Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

ELI PORTER posted:

Load-bearing drywall. Not enough of it, I mean.

https://youtu.be/643hdcNbOE4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
I have no openable windows. But hey, 440 euros a month after rent subsidy for a appartement including utilities and internet is ridiculously cheap in Holland, so eh.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I have too many openable windows I'm afraid of rapists crawling through them I wish they were all unopenable.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Blockade posted:

This one made the rounds on twitter, it's since been delisted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/22-Woodlane-Dr-Newnan-GA-30263/61222107_zpid/

Bit dated style but seems cool

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Yeah I cannot get enough of doom wad community center pool house.

It sold for 325k in 2018 btw.

*Looks at my house, then this house, realizing I could have bought this instead of my 1200 sqft rambler*

drat I hosed up

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Don’t feel bad. Even if they would have finished the house, the A/C and heating bills alone would have bankrupted them

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i dont have a house because I am a millennial living in a major city

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Yeah I cannot get enough of doom wad community center pool house.

It sold for 325k in 2018 btw.

*Looks at my house, then this house, realizing I could have bought this instead of my 1200 sqft rambler*

drat I hosed up

Would you be willing to live in Georgia though

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Ain't that the loving truth.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I want to be able to swim naked without being arrested though

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Charles posted:

I want to be able to swim naked without being arrested though

You just have to swim faster

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Icochet posted:

I bought myself a nice grave site and now I live in the grave. It's against the cemetery rules but gently caress em

"What are they gonna do, kill me and bury me in my grave about it?"
--Tombstone of man killed for living in his own grave

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

FCKGW posted:

This was a house I was looking at while ago and it seemed a bit off. Can you spot it from this listing?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Riverside/10968-Pettegrew-Rd-92507/home/5056615

:eyepop:

If that’s two story I’m tearing the second floor out and turning it into a climbing wall.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
These pictures make me feel better about getting my house ready to sell thanks op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

Lol maybe stop eating avocado toast and you afford a house 😂 🤣😂

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I do hate the trend of real estate photos setting HDR to MAX that started a few years ago.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Things wrong with my house:

No windows on the front of the house on the first floor, so you can't see what's happening right outside without opening the front door. There's a second story window on the front, but since the porch has a roof over it, you can't see who is standing on the porch.

Non-Euclidean geometry in the layout of the living room. The place was built in 1998, so there's big, weird gap that's meant to accommodate one of those GIANT entertainment centers from the 80s and 90s. There is nothing to do with the space to not make it weird. It's too much for today's wall-mounted flat screen, but too shallow to put a couch or chair there.

There's a window about six feet up from the stairway that a human being cannot open without a ladder. There's two latches to unlock it, and then it slides right-to-left to open it. The top latch is probably about 8 or 9 feet up from the step and you'd need to put pressure on the top and bottom of the window to slide it open. When I moved in, it was unlatched and thus not closed tight. I got a ladder and latched it shut and haven't touched it since.

Back deck not up to code. Instead of being built on cement footers or anything to prevent the wood from directly touching the ground, it's really just a wooden box on the ground. As a result, the wooden planks laid on their side that hold the whole thing up are splitting from being soaked every time it rains.

Wood trim touching the ground. Same problem as the deck. Wood touches the ground, it gets soaked, it starts unraveling. I've got some PVC board to fix this, but... :effort:

Every light switch in the house effects the opposite light you'd think it would. Say you have a light fixture on your left and another light fixture on your right. You'd assume the left switch would turn on the left light, and the right switch would turn on the right light. Nope! Every single one does the opposite of what would be intuitive, almost like the person who built it was intentionally being an rear end in a top hat. I can fix this, but once again, :effort:

In addition to this, I still have the original, 1998 Furnace and AC, the original 1998 rotten fence, and, up until this past May, I had the original 1998 roof, which I finally replaced due to leaking.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nooner posted:

I’m a millennial and I live in a major city (Des Moines) and I have a house.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Stairs only go down.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

major city (Des Moines)

Not so fast there

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013
A pipe in the basement sprung a leak some time last week. We had about two inches of standing water down there.

I get to fall asleep tonight to the gentle roar of an industrial dehumidifier.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Windows only show regrets

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

city in iowa with 200k population? minor city at best

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I have the dumbest house I'm getting anxious just thinking about the poo poo I gotta do

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Reno is the biggest little city and Des Moines is the littlest major city everyone knows that

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I've rewired the kitchen, garage, bathrooms, and basement, but I still have aluminum wiring in the bedrooms and living room so that needs to be corrected. The garage concrete slab split from front to back right down the middle but didn't affect the overall foundation of the house so that's a backburner issue.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No way out of guest bedroom.

kilky
Jun 1, 2000

:dukedog:
Bald faced loving hornets! Think they own the drat place!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Genesplicer posted:

I am a science teacher. Among other things, I collect sciency stuff that can be weird and/or dangerous. Since I live in Southern California, the danger of earthquakes is very real. If my house is destroyed by an earthquake or fire, the wreckage will be considered a toxic waste site, due to the materials I have collected.

You should give me your Revigator, I am right on the new Madrid fault line, we gotta spread it around. I can trade you some feisty orange fiestaware.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How do you get in ?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Rad-daddio posted:

living in a DOOM wad ftw
please don't make fun of Eldon Tyrell's lake house

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Jagister rereg spotted

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
They built a helicopter pad 100 meters away from it

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Funky See Funky Do posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOB-j9Ihfl8

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I made these a year ago to see if I could fix some of the things that are Wrong With My House if I ever did a major remodel which I will probably never do.

I feel like whoever architected my house was a C- student.

1. Kitchen is too small. My last house was 650 square feet smaller than this one but had literally twice the cabinet and counter space.
2. Pantry too small. It's just a small closet. We use the linen closet near the bathroom as a pantry also to make up for it.
3. Stupid rear end breakfast nook (the area to the left of the kitchen) that's 6' away from the dining area and 4' away from the island bar seating.
4. That hallway to the half bath wastes a poo poo ton of space. I assume this is some sort of stupid privacy convention like "Oh people don't really see you going into the shitter they just see you going into a hallway who knows whats in there oh I can definitely hear you making GBS threads though because the toilet is still only separated from the living room by a 4" thick interior wall."

So the fixes I envision are:
1. Expand the kitchen counters and cabinets into the breakfast nook gently caress breakfast nooks theyre stupid.
2. Probably double the width of the island so there's cabinets on both sides instead of just one. We can lose 2 or 3' of living room, it won't make a difference it's pretty big.
3. Move the bathroom door to the other side of the bathroom which would give me a huge walk in pantry that would be amazing.
4. Probably take the old pantry closet and use the space to make the laundry room bigger because the laundry room is kind of small and lovely.

Other issues visible in these pics:
1. I don't like that the front door just opens straight into the living room but it's not a real big deal and there's not much to be done about it in any case.
2. There's a ton of dead space behind the couch on the right. I've got bookshelves there currently but there's still wasted space. Like it's enough room you could put a couple chairs there and pretend its a reading nook or a parlor or some poo poo but that would be moronic because its not a parlor its just a weird corner of the living room and also you can't just push the right couch back into it because then it'd be like 25 fuckin feet away from the other couch which would also be moronic. I don't really understand what the architect envisioned for how this room was supposed to be laid out and utilized.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

guess again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
6'10" ceilings on the second floor. Yes, seriously. I am 6'2". I punch the ceiling a lot by accident trying to put shirts on.