Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kareem Olajuwan
Shaquille Ali

very creative, Jerry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Randy X

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JC Ice, Wolfie D, Crush, and Savio Vega were all in the WWE Nation too.

You know, until they broke up so Crush joined up with a bunch of Nazi bikers and started a race war.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
there's been rumors about them trying to start a new NoD for a couple weeks now so that's where my money is

MVP, Lashley, Shelton, and possibly Cedric if he turns on Ali and Ricochet and joins them?

naturally the faction demanding that black wrestlers be treated with respect will be heels

my guess is the Shane thing is unrelated, possibly them starting the build for a match in Saudi Arabia where he nearly dies (from heatstroke, and then jumps off something really tall)

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I am guessing that it is the undisputed era.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this was already posted sorry

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Any means necessary” points at NoD if they’re actually clever enough to incorporate something like that into their leak purposefully.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Daily Update from Dave https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-raw-notes-summerslam-location-adrian-street-316776

No Nation 2.0 but it was pitched

Orton's punting Flair either tonight or next week

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

God if they go full Inokism I'll laugh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dave also said it might be a 90's Gang Warz/modern NJPW style multi-faction thing. Which would actually be kind of a breath of fresh air, to be honest.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Yes its very much Millionaires vs The New Blood

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

Dave also said it might be a 90's Gang Warz/modern NJPW style multi-faction thing. Which would actually be kind of a breath of fresh air, to be honest.

I'm hoping more for like ROH's poor Dragon Gate ripoff Faction Wars. They have Gabe on the payroll so deffo get him to name the groups to see if he can better Vulture Squad and No Remorse Corps and Resilience

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

forkboy84 posted:

I'm hoping more for like ROH's poor Dragon Gate ripoff Faction Wars. They have Gabe on the payroll so deffo get him to name the groups to see if he can better Vulture Squad and No Remorse Corps and Resilience
never forget hangmen three

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sugar Blaster posted:

never forget hangmen three

My favorite part about the Hangmen Three was that there were four guys in it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its hangm3n, op.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

i THOUGHT it was stylized stupidly but i wasn't sure and didn't care enough to check

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Riddick Moss

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alaois posted:

Riddick Moss

Are you sure it's not Dick Piss?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Alaois posted:

Riddick Moss

He doesnt exist this meme needs to die

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Losing to Riddick Moss clean on Main Event is the next best thing, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He deserves it, he’s a cop.

Defund Ali.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

He deserves it, he’s a cop.

Defund Ali.

Ali said he quit the police force because he learned he couldn't change it from the inside like he thought and is all for defunding police and putting that money in other places.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Ali said he quit the police force because he learned he couldn't change it from the inside like he thought and is all for defunding police and putting that money in other places.

That's kayfabe.

He quit because he got a WWE contract.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.si.com/wrestling/2020/06/12/wwe-mustafa-ali-police-brutality-black-lives-matter

This is all just lies and he wouldn't think it if he hadn't been offered a WWE contract, apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, because despite all that he didn't quit until the WWE came knocking.

What do you think that first A stands for?

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...g-a8910286.html

"It wasn't until the official offer came from WWE that I resigned," he went on to say.

"I was working as a cop the entire time I was doing the Cruiserweight Classic and the NXT stuff, and, on the side, I was doing independent wrestling shows!

"I'd do a show at 9pm, jump in my car and race to the police station to make it for 11pm for when my shift started.

"I always showed up for the roll call with a minute to spare and I'd be sweaty and have a black eye, and guys were like 'what is wrong with this kid?!'

"I left the law enforcement career behind, but my last day at work was a Friday, and the following week I came to TV on the Monday to start [with WWE.]

"I worked all the way up to when my contract started and left nothing to chance.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I don't think he's ever directly made the claim that he quit being a police officer because of the systemic flaws and injustice. He definitely quit because he got an offer to wrestle full time.

