Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

the arts really fuckin good :blastu:

https://mangadex.org/title/34732/she-likes-homos-not-me

the other manga i referenced i nthat post i think i asked about in the seinen thread once years later and someone told me what it was but that was like years ago too

Ty :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
okay the part of Notes of a Crocodile I can recall to make people think 'wow that's wacky' in a forum post is this guy the protagonist met years ago at an art camp sends her a letter one day wanting to meet up with her and he says in each subsequent letter he'll cut off one of his fingers and mail it to her. she ignores it and the next letter has a human finger in it. she agrees to meet him after this and he has all of his fingers intact, then i think they get drunk in a park and talk about wanting to abolish the concept of gender.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The blurb on Last Words says something like 'and then the genderless character R appears' who was also the POV character for most of it (POV is a weird concept i guess cuz it's entirely told in letters between people) as far as I could tell at the time, and I didn't pick up at all on them being genderless at the time so I wonder if my reading comprehension will be any better now that i'm not a teenager

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

okay the part of Notes of a Crocodile I can recall to make people think 'wow that's wacky' in a forum post is this guy the protagonist met years ago at an art camp sends her a letter one day wanting to meet up with her and he says in each subsequent letter he'll cut off one of his fingers and mail it to her. she ignores it and the next letter has a human finger in it. she agrees to meet him after this and he has all of his fingers intact, then i think they get drunk in a park and talk about wanting to abolish the concept of gender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErPjmXCEqLo

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
How gay is Princess C-something

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Princess Colle

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
*grimly* Princess Connect

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the airhead princess and the stray cat being gay is the emotional crux of the show but its also an ensemble gacha cast so its not always about them.

theres other scattered moments like the two rich girls where one is a venture capitalist who is constantly trying to compete with the other one who... runs an orphanage and is everyone's mom. the latter one coaxes the rich one into helping people and in the anime she goes "ive always loved how flexible you can be" as they eye each other up in swimsuits

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
.... That has to be a joke, right?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
just finished watching maria-sama ga miteru. i've never read the manga or lns so i can't speak for 'em but the anime honestly rules, it starts off kinda dry but it really finds its feet around the end of s1 and in the later seasons it even does stuff to make some of the weirder characters like kashiwagi a lot funnier and less, weird. s2 and s3 honestly have some of the most incredible bits of comedy i've seen in an anime, and while s4 doesn't really match up for the most part it still ends on a pretty solid arc for yumi and toko's relationship, and has some really good scenes.

i also feel like it's a lot more blatant about the cast than i've sometimes seen people imply, especially as it goes on. besides like, all the regular affectionate stuff between the characters, s1 has a bit where sei has an intimate kiss with someone, s2 has an old lady who wrote a book about her tragic teenage lesbian romance in an arc that ends with her going to see her old girlfriend, s4 even just kinda casually reverses the weirder bits around kashiwagi, with his betrothal to sachiko getting called off and him explaining that he only loves her as family. there's even a bit in s4 where yumi's mom has a moment where she's like "wait a sec... my daughter doesn't have any interest in men, but she blushes when i mention girls. ah. ok that makes sense"

the only things about it i'd say are kinda weird are like, alice in s3 is kinda a confusingly handled character, but i think it's mostly because... i don't think they knew what they were trying to do with her at all, cause she's basically a trans girl but. she only gets like a couple real scenes and nothing about her gets expounded upon after her first big one, and she does get referred to as a guy, but at the same time everyone treats her really kindly, and she's never like, insulted by anyone or anything. all in all she's treated like, pretty alright, so i don't think it's awful, but it's definitely something i could see putting people off a bit. and there's like, one bit with rei in s4 that can come off kinda weird, though i think the point is that it's just something kinda weird that everyone jokes about once and not like. a serious development.

all in all i think it's still a really good show, i had a really fun time watching through it for the first time and it honestly avoids a lot of the stuff that i expected to bother me from what people say about it. hell there's like one het relationship in the entire show and it's... one of the funniest episodes of the entire show and happens to a character who isn't really coupled up with anyone beforehand and who doesn't appear much afterwards, so it's the rare instance of one i that i liked, lol. i'd still rec it in 2020 if you can handle something that can feel slightly janky and dated, in a really goofy oddball way

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 3, 2020

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Did you watch the previews? Hope you didn't miss the rap one

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Kyaru Carl Carol The Tsundere Catgirl x Pecorine is canon, OP.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tir McDohl posted:

