Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Does Canada have any sort of ballroom or pagent scene or is it mostly just bar shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Normy posted:

Does Canada have any sort of ballroom or pagent scene or is it mostly just bar shows?

Yes to both. Toronto and Montreal in particular have very active ballroom scenes.

Who the gently caress knows about the rest of the country though I only care about the cities that matter.

(Joking)

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I'm woefully out of the loop on the Vancouver scene aside from a few regular shows.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

esperterra posted:

I went into this season especting to dislike Lemon

Same, but the more confessionals they got the more I realised that I have a Lemon in my social circle. A lot of us probably do, and once you get to see a bit of more their true self, it's hard not to love them despite the negative reception to how they initially present. That's why I always roll my eyes at people who refuse to ever re-consider a first impression!

Can someone please help me understand the ~Priyanka you're not perfect, just look at your ears~ comment from Rita in the werkroom?

I noticed and empathised with the ear thing last week, and had assumed it was an eczema flare up coinciding with that point in the filming (a similar thing happens to my husband's hands when stressed a few times a year). It's almost entirely unnoticeable in the "talking-head" confessionals we all love her for. If my interpretation is even close to correct then as much as I have been LOVING Rita, that was especially cunty and I really didn't like it at all. There are SO MANY things you could hilariously read Pri to poo poo for, without having to attack something they have no control over and are obviously self-conscious about - watch how Priyanka's mood just totally deflates after the comment for that rest of the scene.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was not feeling that Snatch Game at all - it felt like most just were flatlining. Lemon was pretty decent but the rest: meh. I can't believe how Priyanka botched Miss Cleo - done well would have destroyed everyone. Look at how Alexis slayed everyone with her fortune teller.

Stoked for Tom Green next week though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZwLG7yJg1g

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

esp disappointed with miss cleo after Alexis' Walter Mercado and Phi Phi's Tracy Caputo. Like if you're gonna play a psychic you better play up that you knew the answers.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Where is the real drag race thread

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Snatch Game was probably one of my favourite overall, but it wasn't like crazy laugh out loud funny like some of the even worst Snatch Games can be. There was some flatlining but Priyanka and Kiara's performances were probably the worst, with Priyanka's being straight up awkward. But had four solid characters and I really enjoyed watching the queens all interact and play off eachother so much and so well.

Also I'm just glad someone finally did Joan and it wasn't a bomb.

now can someone loving do bette midler already

how the gently caress do we have like 20 seasons of this loving show and nobody has done or ever referenced the divine miss m

i like to think the bette midler runway in s10 was ru passive aggressively pointing out that fact

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm confused. I might have awful taste, but I thought Priyanka was really laxadaisical for that lipsync. I was pleased but also very surprised when she pulled it out. Kiara just had so much more energy.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's a song that can definitely be done both high energy or more sexy/intense. Priyanka was definitely the latter and remained consistent, where I think Kiara almost had TOO much energy at the end and was giving me Kenya Michaels vibes in the back half of the lip sync. The first half she was fire tho.

e: one thing I noticed was how intently Priyanka kept her attention on and pointed her performance toward the judges rather than playing for the camera, which i fuckin love even if it means we don't get as many shots of her giving good mouth

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I also love how the “smell my fingers” interaction caused the snatch game to further devolve into chaos. ilona getting up to deepthroat jimbo’s finger. lemon not letting anything stop her from being continuously in motion. hell, even brooke lynn got swept up in the atmosphere by mugging on the contestant’s podium. I’m still thinking about it a couple of days later

let me tier it off (EVERYBODY loves tier lists!)

S: Jimbo
A: Lemon, Rita, Bobo
B: Ilona
C: Kiara, BOA
D: Priyanka

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

MizuZero posted:

let me tier it off (EVERYBODY loves tier lists!)

S: Jimbo
A: Lemon, Rita, Bobo
B: Ilona
C: Kiara, BOA
D: Priyanka

Sounds about right, except swap Bobo and Priyanka because Bobo is the loving worst.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

MizuZero posted:

I screamed when she told bobo-as-liza “your mom and I invented snatch game. you miss your mother? then smell my fingers!”

We had to pause for a couple of minutes to hyperventilate after that line.

My faves right now are Jimbo, Lemon, Rita, and Priyanka (despite this week). If I had to pick a winner I'd be Jimbo all the way though.

e: Also is it just my screen or is DR Canada colored weird? Everyone who isn’t lily white looks orange on my screen.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 1, 2020

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm confused. I might have awful taste, but I thought Priyanka was really laxadaisical for that lipsync. I was pleased but also very surprised when she pulled it out. Kiara just had so much more energy.

