Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Pro-Wrestling Champion for July, 2020?
This poll is closed.
Yuka Sakazaki (PRINCESS of PRINCESS Champion) 20 23.26%
:byodame: EVIL (IWGP Champion) 16 18.60%
:gitgudhorn: Hikaru Shida (AEW Women's Champion) 11 12.79%
Jon Moxley (AEW Champion) 10 11.63%
Yoshiko (Beyond the SEA Single Championship) 8 9.30%
:nono: Bayley (Smackdown Women's Champion) 6 6.98%
:nallears: Tetsuya Naito (FORMER IWGP Champion) 4 4.65%
:shibe: Eddie Edwards (Impact Champion) 2 2.33%
Sasha Banks (Raw Women's Champion) 2 2.33%
Asuka (FORMER Raw Women's Champion) 1 1.16%
:scotland: Drew McIntyre (WWE Champion) 1 1.16%
Suwama (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 1 1.16%
:black101: Arisa Nakajima (FORMER Beyond the SEA Single Championship) 0 0%
Ayato Yoshida (2AW Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:manning: Yuji Okabayashi (FORMER 2AW Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:mump: Tetsuya Endo (KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:hmmwrong: None of the Above 4 4.65%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i'm mad the poll didnt end in a 3 way tie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AYAYAYAYAYAYAY
All is right.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Judging by this forums tastes? Kenny Omega. Lil' Kazu.

Nah, the established popular champions draw backlash. It’d be Ishii or Suzuki, assuming they got a four month active run.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A few observations:

1) Seven months in and there still hasn't been a WWE champion of the month in 2020. We've now gone 15 straight months since the last time a WWE guy won the poll (Kofi in April 2019). There's a strong chance we won't have a WWE winner all year for the first time in the history of this poll.

2) With winners from five different promotions (NJPW, AEW, NOAH, SEAdLINNNG, TJPW), 2020 is tied for the most diverse field, joining 2019 (WWE, NJPW, AJPW, AEW, ROH) and 2015 (WWE, NJPW, LU, ROH, DG). With five months still to go and many companies either opening up again or planning to in the fall, will a sixth promotion join the winner's circle this year?

3) After no woman winners in 2019, we made up for lost time, to say the least. This is the first time a woman has won three straight months since Becky's 4-month streak in 2018.

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 5, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

A few observations:

1) Seven months in and there still hasn't been a WWE champion of the month in 2020. We've now gone 15 straight months since the last time a WWE guy won the poll (Kofi in April 2019). There's a strong chance we won't have a WWE winner all year for the first time in the history of this poll.

2) With winners from five different promotions (NJPW, AEW, NOAH, SEAdLINNNG, STARDOM), 2020 is tied for the most diverse field, joining 2019 (WWE, NJPW, AJPW, AEW, ROH) and 2015 (WWE, NJPW, LU, ROH, DG). With five months still to go and many companies either opening up again or planning to in the fall, will a sixth promotion join the winner's circle this year?

3) After no woman winners in 2019, we made up for lost time, to say the least. This is the first time a woman has won three straight months since Becky's 4-month streak in 2018.
Yuka Sakazaki is TJPW, but I can see STARDOM making the list this year too