Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Yep. So when I shared water with Mehmet it made Ualraig dislike me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 28, 2003

Mehmet put his arm around your shoulders and gave Ualraig the finger right after the ritual.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

anime tupac posted:

lmao but I have to clarify that I mean this literally: I lmaoed, in real life

PBUH, your dead door, whatever hir gender

i, also, lmaoed in real life at the unhappy story of the door

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

*sprays spray-a-brain on the detached asses*

EDIT: hang on, does it actually work on severed body parts? Can you get your face cut off and then animate it?

Zereth fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 2, 2020

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's only map objects.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

the part of the Steam page that normally has endorsements from the latest hot gaming nerds or whatever should just be replaced by this screenshot.

e: I just started SA-beloved game Disco Elysium and my character managed to have a heart attack and die about 90 seconds into the game, and I legitimately believe that should happen more often. Don't coddle me, kill me with impunity, I can handle it

anime tupac fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 3, 2020

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

I somehow managed to get a #3 spot on the daily leaderboard - I have to just assume no one tries the dailies because I only made it as far as one tile out of the starting village before my evil twin hunted me down and exploded my brain but somehow that was still worth 12,000 points.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

someone mind giving me a summary of what's in Ezra? I recoiled there; the Warden spawned hostile to the Farmer's guild and immediately went on a rampage. i see the Phyta merchant, tinker and the Penitent, was there anyone else significant that got smeared across the landscape?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Xand_Man posted:

someone mind giving me a summary of what's in Ezra? I recoiled there; the Warden spawned hostile to the Farmer's guild and immediately went on a rampage. i see the Phyta merchant, tinker and the Penitent, was there anyone else significant that got smeared across the landscape?

The mayor and the graveyard are the two other main things on that screen, with the Earl one screen to the east also being rather important. That is besides the bananas.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

BaconCopter posted:

The mayor and the graveyard are the two other main things on that screen, with the Earl one screen to the east also being rather important. That is besides the bananas.

the mayor is wormfood then. Did they do anything important? :sigh:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Xand_Man posted:

the mayor is wormfood then. Did they do anything important? :sigh:

Not 100% sure, but seemingly just faction rep water ritual stuff. Also the mayor is a tree, so you could have missed it pretty easily too.

Elbo
Oct 9, 2012
Is there currently any way to add an entire stack when trading? It used to be space but now that only lets me look at an item.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Elbo posted:

Is there currently any way to add an entire stack when trading? It used to be space but now that only lets me look at an item.

Enter should do it, # will set that many of the item

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Finally going to get into this after hemming and hawing on it for a thousand years of time. I'm really sad that the new UI isn't done yet, since it looks really good and way more readable than the current interface.

Any settings I should apply or QoL mods I should slot in before I start getting on with it?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Parts of the new UI are in, but you have to enable them

(honestly the way every element of the UI is selectable right now must be making bug reports total hell :v:)

Go to Options, Overlay UI, Enable overlay user interface elements

Once that's done you can enable the new parts piecemeal, the two biggest are

Prerelease: Use prerelease stage screen and Show overlay status bar (sets up the new overall top/bottom hud view)
Show overlay message log (uses the new ui style message log - there's another setting you need to change to disable the baseline message log but I can't remember where it is, poke around)

The new inventory UI element is at least partially functional but I didn't use it much, trade wasn't working, and nearby objects worked very briefly then vanished :shrug:

There's also 'Show tooltips instead of console 'look' text when you right-click' which replaces the look popup with an overlay style one. This uh, worked for me until it didn't (it's stuck offscreen and I can't reposition it).

It's a bit of a faff, but once it's configured you'll have something that looks like this:

The UI is responsive to res changes, I'm normally running at 1440p and it fills the bottom ability bar with more info, I can generally see cooldowns on all my combat skills with room left over, as well as more info up top.

New inv screen as it stands now:

The stage screen and message log have been fine for me, and I'm using them happily, the other stuff is either more hit or miss or seemingly buggy, I expect they'll gradually fix and implement bits of it as they continue the march to release.

Mod wise there's a variety of things, but I was keeping them disabled for bug reporting purposes - I did really like QudUX though, it adds a few things I really wish were baseline (visitation status of locations in the log, find village quest givers for non-Joppa starts, and a few other minor bits and bobs): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1804499742

Sidebar: if anyone figures out how to disable this drat button, let me know

I play with kb so I'm constantly moving the cursor over to it and out of any panel I'm interacting with in the middle of the screen, drives me completely crazy

victrix fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 5, 2020

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Is the settings menu itself moddable? Thinking about attempting to add a "use new UI as much as possible" toggle.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Okay, I was just exploring Bethsaida Susa when everything I had equipped silently disappeared. Does anyone know what could have caused it? Looking over the logs I don't see anything at all, I was fighting one cragmensch boulderer with my weapons, I went down the stairs, and then the next guy I attack I'm using my fists. No mention at all of anything disappearing, no acid in the area, nothing.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Snake Maze posted:

Okay, I was just exploring Bethsaida Susa when everything I had equipped silently disappeared. Does anyone know what could have caused it? Looking over the logs I don't see anything at all, I was fighting one cragmensch boulderer with my weapons, I went down the stairs, and then the next guy I attack I'm using my fists. No mention at all of anything disappearing, no acid in the area, nothing.

