Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Porkins got retconned to survive in the Phineas and Ferb crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNAvOxDuU6I&t=131s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

this thread died when my original title, "Corran Horn hosed an otter, and other science facts", was changed. please restore it so we may thrive

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I was wondering what happened to this thread. I didn't even realize the thread title was changed.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SlothfulCobra posted:

Porkins got retconned to survive in the Phineas and Ferb crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNAvOxDuU6I&t=131s

I like his parachute that he presumably rode from space.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Cornwind Evil posted:

At some point in Phantom Menace we see some guy in the background for like 2 seconds.
Yes there are dozens upon dozens of brief background characters who all got 20 page backstories, half the time making them play A SECRET IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE MAIN PLOT, but he's the first that came to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou7BN6NdK2E

Robot Chicken had a bit that hit that concept on the head.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SolarFire2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou7BN6NdK2E

Robot Chicken had a bit that hit that concept on the head.

The best part about Pruneface in particular is that in the actual shot where he shows up, the scene is lit really poorly so he barely shows up.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

This fucker

Irek Ismaren Gets turned into a cyborg, implants lightsabers to his body, and can mind trick droids.

There was also another ridiculous clown that had a double egded lightsaber with a beam in the middle connecting them. He also rode a t-rex or something. I couldn't find the picture.

The Shard were sentient crystals that rode around in robots, and they were even Jedi. These Jedi rocks had the very creative name of Iron Knights...

Linux Pirate fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 4, 2020

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

What the gently caress

How has lightsaber knees not been posted in this thread before now

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hazo posted:

What the gently caress

How has lightsaber knees not been posted in this thread before now

there's just too many science facts for any one thread to contain, frankly

but we'll try our best. for example, luke skywalker once fought space-velociraptors who power their technology matrix-style (with people!!). according to wookieepedia, they are an "intensely spiritual people", but their religion is mostly about racism.

haven't seen any explanation for what the gently caress is up with their noses tho. seems uncomfortable

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 4, 2020

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Whatever their religion is, their entire society revolves around literally harvesting souls. That sounds spiritual to me.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Just going from memory here, but are those the Ssiii-roovi or whatever the hell from that Truce at Bakura novel?

I remember its big claim to fame was being the first EU story set after the movies, and just so nobody else could hold that title, the author started the book with Luke literally riding in a shuttle back from the Battle of Endor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have a question that this science based thread may be able to help with.

How do the prehensile nose-tendril soul vampire force dinosaurs put their harness vests on?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Big Beef City posted:

How do
the force

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Hazo posted:

Just going from memory here, but are those the Ssiii-roovi or whatever the hell from that Truce at Bakura novel?

I remember its big claim to fame was being the first EU story set after the movies, and just so nobody else could hold that title, the author started the book with Luke literally riding in a shuttle back from the Battle of Endor

Ssi-Ruuk, yeah.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Linux Pirate posted:

This fucker

Irek Ismaren Gets turned into a cyborg, implants lightsabers to his body, and can mind trick droids.

I never realised the spiky lightsaber guy was involved with the whole "Luke Falls In Love With A Lady Who Died But Transferred Into The Asteroid Ship And Then Into A Different Lady Who Couldn't Use The Force After That"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

How do the prehensile nose-tendril soul vampire force dinosaurs put their harness vests on?

that's what that one human dude who's helping them hold down the imperial officer is for. he has known no life but servitude under the ssi-ruuk as "the vest guy"

also i never quite made the connection before but lightsaber knees is liefeld as gently caress. down to not even having his feet depicted at all

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Jazerus posted:

that's what that one human dude who's helping them hold down the imperial officer is for. he has known no life but servitude under the ssi-ruuk as "the vest guy"

IIRC, he's basically their Force-sensitive Judasgoat. He'd convince the humans everything was fine right up until their souls got ripped out of their bodies and stuffed into a fighter drone.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Jazerus posted:

the ssi-ruuk have another slave race that's not just The Force Sensitive Kid. I don't remember if they are also lizards or what tho.

They don't last very long on the entechment grids (that suck out your life force to run blasters and poo poo) so they need to come steal some humans

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Polaron posted:

IIRC, he's basically their Force-sensitive Judasgoat. He'd convince the humans everything was fine right up until their souls got ripped out of their bodies and stuffed into a fighter drone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Clown_Cried

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The best part about Lightsaber-knee guy is that the books he's in are actually pretty good aside from him. Written by Aaron Allston, the Wraith Squadron guy.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Polaron posted:

well yeah but that's kind of a side gig compared to his vest duties i assume

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

What about the Mandalorians that Karen Traviss bestowed upon us?

