Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TheBombPhilosopher posted:

So I just bought the game, and I'm completely terrible at it and I have no idea what I should be doing. I'm wondering what class is most awful newbie friendly?

tbh just try em out and see what feels the best to you at first impression, the most important thing you can do in this game is use your tools on 3 and 4 where appropriate, so keep those in mind.

if you're scout you want to be lighting up the walls and ceilings on big rooms with your flares, and if the engineer puts a platform underneath minerals high up on a wall, it's generally your job to grapple to the platform and get to them since you're the only one who can reach them easily.

if you're engineer, you want to place those platforms beneath the obnoxious minerals so the scout can get them, and don't forget to build your turret.

if you're gunner, you want to throw down your shield when bugs are getting spicy and use your ziplines to cross large gaps.

driller does a bit of anything like drilling ramps up walls, drilling shortcuts through walls, making space around the objective you're defending on salvage operations, or drilling a straight line to the escape pod at the end (and while his c4 is occasionally amazing it's usually the least important tool). I suggest using the terrain scanner a lot when drilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'd say you should plop it on the easiest difficulty and faff about until you get a handle on things, that's what I did.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

So I just bought the game, and I'm completely terrible at it and I have no idea what I should be doing. I'm wondering what class is most awful newbie friendly?

Just jump in feet first. Haz2 won't you much trouble if you have any experience with shooters at all. Most pubbies are friendly, or find the goon coop discord. It really does play better with a 4p team, and you'll learn a lot just watching how other players handle situations.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I have watched this loop so many times now, and every time I am still shocked that it reaches those bugs in the very front.

Also, Jesus, what a terrifying swarm to meet right out the gate

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

If you just want an opinion, I've decided to main the Scout.

1. Having a grappling hook completely transforms the entire game. Seriously, since I picked up the scout, DRG has felt like an entirely different experience. I can swoop around everywhere pretty much instantly which is amazing both for navigation and as a combat tactic. Kite enemies to spot A, grapple across obnoxious chasm, shoot from safe distance, repeat.
2. The Scout's unlockable weapons are fantastic. You get an awesome Sniper Rifle which is thematically perfect for the class, and dual SMGs for close combat and more importantly for feeling like you're a cool future dude from the Matrix.
3. Being able to light up rooms is so much more useful than you'd think. Being able to see everything coming from huge distances really makes battlefields a lot easier to oversee and control.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
If a scout never fires a single shot and just lights up room appropriately I'd be happy to have them along. I've done some scouting myself, but whenever I'm playing another class its tragic how often you get a pubbie scout who almost never uses flares.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nothing like *knowing* a bunch of bugs are crawling along the ceiling as you spool your minigun and being completely unable to see them. because they're just outside of the range of the tossable ground flares.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Another thing I never see pubbie scouts doing is using the grapple offensively. It's not just for getting away to a safe distance. You're literally the only person on the team capable of ALWAYS being behind the Oppressor or Dreadnaught dumping rounds into its butt (which is the only way they take any damage). And you take less risk to do so, because when it turns to chase you next, you also have the easiest time turning and running and then kiting it around for your team. A scout who constantly zips behind the big boy and does mag dumps + damage-upgraded power melees into its butt makes a noticeable difference in the kill time and difficulty of those fights.

All that said, I still recommend playing all the classes for a bit in order to get a feel for which ones you personally like best. But I would also go a step further and recommend revisiting them all periodically as you get better at the game and start to understand all the details of what's going on. I loooved the mobility of scout early on, but it's actually the least interesting to me right now. The grapple is great, but compared to the other dwarves the gameplay and gunplay feels too simple to keep me engaged. It's also a lot of fun to collaboratively build traversal systems around the map with your team, and as the scout you don't get to participate in that. And if you're a team player, you'll spend a decent amount of time waiting for them to get to places you just easily zipped to. And it's not just scout, I also like digger and gunner a LOT more than I initially did when I was overwhelmed and had no upgrades. The only class I've stayed consistent on is engineer, and even there, if you go back through my posts you'll find me contradicting myself a ton on what weapons and builds I do and don't like.

Tl;dr, there is legitimately no best class for anyone, even as a starting point. Just try to relax, throw poo poo at the wall, and see what sticks! It's a lot more fun to do so than in most games.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 3, 2020

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Unsinkabear posted:

Tl;dr, there is legitimately no best class for anyone, even as a starting point. Just try to relax, throw poo poo at the wall, and see what sticks! It's a lot more fun to do so than in most games.

