Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrodes
Oct 18, 2003

LOL RACISM!
Killdozer a SA classic, has finally been turned into a movie

Its on Netflix, under the ridiculous title Tread

I am in no way endorsing this film (its on Netflix, so its probably poo poo)

:killdozer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
wth was Killdozer copyrighted??? T-t-t-that's the best possible movie title for any movie why wouldn't they??

E: and it's not on Australian netflix gently caress netflix

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Funky See Funky Do posted:

gently caress netflix

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Yeah it's called Mortal Engines and has been out for awhile now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In a city turned to rubble. Two lovers fight to be together. Coming this summer. Killdozer.

Killdozer please you know I love you but even our love can't traverse this debris.

*heartbroken engine noises*

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I enjoyed it. The dude was like a real life version of Dale Gribble from King of the Hill so it was fun to get to hear his deranged ranting on the tapes followed by the director cutting to the guy he was talking about who said "I... don't remember ever really having a conversation with Marvin."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

wth was Killdozer copyrighted???
Yes.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071717/

SA didn't come up with the name, we just appropriated it for the real-life spiritual successor of that movie.

Of course I'm sure Netflix could have bought the Killdozer name off of whoever holds it now if they wanted to, I doubt it's particularly in demand.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Here's my fun Killdozer story: years ago when I worked in a gallery in Colorado a young lady came in one day and I struck up a conversation with her, as was my job. Turns out she was from Granby, and I, being an ever-so-charming goon, immediately said "oh wow were you there for Killdozer?" Smooth, right? Really professional, young BFM.

As it turned out yes, she was there for that event, and her family knew Marvin Heemeyer, and she was really profoundly sad that I had referred to him by that name, it was like I had kicked her dog or something. She talked to me for 20 incredibly awkward minutes about how sad his story really was, how she still felt really bad for him, that the town didn't deserve being known just for one mentally unstable person's drawn-out disastrous suicide and she was tired of people thinking it was funny or cool in any way because it wasn't. She left, deflated and sad, and I still to this day feel like a total prick for ruining her nice Saturday afternoon looking at paintings by being crass about a local tragedy. True story!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Here's my fun Killdozer story: years ago when I worked in a gallery in Colorado a young lady came in one day and I struck up a conversation with her, as was my job. Turns out she was from Granby, and I, being an ever-so-charming goon, immediately said "oh wow were you there for Killdozer?" Smooth, right? Really professional, young BFM.

As it turned out yes, she was there for that event, and her family knew Marvin Heemeyer, and she was really profoundly sad that I had referred to him by that name, it was like I had kicked her dog or something. She talked to me for 20 incredibly awkward minutes about how sad his story really was, how she still felt really bad for him, that the town didn't deserve being known just for one mentally unstable person's drawn-out disastrous suicide and she was tired of people thinking it was funny or cool in any way because it wasn't. She left, deflated and sad, and I still to this day feel like a total prick for ruining her nice Saturday afternoon looking at paintings by being crass about a local tragedy. True story!

you've now also ruined the mystique of Killdozer for me forever

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Scrodes posted:

Killdozer a SA classic, has finally been turned into a movie

Its on Netflix, under the ridiculous title Tread

I am in no way endorsing this film (its on Netflix, so its probably poo poo)

:killdozer:

it was entertaining

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Excelzior posted:

you've now also ruined the mystique of Killdozer for me forever

i mean aside from the mental illness, you gotta admit it's still pretty cool to go apeshit in a homemade bulldozer-tank.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Tumble posted:

i mean aside from the mental illness, you gotta admit it's still pretty cool to go apeshit in a homemade bulldozer-tank.
And he didn't ultimately hurt anyone aside from himself! I mean, he probably tried but they don't give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tumble posted:

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

There was a thread probably 15 years ago where a goon from there made a little rc killdozer replica. I don't really remember the point of the thread, but it may have been like he was trying to do some sort of respectful tribute on an anniversary. I definitely remember he said that it was basically that town's 9/11 and everyone knows where they were when it was going down and talking about it is a type of trauma. He said he had to be really careful filming footage with that replica, since it'd likely really upset anyone he came across.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvl_7_Up7zU

here's a video by a youtube city planner engineer nerd guy who goes into a lot of detail about how this guy was actually weird as gently caress and should have just sold his dumb little muffler shop

