Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Wheeee posted:

They began to show up more for me as I crossed into mountain territory, but yes they show up and have been integral to my obsessively having ziplines in place to never have to walk anywhere more than once.

As to the RIDE bike, you get the design well before ziplines from a delivery I think, I forget exactly, but build one and ride around on it.

this fuckin game

I got it yesterdaym, haven't built it yet. Turns out it's a reward from one of the memory collectibles, not sure which, I usually only turn em in when I have several gathered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I had a delivery disaster in the mountains and the cargo from like 6 orders was destroyed so I decided to just cancel everything. Is the 6 hour cooldown on those orders in game time or real time?

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

RIDE bike mem chip is at the bottom of the left side of the huge waterfall by the Cosplayer. In a crevice.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
okay so i finished norman reedus fetus repeatus: the treatise, here are some brief thoughts

Capital A Acting

character animation ridiculously good

utter banger of a soundtrack

i didn't expect kojima to invent and dissect a new theology

the fourth wall breaking never got old

reedus hugging deadman melted my cold heart

the sam vs cliff punchfest was a complete trip after having just finished TLOU2

mads mikkelson is a god drat treasure

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

okay so i finished norman reedus fetus repeatus: the treatise, here are some brief thoughts

No Doc, it was you. You're the goddamn treasure.

1 Like for another good delivery, porter

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
BLOINK! thanks pal

more thoughts:

Im gonna dive back in at some point, I'm sure of it. This whole thing, mechanically, is like Kojima had a hallucinatory fever and played nothing but dragon quest builders while recovering. On the one hand I get how people could be bored with it, on the other hand it actually feels like a distillation of a lot of the good stuff in the MGS games. It gets rambly and weird, but it has a coherent story with a beginning middle and end and doesn't overstay its welcome, which places it above MGS4 and 5 in my book.

It takes a lot of technical prowess and playtesting to get something like this right, and I'm deeply impressed that this game pulls off what it's trying to do.

It's also, by far, the least horny Kojima game.

since I've been so positive so far, here are things I didn't like:

Higgs is not much of a character. I like troy baker but he's the only celeb in the game who feels like he's playing himself rather than a character in the game.
the chiral artist. hoooo boy. if you're gonna have an actress just read lines phonetically off the page without having any idea what they mean... well i guess i hope you got laid, kojima.
ziplines are a little too good, you should start with less chiral bandwidth so you have to at least upgrade them once to stretch a network from one shelter to another
the shooting mechanics suck rear end and needed another 6 months in the oven

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I'm up to ep.8 and so far every single character story is next level insane.

I do kinda want Heartman's mattress floor.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
So is there a collection of PC save files anywhere?
I'd like to move from the PS4 to PC but I'd like to be somewhat close to my progress that I'm at on the PS4.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Finally got 5 stars with everyone, think I'm done with the game now. Could grind out the timed premium deliveries to get a full purple star but everything left to do seems like filler achievements at this point.

87 hours played and I can confidently say that it was Sam's fault every time he fell over like a dumbass, not mine.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Finally got 5 stars with everyone, think I'm done with the game now. Could grind out the timed premium deliveries to get a full purple star but everything left to do seems like filler achievements at this point.

87 hours played and I can confidently say that it was Sam's fault every time he fell over like a dumbass, not mine.

If you did PC could i rape your save files?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Hell of an autocorrect there

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

If you did PC could i rape your save files?

Sounds like you have a big weekend planned.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Hell yes.

edit: but seriously, I really want to play this on PC and I don't want to start over =(

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 3, 2020

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Hell yes.

edit: but seriously, I really want to play this on PC and I don't want to start over =(

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7licvzgkr54j87v/AAAeyfJNLU9QN5ZFbFf0RgXaa?dl=0

There's the contents of my save folder found in:

C > Users > Username > Appdata > Local > KojimaProductions > DeathStranding

Not sure if you can just copy all that into yours and have it work but it's worth a try. If that works I'm curious if the zipline network would be messed up since it might populate the world with ziplines from your area instead of mine.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
Well, I did it

I did not want this game to be over, and I was very glad to have been able to spend some time here.

I'm also glad I saved climbing that peak south of Timefall Farm for my last trip:

Also this memory chip text sure is interesting:

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Not sure if you can just copy all that into yours and have it work but it's worth a try. If that works I'm curious if the zipline network would be messed up since it might populate the world with ziplines from your area instead of mine.

Cool THANK YOU!
I guess ill give it a shot.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Do the pizza deliveries

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

welp. They are "corrupted" according to the game. Dangit. Hopefully there are cheats so I can speedrun to my last spot. =/

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aeka 2.0 posted:

welp. They are "corrupted" according to the game. Dangit. Hopefully there are cheats so I can speedrun to my last spot. =/

There are trainers for the PC version, yes. Including one that makes it so enemies ignore you so you can just go about making deliveries without anyone bothering you.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
just finished the story, 10/10 Kojima weirdness but this time i actually sort of got it. lots of very emotionally cathartic moments in the last chunk, mixed with Twin Peaks BS. game absolutely wouldn't work as well without the great performances from all the lead cast.