I'd agree with all of this. When I say the Scout is my favorite class at the moment, I'm saying I like the Scout about 10% more than other classes right now, after having fun playing all of them for a little bit. All of the game's classes are strong and fun to play. My current 2nd favorite is Gunner because it's so fun to style on bugs with a hose of bullets from the safety of your shield bubble. Also, Gunner ziplines rule.

Also, good point about the Scout's offensive grappling too. One of my favorite Scout combos against the big guys is freeze grenade -> grapple behind them -> rear end snipe. It's extremely effective and fun to watch players do.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

While we're talking Scout, what's a good way to use his akimbo SMGs? They reload and dump very quickly, but I feel the shotgun is ultimately better at close range DPS, am I missing something? So far the only upside I've noticed for it is that it is easier to leave a grunt at low health for a quick melee kill to proc Vampire.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I'm one of the heathens that uses the Auto Rifle + Twin SMGs. I typically use them for "walking around" combat and then pull out the rifle for when anything serious appears.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Unsinkabear posted:

I have watched this loop so many times now, and every time I am still shocked that it reaches those bugs in the very front.

Also, Jesus, what a terrifying swarm to meet right out the gate

Note that it was also a bad time for the Scout to be offensively grappling. :v:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Kith posted:

I'm one of the heathens that uses the Auto Rifle + Twin SMGs. I typically use them for "walking around" combat and then pull out the rifle for when anything serious appears.

I do the same thing. I find the shotgun's 2 shots leaves me feeling defenseless for too long. SMGs for dealing with in your face surprises, Sniper for everything else. I also use the SMGs' fast reload perk which basically means the guns take about as long to reload you would normally take to simply ease off your left mouse button and start pressing it again so that helps.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

I'd agree with all of this. When I say the Scout is my favorite class at the moment, I'm saying I like the Scout about 10% more than other classes right now, after having fun playing all of them for a little bit. All of the game's classes are strong and fun to play. My current 2nd favorite is Gunner because it's so fun to style on bugs with a hose of bullets from the safety of your shield bubble. Also, Gunner ziplines rule.

Also, good point about the Scout's offensive grappling too. One of my favorite Scout combos against the big guys is freeze grenade -> grapple behind them -> rear end snipe. It's extremely effective and fun to watch players do.

FYI, frozen enemies have zero armor, zero weak spots, and take 300% damage. You don't need to get behind them, just mag dump frozen dudes. (especially if you have bullets of mercy).

My scout load out for EDD's and haz 4/5 is assault rifle and shotgun. You're not going to be making GBS threads out damage, but you can do a respectable job in thinning out swarms and hitting farther off single troublemakers like mactera/acid splitters/menaces.

Shotgun is for burst damage, you're not going to use it a ton. It's mainly for targets with big hp pools.

Light up ceilings, holdouts, and mine everything.

Scout is the best class, and a good scout makes everything just that bit smoother in a run. Welcome to the team.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
The biggest favor you can do for your team wrt Oppressors and such as scout is to just get behind them. Even if they turn to focus you and you lose your ability to magdump, it now has its rear end turned to the other 3 people in your team.

Also make sure you're not grappling onto praetorians just as the driller C4s.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Fishstick posted:

Also make sure you're not grappling onto praetorians just as the driller C4s.

Also make sure you don't grapple directly onto the dreadnought's loving face instead of the wall behind it, as I often do. :cripes:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Unsinkabear posted:

Also make sure you don't grapple directly onto the dreadnought's loving face instead of the wall behind it, as I often do. :cripes:

This is why I don't grapple from the floor like a peasant anymore, shotgun for air, then grapple for distance. Special Powder is a ton of fun and you can do some ridiculous things with that kind of mobility

https://i.imgur.com/b9sVywf.mp4

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

Shotgun is for burst damage, you're not going to use it a ton. It's mainly for targets with big hp pools.

I wonder about this. The hollow point bonus to weakpoints on the rifle makes me prefer magdumping that into bug butts for burst damage as well as for general use. So I end up using it in basically all situations, and barely touching the shotgun at all, as you said. I read one guide that recommended going the opposite direction and using the shotgun as your swarm clear tool by speccing blowthrough, extra pellets, ammo, and reload speed. I'm very intrigued to try that.

