Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im doing the stupid yorkshire 3 peak thing with a friend next week so that'll suck. i like cycling not hiking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

maybe do things you like, instead

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

sometimes you do stuff you don't like because you want to hang out with friends. should not have to explain this!!!!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

also i do like hanging out on top of hills and looking at scenary and being outdoors buuuut hiking is annoying because it's so slow and hurts more than biking :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I would rather hike than cycle

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

sometimes you do stuff you don't like because you want to hang out with friends. should not have to explain this!!!!

what is this friends :confused:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'll wait for climate change to let them install a chair lift

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

normally we compromise on something we both like

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I would rather hike than cycle
hikyle

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hemale in pain posted:

also i do like hanging out on top of hills and looking at scenary and being outdoors buuuut hiking is annoying because it's so slow and hurts more than biking :(

get better boots

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

get better boots

My boots are okay mostly. I didn't get blisters last time i went hiking but that was like 1/3rd the distance so we'll see. i got blister pads in preparation.

to be fair this is basically bikepacking. i wanna do the lake district 200 in september and that's gonna require a ton of pushing bikes up steep hills

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

hemale in pain posted:

that's gonna require a ton of pushing bikes up steep hills

that's just hiking only far more annoying.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Whorelord posted:

that's just hiking only far more annoying.

you get to go down the hill really fast afterwards

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

hemale in pain posted:

you get to go down the hill really fast afterwards

someone's clearly never re-enacted cheese rolling only with no cheese

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Am being VERY alert as I buy my 50% off maccy ds for lunch

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

dont you have to stay and eat it in the 'restaurant'?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Aw yeah, page 1987. Why is that good? Because 1987 is the single best year in cinema history. FACT.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Show your work

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Natalie Fartman posted:

Christ, I forgot Brexit was still a thing.

I never thought I'd be wishing for a time where it was the main thing to worry about but here we are

Sorry I used the monkey paw to wish that Brexit wasn't the main thing in the news.
Don't worry I'll wish that Covid-19 isn't a big deal later.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I just got really excited for a second there

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fridge corn posted:

Show your work

Lethal Weapon, Evil Dead II, Police Academy 4: Citizen on Patrol, Beverly Hills Cop II, The Untouchables, Predator, The Running Man, Dragnet, Spaceballs, Innerspace, Full Metal Jacket, motherfucking ROBOCOP, The Living Daylights, The Lost Boys, Masters of the Universe, Hellraiser, a little film you may have heard of called THE PRINCESS BRIDE, Leonard Part 6, and of course the Stallone arm-wrestling/child custody epic Over The Top.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Solid line up, that. Dang.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

freelop posted:

Sorry I used the monkey paw to wish that Brexit wasn't the main thing in the news.
Don't worry I'll wish that Covid-19 isn't a big deal later.

By making it Brexit again?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

pim01 posted:

Speaking of actual proper Chinese places, Noodles & Dumplings here in Edinburgh is open again. Their hand pulled noodles and xinjiang lamb skewers are amazing.

Also they gave me a mug, for 'being a good customer' which is weird but sweet!

Does delivery stand up like in-house? 99% of delivery chinese in Edinburgh is atrocious.

also goonmeet when

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Marmaduke! posted:

Am being VERY alert as I buy my 50% off maccy ds for lunch

https://twitter.com/borisjohnson/status/1289292304402931712

WASH MAKE COVER
HANDS SPACE FACE

alertness is passé now. you're not supposed to be ALERT any more, you're supposed to COVER HANDS SPACE FACE

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Sunswipe posted:

Masters of the Universe.

Is that the one with Dolph Lundgren? Not sure it should be in this list, but it was enjoyable anyway in that it was very funny when it wasn't trying to be.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

Lethal Weapon, Evil Dead II, Police Academy 4: Citizen on Patrol, Beverly Hills Cop II, The Untouchables, Predator, The Running Man, Dragnet, Spaceballs, Innerspace, Full Metal Jacket, motherfucking ROBOCOP, The Living Daylights, The Lost Boys, Masters of the Universe, Hellraiser, a little film you may have heard of called THE PRINCESS BRIDE, Leonard Part 6, and of course the Stallone arm-wrestling/child custody epic Over The Top.

Like how 2005 was the best year for horror films.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

kecske posted:

dont you have to stay and eat it in the 'restaurant'?

My local hipster coffee shop is taking part in it and it has actually tempted me to go there super early one morning and sit in their garden.

I would imagine lots of places just blanket apply the discount and claim the cash because there is no way it can be audited.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

https://twitter.com/borisjohnson/status/1289292304402931712

WASH MAKE COVER
HANDS SPACE FACE

alertness is passé now. you're not supposed to be ALERT any more, you're supposed to COVER HANDS SPACE FACE

No more Protect the NHS?

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime
I just bought 2 boxes of eggs from Tesco and they all have white shells.

Did they come from those American chlorinated chickens I keep hearing about in the news?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
No

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

My housemate picked up a crate of eggs recently and I noted while cooking them that they did stink a bit chemically. Turfed them shits out because it was gross.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm working at 3 in the morning, so am trying to chill but I'm.so bored of everything on my ps4 I'm just zooming back and forth the home screen

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
white eggs are from a different breed of chicken and are perfectly healthy and normal but they fell victim to egg racism where I guess people thought their knowledge of the healthiness of wholegrain brown bread somehow applied to the reproductive system of chickens so shops went along with it and only sold the brown variety of eggs to the public directly, leaving the white eggs to be used in commercial applications

I think I read something recently about corona or brexit that meant we had a surplus of the white eggs and didn't want them going to waste so shops are going to reintroduce selling them to the public

Eat the eggs

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i like buying the really expensive burford brown eggs. the yolk is a different colour and sometimes there's poop on the eggs.

5/5 will eat the eggs.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime

hemale in pain posted:

i like buying the really expensive burford brown eggs. the yolk is a different colour and sometimes there's poop on the eggs.

5/5 will eat the eggs.

These were from a local organic distributor (Is that the right word? They were laid by local chickens) so they were organic and therefore still covered in poop and feathers, but the yolks were way smaller than usual so I feel ripped off.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

folks

loving FOLKS

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

THE PRINCESS BRIDE
people get really angry when you tell them you've never seen this. makes me want to watch it all the less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Whipstickagostop posted:

These were from a local organic distributor (Is that the right word? They were laid by local chickens) so they were organic and therefore still covered in poop and feathers, but the yolks were way smaller than usual so I feel ripped off.

White eggs are generally smaller but that's just because of the chicken breed and nothing to do with the quality