5 minutes later in the post game i drove a reverse trike off a cliff into a ladder so hard it crashed to desktop. 11/10.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

is it really surprising a big name game with this many moving parts either has DRM or Steam fuckery so you can't just pop in a perfect save file? i'd either just suck it up and grind out progress to where you were, or wait a few months and play the whole thing fresh, but you do you.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

It seems to me like the Bola gun is way better at taking out enemies than the non-lethal assault rifle, even though you get it way earlier. The rifle takes so many shots to down a dude and runs out of ammo super fast. I really don't see the advantage of using it. Am I missing something?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Shinmera posted:

Am I missing something?

Probably, if you hit your shots they'd go down quicker

:rimshot:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

If you stick around too long, a tied up MULE can untie themselves (unless you get a headshot with the bola weights, or kick them while they’re down). I don’t think unconscious dudes wake up, but could be mistaken.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Roach Warehouse posted:

If you stick around too long, a tied up MULE can untie themselves (unless you get a headshot with the bola weights, or kick them while they’re down). I don’t think unconscious dudes wake up, but could be mistaken.

Yeah, but they typically stay tied for long enough that you can gun everyone down and then just go and kick em. Once they're all unconscious it's all the same.

dogstile posted:

Probably, if you hit your shots they'd go down quicker

:rimshot:

I'm really terrible at gamepad fps, and have honestly no interest in improving -- it's just really terrible.

I guess I should try and set up motion aiming with the SN30, but the contextual nature of how you use weapons might make that hard.

Definitely recommended for MGSV though -- motion aim with that game is so drat good!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I was kidding, it wasn't actually a serious jab at your aim :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shinmera posted:

It seems to me like the Bola gun is way better at taking out enemies than the non-lethal assault rifle, even though you get it way earlier. The rifle takes so many shots to down a dude and runs out of ammo super fast. I really don't see the advantage of using it. Am I missing something?

Enemies go down in like 2-3 shots in the head from an assault rifle and don't require you to walk up to them to kick them half the time.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Is it possible to kill a MULE to void out an entire MULE area for good?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The bola seems more like the aim required one.

Human enemies eventually get a way to reach out and touch you too in a way that feels like the bola is out ranged.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Is it possible to kill a MULE to void out an entire MULE area for good?

I think you get a game over screen if you cause a voidout with a human.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The rifle downs MULEs in one headshot and Demens in two or three. It's really good, just don't hold down the trigger at center mass and expect it to do the job for you because Sam's aim gets wobbly quickly.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Are steam achievements fucky or are people doing a ton of cheevo cheating, because the completion rates for chapters aren't in linear order; more people have completed the game than the chapter prior, and there's variance throughout

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They seem to be a little bugged. For example I don't have the achievement for completing the prologue, but I do have the one for completing episode 1.

Xbone
Nov 3, 2013

Wheeee posted:

Are steam achievements fucky or are people doing a ton of cheevo cheating, because the completion rates for chapters aren't in linear order; more people have completed the game than the chapter prior, and there's variance throughout

Any one at any time can use the Steam Achievement Manager tool to add or remove cheevos on steam, so it's probably not accurate since it's basically on the honor system at this point.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

CJacobs posted:

The rifle downs MULEs in one headshot and Demens in two or three. It's really good, just don't hold down the trigger at center mass and expect it to do the job for you because Sam's aim gets wobbly quickly.

Ah, yeah, holding fire is my mistake. I'll try to be more careful next time.

Anyway, today I went up to Mountain Knot. If I hadn't thought to put the bomb onto a carrier it probably would have been much more of a pain.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

What's the difference between Bridges and the UCA? I don't really understand when some of the preppers agree to join the former but not the latter. I'm in Episode 4, maybe it gets explained at some point?

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Bridges is a delivery company, and UCA is the union of cities that agree to help each other. They might only want to join the chiral network at first to get access to the internet and printing, but might not want to agree to join the whole 'stronger together' thing.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I know seeing other players infrastructure and working together and liking each others stuff is sorta the entire point of the game, or rather the thing that makes the mechanics jive with the themes and all that, but sometimes I wish it was just me building my own infrastructure out, finding and building my own pathways. Feel like the work is often more than half done for me.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm about 5 hours into this game, and last night I stumbled down a slick hill, caught my balance just in time to jump-punch a MULE. Knocked him out instantly, slo-mo grabbed his cargo container, then in the same motion chucked it directly into his buddy's face and KO'd him.

gently caress this game is awesome.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wrr posted:

I know seeing other players infrastructure and working together and liking each others stuff is sorta the entire point of the game, or rather the thing that makes the mechanics jive with the themes and all that, but sometimes I wish it was just me building my own infrastructure out, finding and building my own pathways. Feel like the work is often more than half done for me.

If you play offline that's what it'll be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Wrr posted:

Yeah I'm also kinda miffed about HZD holograms everywhere. The signs and holos in general make some high-traffic places look like shopping malls.

You can turn off other people's buildings in the options. The ones already loaded to your map won't disappear, but new ones will stop popping up.