Fishstick posted:

This is why I don't grapple from the floor like a peasant anymore, shotgun for air, then grapple for distance. Special Powder is a ton of fun and you can do some ridiculous things with that kind of mobility

https://i.imgur.com/b9sVywf.mp4

:swoon:

This is another one I watched many times. There's a lot going on here that I'm not sure I could pull off, but the pièce de résistance is the slow Hindenburg fall out of the sky by that frozen breeder. Also, freezing it with a rebound throw is just showing off. :colbert:

This is another potent argument for maxing reload speed imo, a couple of those jumps were veeeery tight.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 3, 2020

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Unsinkabear posted:

I wonder about this. The hollow point bonus to weakpoints on the rifle makes me prefer magdumping that into bug butts for burst damage as well as for general use. So I end up using it in basically all situations, and barely touching the shotgun at all, as you said. I read one guide that recommended going the opposite direction and using the shotgun as your swarm clear tool by speccing blowthrough, extra pellets, ammo, and reload speed. I'm very intrigued to try that.

I tried it, but it didn't seem to click with me. Especially on higher difficulties were you don't want to get hit, the shotgun is for a few things you need to delete asap.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

I tried it, but it didn't seem to click with me. Especially on higher difficulties were you don't want to get hit, the shotgun is for a few things you need to delete asap.

That's cool that you tried it, though!

Talking out my rear end here because I don't have much time on Scout and I don't have all these upgrades unlocked yet: I know that the boomstick with either damage upgrade will single-tap grunts up through haz5. If you're firing into a group with the intent to hit a bunch of them, you might not land enough pellets on each one for that, but I would think a double-tap on the group would get it done. Then you could switch to the rifle for any mop-up while the holstered shotgun auto-reloads. That would only leave you with 16-18 uses, though, so it would probably be better to fire once and then rifle the survivors...

Out of curiosity, what is it that you need the shotgun to delete asap instead of just repositioning to butt shoot with your primary? And what upgrades does the swarm build lose that help with that? Just the damage in row 1? Double trigger, I guess?

Edit: poo poo, do I need double trigger to do the super high shotgun jumps?

I think I see where you're coming from. This is a weird gun.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 3, 2020

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
The AR probably does better dps overall but it requires much more time to do so. At higher levels some of the swarms are enough you can't just sit and shoot, so you zip in, unload both barrels, and zip out. Survivability is also important, not just the raw dps.

I've been playing around some smgs and some have been decent. I think they're equal enough it's probably preference, I swap back and forth.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Unsinkabear posted:

That's cool that you tried it, though!

Talking out my rear end here because I don't have much time on Scout and I don't have all these upgrades unlocked yet: I know that the boomstick with either damage upgrade will single-tap grunts up through haz5. If you're firing into a group with the intent to hit a bunch of them, you might not land enough pellets on each one for that, but I would think a double-tap on the group would get it done. Then you could switch to the rifle for any mop-up while the holstered shotgun auto-reloads. That would only leave you with 16-18 uses, though, so it would probably be better to fire once and then rifle the survivors...

Out of curiosity, what is it that you need the shotgun to delete asap instead of just repositioning to butt shoot with your primary? And what upgrades does the swarm build lose that help with that? Just the damage in row 1? Double trigger, I guess?

Edit: poo poo, do I need double trigger to do the super high shotgun jumps?

I think I see where you're coming from. This is a weird gun.

At the higher difficulties, there are too many bugs in swarms for the shotgun to keep up with in a reliable fashion. Shotgun gets used for brood nexuses, oppressors, dreadnoughts, single bugs when low on assault rifle ammo.

Build is 12213 Jumbo Shells. Seems to work for me. Maybe you can make the argument that it's more like 122X3 and pick anything you like on T4.
https://surmiran.github.io/karl/?=N4IgyiBcpgjFBtADAGlmlqBMKCsKQAzAewGMBXAZxAF0BfOoA

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Gotcha. Thanks for that link, I've been looking for a build calculator.

Dreadnoughts and oppressors both resist fire, right? Doesn't it hurt you to take the t5 perk that changes damage to fire if you're specifically aiming to use this on them?

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 4, 2020

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

More Adventures in Haz 3:

I wanted to play around with Scout some more, so I joined a half-complete point extraction with a double XP bonus. The entire time I was in the game the engineer completely ignored all requests for platforms and just wandered around on his own. He spent the majority of the time building a very impressive platform bridge to nowhere. The poor digger ended up tunneling to and mining all the ceiling veins by himself. Very industrious dude. The gunner (host) was very keen on doing a machine event despite consistent waves of enemies that the three of us were fighting sans engineer. Digger voted no on account of waves, I agreed, gunner insisted that there were no bugs now, it was totally fine. Dude was account level 200+ but somehow unfamiliar with the concept of ongoing waves? Engineer (also 200+) said nothing because he was too busy ignoring everyone in favor of his platform bridge. I wasn't keen on three-manning an Omen event plus waves and potentially losing the map, especially when half the team didn't want/need it, so I just said gently caress it and pressed the minehead launch button. I got other poo poo to do, girl. Host whigged out and declared that if he didn't get his machine event and secondary objective (which was less than half finished; I never saw anyone but me shoot a fester flea) then the rest of us didn't get our xp bonus, and aborted the mission for everyone. In the space rig he continued freaking out and called me an asshat for joining late and rushing "his" game, then ended the multiplayer session too.

