Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

PaybackJack posted:

I watched a video of Vinny years ago and he was with an Asian girl, I didn't catch her name and so this whole time I thought his wife was Asian.

...Are you talking about the Battel of the Empire weigh-ins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnkvwJME_0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
is that Bryan's ex?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No that's not Her

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

GoutPatrol posted:

...Are you talking about the Battel of the Empire weigh-ins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnkvwJME_0

Hmm, doesn't seem familiar. However, I couldn't tell you how long ago it was that I saw that video so for all I know that was it.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Bryan had a good Vince voice joke on WOL today.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Bryan said gently caress on WOL, while getting excited about Earthquake.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Genericide posted:

Bryan said gently caress on WOL, while getting excited about Earthquake.

Hell we'd all do the same.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmao https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentCourageousBaboonPJSugar

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

His face ahahahahaha

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hahaha whoops

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God video makes that 100x better hahaha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm so sad that Bryan cut off Gallows just as he was getting into the good part of his story about Raven.

"So Raven is sick and says it wouldn't be responsible to be there. So I said okay that makes sense... but then I think, hey if I sneak into his place I ca-" "Okay we have to take an ad break now!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I haven't listened to WOR yet but I pray to God that Dave watched Talk 'N Shop A-Mania and Bryan didn't, and Dave insists on recounting the entire thing to him :pray:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't listened to WOR yet but I pray to God that Dave watched Talk 'N Shop A-Mania and Bryan didn't, and Dave insists on recounting the entire thing to him :pray:

Was the other way round Bryan had seen it. Sorry for ruining your sunday. (not sorry)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just started this WOR and Dave stating he started talking Wrestling in the Zoom call for Garrett's wedding is peak Dave

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Just started this WOR and Dave stating he started talking Wrestling in the Zoom call for Garrett's wedding is peak Dave
Garrett invited Dave and Larry Dallas. He knew what he was getting.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
RIC FLAIR AT THE HEADLOCK RANCH on the new Between The Sheets!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1290161781944377344
...which also includes a free preview for our new Patreon special, part 1 of a series about ECW on TNN, which has gotten rave reviews so far. caused a record surge of new patrons, and even includes some original reporting that completely re-contextualizes the last 2 years of ECW:
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1289274084535103488

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I can totally relate to Big E talking about tedious first dates and Big Bang Theory being awful.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Really excited for Bryan to demand to open WOR talking about Raw and Dave to just go into the news.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dave leads with 23 minute report on the rock's xfl purchase, somehow a tangent about the rock playing canadian football gets thrown in there

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer is back to talk a horrific RAW Monday night, the stupid fight club, the dumb angles, the stupid social media stuff they promised and barely delivered

lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Even better:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Raw bit has gone on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDY9flq6B8A

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is WWE too big to fail? That's what I always think when I see these reports. Record low ratings but all time high profits. What killed WCW was all the wasted money and no real profits coming in.

But WWE will just continue to suck into perpetuity?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They'll exist until the TV money dries up, which is at least 10 years away.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan's spluttering laughter at Dave saying,"We'll see..." when Bryan asked him to name a worst Raw than tonight was incredible.

"WE'LL SEE!?!!"

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

NikkolasKing posted:

Is WWE too big to fail? That's what I always think when I see these reports. Record low ratings but all time high profits. What killed WCW was all the wasted money and no real profits coming in.

Things seem to be changing. Q2 2020 was their highest financial quarter in history and in the past that would have led to a notable increase in the share price. There was a bump when the numbers came out but its gone; was at around $44-45 the week before the results were announced, jumped up to $48 start of trading on Friday, fell to $46 over the course of the day and yesterday it was back at $44. That suggests that despite the record numbers they are doing investors aren't jumping in at this moment; they are sceptical. The investor call focused significantly on the ratings and their poor TV performance and a lot of the coverage of it was about possible concerns over future rights fees renewals - lots of questions about how they are going to turn around their ratings performance and things like that. Part of it also could be that the numbers for Q2 were heavily caused by them saving significant amounts in money between not doing arena tapings and running at the PC (which is cheaper, since they can basically stay permanently set up) and through taping every show they do (which is also cheaper since uplink costs are a lot cheaper, as is things like travel costs for talent) rather than them actually raising revenue.

I don't think you can talk about them closing; that's unrealistic. But I think its fair enough to talk about the impact of lower TV rights money in the future: that would force them to have to make changes regarding the number of wrestlers they have signed and actually think about whether unprofitable monopolistic ventures (like NXT UK; or a future NXT Japan or even big boy NXT in its current form depending on what USA are paying for that) are worth the losses that they accrue. Long way away from that yet; and it depends where exactly the ratings settle in the future.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

all it takes is one re-evaluation of the market and deciding that live programming isn't as valuable as its perceived to be before their next tv rights contracts. if they were on the tv model they were on prior to 2006 when they linked back up with NBC Universal, they'd be in deep poo poo right now.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I will never tire of Dave excitedly recapping BTE while Bryan just waits for him to shut up so he can move on

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dave has lost his god drat mind by trying yto vonstantly say Drew talking was good. I love Drew, ive been calling for him to be pushed to the top for years, he jas everything... but that loving talking and talking and loving talking.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

a wonderful WOL so far

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

I will never tire of Dave excitedly recapping BTE while Bryan just waits for him to shut up so he can move on

Kinda like when I had to sit through the Granny segments

I like Solomonster Sounds Off

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnWe0WoW10

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

this is a dumb thing that made me chuckle:

https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1290816744852840450

(don't worry, it is SFW)

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 5, 2020

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao someone did their homework

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hunnert car pileup posted:

this is a dumb thing that made me chuckle:

https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1290816744852840450

(don't worry, it is SFW)

Shoulders Torelli with the pro clicks.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I hope I'm not alone in thinking Bryan, Vinny and Craig watching Battlefield Earth is one of the best things they ever did.

I'm just relistening to old Retro shows and god I loved this so much. I think this and The Big Lebowski are the only movies they've recapped/reviewed?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
there was that asylum level sand shark movie that I think had Hogan’s daughter in it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

I hope I'm not alone in thinking Bryan, Vinny and Craig watching Battlefield Earth is one of the best things they ever did.

I'm just relistening to old Retro shows and god I loved this so much. I think this and The Big Lebowski are the only movies they've recapped/reviewed?

sand sharks, two headed shark attack, big money hustlas, big money rustlas, karate kid, monster brawl or w/e its called, one of the miz marine movies, maybe a few others im missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtB-_BK9lbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umeQ_puoou8