Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bob Morales posted:

Why are you getting rid of the T45 and blown 4.6? Assuming it all still works great. And where you located? :q:

South Florida!

Motor actually spun a bearing but that’s an insanely easy fix and motors a beastly Steeda built. I considered going back to the 5 speed and the supercharger 2v but honestly I’d prefer to take advantage of the crazy suspension setup. Coyote is a wonderful motor thatll easily produce 500 horsepower super reliably. 6 speed because I’ll highway drive it a lot.

Tranny and blower are all gone. Motor still listed for sale - as expected. Hurricane scare delayed the Coyote getting here but frankly no rush, I’m still trying to find a well priced T56

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Welp. Someone crashed into my Mustang while it was parked on the street. They did enough damage to the rear wheels and suspension that insurance just totaled it. Rest in peace. Thinking of pre-ordering a Mach-e and buying a beater to wait it out.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’ve had a Mach e GT reservation since 30 seconds after the system went live but I have serious doubts about whether I’ll actually be able to purchase one because I qualify for Fords X-plan (due to stock ownership) and I’m guessing it’s going to be real difficult to get a dealership to agree to x plan one until they’ve been out for two years.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Welp. Someone crashed into my Mustang while it was parked on the street. They did enough damage to the rear wheels and suspension that insurance just totaled it. Rest in peace. Thinking of pre-ordering a Mach-e and buying a beater to wait it out.

Jesus. How fast were they going?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Bob Morales posted:

Jesus. How fast were they going?

Fast enough to shatter the rear-left rim when they hit it. This was on a narrow downtown Pittsburgh street where they shouldn't have been going over 25. poo poo sucks

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Well I found a 2019 ecoboost premium with *all* the bells and whistles for a pretty drat good price so I'm back in the club, boys :toot:

It's an automatic though :confuoot:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Well I found a 2019 ecoboost premium with *all* the bells and whistles for a pretty drat good price so I'm back in the club, boys :toot:

:thumbsup:

That's the way to do it. Let some idiot run into you and then buy a better mustang.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PIZZA.BAT posted:

e85 it

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Yes E30 tune from Adam tuned will make that rip especially with the 10speed auto.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:unsmigghh:

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Took my H pipe off to replace the paper gasket that came with it, with a metal gasket...

Stripped the upper passenger side manifold stud putting it back on :mad:

I had just gotten my subframes, gears installed and flowmasters replaced with super turbos

I cussed at the car then let it sit for two days, then paid $40 to have muffler man hit it with a torch and put a new stud in

All set now. Not loving with another thing on this car for the rest of the year. Sat at too many shops over the last month with me not driving it.

Crappy video showing the sound difference

https://youtu.be/GXepU1r-0AE

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/lzpCyqv.mp4

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
I wonder if there is an official record for highest trap speed while sliding sideways.

Edit: also, how? Would love to see a longer video of this

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

20:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQooiDPuULk

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Bob Morales posted:

I cussed at the car then let it sit for two days, then paid $40 to have muffler man hit it with a torch and put a new stud in
All set now. Not loving with another thing on this car for the rest of the year. Sat at too many shops over the last month with me not driving it.

Dude I know exactly how you feel! I stripped my wheel stud and almost 2 months went by because I couldn't find a shop to replace it. All the performance shops in my area had busy schedules, weird hours, pandemic issues, etc....
I finally decided to tackle it myself. I bought every part to repair and/or replace it, so I didn't have to wait any longer, I ended up saving the thread with a $6 thread chaser and $5 tapping fluid. I probably spent close to $100 on parts just to be on standby.

