Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I'd like to sit in a field watching bats at 3am

Could everyone please gently caress off and not come to the post office, ta

Especially if you're going to ignore all social distancing and cram in constantly so I have to keep telling people loudly to wait outside

Hiding in the loo because people wouldn't stop coming up to my counter before I called

Bats in a field at night sounds heavenly. Except maybe the 3am bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I sometimes get bats in the garden

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Natalie Fartman posted:

I'd like to sit in a field watching bats at 3am

My old job had 2-week stints at the field usually in some random mountaintop borehole drilling project for some underground exploration or bedrock analysis and while it wasn't directly my responsibility, I always jumped into the opportunity to gently caress off from the cesspool that is our main office to watch the scenery and listen the creepy mating sounds of foxes and jackals at night when the machinery hummed.

We had a campfire and a metal samavar for tea, me and my mate from the office, no phone reception and it was bliss. Until my manager called me in because he literally couldn't function without someone babysitting him, that is.

I miss having the office - site work - travel routine sometimes then I also remember how many social events I missed, how many relationships got sour because I was in some bumfuck town 400 km away and how many second dates I couldn't go because I got a call on Friday night to pack my poo poo and roll out.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 4, 2020

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The guy I was working with spent 10 minutes trying to park in a considerable space this morning.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Natalie Fartman posted:

Except maybe the 3am bit

It's kinda nice that I now have the full day to myself, but I am knackered.

Also I've eaten too many Aldi vegan sausage rolls, and they've just added a fake cheese and onion oneone 😮😮😮

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The queing outside restaurants is mad today. Huge groups of people and no social distancing.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

There was an owl outside my bedroom window last night, giving it the ol hoot hoot

I didnt have to stay awake studying it for work though, for which I am grateful

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Owls are a sign of a false implanted memory. You were probably abducted and probed by aliens last night. Congratulations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Lucky it wasn't a screeching Owl, those fuckers sound like a cat being violently murdered.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Galewolf posted:

My old job had 2-week stints at the field usually in some random mountaintop borehole drilling project for some underground exploration or bedrock analysis and while it wasn't directly my responsibility, I always jumped into the opportunity to gently caress off from the cesspool that is our main office to watch the scenery and listen the creepy mating sounds of foxes and jackals at night when the machinery hummed.

We had a campfire and a metal samavar for tea, me and my mate from the office, no phone reception and it was bliss. Until my manager called me in because he literally couldn't function without someone babysitting him, that is.

I miss having the office - site work - travel routine sometimes then I also remember how many social events I missed, how many relationships got sour because I was in some bumfuck town 400 km away and how many second dates I couldn't go because I got a call on Friday night to pack my poo poo and roll out.

you talk like the movies

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ratjaculation posted:

The guy I was working with spent 10 minutes trying to park in a considerable space this morning.

Please stop with the dogging anecdotes.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Dravs posted:

Lucky it wasn't a screeching Owl, those fuckers sound like a cat being violently murdered.

Barn owl calls are the stuff of nightmares

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Fox calls creep me out, always sound like a woman screaming.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
just signed onto UC again :thumbsup:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

you talk like the movies

Not the first time I heard this (I don't take it as an insult, maybe I should then?) but, ehh, I guess :shrug:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Salisbury Snape posted:

Fox calls creep me out, always sound like a woman screaming.

Jackal sounds are like a group of babies/kids laughing at you and it's unnerving as gently caress in the middle of the night.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol cool i get my first UC payment on september 10th

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Jose posted:

It's lucky that being on benefits means you don't need to eat or live indoors.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Galewolf posted:

Not the first time I heard this (I don't take it as an insult, maybe I should then?) but, ehh, I guess :shrug:

It wasn't meant as an insult you pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant, twerp, scumbag, gently caress-face, dickhead, rear end in a top hat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jose posted:

im excited for my 2nd self employed grant in august

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Cardinal on iPlayer is a cracking Canadian crime show, heads up

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It wasn't meant as an insult you pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant, twerp, scumbag, gently caress-face, dickhead, rear end in a top hat.

Of all these, English is the only one that is wrong.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jose posted:

i can paypal you 50p to tide you over, but you'll have to buy a house in sunderland and make netflix documentaries about finding a sense of meaning in futile toil

one must imagine mick mccarthy happy

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Unreal Cornament

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i just checked my notes and sunderland have had 20 (twenty) managers since mick mccarthy left

but they are all mick mccarthy in spirit

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I just checked my notes and football is still garbage for morons.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

I think you're missing out, but you do you. Life's too short to appreciate even a fraction of the good movies, books and videogames in the world, I'm not really interested in pressuring people into seeing something they don't want to.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Actually no, they are right

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think you're missing out, but you do you. Life's too short to appreciate even a fraction of the good movies, books and videogames in the world, I'm not really interested in pressuring people into seeing something they don't want to.

Football isn't a movie, book or videogame. Guess we can't expect much from a football fan.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sport is an escape from the hells of reality to a simple space where there is only us, them and an abstract authority to rage against.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

I've started watching football recently to make the rugby withdrawals more bearable.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Football isn't a movie, book or videogame. Guess we can't expect much from a football fan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_(1978_video_game)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Sunswipe posted:

What team do you support

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Football in and of itself is actually really cool and good. I can understand taking issue with certain ancillary aspects of football like the fandom or the ridiculous sums of money involved but chiding someone for enjoying a good game of foot does not make you sound as edgy and cool as you might think

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i have a raging foot fetish and deeply resent the fact that they wear boots to play. that's why i hate it.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

a pleasure to have you here, mick

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Sunswipe posted:

I love it too op, it's good to be open and honest with ourselves.

bristol rovers are the best team but I will also don my plastic flag for the north london arsenals since bobby pires said hello to me once

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

FullLeatherJacket posted:

a pleasure to have you here, mick

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I support nufc which is why I am angry all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fridge corn posted:

Football in and of itself is actually really cool and good. I can understand taking issue with certain ancillary aspects of football like the fandom or the ridiculous sums of money involved but chiding someone for enjoying a good game of foot does not make you sound as edgy and cool as you might think

I don't think I'm cool or edgy, I just find that football is enjoyed by morons. :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)