What's the etiquette in situations like this? Usually if two or more people want to move on, I've just gone for it, and I've never really run into any friction for it before. Is there some community expectation that we're all bound to the host's whim, or that late joiners don't get a vote?

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 5, 2020

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Just leave they're clearly dumb

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
The etiquette is you should join the goon discord and I figure out how to add you as steam friend or something because good Lord you are the unluckiest dude in the wood. I normally play with my BiL or just get a few missions in but I feel like reaching out because I've never ever had games that bad, especially not so many like you've described

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Unless you yourself are currently dying constantly in haz 3 I'd say give Haz 4 a shot. All it really requires is basic knowledge of your class and the ability to know when to run away from bugs. It's usually a mix of vets and newer players but in general it'll probably be easier as more people should have basic game knowledge.

I almost always pub haz 4 and after a while you can tell pretty quickly when a team doesn't "click" and you decide if its carry-able or a lost cause. If everyone keeps dying and you hear a Bet-C and the driller 150m away starts the machine event you know you're in for a Bad Time and you should just cut your losses. Machine Events on Extraction are a classic for this, though on Haz 4 people seem a little more understanding that unless you do it early or you finish objective early its a big extra risk on P.E. because of the extra trash that keeps spawning.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

threelemmings posted:

The etiquette is you should join the goon discord

This is the right answer. Pubbies in DRG are better than your average internet dweller, but there's still idiots out there.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

threelemmings posted:

The etiquette is you should join the goon discord and I figure out how to add you as steam friend or something because good Lord you are the unluckiest dude in the wood. I normally play with my BiL or just get a few missions in but I feel like reaching out because I've never ever had games that bad, especially not so many like you've described

:glomp: My luck is the worst, it is known. I'm usually doing one quick drop-in mission at a time between work projects, but I'm Unsinkabear everywhere and I'll start hollering in the discord when I have time. Co-op Goons, right?

Fishstick posted:

Unless you yourself are currently dying constantly in haz 3 I'd say give Haz 4 a shot. All it really requires is basic knowledge of your class and the ability to know when to run away from bugs. It's usually a mix of vets and newer players but in general it'll probably be easier as more people should have basic game knowledge.

I almost always pub haz 4 and after a while you can tell pretty quickly when a team doesn't "click" and you decide if its carry-able or a lost cause. If everyone keeps dying and you hear a Bet-C and the driller 150m away starts the machine event you know you're in for a Bad Time and you should just cut your losses. Machine Events on Extraction are a classic for this, though on Haz 4 people seem a little more understanding that unless you do it early or you finish objective early its a big extra risk on P.E. because of the extra trash that keeps spawning.

Legit, anytime there's a machine event on extraction I know we're going to have a time. There's inevitably one rear end in a top hat who insists it's doable and we should try it.

That's good advice, I appreciate it. I do Haz4 with friends and I've started trying it with pubs, but there isn't always one available when I'm doing the quick joins mentioned above. I guess I should troubleshoot my wonky internet so I can host my own. :ohdear:

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 6, 2020

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fishstick posted:

Yeah, its usually the case with these sort of games. With Vermintide, or L4D, etc playing on lower difficulties was always a bad time as you'd get literal children who had no idea what they're supposed to be doing (and a lot of the time, no interest in actually doing it). Playing on higher you typically get people who have put in a bit of time into playing the game and typically they actually want to do objectives, which owns.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

dogstile posted:

Yeah, its usually the case with these sort of games. With Vermintide, or L4D, etc playing on lower difficulties was always a bad time as you'd get literal children who had no idea what they're supposed to be doing (and a lot of the time, no interest in actually doing it). Playing on higher you typically get people who have put in a bit of time into playing the game and typically they actually want to do objectives, which owns.

Yeah this is super common in V2 too still. Lower difficulties are filled with "vets" who are super toxic to actual newbies, in the newbie difficulties, but the higher up you go the more chill people are and games become easier because you're just playing the game instead of trying to work around your teammates.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I try to host haz 4 games regularly but I almost always get a random person with less than 5 hours playtime who joins because I'll wait for gold rush or double xp to rotate in.

