Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

ICMB posted:

Was there a reward on the PS4 to give part of the recipe for the new trinket to increase pelt quality?

I booted up yesterday for the first time in ages and checked out Gus and noticed I already had the turquoise earrings, so all I needed was a set of buck antlers (and a pile of cash) to get it within like 15 minutes

If you already had any of the collector items needed for crafting in your inventory you don’t need to hunt them down. There’s also a collectors package you receive as part of the outlaw pass progression that has jewelry, arrowheads, coins, etc... in it, if you purchased the outlaw pass and leveled high enough you may have gotten it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Multiple collector bundles in the Outlaw Pass, actually. One level gives two of 'em.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

There are so many animals now that I often get kill notifications riding at night, and from the sounds I'm pretty sure they're not birds.

Not pictured: Lady making it rain legendary animal carcasses right in front of me.

fennesz posted:

A perfect grizzly pelt if memory serves.

Ah, I was sure it just said "bear".

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 3, 2020

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

SplitSoul posted:

There are so many animals now that I often get kill notifications riding at night, and from the sounds I'm pretty sure they're not birds.

Not pictured: Lady making it rain legendary animal carcasses right in front of me.

Ah, I was sure it just said "bear".

Pretty sure it does only say "bear", but apparently they mean grizzly.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Freudian slippers posted:

Pretty sure it does only say "bear", but apparently they mean grizzly.

I mean, who really cares about black bears anyway? Glorified trash pandas is all they are.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Can yiu get two of the same revolvers in SP

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Can yiu get two of the same revolvers in SP

You can get sets of every non-unique handgun - the boutique double-action and all the gunfighters' custom ones, one each.

Online, I think the only one you can't double is Lowrey's Serial-Killer Navy, that you have to grind via GTAO quest.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sampled creatures cannot be skinned, but they can be donated to Cripps still. :rockstar:

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Sadly, you can't donate legendary animals and the sampled ones probably won't be worth a drat, seeing as they're all shot to pieces.

E: Zesty: Your PVP build guide saved me from being headshotted yesterday. Never without one rules! They then activated their mod menues and, well...

I just can't bear to switch out PiB for SaS. PiB is so useful and I love to run everywhere...

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 4, 2020

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Paint it Black is an interesting ability. It's extremely helpful when you're learning the game and also in super high end, sweaty, open world PvP - but not quite as good in most other cases. Whereas Slow and Steady is harder to get the hang of initially, especially now that both you and your horse slow to a crawl when it's active, but is still amazing to have in almost any situation.

I almost always run Slow and Steady unless I'm trading explosive rounds with another posse, and certain edge cases where someone is abusing Slippery Bastard. Especially because it's so strong against most strategies low ranked players employ.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

If you have the SaS card activated, can you run outside of Deadeye, or is all running disabled period?

E: And how does it handle dynamite/explosive arrows, etc?

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Aug 4, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sadly, you can't donate legendary animals and the sampled ones probably won't be worth a drat, seeing as they're all shot to pieces.

E: Zesty: Your PVP build guide saved me from being headshotted yesterday. Never without one rules! They then activated their mod menues and, well...

I just can't bear to switch out PiB for SaS. PiB is so useful and I love to run everywhere...

Are you playing Free Aim or Assisted? If you're on Free Aim, PiB is the only choice, unfortunately.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Zesty posted:

Are you playing Free Aim or Assisted? If you're on Free Aim, PiB is the only choice, unfortunately.

I play free aim. In your opinion, should I still use your suggestions only with PiB instead of SaS, or does this throw things out of whack?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I say you get a controller and play assisted aim. Seriously. It opens up the game SO MUCH MORE.

Free aim is ALL Paint it Black or a Sniper build. Nothing else is viable.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

If you have the SaS card activated, can you run outside of Deadeye, or is all running disabled period?

E: And how does it handle dynamite/explosive arrows, etc?