Maybe a Pulsed Field Magnet? That's about all I could think of, but you should have received a message (I think).

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

King of False Promises posted:

Maybe a Pulsed Field Magnet? That's about all I could think of, but you should have received a message (I think).

Yeah, I ran into one of those in a previous run and it gave me a message when it activated (and didn't just steal everything I had equipped either).

I ended up alt-f4ing and reloading the last save, and it didn't happen again, so I guess it was a glitch?

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Snake Maze posted:

I had this same thing happen to me in my latest run on the beta branch. I don't remember where I was, but I'd reached the stage where most fights were just clearing out trash, and during one fight I noticed everything was dying really slowly and then I realized I was hitting with my fists. I was also Clairvoyancy 10-ing every zone on entering it and didn't see any pulsed field magnets or see the magnet visual effect. I later found all my equipped stuff on the stairs, so my assumption was that there's some kind of "unequip and drop everything" key I hit by accident.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I recently had a fun time with field magnets and rocket turrets. RIP all my metallic items.

I soon forgot about it as I opened a door to be greeted by a freeze ray turret and its two eigenturret buddies. All on a power grid. They say my corpse is still getting chain-frozen to this day...

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
In my experience it's always some piece of poo poo magnet. If it wasn't a magnet this ONE TIME, then it was a bug, which kind of says a lot, that an in-game feature is exactly as annoying and poorly-articulated as a bug would be. (NOTE: I still very much love this game, and please don't take this post as bitching about it in general; I just really really hate those awful magnets)

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Yeah, I'm only posting about it because it seems like the same thing as what happened to the other guy. I could be misremembering, but also: 1) every equipped item I had was unequipped and on the floor and I'm pretty sure I was wearing some non-metal stuff; 2) nothing was missing from my inventory; 3) normally when a magnet yoinks my stuff it lands up against the magnet or whatever wall is between me and the magnet, but it was all on the stair tile I was fighting on, which was surrounded by open area; and 4) I'm also pretty sure I cleared the zone without killing any magnets, so if there was one something else must have gotten it first and those things are pretty beefy.

Elbo
Oct 9, 2012
I just had a prickler spawn on top of a becoming nook and attacking it made the nook blow up :(

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
My latest Esper run ended at lvl 20 in Bethesda Susa. I was surrounded by jerks who drop acid puddles everywhere, and hubris got me killed. It’s always hubris.

I didn’t have a lot of fun mutations, except for Burgeoning. I killed Haggabah by filling the arena with deadly plants. Burgeoning is way more powerful than it seems at first.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
having an army of tumbling pods to chain detonate hyper owns

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Acid spreaders are loving incredibly deadly in this game. Not because they do a massive amount of up-front damage (though some can hit quite hard), but because they can significantly accelerate your rate of attrition, and letting attrition snowball beyond your ability to mitigate is usually what kills you in the late-game (assuming you don't instantly eat poo poo to neutron flux or a critical Rhinox charge or something).

And yeah Burgeoning is really good, because it lets you do that exact thing: with a couple of keystrokes, it reduces your own attrition and increase your opponent's. It generally won't kill threatening enemies directly, but it does pile a poo poo-ton of distractions, expendable targets, bleeding, spitting plant potshots, potential entanglement, potential rusting, and other annoyances on your target, and that poo poo adds up really quickly in an all-out bossfight. The sheer number of chaff minions alone makes it useful - just dropping Burgeoning between you and Jotun can often give you a lot more time to gently caress around before he charges you and cuts off your everything.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
I just reached the end of the current content. The final area is extremely cool and made for a really great finale followed by an incredibly anticlimactic finish - after being reborn in a new body I went to pick up my stuff, and after I hit take all I instantly died because a goatfolk thrower spawned offscreen, wandered in, and killed me. I guess the moral is to just stay in computer valhalla when you get the chance.

On the bright side I got to use some polygel to duel wield an heirloom shield and give my true kin teleport with a 6 turn cooldown, that was fun.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Found this on Reddit, but I thought it was cool and would be appreciated here.

hand of luke
Oct 17, 2005

Mmmhmm, yes. I suppose I will attend your ball. Someone must class up the affair, musn't he?