Then after I fixed the stud I noticed my tires and muffler hangers where dry rotted, so I ended up not driving the car waiting for more replacement parts to come in.
After I got the tires and hangers installed, I have to wait for a performance shop to not have busy shop schedules, weird hours, or pandemic issues so I can get an alignment. no chain alignment shop wanted to align my car out of anything except stock oem settings. uggg.
I know I don't drive my car all that often, but this year I really wanted to drive it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Gf got herself a fancy new 2020 ecosport and now shes used to a quiet drive and my car is too loud now. :mad:

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Gf got herself a fancy new 2020 ecosport and now shes used to a quiet drive and my car is too loud now. :mad:

I think you need to get a fancy new 2020 GT and dump the exhaust then your current car will not be so loud for your Gf to complain about.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Alright it's only been a week and this is driving me nuts: does anyone know if there's any way to turn down the reverse assist beeping? It's so incredibly loud that I'm considering disabling it entirely

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Alright it's only been a week and this is driving me nuts: does anyone know if there's any way to turn down the reverse assist beeping? It's so incredibly loud that I'm considering disabling it entirely

There's a forscan toggle to make it all come from the speaker in the cluster instead of every speaker in the car at an ear piercing volume. I did this as soon as I could, the default is so frigging loud.

quote:

Sound Location for Vehicle Chimes:

720-01-01 xxxx xxx4 xxxx (Forwarded to ACM / Vehicle Speakers - Default)
720-01-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx (IPC Internal Speaker Only)

This also applies to startup/door chimes and such, and they do sound kind of crappy through the IPC speaker, but you can also just turn them off entirely through forscan as well which is what I did. Way too many beeps and chimes and noises by default at startup.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

I think you need to get a fancy new 2020 GT and dump the exhaust then your current car will not be so loud for your Gf to complain about.
My man I am a clerk in a library. I would second guess buying a poster of a 2020 gt because of the cost.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

opengl128 posted:

forscan toggle

this all sounds good but explain this part to me like i'm a golden retriever

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

this all sounds good but explain this part to me like i'm a golden retriever

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Guys talk me out of selling my base 2018 GT to Carvana for a ridiculous price (more than I paid) due to Corona virus. Pros- I would have no more car payment and a few bucks in my wallet.
Cons- my employment has changed drastically and I don't think I'll get another loan to get another new mustang down the road.
I really like my car but it is an 18 with all the issues (rattles, clutch issues, trans issues etc)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

BrownieVK posted:

Guys talk me out of selling my base 2018 GT to Carvana for a ridiculous price (more than I paid) due to Corona virus. Pros- I would have no more car payment and a few bucks in my wallet.
Cons- my employment has changed drastically and I don't think I'll get another loan to get another new mustang down the road.
I really like my car but it is an 18 with all the issues (rattles, clutch issues, trans issues etc)

Ford is offering 0% financing for anyone with a credit score of over 650 and has steady employment for up to 72 months. They'll also let you default on your loan with no penalty in the first 12 months if you lose your job and give the car back. Just saying

Both the tools in their links are sold out but this looks good. Thanks a bunch

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Both the tools in their links are sold out but this looks good. Thanks a bunch

Here's the one I use, works fine https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N18TOFB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can also use forscan to read codes from all the modules in the car which can be handy down the road.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So, how's everyone doing? Quiet thread is probably good? Weather starting to get chilly here, can't drive with the windows down anymore. :(

Gonna change my spark plugs before the snow comes, that's all the plans I have for it. :woop:

I've now had this car for longer than my black one. Got black one May 2013, crashed April 2017. Bought new one in May 2017. I now have just as many miles on this as the black car had when I got it. Memories and facts!

edit: two days after buying it, manual lessons at the mall.

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 2, 2020

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I want to try and wash my car one more time before I put her away. I bought a ceramic coat kit, and I just dont want to apply it until the paint is perfect. It may have to wait until next year.

I did get new wheels and tires. I was going to get the Nitto Tires, but I found if I get the Summitomo Tires, I could afford to get new wheels so I went with them. They are ok tires.
They are staggered R350 wheels in Liquid Graphite color. The bottom pic are my old fr500 wheels.

I also had a crack in my cowl vent, for a while and I have been kicking back and fourth about getting replaced with carbon fiber, I did it as it was $50 more than OEM.
It rained right after I finished installing it too at least the glue on the weather stripping held. Ultimately the fitment was terrible and in hindsight I am not a fan of this mod.

