Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
You are Not in Kansas anymore....you are on PANDORA

If there is a Hell, you may wish to go there for some R&R.....after a tour on Pandora.

Out there beyond that fence, every living thing that crawls, flies, or squats in the mud wants to kill you and eat your eyes for Jujubes.

In order to post in such a hostile environment, you will need a biological shell that has adapted to the elements. This will be administered to you upon posting in this thread. This is your only warning.

Discussion of the 2009 family film "Avatar" is optional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

FunkyAl posted:

If there is a Hell, you may wish to go there for some R&R.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Welcome to pandora!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I'm going to take a deep breath of the air on pandora!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Well by golly! The brochure was so vague.. Please tell me more about some of these incredible new members of God's Kingdom here for me to share the gospel with?

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

reignofevil posted:

Well by golly! The brochure was so vague.. Please tell me more about some of these incredible new members of God's Kingdom here for me to share the gospel with?

You're just in time for the ceremony where we all join hands and do the wave around our life tree

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I liked Avatar when I was watching it, but I didn't like it afterwards. It's not a bad movie, it's just a slog.

I think the heavy handed allegory of white guilt of the treatment of Native Americans is far too obvious and tone deaf. But who knows maybe I'm the idiot here.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Oh shiit I wasn't supposed to post here. Help me my dudes. Reading is hard.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The main ride at animal kingdom is amazing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrIxGWterYA

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The natural flora.... It has some very unexpected strategies for repopulating itself!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Please note that the perfectly connected ecosystem on pandora, which connects all life and spirits perfectly, is still loading some biological avatars for new posters. We ask that you "hold your breath"

reignofevil posted:

The natural flora.... It has some very unexpected strategies for repopulating itself!

Why, one of them has even attached itself like a parasite inside my brain, and is sending out psyonic signals to every Pandorabee hive within 500 kilos!

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i have come to spread the gospel of the avatar of the LORD... jesus christ

edit: what the gently caress, there is already a spreader of the gospel of jesus christ? let us go to war

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'd rather post on Pandaria

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Lol that they are currently making avatar 2, 3, & 4. Like, how can you wrangle 3 more movies out of that garbage paper thin plot?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Peachfart posted:

Lol that they are currently making avatar 2, 3, & 4. Like, how can you wrangle 3 more movies out of that garbage paper thin plot?

james cameron

i don't think they're going to be good, but if they're good, it's going to seem like it should've been obvious in retrospect given cameron's whole career

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Peachfart posted:

They're not making three more movies.

They're making four.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

fauna posted:

i have come to spread the gospel of the avatar of the LORD... jesus christ

edit: what the gently caress, there is already a spreader of the gospel of jesus christ? let us go to war

The meaning of it all is very clear to me. It is time to construct an ark and then we'll coax two of every pandoran creature aboard so that they can repopulate!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think all that Sam Worthington stock that Cameron invested in might have lost all of it's value.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

avatar malfunctioning rear end falling off canNOT BREATHE AAAHA B̞̲̠̫̤̲͓e͚͎̟ ͓͙̝̫̤̝̥͠N̜̺o̜͘ṭ̘̱͓̯̮̜ ͓̲̗̜A͏͎̜̬͔͚f̠͝r҉̞͚a͓̩͟i͕ḍ

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

HELP TECH SUPPORT

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

fauna posted:

HELP TECH SUPPORT

This is all part of the normal pandoran experience. Here, take a bit of this phosphorescently glowing homeopathic leaf, that cures all known afflictions. On pandora, even the plants are alive.

Peachfart posted:

On this note, it might be fun to hear predictions for what will happen in the Avatars. In the next one, I predict Sam Worthington will discover a rune that names him some kind of messiah

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

take me to your leader

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

FunkyAl posted:

This is all part of the normal pandoran experience. Here, take a bit of this phosphorescently glowing homeopathic leaf, that cures all known afflictions. On pandora, even the plants are alive.
thank you, friend. my stomach acids have communed with the ghost of the plant and i finally feel connected to this magical realm.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

fauna posted:

take me to your leader

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i have never watched avatar because consulting the supplementary material is forbidden by my sect. from talking to others, apparently i have to make love to a tree via my erogenous ponytail to connect with the universal hivemind and win battles. confirm / deny?

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

is this right? i can't tell if it's working. though i feel very spiritually fulfilled

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

fauna posted:

is this right? i can't tell if it's working. though i feel very spiritually fulfilled

Yes, now you're catching on! You now think the tree's thoughts, and the tree shall think yours. It is the way of things.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

FunkyAl posted:

Yes, now you're catching on! You now think the tree's thoughts, and the tree shall think yours. It is the way of things.
bad news, my thoughts displeased the tree

i have failed in my mission

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

the only people irl that i know to have watched avatar are my mom and stepfather, and neither really remembered any details about it. avatar is the biggest property in the world that i know the least about. there are cat people and a dangerous planet?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well since I’m here here’s some pics of pandora I took when I went

From some videos I took

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

When the movie was still in development I assumed that James Cameron's Avatar was the live action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender that was in the works. However, these days it is bit easier to distinguish both movies.

So, posting Avatar in the Avatar thread!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2kbOK8i6I&t=5s

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

fauna posted:

bad news, my thoughts displeased the tree

i have failed in my mission

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
I enjoyed the movie Avatar. The effects were well done and it was the first actually decent use of 3D in a long time. The story was a little basic (Ferngully + Dances With Wolves). Some people get way into the world building or horny for the blue cat lady. They are making 4 sequels at once that may or may not ever come out. Literally Nobody remembers or like this movie apparently. That should cover all the bases

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I remember seeing Avatar and thinking that 3D was indeed amazing.

It took less than a year before I realized it wasn't the future, but a lame gimmick that just makes your movie ticket extra pricey.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

:nws: for Navi titties
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REeg4LW14Sk

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

cameron's gonna save the film industry by bringing back smell-o-vision

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Since my glorious av has been destroyed by this thread I'm going to post in it more.

Post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017