Did you watch the previews? Hope you didn't miss the rap one

https://files.catbox.moe/adm86j.mp4

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I legit have no idea what i was saying that to. It might have been the subtle horniness in the post above but idk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm subtle horniness

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Space Flower posted:

the airhead princess and the stray cat being gay is the emotional crux of the show

for a second I thought you were talking about she-ra

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I legit have no idea what i was saying that to. It might have been the subtle horniness in the post above but idk

this post is even weirder than your last

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 3, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What on earth do you mean by that?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

This post

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Yes, what on earth do you mean by "... That [subtle horniness] has to be a joke, right?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Witch's Servant is updating again, by the way!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

I Am Fowl posted:

Witch's Servant is updating again, by the way!

Thanks for pointing that out :3:

The prequel manga has been getting updates as well. Still a very different sort of story, but it's also quite good.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Oh, this bit: "ive always loved how flexible you can be" as they eye each other up in swimsuits"

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Subtle.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
:shrug: I thought so.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad we finally cleared up this confusion, over an extremely simple bit of flirting between a rich girl and a mom in a fantasy anime. it was just too subtly horny to let it go unchallenged

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, this bit: "ive always loved how flexible you can be" as they eye each other up in swimsuits"
someone asked how gay a show was and someone described a moment of sexual innuendo and flirting between two adult women, in response

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Yes? What else is flirting but subtle horniness?

Also if you'll remember I very specifically said I didn't remember what I was reacting to at first and only speculated that was the cause given my asexual nature and general adversion to most forms of relationship things.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Yes? What else is flirting but subtle horniness?

Also if you'll remember I very specifically said I didn't remember what I was reacting to at first and only speculated that was the cause given my asexual nature and general adversion to most forms of relationship things.

lol

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

between this and the yuri comments im really confused why you post in here, since you seem to hate everything we talk about?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
what yuri comments??? I post in here because im a bisexual trans women who enjoys bl and yuri manga and anime????

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://mangadex.org/title/35217/ikoku-nikki
i do post this in the shoujo thread a lot but there is a lesbian side character whose stuff is being done pretty well so i'll post this here too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Watermelon Daiquiri, why did you post that manga about the Queen-loving boy and his journey? Why would you do that to me. You're so goddamn mean.

I just got to the end of chapter 3. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. :cry:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Watermelon Daiquiri, why did you post that manga about the Queen-loving boy and his journey? Why would you do that to me. You're so goddamn mean.

hahaha >:) It gets weird, and not good weird, i have to admit esp around chapter.. 11? i think? But it ends on a very good note. It also has the mc say 'actually you should use gay instead of homo, but w/e' to his (girl)friend which kinda gives a justification for the constant. homo. use.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Wark Say posted:

why'd you have to scare me like that, i was behind a few chapters and thought there's a sudden tragedy at the end when i looked at the spoiler. yes i know that i shouldn't look at spoilered text about stuff im still reading :v: , i was dumb

I'm glad that I read this manga, thanks for sharing it WD. I hope the sequel web novel is good too.

hahaha >:) It gets weird, and not good weird, i have to admit esp around chapter.. 11? i think? But it ends on a very good note. It also has the mc say 'actually you should use gay instead of homo, but w/e' to his (girl)friend which kinda gives a justification for the constant. homo. use.

maybe it's because the overall story is fairly serious and sad, even if does have light moments, but that page was really funny

RottenK fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 6, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I read the rest earlier this morning. I want to give both Andou and Miura a big loving hug.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Natsuki-kun is beautiful as always continues to be wholesome fun :3: (irregardless of my opinion on the tendency in manga to have characters that are just crossdressing guys rather than trans women)

https://mangadex.org/title/32512/natsuki-kun-is-beautiful-as-always

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

https://mangadex.org/chapter/986389

love me for who I am got a little bit too relatable this chapter

cw: self harm

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 8, 2020

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

everythingWasBees posted:

love me for who I am got a little bit too relatable this chapter

Hey, could you please add a content warning to this post? Like, I get that the sudden swerve mood is supposed to be shocking and upsetting, but there are people out there who have trouble dealing with that content and don't like it suddenly being thrown in their face like that without warning.

Edit: V Thank you!

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Hey, could you please add a content warning to this post? Like, I get that the sudden swerve mood is supposed to be shocking and upsetting, but there are people out there who have trouble dealing with that content and don't like it suddenly being thrown in their face like that without warning.

yeah ofc, sorry about that!!