Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

trash rear end Demar being remembered at all will be a feat. short rudy gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

true, i wouldn't mind if lowry is the only one retired as is

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i do love the idea of a franchise with like six total months of good history lifetime tut tutting vince about just not earning it and being a winner enough to be in their ring of honor lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

Back when I used to play Ingress I remember hearing stories of how there was a portal deep in the Disney world water park and on the last day of the season there would be various nerds doing their best passive aggressive attempt to be kicked out of that area last so they'd get control over it for like 6 uninterrupted months

I only barely played Ingress but there was something cool about being able to like capture a point that was like a bush behind a fence. I like Pokemon Go but I don't have the energy to get my Pokemon up tot he point of actually taking any gyms.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

I only barely played Ingress but there was something cool about being able to like capture a point that was like a bush behind a fence. I like Pokemon Go but I don't have the energy to get my Pokemon up tot he point of actually taking any gyms.

Ingress had a dedicated group of players who coordinated pretty well and you'd do cool things like build a field over the Pacific loving Ocean or go on a raid with some local players/co-workers and do coordinated take downs across multiple locations to make way for some super highway field. It really hid the fact that the game was extremely shallow and boring on its own.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

i do love the idea of a franchise with like six total months of good history lifetime tut tutting vince about just not earning it and being a winner enough to be in their ring of honor lmao

dude he played here 5.5 seasons, should we retire Mo Pete and Mighty Mouse's jerseys too? foh

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

the bol bol highlight real on highly questionable is phenomenal content

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Another classic Gatorade finish from PG-13.

R.D. Mangles posted:

when are the bulls on

October 2022.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

nobody w/ the courage to put "ACAB" on their jersey

Lockback posted:

There was a set list to pick from that the players Union and league came up with.

A player could've made their own custom jersey. Now maybe they get handcuffed and led off the court but it'd make the news and garner legendary status.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 3, 2020

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

BWV posted:

wondering what are the best healthy foods to eat to avoid Covid.

His post was worded so badly he made it seem like vitamin deficiency and the obesity epidemic were conspiracy theories and then claims no doctor has said these things are issues in relation to COVID-19. Poisoning the well so badly. Many of the prominent doctors did lie about the efficacy of masks for months.

The stupid mask stunt makes it worse as prevention is better than cure.

Rick posted:

I'm glad I never rejected Durant so I never have to apologize.

"Love means never having to say you're sorry."

R.D. Mangles posted:

what if the nba................was like (i'm serious we're going to do it) game of thrones????????????

I'm not a GoT expert so IDK which character on the show is Jim Boylen. Probably someone who got stabbed with a longsword or shot with an wooden arrow or hit over the head with a large sledgehammer or eaten by an ogre. That narrows it down to one of a few ten thousand AFAIK.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That was a whole different level of creepy given the age difference was multiple decades and not 4 years.

Seinfeld learned from Woody Allen and Stacey Nelkin and his semi-biographical dalliance films of the 1970s. I think Woody learned from Hugh Hefner.

Interesting possibilities with these cameras.

Ghost Dog posted:

Not one Raptor should have their number retired. Also, only MJJ on the Bulls should have his number retired. Franchises are way too lax. Bob Love and Jerry Sloan etc.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

COTY honors courtesy of The Greek Freak and The Skate Instructor.

Brolander posted:

Some day we will see a male character in an american movie cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNgDzHWe1u8

big boi posted:

All Coaches Are Boylen

All Carlos Are Boozers
All Charles Are Barkleys
All Chase Are Budingers
All Chris Are Boshs
All Cameron Are Bairstows

The issue is that many of the messages are neutered or cryptic. Some more messages that get to the point:

-DEMON SPERM

-ALIEN DNA

-US OUT OF IRAQ NOW

-MICROBIOLOGY

-BIOCHEMISTRY

-TRUMP LIED, 160,000+ DIED

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 3, 2020

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ghost Dog posted:

I can't imagine why Raptors fans wouldn't want to retire his jersey after Carter's graceful and non-controversial exit from Toronto.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
in terms of players who have had the greatest impact on the toronto raptors, they should just put lebron in the raptors ring of honor.