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
You may think it's incredibly ghoulish and evil to hold up a proto magachud attempting to commit mass murder over perceived aggreivances as some kind of folk hero but I'll have you know that he was mildly inconvenienced by the fact that he wasn't allowed to just dump sewage on the ground so really who can say.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Is this better than the 1984 James Garner blockbuster "Tank"

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

the man did not kill anyone and also i believe he had financial issues sounds like you need to watch the movie

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Pontificating rear end posted:

the man did not kill anyone and also i believe he had financial issues sounds like you need to watch the movie

the dude was a landowner and a small business owner who was more well off than like 95% of the people in this country who was just furious at the thought that he might have to get a job and live in an apartment like the rest of the proles, the fact that his years of impotent sputtering into a tape recorder about how he was going to rain vengeance on the planet because people wouldn't let him dump his turds and pee into an open ditch culminated in the only death being his own is something to be thankful for but does not in any way lessen what a stupid and evil man he was

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Sleeveless posted:

the dude was a landowner and a small business owner who was more well off than like 95% of the people in this country who was just furious at the thought that he might have to get a job and live in an apartment like the rest of the proles, the fact that his years of impotent sputtering into a tape recorder about how he was going to rain vengeance on the planet because people wouldn't let him dump his turds and pee into an open ditch culminated in the only death being his own is something to be thankful for but does not in any way lessen what a stupid and evil man he was

Wow what a cool liberal flagellant

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the guy used a discarded concrete truck barrel as a septic tank, he didn't deserve to have a business

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sleeveless posted:

this is pretty much all correct. in a way it's sort of the like anti-mcdonalds hot coffee lawsuit of internet heard-down-the-grapevine tale whose story blew up becoming a projection of an exculpatory narrative; whereas she was in the right and perceived wrong and hes in the wrong but perceived right because it makes for a funnier story.

that said, killdozer lmao. killdozer pwns

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Caesar Saladin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvl_7_Up7zU

here's a video by a youtube city planner engineer nerd guy who goes into a lot of detail about how this guy was actually weird as gently caress and should have just sold his dumb little muffler shop

It's a pro-watch because the shittiness/pettiness of this guy outweighes the awesomeness of the killdozer and that's quite an achievement.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

And he didn't ultimately hurt anyone aside from himself!
Because people evacuated so there was no one inside the buildings he crashed through the walls of where children and dogs would usually be.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Killdozer please you know I love you but even our love can't traverse this debris.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

In a city turned to rubble. Two lovers fight to be together. Coming this summer. Killdozer.

Last train out of this town. I'll miss you, Granby.

*sigh*

I'll miss you, Killdozer.

[Killdozer smashes through the wall and derails the train] HONK HONK

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
The reviews of the concrete plant he knocked down are interesting.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...!4d-105.9537551

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Vanagoon posted:

The reviews of the concrete plant he knocked down are interesting.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...!4d-105.9537551

Interesting to see the dates and how the reviews come in clusters - I assume a fresh batch happens every time the myth gets posted to someone's facebook feed.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So you're just going to leave? After you filled me in like some kind of cheap ditch?

*beep beep beep beep beep*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is that a kill bill sequel? Who's dozer

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
/sees guy bulldozing a town

"hmmm, I'll have to know whether he owns a house or not before I cast judgement"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hey if anyone wants to bulldoze the multimillion condos :shrug:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

who among us has not desired the capacity to build a war machine out of ridiculously disproportionate spite to destroy their enemies?

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
It was interesting but I don't know why they needed to show him in the seat with the gun next to him. That seemed kind of gross and unnecessary.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kecske posted:

who among us has not desired the capacity to build a war machine out of ridiculously disproportionate spite to destroy their enemies?

:emptyquote:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

So you're just going to leave? After you filled me in like some kind of cheap ditch?

*beep beep beep beep beep*

Killdozer, you're so good at tearing down walls... But when will you bulldoze the walls around your heart?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

It seems you're trying to make us not laugh at this but everything you just described is hilarious

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Killdozer, more like loldozer amiright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I prefer the MILFHunter