He is not a police officer anymore, and he's consistently been outspoken about how he feels the system is broken. Is the assumption that he's lying about it and actually loves all cops because he only stopped being one when it was financially feasible to do so? I guess we could always just guillotine him to be safe.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

[edit] I am dumb and this post is dumb and this should be ignored.

IronCladBurrito fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 8, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

IronCladBurrito posted:

We could, but then what token would Vince put over at Blood Money shows? He's not done yet, is he?

Calling somebody a “token” ain’t cool

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dude got a job offer. He hated being a cop. He quit and took another job. He is now a BLM supporter and supports objectively good causes around criminal justice?

Like, what loving else do you want from the guy?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IronCladBurrito posted:

We could, but then what token would Vince put over at Blood Money shows? He's not done yet, is he?

Fam, that's Mansoor, not Ali.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't think he's ever directly made the claim that he quit being a police officer because of the systemic flaws and injustice.

It was in his Cruiserweight Classic video packages. Or 205 Live pre-debut. One of them.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 7, 2020

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

IronCladBurrito posted:

I can't tell if you're mixing up Mansoor and Mustafa Ali or what but Ali's run at the Saudi shows:

Greatest Royal Rumble 2018: Did not appear
Crown Jewel 2018: Did not appear
Super Showdown 2019: Appeared in 51 Man Battle Royale won by Mansoor
Crown Jewel 2019: Was part of Team Hogan in the tag match against Team Flair
Super Showdown 2020: Did not appear

The two events he did appear at he stated that he donated his paycheck to Charity:Water

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1137156649855148032

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1185662058270019588

However, it is possible that he lied about this, because people lie.

Regardless,

Eat My Fuc posted:

Especially if it's unclear whether or not you are actually able to differentiate between two different Muslim wrestlers.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

It was in his Cruiserweight Classic video packages. Or 205 Live pre-debut. One of them.
He doesn't appear to mention working for (or quitting) the police force in either of those, which makes sense for the CWC one because he was still a police officer and hiding his wrestling from his co-workers at that point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZ86yV4ZQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98DfrH3Spt0
Here's his 205 Live pre-debut which also does not mention the police one way or the other.

There may have been other promos I can't find on YouTube where he said this. Or he might not have said this. He's definitely said

a) That he used to be a police officer and wanted to be a positive force for change from within
and
b) He now realizes the entire system is flawed and he could not make a positive force for change from within

I can see how people would draw the conclusion of "I quit the force because I knew I couldn't change it from within" which would be misleading as he only quit when he was offered another way to make a living. I can't find anywhere that he himself makes that connection. Maybe he only had this realization after he was outside of the police bubble. Maybe events of the past 4 1/2 years helped him realize just how systemically rotten the entire thing is. Maybe he's lying and secretly loves cops and hates Black Lives Matter. We may never know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is the last time I trust VJeff in the past.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

even if he said these things, televised wrestling promos aren't real.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

This is the last time I trust VJeff in the past.

No idea who that is. Sounds like a real rear end in a top hat.

I think he said it at some point. Maybe it was in his video packages during the tournament leading up to WM34? Point is, I'm willing to accept that he kayfabed his reason for not being a cop anymore, but I dunno. I think the fact that he uses his platform to speak out against this stuff lets him skate on ACAB. Because he's not a cop anymore.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Eat My Fuc posted:

MJeff posted:

Fam, that's Mansoor, not Ali.

Edge & Christian posted:

I can't tell if you're mixing up Mansoor and Mustafa Ali or what but Ali's run at the Saudi shows:

Regardless,
Especially if it's unclear whether or not you are actually able to differentiate between two different Muslim wrestlers.

It's not 'not being able to tell them apart,' but more 'stupid mistake because I haven't watched closely enough to know.' Not that this matters in the least, my post still smacked of racism that I was not intending to convey. You are all correct, and I am sorry. I've removed the post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Discourse