Priyanka definitely gave me more Celine Dion with that restrained but intense look

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Trig Discipline posted:

We had to pause for a couple of minutes to hyperventilate after that line.

My faves right now are Jimbo, Lemon, Rita, and Priyanka (despite this week). If I had to pick a winner I'd be Jimbo all the way though.

e: Also is it just my screen or is DR Canada colored weird? Everyone who isn’t lily white looks orange on my screen.

It looks like Canadian TV, it's just how it is. If you have the ability to adjust the video in VLC or whatever try knocking down the saturation about 5%.

Anyways Jimbo should win.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

MizuZero posted:

I also love how the “smell my fingers” interaction caused the snatch game to further devolve into chaos. ilona getting up to deepthroat jimbo’s finger. lemon not letting anything stop her from being continuously in motion. hell, even brooke lynn got swept up in the atmosphere by mugging on the contestant’s podium. I’m still thinking about it a couple of days later

Yeah, it seemed like everyone was having fun and it was such a good vibe.

Well, everyone but Priyanka and Kiara lmao

e: TIL Ilona's drag mother is from my tiny rear end bumfuck nowhere town up north

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 1, 2020

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsjojosiwa/status/1289311131815694337

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

bless

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've noticed the cameras are like... extra sharp? You can see a lot of the makeup being a bit splotchy and the wig lines are ultra sharp. I dunno if it's my TV or my source?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

I've noticed the cameras are like... extra sharp? You can see a lot of the makeup being a bit splotchy and the wig lines are ultra sharp. I dunno if it's my TV or my source?

Yeah, that too.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I don't want to tier list them because I love them all.

...but I want either Jimbo or Rita to win.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

that tier list was strictly for snatch game performance. I really like jimbo/rita (and to a lesser extent, bobo, priyanka, and lemon) but I am on the rita VIA rail until we pull into montreal. I would live if a québécois won CDR S1

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I think they should do a challenge about the bar scene in Windsor.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Just posting this in case y'all didn't know either. Wow. That makes so much sense for her difficult time accepting how the judges perceive her.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Woah! Just saw this posted on a Facebook ad.

Gag! #DragRace seasons 1-10 and #AllStars seasons 1-3 are sashaying to CBS All Access!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pan Dulce posted:

Woah! Just saw this posted on a Facebook ad.

Gag! #DragRace seasons 1-10 and #AllStars seasons 1-3 are sashaying to CBS All Access!

Hmm! So, while I think most programming on CBS is garbage, they do have a new season of Star Trek Discovery (which is chef's kiss) coming out soon, and I am a HUGE Survivor fan (I bought a Survivor buff recently, but stopped following the Survivor thread here at TVIV due to rampant misogyny), so I might finally be willing to subscribe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well that’s gonna crater support.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Picking a girl who was Munchausen by Proxy for her entire life until she realized she was being poisoned and abused by her mother and murdered her is... a choice

Like where are you supposed to go with that

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Eej posted:

Picking a girl who was Munchausen by Proxy for her entire life until she realized she was being poisoned and abused by her mother and murdered her is... a choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWJsLXvjKg

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Eej posted:

To Netflix and make a series with Ben Platt

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Eej posted:

This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyJzukSjjm4

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Somebody needs to do an intervention on Jeffrey's workroom fashion. Rewatching and those pants are not ok.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Heidi's an LA queen now! :woop:

Can't wait to see her live, if that ever becomes possible again in this country.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Unsure if taking tips on Snatch Game from Trixie is the best idea

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I have no doubt in my mind her Anne Frank woulda been better than her RuPaul.

Granted anything would have been better than her RuPaul.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

tangentially related but I disliked how often production used Gigi’s “what’s up, bitch?” snatch game clip during s12

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I just watched last week's LSFYL again.

It still holds up. :supaburn:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Brilliant idea for UK Snatch game 2: Big Brother narrator. The queen doesn't get into drag, and just sits underneath the table over-pronouncing every vowel in every word the whole time.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Christopher and Gemma are playin' with a lemon in a sock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

curiousTerminal posted:

Brilliant idea for UK Snatch game 2: Big Brother narrator. The queen doesn't get into drag, and just sits underneath the table over-pronouncing every vowel in every word the whole time.

esperterra posted:

Christopher and Gemma are playin' with a lemon in a sock

I'M DEAD THIS IS BRILLIANT

e: Or Love Island.

e2: WE HAVE "BEST FRIEND'S RACE", who had ep 6 in the pool?

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 7, 2020