• Examining artifacts now requires being able to move your extremities.
  • Eating snacks now requires being able to move your extremities.
  • The "HP warning threshold" option now defaults to on at 40%.
  • Various powered items, such as VISAGEs and ninefold boots, now correctly drain the last dram of their slotted liquid-fueled energy cells rather than leaving behind one unusable dram. If you find more items that do this, please report them on the public bug tracker: https://bitbucket.org/bbucklew/cavesofqud-public-issue-tracker/issues.
  • NPCs attempting to use broken and rusted tonics no longer cause messages popups for the player. NPCs also attempt to use broken and rusted tonics less often.
  • Creatures are more willing to enter gas clouds, especially if they are immune to the gas.
  • Stunning Force can no longer be used on the world map.
  • Slumberlings are no longer Wakeful when they emerge from their natural hibernation.
  • Item naming opportunities triggered by leveling up now occur after the level up message.
  • Nullbeards are now permanently astrally tethered rather than immune to astral tethering or burdening.
  • Puffer fungi once again take damage from damaging gases at the rate inanimate objects do.
  • Frozen energy cells slotted into equipment no longer stay frozen forever.
  • Implanting a cybernetic implant now makes it permanently understood. If it was only understood due to a techscanning ability, losing that ability no longer converts it to an implanted "weird artifact".
  • Strip flies now respect phase and flight.
  • Psionic weapons can no longer be disassembled.
  • Items are now automatically weightless when equipped in a Floating Nearby slot.
  • Autogetting from adjacent squares is now controlled by an option: "Autopickup from adjacent squares". It defaults to off and only covers non-autoexplore movement.
  • You're now interrupted in the middle of autogetting multiple items when a hostile creature nears you (rather than being slammed by multiple enemy actions afterward).
  • Whether you immediately pick up items butchered from corpses is now determined by your autoget settings, not by whether you were autoexploring.
  • Pathfinding now avoids mines laid and bombs set by non-hostile creatures, to varying degrees by munition type.
  • Added a new option, "Prerelease Stage Scale", in the Overlay UI section.
  • Fixed a bug that broke mod tinkering when certain items had high-powered magnets applied to them.
  • Fixed a bug caused the Wakeful effect to not work sometimes.
  • Fixed a bug that disabled measures to prevent inappropriate objects from spawning on top of each other.
  • Fixed a bug that made Flexiweaved sometimes give positive DV.
  • Fixed some bugs that caused equipping certain items to fail to trigger their state changes, such as quest completion and DV updates for defensive stance.
  • Fixed a bug that caused save modifiers provided by cybernetic implants to not work.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the liquid-cooled item mod to be unapplyable in some cases where it should have been applyable.
  • Fixed a bug that destroyed cybernetics when another implant was implanted directly in its slot.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the value of cybernetics credit wedges to not show up in the short version of their display names.
  • Fixed a color pattern typo in Ereshkigal's interface.
  • Fixed a typo in a journal accomplishment.
  • Fixed a stray color markup tag in save modifier rules text.
  • Fixed some grammar bugs in the descriptions of hostile clones.
  • [modding] Specifications for DefaultBehavior attributes in Bodies.xml part elements are now correctly respected.
  • [modding] Fixed a bug that made less information available in some movement-related events than should have been.

201.8 - beta
  • Mechanical cherubim are now classified as robots.
  • Villages and chef ovens should no longer let you cook game-breaking meals.
  • The schematics choices for acquiring Tinker I, Tinker II, and Tinker III are now of the appropriate complexity for that tinker tier.
  • Village immigrants' pronouns are now more consistent.
  • Added a new option, "Prerelease Stage Scale", in the Overlay UI section.
  • Fixed a typo in waveform worm's description.
  • Fixed a bug with villager dialog color.
  • [modding] We added a new in-progress overlay UI for the Mod Manager.
  • [modding] Added a new "manifest.json" file to populate the extra fields shown in the Mod Manager. This file now subsumes config.json (you should convert any config.json files into manifest.json files). See https://cavesofqud.gamepedia.com/Modding:Manifest.json.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Stage screen scaling works beautifully :discourse:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hand of luke posted:

201.8 - beta
[list][*]Mechanical cherubim are now classified as robots.

RIP my travel to 30 screens underground > confusion > beguile > have an endgame pet strategy

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cybernetics installation is busted

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
It seems like the game is ignoring my automoves/second limit with the new stable release. I'm just zooming around no matter what I set.

Elbo
Oct 9, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

It seems like the game is ignoring my automoves/second limit with the new stable release. I'm just zooming around no matter what I set.

Same.

On another note, kindlethumbed baboons and seedspitters at red rock are pretty nuts.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

What kind of madness is playing at less than infinite autorun speed?!

e: Redrock is an early game trap if you go too soon :(

victrix fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 9, 2020

Elbo
Oct 9, 2012
It actually is a helpful bug because I do prefer the higher speed I just hadn't bothered to change the setting

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I haven't played in a while but wanted to check out some of the new UI stuff however it seems like some controls no longer work? For example, I can't right-click on items on the map to get descriptions, and while trading hitting tab doesn't show descriptions. Is something wrong with my game, have the controls changed, or is it just not implemented yet?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Harminoff posted:

I haven't played in a while but wanted to check out some of the new UI stuff however it seems like some controls no longer work? For example, I can't right-click on items on the map to get descriptions, and while trading hitting tab doesn't show descriptions. Is something wrong with my game, have the controls changed, or is it just not implemented yet?

Couple things are buggy atm like look and some things have changed (space to interact in trade menu now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Hotfixed the look issue.