Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Muswell Hillbillies is a good album, as is every kinks album*

*not familiar with their work post the mid 70s

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

wow, the place looks amazing--thanks everyone involved, it really feels....:byob1: as heck in here now

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Manifisto

:frogsiren:

Manifisto posted:

:haibrow:

E: HOLY CRAP THE SMILIES HAVE A USEFUL SEARCH FUNCTION NOW HOKLY gently caress
:frogsiren:

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
seems to be the same smiley search used in the android app :woop:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

:monocle:

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

SpaceGoatFarts

sic transit gloria mundi

here is a chill track I made for a goon jam as a present for the kind people here in byob

https://soundcloud.com/gautier-gillon/i-and-i

Musluk

Yeah some very nice people got together and tagged all the smileys. :wedass:

e: lmao

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

here is a chill track I made for a goon jam as a present for the kind people here in byob

Giving it a listen now.

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!

astral

The smilie search is amazing, but even more amazing is that recently a whole bunch of goons went through and tagged every single smilie! Thanks to that you can now search descriptions of the smilies like "yellow" or "animated". Each word you type is individually searched, so for example if you were looking for :frogsiren: you could put this in the box: frog siren

and it would find it!

e:f;b on the taggers

Manifisto

it's glorious. I recall seeing something in qcs I think about doing something like that but I sort of assumed it was going to go the way of other site improvements. but instead we get real progress!

e:

lmao

ty nesamdoom!

astral

Manifisto posted:

it's glorious. I recall seeing something in qcs I think about doing something like that but I sort of assumed it was going to go the way of other site improvements. but instead we get real progress!

Jeffrey is the herald of a New Era and, once the site sale goes through, it will be the start of a new golden age for the forums.

Areola Grande

:peanut:

FluffieDuckie

it's a sad state of affairs when those of us who have been on the site for 15 years see an actual improvement and we're like drat THAT'S LIKE SOME WITCHCRAFT

also thank you to everyone who did stuff. you're internet heros :love:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

redm

:henget:

sig by Manifisto

Khanstant
:imunfunny:

y'all remember when this face and emoji became this point of contention that made some goons seethe with rage

Areola Grande

ah to see all the little yobbers playing in the yard w/ their newfound smilies

it's like xmas in august :kiddo:

Khanstant
i double dog dare someone to post a thread with just that face in GBS

Ass-penny

The Kinks loving own but I've not heard this one, thanks for sharing. I don't even drink tea but always good to listen to Kinks.

Also, I'm excited to play with the emoji search feature, but why are we typing in not comic sans? :frogsiren: That just me?

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Khanstant posted:

:imunfunny:

y'all remember when this face and emoji became this point of contention that made some goons seethe with rage

Let’s make a list of things that have never made some goons seethe with rage:
1)

....I’ll wait

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

more falafel please

forums poster

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Let’s make a list of things that have never made some goons seethe with rage:
1)

....I’ll wait

:obama:

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

alnilam

rear end-penny posted:

The Kinks loving own but I've not heard this one, thanks for sharing. I don't even drink tea but always good to listen to Kinks.

Also, I'm excited to play with the emoji search feature, but why are we typing in not comic sans? :frogsiren: That just me?

Ctrl + F5 refresh da caccchhhe

alnilam

Gimme da cache

ty manifisto

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

alnilam posted:

Gimme da cache

Your cache ain't nothin' but trash.

Prof. Crocodile

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

this was chill

PhysicsFrenzy

this, too, is physics

prepuce repurposed posted:

ah to see all the little yobbers playing in the yard w/ their newfound smilies

it's like xmas in august :kiddo:

:cabot: :monar: :pusheen: :byoscience:

Trying

you can break past the smilie limit by using [img] tags. does that have a limit? too lazy to do. are u bad enough?

Manifisto

hurricane should be arriving soon (tropical storm, w/evs)

gonna be windy, time to play an exciting game called "will we lose power, and if so for how long?"

a few summers ago it was like 4 days, fingers crossed

ty nesamdoom!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

alnilam posted:

oh heck yeah we are doing this

hi how are you ♥

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Goons Are Great posted:

Stay safe out there friends

I think this is my new favorite hand washing replacing the one with the words from The View From Halfway Down from BoJack:

sig by owlhawk911

redm

season 3 feelin pumped

sig by Manifisto

Ass-penny

alnilam posted:

Thanks, I'm a loving idiot when it comes to tech.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I'm pretty sure the only standards for refresh everything including the cache on a page are
control + shift + r
shift + f5

control + f5 does look like it's supposed in every current browser but it's still not part of the standard. Be careful spreading non standard hotkeys as they may go away.

sig by owlhawk911

Trying

"Q" is the hottest key

Prof. Crocodile

Manifisto posted:

gonna be windy, time to play an exciting game called "will we lose power, and if so for how long?"

I am still without power in nj but it is frikkin beautiful out. just rode my bike through some puddles. birbs everywhere. like 70 degrees out. v chill storm tbqh.

Manifisto

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I am still without power in nj but it is frikkin beautiful out. just rode my bike through some puddles. birbs everywhere. like 70 degrees out. v chill storm tbqh.

glad to hear your hurricane experience is good and chill!

ty nesamdoom!

Prof. Crocodile

Manifisto posted:

glad to hear your hurricane experience is good and chill!

and I hope yours is too. :byob1:

Manifisto

Prof. Crocodile posted:

and I hope yours is too. :byob1:

storm is goin' on now. honestly I love to watch storms.

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

Manifisto posted:

I left California after living there 18 months and I think it's because I couldn't watch storms there. They don't even know what it's like to watch storms. Ask fluffie. I bet u she couldn't even spell storm because it's such a foreign idea.

TL;DR: watching storms owns

Robot Made of Meat

astral posted:

The smilie search is amazing, but even more amazing is that recently a whole bunch of goons went through and tagged every single smilie! Thanks to that you can now search descriptions of the smilies like "yellow" or "animated". Each word you type is individually searched, so for example if you were looking for :frogsiren: you could put this in the box: frog siren

and it would find it!

e:f;b on the taggers

This is an thing by which I am amazed and happified! I've always hated trying to slog through all the smilies to find the one I vaguely recalled.

:shittydog:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

I live out in the country, in one of those modern "All-Electric Houses" they were all talking about 50 years and more ago. Without power, I don't even have water.

4 days would be impossible.

ETA:

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 5, 2020

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom

I've started posting/lurking in the Discord, so I figured I should actually start posting/lurking in the actual forum. Hello! :shittydog:

Manifisto posted:

I really like tropical storms. They're the perfect balance of being weak enough to not really worry about them, but strong enough to be really fun to watch.