Katana_Warrior posted:

dude he played here 5.5 seasons, should we retire Mo Pete and Mighty Mouse's jerseys too? foh

yeah probably, your team's history is really bad dude.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

idk how listing lovely players is an argument against putting great ones in. the cavs cannot retire lebrons jersey while eric snow languishes.

altho to be fair the lakers do this good lovely balance, like how they have shaq up there but also kareem

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

idk how listing lovely players is an argument against putting great ones in. the cavs cannot retire lebrons jersey while eric snow languishes.

altho to be fair the lakers do this good lovely balance, like how they have shaq up there but also kareem

espn really did some work on people's brains during the VC retirement tour. Great player, sure, but what seperates him from Demar other than a 3 ball, cute face, and complete lack of loyalty? If there's a way we can just retire his dunk contest performance, that'd be for the best

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Plus Eric Moreland already won a ring with us while wearing #15, so unfortuantely is just cannot be done

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he owns the greatest ingame dunk of all time and he is infinitely more famous and memorable than demar could ever hope to be

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

he owns the greatest ingame dunk of all time and he is infinitely more famous and memorable than demar could ever hope to be

that dunk was a team usa dunk and kyle kuzma is more famous and memorable than demar

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ok but replace demar with any other raptor and the statement is still true lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Popdog eat your sandwich

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
do not talk about The Dunk Of Death lightly

that man retired from that dude its the greateat dunk ever

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

most famous raptor is Master P.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
minus the alternate reality of LeBron slamming it down on Draymond in the 2016 Finals the greatest Finals of all time

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Can we retire commercials too?

Retire Bargnani Primo pasta and lazy Turkgolu pizza

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

verbal enema posted:

minus the alternate reality of LeBron slamming it down on Draymond in the 2016 Finals the greatest Finals of all time

the finals so nice i watched it twice during quarantine.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

manu dunked the heat into breaking up and chris bosh's blood into clotting

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Can we retire commercials too?

Retire Bargnani Primo pasta and lazy Turkgolu pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40YkCQcMCpQ

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Katana_Warrior posted:

the finals so nice i watched it twice during quarantine.

lmao same

i watch the eight minute long LAST FINAL MINUTE OF THE 2016 FINALS video every week and it still is surreal

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

espn really did some work on people's brains during the VC retirement tour. Great player, sure, but what seperates him from Demar other than a 3 ball, cute face, and complete lack of loyalty? If there's a way we can just retire his dunk contest performance, that'd be for the best

other than being better at basketball and much more fun to watch I guess nothing, dang, you're right

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kevin love hugging lebron and saying You Did It instead of we did it makes me laugh often

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Zogo posted:

COTY honors courtesy of The Greek Freak and The Skate Instructor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNgDzHWe1u8

All Carlos Are Boozers
All Charles Are Barkleys
All Chase Are Budingers
All Chris Are Boshs
All Cameron Are Bairstows

The issue is that many of the messages are neutered or cryptic. Some more messages that get to the point:

-DEMON SPERM

-ALIEN DNA

-US OUT OF IRAQ NOW

-MICROBIOLOGY

-BIOCHEMISTRY

-TRUMP LIED, 160,000+ DIED

-NUKE THE WHALES

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Toronto should just retire one jersey that has Bosh, Vince and McGrady on the back

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
As long as they don’t retire a “Drake” jersey

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I mean its Tolliver but they jump at the same time and Zion is still going up by the time Tolliver is back on the floor

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

The Maestro posted:

As long as they don’t retire a “Drake” jersey

I was gonna say, Vince and/or DeMar (espec if he returns for a final contract at some point) make sense purely as Drake-blockers.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Katana_Warrior posted:

Lowry, then DeMar. Love Bosh, but he didn't really do enough here. Vince probably would have had a chance if we never won a championship, but it won't happen now. Kawhi just wasn't here long enough.

isn’t bosh your all time leading scorer

e: looked it up, he’s #2

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Lockback posted:

I mean its Tolliver but they jump at the same time and Zion is still going up by the time Tolliver is back on the floor

I'll try to .gif from another angle that shows that Zion almost gave Tolliver a concussion with his foot

bornbytheriver fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 4, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

raps should retire an enormous oliver miller jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

isn’t bosh your all time leading scorer

Demar, Bosh is 2
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/leaders_career.html