Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The red strap Universal Title looked like a strawberry fruit rollup, and changing the strap to blue really wasn't much better. The 24/7 title also looks terrible.

But the worst one was the Divas title. Just look at this piece of Lisa Frank bullshit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Divas title was a good representation of how embarrassing and insulting the division was toward the fans and the wrestlers themselves.

Also holy lord has TNA/Impact sucked at having belts

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

sticklefifer posted:

The red strap Universal Title looked like a strawberry fruit rollup, and changing the strap to blue really wasn't much better. The 24/7 title also looks terrible.

But the worst one was the Divas title. Just look at this piece of Lisa Frank bullshit.

It looks like it belongs more on a loving Bratz doll.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JOHN CENA posted:

TNA came close to introducing a United States Championship in 2010 after the move to Monday Nights, but smartly backed off after realizing they had a case of Too Many Belts-itus.

I refuse to believe TNA “smartly backed off” from something instead of something like, not paying a few extra bucks for shipping insurance and it was lost in the mail or sending the belt out for a photoshoot to a photographer they owed money to

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Every belt on this page with the exception of the Waffle House World Championship

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

Every belt on this page with the exception of the Waffle House World Championship

im the jerky boys prank calling championship

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The spinner belts are dogshit

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Belt gloryholes is the kind of innovation wrestling needs more of.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

overmind2000 posted:

This entire page is incredible

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jerusalem make this image the css background

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

JOHN CENA posted:

I was gonna post this, that loving thing rules, need to make that the custom belt if big show ever wins another

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
the story posted earlier about the original world title found after 50 years still makes my mind boggle as to why Vince won't let there be an actual physical hall of fame.

That is one of the things that will begin happening the very second that life leaves Vince's body unless he deathbed sells WWE to Disney or something.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i could absolutely see a scenario where he sells or wills the company to another company instead of his kids

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

edit

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 2, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rotinaj posted:

the story posted earlier about the original world title found after 50 years still makes my mind boggle as to why Vince won't let there be an actual physical hall of fame.

That is one of the things that will begin happening the very second that life leaves Vince's body unless he deathbed sells WWE to Disney or something.

I think a physical WWE Hall of Fame would be doomed to fail. There's no way it would make enough money to stay open.

The belt itself is currently in HHH's office, along with the other WWWF/WWF/WWE Heavyweight titles (though he seems to be missing the Hogan 85 & Hogan 86 belts)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

I think selling to Disney would almost guarantee a physical HOF? They seem like a company who would try and cash in in as many different ways are possible and they could just stuff it onto one of their properties or something.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Hall of Presidents gets demolished for the Hall of Champions.

Animatronic versions of Hogan, Flair, and Corbin cut promos on you inside.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Davros1 posted:

I think a physical WWE Hall of Fame would be doomed to fail. There's no way it would make enough money to stay open.

The belt itself is currently in HHH's office, along with the other WWWF/WWF/WWE Heavyweight titles (though he seems to be missing the Hogan 85 & Hogan 86 belts)

i would imagine that hogan owns the 85 and 86 editions

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

He has already had his money losing boondoggle of the decade, he's not opening a Hall of Fame.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I've always liked the big green belt even though the strap makes it look goofy looking.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MassRafTer posted:

He has already had his money losing boondoggle of the decade, he's not opening a Hall of Fame.

rude thing to call house shows but facts are facts I suppose

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

rude thing to call house shows but facts are facts I suppose

Vince started a global pandemic the quarter after they started losing money.

Also I've told this story before but the Big Gold with the bent top kind of counts as a weird belt.

In 1999 WCW had casts made of the Big Gold Belt around the time Ready to Rumble was filmed. In 2000 one of these casts would briefly replace the belt only to go with Hogan during the BATB 2000 angle. The bent belt became the on screen belt again. The casts were given to main eventers, so Steiner got one along with Goldberg and some others. When the company closed Steiner switched the real belt with the bent top for his cast replica and that belt went to WWE while he kept the real belt.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

COWHIDE~

this pile of poo poo absolutely deserves to be in this thread:

as do these very much non-piles of poo poo:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i appreciate that cowhide belt

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah that cowhide belt is a big yeehaw and I hope they steal the idea when they decide to make Page AEW champion

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Vince started a global pandemic the quarter after they started losing money.

Also I've told this story before but the Big Gold with the bent top kind of counts as a weird belt.

In 1999 WCW had casts made of the Big Gold Belt around the time Ready to Rumble was filmed. In 2000 one of these casts would briefly replace the belt only to go with Hogan during the BATB 2000 angle. The bent belt became the on screen belt again. The casts were given to main eventers, so Steiner got one along with Goldberg and some others. When the company closed Steiner switched the real belt with the bent top for his cast replica and that belt went to WWE while he kept the real belt.

Hahahaha Scott Steiner owns

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

JOHN CENA posted:

The gently caress? PANGAEA? Is that the Cretaceous Period belt?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

AlmightyPants posted:

its the supercontinental championship

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

AlmightyPants posted:

If Luchasaurus wasn't the first champion that belt is a FARCE! :argh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hunnert car pileup posted:

as do these very much non-piles of poo poo:

I appreciate tag belts that aren't identical.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I appreciate tag belts that aren't identical.

Yeah, the old NXT tag belts were the same way, basically negative images of each other, which is why FTR's 'bang the belts together' pose made sense.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wrestling tradition can be cool and yield some classic championship designs.

this piece of poo poo is not one of them.

look at all that white!

this is probably of the gaudiest and just ugliest "custom" championship designs, and yes, im including the jeff hardy belt.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 2, 2020

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Yeah, I have to agree. That Brisco one is bad. If it looked more like legit camo and not just some shapes cut out of construction paper, it may look a bit better but oof that strap looks dollar-store cheap.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

bonus edition! alternate belts that were either proposed or abandoned immediately after debuting.

ROH tried this design out exactly once and never spoke of it again.

thank you for posting this belt. I just watched Joe vs. Punk a week ago when they introduced this belt and was very confused because i had no memory of this belt and wondered wtf it looked like up close. I did think the back of the strap being red was cool.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i loved the original ROH belt so much. Yes it was just a straight copy of the midsouth belt but i think somehow it visually *worked* better for ROH than it did for UWF. something about its simplicity really stuck with me and I felt like the championship in a really silly way lost a lot of its luster after they redesigned it in 2010.

this just never really cut it for me.

the 2010 tag titles though i thought were decent improvement over the 2005-2009 designs, of which there don't appear to be ANY good quality photos of, really odd. Only issue with the 2010s was the actual plates were kind of small, i think if they looked like HYOOGE BELTS it'd def look better.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 2, 2020

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

i loved the original ROH belt so much. Yes it was just a straight copy of the midsouth belt but i think somehow it visually *worked* better for ROH than it did for UWF. something about its simplicity really stuck with me and I felt like the championship in a really silly way lost a lot of its luster after they redesigned it in 2010.

this just never really cut it for me.

god yes agree 100% with this. i don't hate the redesigns (well, the 2nd redesign was kinda sucky imo), but that first belt was so rad. and to a lesser extent, the Pure Championship.

ROH running with these tag belts for a year or two was strange since, if i recall, they never had anything on them to indicate they were ROH titles, just a generic looking belt, which looked fine, but it was weird

but these belts i loved

I think that old logo (Which is my fav ROH logo) mixed with the silver is such a nice combo. anyways, speaking of bad belts, i hated their original TV title belt. I'm pretty sure one of the side plates is of a guy operating a studio camera??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the 2nd redesign was just a wider version of one of the belts used for the AJPW triple crown, but widening said title created the unfortunate resemblance of