Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
i dont think they understand what Unsecured Credit is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eat My Fuc posted:

finally someone to stand up for the little guys

Oh you :)

FullMetalJackoff posted:

I hit my tolerance limit for Kevin Dunn camera work a decade ago. Now I add it to ruin the classics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZXMiAJspuI

Oh you! :swoon:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I always ask this question but have to ask it again? Why would Vince even bother caring about the ratings. He can probably spend 3 hours making GBS threads into a box still pull ratings higher than AEW's and he'll likely be either dead or senile (sure his mother is apparently immortal but his mother probably hasn't gone as hard on life as Vince has). Come 2024 can't he just say 'Hey USA, where's our dumptruck of money? You'll take our .9 and you'll like it!" as investors continue to launch money out of a canon at his stock?

I know I keep bringing this up but FUCKDAMMIT I need to see this evil, malignant stain on the universe suffer consequences for it's malevolence and incompetence.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I always ask this question but have to ask it again? Why would Vince even bother caring about the ratings. He can probably spend 3 hours making GBS threads into a box still pull ratings higher than AEW's and he'll likely be either dead or senile (sure his mother is apparently immortal but his mother probably hasn't gone as hard on life as Vince has). Come 2024 can't he just say 'Hey USA, where's our dumptruck of money? You'll take our .9 and you'll like it!" as investors continue to launch money out of a canon at his stock?

I know I keep bringing this up but FUCKDAMMIT I need to see this evil, malignant stain on the universe suffer consequences for it's malevolence and incompetence.

They've now had a Raw that did an hour worse than Dynamite's debut, and it's not out of the question they'll have a whole Raw that does that bad before NFL comes back (if NFL comes back this year [it's a loving plague, NFL should absolutely not come back this year])

They can say all they want publicly or leaked about how they don't care about the ratings going low, but you don't pull panic moves like this at random or this frequently if everything is going according to your plan and you're calm about it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
hell part of the reason they made such huge profit was because they stopped running house shows, and they only stopped those because of the pandemic

they had been running them at a loss because Vince refused to just let them die

Vince believes in the old ways, and the old ways include The Ratings

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Why does any content man continue to toil? What dark spirit haunts the souls of men who could want for nothing yet still feel that they must take? He feels hunger on a full stomach and can only consume and destroy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1290410556864770061

if this is true i'd like to ask for my royal rumble toxx (if i watch wwe i am banned) to be rescinded because this company does not resemble the one from january in any way. and i would like to see this

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

hell part of the reason they made such huge profit was because they stopped running house shows, and they only stopped those because of the pandemic

I don't expect them to ever stop running house shows, especially if AEW starts doing them.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

yea ok posted:

if this is true i'd like to ask for my royal rumble toxx (if i watch wwe i am banned) to be rescinded because this company does not resemble the one from january in any way. and i would like to see this

Holy Moly, I thought they were "bring Undertaker back" desperate, not "compete with UFC" desperate.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Lid posted:

Yeah and like without even looking it up, I know that Nitro's rating streak was 83 weeks, because WWE has belabored the point in every historical video piece they can. WWE as a company is an underdog hero because of the ratings giant they have slain... they believe ratings matter and they've driven it into the viewers' minds for a while now!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yea ok posted:

idk if the policy has changed as of this week but I recall mods telling me very recently no bans are being approved (except for permas or extreme cases) because we don't want re-reg money going to a domestic abuser

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
BAH GAWD THATS ANTONIO INOKI'S MUSIC

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I thought it was gross and lovely when AEW used eye candy women on Dynamite and I will find it equally gross if WWE does that again, I hope this is a bullshit rumor.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I know that this is a very foolish thing to say, but I'm going to say it anyway. They can't possibly be THAT stupid, right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

Sadly a toxx is a toxx, so you'd need to eat a ban and reregister if you wanted to watch WWE again (don't give money to the site while Lowtax still owns it please).

That said, if this idea DOES go through, it's just as likely that WWE dies anyway making the whole point moot.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Yeah, you've got my permission. That's probably enough or whatever

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shane hosting shootfights...

:yeshaha:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

idk if the policy has changed as of this week but I recall mods telling me very recently no bans are being approved (except for permas or extreme cases) because we don't want re-reg money going to a domestic abuser

While this is true, all bets are off once the sale goes through and that would include any toxxes broken before then.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

darn lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

Sadly a toxx is a toxx, so you'd need to eat a ban and reregister if you wanted to watch WWE again (don't give money to the site while Lowtax still owns it please).

That said, if this idea DOES go through, it's just as likely that WWE dies anyway making the whole point moot.

free yea ok.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

While this is true, all bets are off once the sale goes through and that would include any toxxes broken before then.

As your lawyer I smell a loophole and you're safe. Watch that WWE.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Jerusalem posted:

dont be that guy

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Chris James 2 posted:

Sounds like a great way to get 100k hour probation.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bringing brawl for all back is such a bad idea they might actually do it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

watch wwe but pretend like you didn't watch it at all, and say "i heard a rumor that" at the beginning of every post. then whatever you said comes true and a chimpanzee with the mind of a human will serve you tea and your mommy is an android

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1290415987477680128

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yo, a new Brawl For All would slap. Ironically obviously, but ironic enjoyment is more than WWE usually manages.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The original ended multiple careers and WWE is gonna do it again because gently caress these independent contractors we're not footing the bill if they get broken

Then again this sounds like news that was spread intentionally to plug leaks

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Who the gently caress besides Riddle can even fight in real life? Punk is going to come back to still lose in the first round to a guy who has never fought or trained to fight before maybe.

WWE is mostly gamers who spend a lot of time in the gym, no one wants to watch nerds fight for real this is so bad I really just don't believe it's happening, if i'm wrong then so be it but I can't fathom this being a real thing and twitter is wrong about poo poo all the time.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i cannot wait for the WWE shoot fight tournament

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

House shows have only run at a loss for a few quarters and they drastically cut back on them once they did.

And it is almost stupider that they started to abandon the concept instead of trying to book things people wanted to see.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shane McMahon throws the most dangerous punches in the biz

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Look, if this is some bullshit they're leaking out to get people to watch RAW then bravo Vince, cause it fuckin' worked, I'll be there at 8 PM with bells on.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hah. When is Miro going to NJPW or AEW? I miss him... and I don’t want him to be retired

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

You could just not care about a bunch of dumb, arbitrary rules so much

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

Who the gently caress besides Riddle can even fight in real life? Punk is going to come back to still lose in the first round to a guy who has never fought or trained to fight before maybe.

WWE is mostly gamers who spend a lot of time in the gym, no one wants to watch nerds fight for real this is so bad I really just don't believe it's happening, if i'm wrong then so be it but I can't fathom this being a real thing and twitter is wrong about poo poo all the time.

Undertaker very excited for his chance to break out a shoot gogoplata.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Can't wait for Seth to lose in the first round to Fandango.

MJeff posted:

Look, if this is some bullshit they're leaking out to get people to watch RAW then bravo Vince, cause it fuckin' worked, I'll be there at 8 PM with bells on.

The honorable thing to do is watch/do anything else for 3 hours, then catch the 4 minutes that matter immediately afterwards on Youtube.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Eat My Fuc posted:

the thing about Riddle is that in the UFC he loving sucked which kind of gets overlooked

watch Riddle dangerously beat the air a few inches in front of this mans face

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Shane McMahon throws the most dangerous punches in the biz

Shane gonna legit retire Bryan again in the first round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Isn't Corbin some kind of real life boxing champion or something, he's going to win lol.