Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://i.imgur.com/dd9m4tk.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
fallout 4 is so poo poo and bad I got sick of it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I like a lot of janky games but fallout 4 is like stepping in dog poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I gave fallout 4 a second chance but then I got stuck in an endless elevator so it was the worst part of mass effect and fallout combined

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

yeah I never got into fallout 4 at all, despite playing all the others. I think I got maybe half way through and got fed up

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

fo4 was an incredibly dull time compared to fo3

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
only reason i could stand fallout 4 was it was in VR. so i figured, maybe skyrim's the same. NOPE. i've tried and tried but i can't get into it

like, your big plot hook is that there are dragons. in your painfully fuckin' generic fantasy setting. gently caress you, skyrim

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i enjoyed 4 for a while, upgrading my weapons and super suit and stuff, but suddenly no matter where you went in the game, all the missions were "travel to cousinfuck farm, kill mutants/raiders, return for caps, repeat"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i liked some bits of fo4. that little town covenant(?) was cool, boston was mostly pretty cool with how narrow and claustrophobic the streets felt a lot of the time. speech and dialog were complete trash though. also there were basically no friendly towns outside of the two in boston. kind of weird for a fallout game where like nobody is ever pleased to see you

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
like, morrowind had one of the most unique settings i've ever seen in all of fantasy, much less fantasy video games. and what survived of that? mudcrabs. in skyrim. yeah, you see a lot of crustaceans in the mountains. the rocky mountain lobster is world-renouned

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

only reason i could stand fallout 4 was it was in VR. so i figured, maybe skyrim's the same. NOPE. i've tried and tried but i can't get into it

like, your big plot hook is that there are dragons. in your painfully fuckin' generic fantasy setting. gently caress you, skyrim

in skyrim you trap a dragon in a castle so you can ride it, and you don't get to ride it and there isn't even a cutscene. I'm still hosed off about that

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

also most of the fun in fallout is being the wandering stranger with the big iron on your hip. who wants to stop and build a lame rear end settlement somewhere

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

in skyrim you trap a dragon in a castle so you can ride it, and you don't get to ride it and there isn't even a cutscene. I'm still hosed off about that
the best part is the dragon is all "are you ready to see the world as only a dragon can? once you've flown over these skies you will envy us even more" and then it just fades to black and he's dropping you off at the destination lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

the best part is the dragon is all "are you ready to see the world as only a dragon can? once you've flown over these skies you will envy us even more" and then it just fades to black and he's dropping you off at the destination lmao

bitch it's making me mad just thinking aobut it lmao

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

lol incredible

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

big Ready Player One energy here

burning swine
May 26, 2004

lol apparently I didn't even get far enough to see that

Oblivion was fun, in that at the time I had never played a game like that before and it blew my mind. Everyone says morrowwind is the best game in the series, but I'm not sure if I could handle the antique graphics for an extended playthrough

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
first playthru on skyrim was so loving good

AC origins was better though

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

first playthru on skyrim was so loving good

AC origins was better though

heavily modded Skyrim is some win

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

vanilla skyrim did some really courageous things in 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecuS5VLqkGA

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jesus WEP posted:

i liked some bits of fo4. that little town covenant(?) was cool,

lol another VR favourite moment; in the end stage of the Covenant quest, you follow some clues down into a sewer where you find some rear end in a top hat scientists trying to make a reliable 'Are you an android?' test, and the head science lady gives you a speech and then says 'well kill me if you dare' and I had just finished crafting a rocket powered baseball bat and spent some level-ups on melee perks. She stood quite still waiting for my response while I held the bat up next to her head, took a few practice swings and KLONK triggered the 'Big Leagues' perk where your opponent's head flies off and bounces off the walls etc. I laughed so loving hard.

jesus WEP posted:

holy lol I never played far enough into SKyrim to (not) see this, peak **Todd Howard** :mad:

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 5, 2020

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

worms armageddon just got a 3.8 patch, over 20 years after release

https://worms2d.info/Worms_Armageddon_3.8_Features

makes it work great in linux too

that's my gaming story, thanks for listening

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

i enjoyed 4 for a while, upgrading my weapons and super suit and stuff, but suddenly no matter where you went in the game, all the missions were "travel to cousinfuck farm, kill mutants/raiders, return for caps, repeat"

Just... don't do them?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm role-playing a character who doesn't give a poo poo about settlers.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tankakern posted:

worms armageddon just got a 3.8 patch, over 20 years after release

https://worms2d.info/Worms_Armageddon_3.8_Features

makes it work great in linux too

that's my gaming story, thanks for listening

Worms WMD is basically the remaster/anniversary edition of Armageddon and it's real good.

I feel like this patch is primarily for the ultra grognards who won't shut up about the ninja rope physics in wmd being marginally different than they were in w:a

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Worms WMD is basically the remaster/anniversary edition of Armageddon and it's real good.

I feel like this patch is primarily for the ultra grognards who won't shut up about the ninja rope physics in wmd being marginally different than they were in w:a

seeing how it is made by ultra grognards editing the binaries, yeah, good bet.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

it's some devoted fans that actually has access to the source code by an agreement, no hexediting involved

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

that also makes it an official patch that gets distributed by steam

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i hadn’t realized i got the expansion for SUPERHOT for free and it’s pretty good

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

They actually managed to get dragon riding working in one of the expansions. Naturally it's so janky and terrible I only ever did it once

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Just bought a 2060, Dwarf Fortress is gonna look good as hell

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
started far cry 5 last night

this game seems very cool indeed. coz it’s ubisoft i can’t help but compare it to assassins creed but it’s quite different, and normally i hate first person but i’m getting over it

but gently caress this game is hard 😳 i need silent weapons gently caress!!!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

also most of the fun in fallout is being the wandering stranger with the big iron on your hip. who wants to stop and build a lame rear end settlement somewhere

this might be the thing fo76 actually does right. you want to build? you get a small movable camp that can be purely a workstation convenience center or a full compound of small buildings, do as you wish

the recent expansion overhaul added some factions and town centers, but theyre built, you dont need to help them turn it into a fortress. also they dont need you to save them only maybe kill someone or find something. nobody thinks youre the only savior in the world and its a better experience that way

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

started far cry 5 last night

this game seems very cool indeed. coz it’s ubisoft i can’t help but compare it to assassins creed but it’s quite different, and normally i hate first person but i’m getting over it

but gently caress this game is hard 😳 i need silent weapons gently caress!!!
Get the dog asap

Most of the named companions are worth getting for that matter

Also checkout the entry on beforeiplay.com for it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the new scavengers and settlers on the road sometimes tell you off because they got there first and its their spot now

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

jesus WEP posted:

also there were basically no friendly towns outside of the two in boston. kind of weird for a fallout game where like nobody is ever pleased to see you

that's perfect massachusetts

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

playing 20XX, a decent megamanmans thats procedurally generated. all the boss powers suck but you can rip through it pretty quick

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

that's perfect massachusetts
Never thought of it that way but it checks out

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

oh hell yeah the new frostpunk dlc is out this month. frostpunk is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk if i can get on any Xpunk wagon