You can run whenever your dead eye is not active. You used to be able to ride horses unimpeded but they changed it a while ago so your horse comes to a complete standstill as well. You can usually mitigate it by accelerating your horse before engaging S&S, but it severely limits your mobility either way.

I haven't been hit with an explosive arrow with S&S active in a long time, but I've definitely tanked explosive rifle rounds before. That was many months ago before S&S was reworked, so it could be different now. Though if you're running Iron Lung and full on stamina I'd bet you'd be on the verge of death but still kicking. I've found it to be particularly helpful in openworld PvP simply because they either use another explosive rifle round on you or you drop to the ground and they're not able to hit you again before you get up and slam a tonic to recover.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Zesty posted:

I say you get a controller and play assisted aim. Seriously. It opens up the game SO MUCH MORE.

Free aim is ALL Paint it Black or a Sniper build. Nothing else is viable.

Probably good advice but I'm mouse and keyboard ride or die.

fennesz posted:

You can run whenever your dead eye is not active. You used to be able to ride horses unimpeded but they changed it a while ago so your horse comes to a complete standstill as well. You can usually mitigate it by accelerating your horse before engaging S&S, but it severely limits your mobility either way.

I haven't been hit with an explosive arrow with S&S active in a long time, but I've definitely tanked explosive rifle rounds before. That was many months ago before S&S was reworked, so it could be different now. Though if you're running Iron Lung and full on stamina I'd bet you'd be on the verge of death but still kicking. I've found it to be particularly helpful in openworld PvP simply because they either use another explosive rifle round on you or you drop to the ground and they're not able to hit you again before you get up and slam a tonic to recover.

Thanks!

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
One of yesterday's dailies wa "tackle non-player enemies", so I figured I'd wait for a hideout/moonshine mission, or just go start poo poo at Thieve's Landing, whatever. But first, I was sucking down collectibles... and hit the oil farm in Heartlands. Where there were a bunch of guards wandering around, but not showing as aggro'd enemies.

Well, until I played tackle-knockout-loot a few times. :black101:

And just as I finish and am ready to roll, blue dot approaches from the west. And some screaming woman goes running by. Who I can't target.

Sooo, just run around getting in her way until the bounty hunter player can catch up and take her down, howl a couple times, and watch them ride off while I hang around murdering the reinforcements.

Later, I discovered the guest list in moonshine shack. :doh: Invite most of the server, but finish out the drunken band set and fill out the role dailies before I can interact. Served up a bunch of booze to one play, who decided to ride along as I made a shine run, and they got into a big fight when I rolled the roadblock. Sorry, whoever you were, shoulda stayed with the wagon!

Fell into like four black bears, all tranked and harvested, and chasing eggs up at Aurora Basin I found a grizzly. Poison arrows seem to be instant, now, at least on griz and gators. (Dunno about Legendaries.)

So now I have an enormous sweltering pimp coat.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
That picture is incredibly accurate.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Nash posted:

That picture is incredibly accurate.

My sons love telling me that they “have a plaaaaan, Arthurrrr.”

I’ve raised them well.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Funny I think the only successful heist that the gang pulls off does not involve Dutch in any way.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Arglebargle III posted:

Funny I think the only successful heist that the gang pulls off does not involve Dutch in any way.

I think you’re talking about the dlc one but the last heist works out really well except for the whole gang breaking up and pinkertons at the end

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Was the Valentine bank heist DLC?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Was the Valentine bank heist DLC?

If I recall correctly the Rhodes bank heist was a pre-order bonus. I could be wrong, I didn't pre-order and thus have never done it.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

fennesz posted:

If I recall correctly the Rhodes bank heist was a pre-order bonus. I could be wrong, I didn't pre-order and thus have never done it.
You're correct. It's nothing special.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
If the Rhodes bank was DLC then my co-robbers were loving incompetent. "Time to leave!" <everyone stands around while I play team target>.

Non-story bank jobs, major hijackings and coach/train robberies, why is all this missing from singleplay and Online? It's like these fuckers never actually *watched* Westerns.

