Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Not seeing a good thread for this anywhere else, I'd like to start a thread about houses that make you :chanpop:.

This isn't necessarily for 'bad' houses like groverhaus, but feel free to include that kind of thing.

Let's start with this one in Chicago:

https://www.redfin.com/IL/Chicago/3762-N-Harding-Ave-60618/home/13456553

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
My house looks and feels like a crack den, OP. Thanks for this thread.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
hmm, there is nothing wrong with that house. I would say instead that there is a lot of awesome with that house.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The biggest problem with my house is the horny ghost who keeps leaving me waking up covered in ectoplasm.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
That toothpaste covered gourd really ties the room together.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I am a science teacher. Among other things, I collect sciency stuff that can be weird and/or dangerous. Since I live in Southern California, the danger of earthquakes is very real. If my house is destroyed by an earthquake or fire, the wreckage will be considered a toxic waste site, due to the materials I have collected.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The infinite bathroom is loving amazing I want to get stoned in it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Bee storms :(

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

My house belongs to a bank. I just get to live here until they decide to take it.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

This one made the rounds on twitter, it's since been delisted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/22-Woodlane-Dr-Newnan-GA-30263/61222107_zpid/

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It doesn’t have central air.

Or central vac to stick my dick into.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The mega-ugly man who inhabits it

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
This is posted above the door to my den

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This was a house I was looking at while ago and it seemed a bit off. Can you spot it from this listing?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Riverside/10968-Pettegrew-Rd-92507/home/5056615

:eyepop:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Blockade posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/22-Woodlane-Dr-Newnan-GA-30263/61222107_zpid/

Here's the rest:
http://www.ahttours.com/v2/34186/details

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That's not built into a stone face, right? It looks like a facade but why the gently caress would you do that

Ngl aside from the obvious ran-out-of-money unfinished walls and ceilings I kinda dig the late-80s midtown community center aspect of this building

Heath fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 3, 2020

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Blockade posted:

living in a DOOM wad ftw

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That rock owns imo
Too bad about the rest of the house

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Rad-daddio posted:

living in a DOOM wad ftw

If I was rich my whole mansion would be FIREBLU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I was looking at a listing recently that featured a hospital bed in the master bedroom. It left me with the impression that the previous owner had recently died in there and the estate couldn't be bothered to clean up.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

FCKGW posted:

This was a house I was looking at while ago and it seemed a bit off. Can you spot it from this listing?

I used to drive past that house every day on my way to work. When they put in the local spur of the commuter rail line, they closed one end of the road I used to take, to prevent idiots from stopping on the tracks (Something that happened a lot when it was just an occasional freight line.) Interesting choice, architecturally, but understandable, considering the number of big loving rocks on those hills.

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 3, 2020

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
I live in a Lowes cardboard box, OP.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dammit, there was a 'terrible real estate photos' site with something similar to this where a huge tree was growing through a house but they'd done a MUCH shittier and cheaper job of building around it but I can't find the photos

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Thunder Moose posted:

I live in a Lowes cardboard box, OP.

Oh look at Uncle Pennybags over here with a branded cardboard box, must be nice to live high on the hog Mr Rockefeller

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Oh look at Uncle Pennybags over here with a branded cardboard box, must be nice to live high on the hog Mr Rockefeller

Mmmyes :smug: quite so, my good man.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

"We we evicted from our hole in the ground. Had to go live in a lake!"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Genesplicer posted:

I am a science teacher. Among other things, I collect sciency stuff that can be weird and/or dangerous. Since I live in Southern California, the danger of earthquakes is very real. If my house is destroyed by an earthquake or fire, the wreckage will be considered a toxic waste site, due to the materials I have collected.

earthquakes in my area are both rare and mild, but this is my pottery workshop. I keep the really poisonous stuff in the kiln shed, and while I hope none of it ever catches on fire, I also don't want to be downwind if it does

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I bought myself a nice grave site and now I live in the grave. It's against the cemetery rules but gently caress em

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Icochet posted:

I bought myself a nice grave site and now I live in the grave. It's against the cemetery rules but gently caress em

live by the grave, die by the grave

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
Right now, there's a pair of water pipes that go from one end of the house to the other. They're maybe 35 feet long. The main comes into the basement, like a normal house, and the water lines go to the upstairs kitchen. The problem is that one of the pipes is not properly supported so it moves when the dishwasher runs and the two pipes bang together. I do not want to cut the ceiling open in the finished basement to get the pipes properly supported, but I'm gonna have to do it anyway before something really breaks...

To be honest, I should probably run PEX anyway since I don't know how old the copper is, but you know, effort.

The previous owners fuckin' loved three-way switches, but apparently got tired of the three-way switch in the bedroom so the switch by the door is upside down. I think the traveler and neutral are just swapped, but I need to look closer.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
One of the gutters on the house I rent had fallen apart so that it simply dumped water onto the porch for years until I had to repeatedly text the landlords to come out and take care of it instead of just letting it pour water into the foundation

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

I’m gonna be posting a lot in this thread I like complaining and there’s a lot of poo poo I don’t like about my house.

It’s not gonna be interesting poo poo though it’s going to be a lot of “I don’t have a proper foyer” type stuff.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 3, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That place looks awesome what was the asking price

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The previous owner ran power out to the shed in the back yard along with putting an outlet at the base of a nearby tree. That’s cool and all but the switch to turn on said power is way up on an overhead floor joist in the basement and we’re also pretty sure he did this unpermitted do we have no loving idea where the lines are buried in the backyard.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
my roommates a colony of spiders

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

FCKGW posted:

Okay just finishing up cleaning the walls, now I just need to clean the giant fuckin rock in my house

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

FCKGW posted:

welcome to the house of ROCK

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

OMFG FURRY posted:

welcome to the house of ROCK

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Load-bearing drywall. Not enough of it, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No time.