It's really apparent when they go down 10 times but it's not they make it impossible to finish, I just hate carrying idiots who shouldn't have made it out of the tutorial. However if they say nothing then I do nothing, it's the moment they go Epic Gamer they get the boot.

Haz 5 sets a low bar but it's better than nothing, the wave of interest during the 1.0 patch was akin to TF2 going F2P.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Delacroix posted:

However if they say nothing then I do nothing, it's the moment they go Epic Gamer they get the boot.
Forgive me: What does it mean to 'go Epic Gamer?'

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

XkyRauh posted:

I'm assuming it means just trying to do everything solo despite being in a group.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Welp. I tried another pub haz4 and it was a little sloppy, but they were a nice communicative group. poo poo went sideways at the end with no ammo and too many enemies swarming the supply pods to restock. We managed to just barely squeeze two people onto the drop pod via a chain of kiting to buy time, heroically rezzing one or two people, then cheering them on to do the same once we died in turn. I was playing driller, which isn't my usual, and I didn't think to use my satchel to clear those ammo pods. I feel a little bitter about that, as it would have been satisfying as hell, but we pulled it off anyway. I needed this mission completed for my scout's sniper rifle unlock, so that was very gratifying.

The closing bit where mission control says "retrieving escape pod" was followed immediately by a "lost contact to server" popup where the rewards screen should have been.

No way to rejoin or get credit.

Fantastic. :suicide:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
A few buddies and me went for a Haz4 difficulty last night and right out of the 1st room onto a very tight and narrow section of hallways we got:

1. a huge swarm of glyphid grunts and spitters
2. about 8 praetoreans
3. more than 1 glyphid oppressor
4. at least 1 bulk detonater, maybe 2

We ran out of ammo and died. This game's enemy populating algorithm could maybe use some work.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Haz 4 Pubbie Adventures Part 2:

I joined an engineer who had his game set to only accept unique classes (always a good sign), and we had a good rhythm going. He kept going down, but his turret placement was good and on two-player mode with plenty of nitra I could keep him alive. Had me feeling pretty okay at Scout. We did the objectives with just the two of us, and got joined by a digger during the extraction phase. He was fine, knew where to point the flamethrower. Extra enemies made things a little dicier, but it was fine. Last joiner was a gunner, and I inwardly rejoiced for that shield. This level 5 motherfucker never. shielded. once. Not proactively to hold the point. Not when he was rezzing. Not even as he was the last man up and I literally begged him on comms to "press 3 before E," as he got surrounded by slashers and grunts. Never. The digger Iron Willed and got us up but we wiped it anyway. Every time I saw the gunner in the chaos he was either dead or standing completely still, firing his minigun into grunts and never moving as all manner of poo poo swarmed over him. A weird, silent, left-clicking obelisk who may as well have been a turret.

I gave up and completed my assignment on haz 2 again, in a group that was so chatty and competent (behold, a shielding gunner) that I felt with those guys I could easily have done haz 4.

I both love and hate this game. Weekly core hunt is up next... wish me luck.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 7, 2020

coke
Jul 12, 2009

coke posted:

Ah the mystery of missing nitra, it's simply because

quote:

where haz 1-3 can be done with brand new players but in haz 4 there's just not enough damage against the haz 4 swarm rate and it's pain city even if it somehow works out
Without fully modded weapons, you just can't do enough damage against haz4/5+ enemies even if you used up every single vein of nitra in the cave. You can try and scour every last bit of it but it will be a lot more enjoyable if you have good OCs on your guns.

Also just go fully modded gunner with carpet bomber/splinter shell OC or engineer with fully modded breach cutter using light weight cases or return to sender if you want to mop up the enemies with loads of spare nitra.
did a haz 4 with newish people recently and the only reason we survived was the newbies was running two gunners

but even then when the drop pod came they were still out of ammo and a giant horde was upon us just as we were getting extracted

haz 4 is a trap level for overconfident dwarves :v: while good people just played haz 5 or haz 3

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

XkyRauh posted:

Slinging racist slurs speaking too close to their mic, also a tendency to be edgy redditors. See: pubbies who play ranked csgo or valorant.

cage-free egghead posted:

I'm assuming it means just trying to do everything solo despite being in a group.

Lone wolves are fine, until they die or repeatedly call for the mule while being nowhere near the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My own stupid pubbie moment today: Entering a cave with a Driller right behind me, getting plucked off the floor by a cave leech and seeing the Driller, who was right behind me and should have definitely saw me get grabbed, or at least heard me, immediately run off to mine some nearby gold while the leech slowly chewed me to death.