Also... I just realized because I clicked on the 1st page of this thread by accident, I noticed its over 10 years old! That is crazy! Here is to hoping for 10 more years of Mustang Murderthread!

kalvick fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 3, 2020

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sucks there were fitment issues, but the cowl looks good! Not as big a fan of the new wheels as I really liked your old ones.

That extra inch of so of drop you have really makes so much difference compared to mine. Still lookin sharp!

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I was not in love with the wheels at first because I wanted to get SVE NVX wheels but they where sold out. The wheels I have while dark are not black, the wheels I got also are slightly lighter weight and can clear big brake kits
so now I am a little future proof if I decide I want to do 14" brakes. Without the chrome ring around the wheels the new wheels look huge and I do like that a lot.

kalvick fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 9, 2020

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Cage posted:

So, how's everyone doing? Quiet thread is probably good? Weather starting to get chilly here, can't drive with the windows down anymore. :(

I wish I drove mine more. Working remotely full time means I barely get a couple hundred miles a month lately. Sad panda. Need to get out for some good drives before winter.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

opengl128 posted:

I wish I drove mine more. Working remotely full time means I barely get a couple hundred miles a month lately. Sad panda. Need to get out for some good drives before winter.

That's a really nice color- what is it?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

TY! It’s Kona Blue.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Almost a year now I've had the Bullitt and just hit 3k miles.

Work from home life doesn't allow much driving, but I will say when I do there isn't much traffic has been nice.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Working from home plus something draining my battery = even less driving. For some reason this thing won't charge and maintain while the battery is connected, so giving it a shot with the battery disconnected.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That Kona Blue is *gorgeous* in person, and seeing that reminds me that I’d absolutely in love with a dark blue 2001 Bullitt... keep it as stock as you can except full road racing suspension, full brembo brakes and a manual cammed NA 2017 Coyote?

That’s for later. For now, It’s transmission time and I can’t believe I’m gong to say this but... Think for this 96 Cobra build I’m going to rock the 6 speed auto versus the T56 Magnum. Hear me out.

I really think the autos are so good that the average buyer really doesn’t mind the lazy stick. I was just texting with the power by the hour guy and he said he could build up any 2011-2014 6 speed auto to handle whatever my 2017 Blown Coyote can throw at it. I’m running 6 psi, a “stock tuner” street setup aka Saleen Roush.

Now to find a cheap 2016 Coyote roots blower...

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 11, 2020

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

I'll do a longer effort post/reply on this whole story at some point in the near future but my dad's ~30 year project is finally "done" so I took it out for a photo shoot this afternoon.

1966 Fastback 289 2+2 in Tahoe Turquoise brought back to life from a lovely attempt to turn it into a Cobra with 7 layers of paint, a fake hood scoop and Bondo.

Before:

Very After:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Love the color and the style! Hate the wheels but to each their own

Cool project!

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Went through two sets of aftermarket headlights for my new edge, neither quite fit enough to fasten. Broke the passenger side adjuster in the all the messing around.

Bought a brand new Ford assembly for that side, it doesn't fit either.

I'm very confused.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

Working from home plus something draining my battery = even less driving. For some reason this thing won't charge and maintain while the battery is connected, so giving it a shot with the battery disconnected.

do you have any after market mods to the car that could be pulling power? a battery on a trickle charger does not just die when connected.
what model is your charger? does it support trickle charging?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kalvick posted:

do you have any after market mods to the car that could be pulling power? a battery on a trickle charger does not just die when connected.
what model is your charger? does it support trickle charging?

The battery died before I put it on the charger. Charger should be able to charge it up and then maintain it but the last two times I tried this the charger shut off after a few hours or half a day or something and the battery was still dead.

I'm guessing the battery is toast, we'll see. Since I put it on there disconnected to the car it seems to be charging properly now. I'll hook it back up and see if the charger will maintain it now.

Car has aftermarket interior LEDs that do give off a tiny bit of light even when they're off but it seems like this is a known issue and people have tested it and it's a miniscule amount of power, less than the factory incandescents draw in the same situation. I might replace them anyway though because maybe the ones they tested were newer, these are 9 years old.

Battery isn't that old (2 years?) but my recent car accident has meant the cars only been started and idled for a while once in the last three months.