Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The Business Plot seemed oddly relevant to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Gareth is losing it

https://twitter.com/reynoldsgareth/status/1270539528336404480

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Oh snap, a reverse dollop, and it's a two parter.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Dollop adjacent: gently caress the west wing thing for making me hear so much of that awful rbg rap

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
What was the episode where Dave inadvertently mispronounced "pussy wounds"?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Dave and Gareth are finally doing Charles Lindbergh.

Get ready for secret families, nazi sympathy and America's first "baby in the well" story.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol I remember how fast things went when I was a kid from "whee I love planes wow Spirit of St. Louis" to "Mom, what was Charles Lindbergh like?[...] Huh? The bad guys from Indiana Jones?"

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Harriet Tubman reveal was :discourse:

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I know we've all talked about how The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island is, well, horrific, but I'm listening to it again and the worst part is that it just keeps going. It starts with the seals and seabirds, which is terrible. Then the rats/cats/rabbits debacle, which gets dropped for the penguin holocaust. And then Dave comes back to the rats/cats/rabbits thing, because now the cats are endangering other species. It started in the 1800s, and it just goes on and on - the last date he mentioned before I paused it to post this and play video games was 2006, when they were still using the virus that had expired in 2002.

Wil regularly getting fed up about the topic was a bright spot, if I had to pick one. "This is a country that treats you better than your own country does! Why would you come here and tell us this?"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

beats for junkies posted:

I know we've all talked about how The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island is, well, horrific, but I'm listening to it again and the worst part is that it just keeps going. It starts with the seals and seabirds, which is terrible. Then the rats/cats/rabbits debacle, which gets dropped for the penguin holocaust. And then Dave comes back to the rats/cats/rabbits thing, because now the cats are endangering other species. It started in the 1800s, and it just goes on and on - the last date he mentioned before I paused it to post this and play video games was 2006, when they were still using the virus that had expired in 2002.

Wil regularly getting fed up about the topic was a bright spot, if I had to pick one. "This is a country that treats you better than your own country does! Why would you come here and tell us this?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f5viRoaZNw

simpsons did jokes on that.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I admit I didn’t find that Dollop episode as disturbing as most people because that Simpsons joke was the only thing I could think of.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It's weird because that one didn't bother me. I guess because the concept is so cliche. But there are plenty of Dollops about lovely humans that make me apoplectic and sad for the species. Then I listen to the Rube ep again. Or the Ten Cent Beer Night. Or the one about the second (?) black pro baseball player well before Jackie Robinson. I don't even like baseball.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Ape of Naples posted:

It's weird because that one didn't bother me. I guess because the concept is so cliche. But there are plenty of Dollops about lovely humans that make me apoplectic and sad for the species. Then I listen to the Rube ep again. Or the Ten Cent Beer Night. Or the one about the second (?) black pro baseball player well before Jackie Robinson. I don't even like baseball.

The part with the "digester" weirded me out the most.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

The part with the "digester" weirded me out the most.

That's the heart of the operation

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The Ape of Naples posted:

All the Baseball episodes are so good.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

All the Baseball episodes are so good.

Dykstra

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The one about the fans of Philadelphia is really good too. I mean, they're all horrible but you can at least laugh at the horribleness.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
They really need a Dock Ellis episode. Or Jim Bouton or Curt Flood.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Curt Flood story feels like one that they need to do

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They really need a Dock Ellis episode. Or Jim Bouton or Curt Flood.

I thought they did Doc Ellis.

EDIT:

I'm getting podcasts confused

https://crooked.com/podcast/the-no-no-the-dock-ellis-story/

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I thought this video was all I needed but now I see there’s a full length documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqvlrJQVAP4

Holy poo poo it’s six years old. Guess I haven’t paid much attention in a while.

I told a friend about this story years back and he didn’t believe a word. “Dock Ellis? Ellis Doc...Ellis D...LSD??” And I was all :aaaaa:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The documentary is well worth your time, I just wanna hear Dave and Gareth riff on it

Spaceman Bill Lee would be a good one, too

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I want a Dollop on Joe Beef, the best guy from Montreal.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Finally finished listening to all Dollop episodes of and boy what a wild fun entertaining and enlightening experience.

Now moving onto to Dave's other podcast covering The West Wing

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
He gets so mad in The West Wing Thing, it's great

Josh has a great sense of comedic timing too

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

GANDHITRON posted:

He gets so mad in The West Wing Thing, it's great

Josh has a great sense of comedic timing too

*plays clip from West Wing of Josh drinking coffee*

Also, yeah, Dave keeps his anger pretty well in check on The Dollop, compared to West Wing Thing (and to a lesser extent, Walking the Room, which is actually where The Dollop got its name, and it's a terrible origin story).

My only complaint about WWT is that it seems to be a lower volume than the rest of the podcasts I listen to, but that's a pretty easy fix.

I enjoy the theme song(s). "Are you ready to do something nice for prostitutes? Because we're ready to do something nice for prostitutes!"

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 15, 2020

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Also, yeah, Dave keeps his anger pretty well in check on The Dollop, compared to West Wing Thing (and to a lesser extent, Walking the Room, which is actually where The Dollop got its name, and it's a terrible origin story).

My only complaint about WWT is that it seems to be a lower volume than the rest of the podcasts I listen to, but that's a pretty easy fix.

I enjoy the theme song(s). "Are you ready to do something nice for prostitutes? Because we're ready to do something nice for prostitutes!"

West Wing thing is at a very low volume until one of the music stingers and then it's YOU'RE JUST A WOMAN at maximum volume.

Whoever does their production isn't good at it. That said, it's still a great 'cast.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Yea after 3 episodes I was hoping they would fix it but apparently they don't?

Thankfully Podcast Addict has volume boost.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wait you're telling me a dave anthony podcast has audio issues???

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I like the theme songs but holy gently caress I wish they were at a lower volume compared to the actual show

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i always listen to podcasts out of a marshall stack so this is no issue for me

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

scary ghost dog posted:

i always listen to podcasts out of a marshall stack so this is no issue for me

I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere someone claimed they repaired a Marshall amplifier that a guy had been using to play records, from his stereo's output, through the amplifier's input claiming it was the "true" sound of rock and roll.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The Prince of Swindlers episode blew my mind when I realized that Richard C. Foster was the Elon Musk of the 1800s. Time is a flat circle and all of that.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Now I’m want to record a record that’s made to be played through guitar and bass amps

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Crass has been around for awhile if you want to take a listen.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had audio issues with that one. Not that it's been all that big of a deal lately, but I can never listen to this podcast on a commute because I can't actually hear what anyone is saying.

My only other real criticism of the podcast was Josh bringing up the same anecdotes over and over again, although lately that hasn't been happening thankfully.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Dave's great-grandfather almost ran over Alexander Graham Bell in a Model T and a fearsome curse was levied upon the family.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

God the latest West Wing Thing guest sucks rear end.

Edit: She just keeps defending loving Kamala jesus.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

MonsieurChoc posted:

God the latest West Wing Thing guest sucks rear end.

Edit: She just keeps defending loving Kamala jesus.

30 episodes into my listen and it is just sad and hilarious at times when they talk about the current election but when there were a dozen candidates. Especially how much they hate Kamala and now she is Biden's VP pick.

And I didn't record what episode but Dave goes off so hard at the end of one. Dollop makes me angry so often with their stories but gently caress does this show really amp it up.