Black Bart the P08 is disappointed.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
It's absolutely wild that they haven't done a bandit career in online yet. Right now there's straight up no reason to interact with NPCs or the law. Honestly its crazy to me that they dipped back into hunting with extra steps first.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

JustaDamnFool posted:

It's absolutely wild that they haven't done a bandit career in online yet. Right now there's straight up no reason to interact with NPCs or the law. Honestly its crazy to me that they dipped back into hunting with extra steps first.

I think it was probably a team wide effort of fixing animal spawns and rounding out interactions with animals before they moved forward. I just want to rob banks and kill a fuckload of pursuers doing it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Count Freebasie posted:

My sons love telling me that they “have a plaaaaan, Arthurrrr.”

I'm in a part on Ch 3 where every time I go near my tent, Dutch is there, lollygagging in his own tent, and calls me twice, the 2nd one darker and lower than the first.

"Arthur--Arthur."

It's been months and I haven't taken the bait, yet.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Red dead wouldn’t connect to the online club thing earlier and now it does but there is not one single animal in the game

Also, noticed the Arabian horsey (and all horsies) are on sale, the Arabian is 29 golds instead of 42

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 5, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, invisible camps (multiple times), HORF wouldn't fast-travel and wouldn't come when called, but I harvested the Night Beaver :quagmire: and now I own a sweet sweaty red buffalo hoodie.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

All my daily and role challenges were comparatively easy yesterday (at least on paper), so I tried to do them all. Took longer than I imagined, mostly due to bounty challenges not registering. Finally, I had one challenge left, deliver a batch of moonshine with at least whole 18 bottles.

Infinite loadingscreen.

Well played, Rockstar, well played.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Goddamn those moonshine story missions are awful. Going to stick with the regular ones.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Two of the dailies are 3 wetland samples taken, and 3 donated predator skins turned in.

Lemoyne has ZERO wildlife today because of it. Because the game has always lowered spawn rates on daily targets and something hosed up super badly so it's absolutely zero.

:rockstar:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My dailies were two desert samples and two river/forest samples. Do different people see different dailies?

VVVV EDIT: One of the scenarios I hate the most in games is hordes of bullet-sponge enemies that swarm from all sides. The first moonshiner story mission was nothing but that. I can't get headshots because I'm bad at videogames so I find it to be frustrating, as well as incredibly lazy game design.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 5, 2020

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Dick Trauma posted:

Goddamn those moonshine story missions are awful. Going to stick with the regular ones.

Really? I thought the boat one was fun and the finale was story mode quality spectacle. I've replayed that finale a half dozen times.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

My dailies were two desert samples and two river/forest samples. Do different people see different dailies?

VVVV EDIT: One of the scenarios I hate the most in games is hordes of bullet-sponge enemies that swarm from all sides. The first moonshiner story mission was nothing but that. I can't get headshots because I'm bad at videogames so I find it to be frustrating, as well as incredibly lazy game design.

I think we to some extent can have different dailies, yes. I recommend getting the ability card Paint it black and practice headshotting unsuspecting travelers first. That'll make you more comfortable using it against waves of NPCs.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Zesty posted:

Two of the dailies are 3 wetland samples taken, and 3 donated predator skins turned in.

Lemoyne has ZERO wildlife today because of it. Because the game has always lowered spawn rates on daily targets and something hosed up super badly so it's absolutely zero.

:rockstar:

I can't find any animals anywhere. I never had the no animals spawn bug, but now I see why it was so annoying. It is just empty.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

It’s astounding how R* can manage to trip over their dick so many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If they could just fix the cheater problem, I could deal with the rest. As it is, most freeroam events are unplayable. Especially if they're PVP, but the cheaters like disrupting the cooperative ones as well.

and then there's loving up free roam in general. Random explosions, animal spawns, time of day changes. Little things that break the session and cause some NPCs (like Harriet) to not spawn.

It's too much.