Edit:

Obi-Wan and uncle Owen where brothers.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Part of me is glad they wiped EU(Yuuzhan Vong), and part of me hates it because we have the sequels.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
The Jabba's Throne Room was a club-bar on Atzerri. It was exactly modeled after the throne room of the late Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure on Tatooine.

It purported to host the original Max Rebo Band and was said to resemble the Palace Museum on Tatooine. Jabba's Throne Room offered patrons the opportunity to "Visit Jabba's Guest Quarters with a Pleasure Slave" and "Face the Mighty Rancor in the Pit of Death." To most victims of Jabba, the restaurant was amusing at best, and outright insulting at worst.

In 16 ABY, Luke Skywalker visited the club-bar after purchasing the bestselling The Lost Secrets of the Jedi from a branch of the Galactic Archives. In here, Skywalker was amused to find a not-so-perfect representation of the galactic gangster's intimidating headquarters, though he decided to stay for dinner after hearing the surprisingly good music and catching a glimpse of the roast nerf. Skywalker was seated underneath a "frozen Han Solo in carbonite" and served a drink from an "Oola" look-alike. He finally called it quits after a Wookiee actor failed to impress him with his Chewbacca impression, and was relieved he didn't stick around long enough to see the Leia impersonation.

Glad that sleazy tourist traps exist in the EU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

following the cantina scene in the original movie, the two dudes who harassed luke (dr. evazan and ponda baba) went to live in a frankenstein castle, where they lured in the senator of ponda boba's home planet and transferred ponda's consciousness into the senator so that he wouldn't have to live with a missing arm. also, so that he could gently caress, because apparently ponda baba was extraordinarily ugly even for an aqualish

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 14, 2020

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Starweirds

Basically hyperspace ghosts that appeared on ships and most who've seen one essentially went insane. They also appeared to spacers repairing their ships in deep space. They could use the force but hated any being who was force sensitive. It would shriek at you telepathically and rip you to shreds.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

skasion posted:

“Biggs Darklighter” is still the best Star Wars name. Fact

His cousin Gavin hosed a goat lady.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The resolution to that storyline was just so dumb.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

MonsieurChoc posted:

The resolution to that storyline was just so dumb.

it was bizarrely out of character for every single character involved, plus rushed as hell. even when i was a kid, that bit of the storyline felt like an editor or something tapped stackpole on the shoulder and said, hey, buddy, we've got to make a few changes here.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Did it even actually get a resolution? I remember she went undercover to try to stop Borsk from getting power and then next thing we know he's head of the New Republic.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

wow these corran and gavin guys sound pretty cool

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

it was bizarrely out of character for every single character involved, plus rushed as hell. even when i was a kid, that bit of the storyline felt like an editor or something tapped stackpole on the shoulder and said, hey, buddy, we've got to make a few changes here.

Stackpole, writing characters doing stuff that don't make sense? Whaaaa?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Polaron posted:

Did it even actually get a resolution? I remember she went undercover to try to stop Borsk from getting power and then next thing we know he's head of the New Republic.

she is never mentioned in the EU again, there's some sly reference during the vong books that she became a military instructor or something, but otherwise nope. she fakes her death and accomplishes nothing, borsk dies a hero, gavin marries a white woman.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Casu Marzu posted:

gently caress that. I really enjoyed reading the EU in all its trashy glory until that happened. The whole yuzzan vong plot was dumb and bad. Wasn't there also a older star wars book with ~~~ outside the galaxy~~~ aliens and they were just dinosaurs that powered their ships with some life essence bullshit?

Also the whole bug trilogy and the bug orgy with han solo's daughter

Truce at Bakura, which I was given as a small child and mercifully was unable at the time to recognize how Weird Horny it was

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

shame on an IGA posted:

Truce at Bakura, which I was given as a small child and mercifully was unable at the time to recognize how Weird Horny it was

Same but with The Courtship of Princess Leia, which I brilliantly summarized earlier in this thread.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hazo posted:

Same but with The Courtship of Princess Leia, which I brilliantly summarized earlier in this thread.

hey friend. roofy guns are normal and fine. if han solo used one a rape gun than its ok.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Somewhere in the New Republic, Han Solo is being MeTooed and his wife Leia has to denounce him.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Jedi Master Kit Fisto

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Somewhere in the New Republic, Han Solo is being MeTooed and his wife Leia has to denounce him.

buddy, leia is a racist ex-president who's the daughter of a war criminal and the mother of another one

i'm not sure she's going to be bowing to pressure from the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

taco_fox posted:

wow these corran and gavin guys sound pretty cool

All of the squadron characters are cool they fly planes and shoot guns and do sex and drink a lot