Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So I've managed to Promote the Engineer and the Driller and I've started on the Gunner. The gunner's minigun feels really mediocre. I know part of that is just lacking upgrades but I feel like I'm not putting out nearly as much hurt as my Driller or Engineer, and often find myself scrambling to throw up a shield cause I'm getting overwhelmed even when I've got friendlies nearby.

Also, dumb question, the reload button makes the gunner grab and spin the barrel. I assume that doesn't actually allow you to shorten the spool-up time? EG: You see some bugs starting to burrow through the wall during a wave or you're rounding a corner you know that has enemies around it, so you spin the barrel that way instead of pressing fire to maintain speed and not potentially waste ammo. I assume this doesn't work?

This is a weird rear end wrestling game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So I've managed to Promote the Engineer and the Driller and I've started on the Gunner. The gunner's minigun feels really mediocre. I know part of that is just lacking upgrades but I feel like I'm not putting out nearly as much hurt as my Driller or Engineer, and often find myself scrambling to throw up a shield cause I'm getting overwhelmed even when I've got friendlies nearby.

Also, dumb question, the reload button makes the gunner grab and spin the barrel. I assume that doesn't actually allow you to shorten the spool-up time? EG: You see some bugs starting to burrow through the wall during a wave or you're rounding a corner you know that has enemies around it, so you spin the barrel that way instead of pressing fire to maintain speed and not potentially waste ammo. I assume this doesn't work?

the engineer screwed the engineer

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

:doh: I guess I clicked the wrong bookmark!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Ah good, the horror of SimAnt returns

There's an anti-arachnophobia setting that lets you make the spiders less spider-y if you're easily freaked out.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

watching nL's most recent HCTP stream, and I'm getting traumatic flashbacks from HHH's loving awful leglock in that game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adam Cole and Britt Baker are streaming Donkey Kong 64 https://twitch.tv/thechugs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:doh: I guess I clicked the wrong bookmark!

If it makes you feel better, I recognized that you were talking about DRG :v:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Melly is doing a trios tournament again in Fire Pro Wrestling World if you want to sign up

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ECwrZrdW9DaVX1DX2Hb1v4WkqNVt1rK4mzBmIjfnbs/edit

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I struggled to decide between "Chris Evans' Worst Nightmare" and "The Notorious Order of Wrestling Haters" but ultimately went with the latter.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

KungFu Grip posted:

Melly is doing a trios tournament again in Fire Pro Wrestling World if you want to sign up

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ECwrZrdW9DaVX1DX2Hb1v4WkqNVt1rK4mzBmIjfnbs/edit

I have entered. The average weight of my entrants is 547.25 pounds or 248.29 kilograms.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I've been having trouble with one of my uploads constantly getting taken down when I patch the mod suite even though I'm fairly sure she uses no modded content and I even took the trouble to limit her entrance ramp and sequence finish taunts to vanilla ones, but I keep having to unpatch & reupload her regardless. May have to copy her.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Maxwell Lord posted:

I've been having trouble with one of my uploads constantly getting taken down when I patch the mod suite even though I'm fairly sure she uses no modded content and I even took the trouble to limit her entrance ramp and sequence finish taunts to vanilla ones, but I keep having to unpatch & reupload her regardless. May have to copy her.

Run a modded edit report. That should tell you what the problem is (if there is one)
Can be a lot of things, like Strike exchange taunts, modded logic (the standing grapple ones) as well as custom parts or moves installed via the old modpack method.

You're not the guy who got banned from the modpack Discord today for circumventing the Mod Pack's safeguard against uploading modded edits, are you?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

Run a modded edit report. That should tell you what the problem is (if there is one)
Can be a lot of things, like Strike exchange taunts, modded logic (the standing grapple ones) as well as custom parts or moves installed via the old modpack method.

You're not the guy who got banned from the modpack Discord today for circumventing the Mod Pack's safeguard against uploading modded edits, are you?

Doesn't seem like it?

Wait a minute the Hands Gut Pose is modded, I thought that was a default option, okay this is going to take forever.

EDIT: Okay I finally found one that's kosher

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 5, 2020

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Doesn't seem like it?

Wait a minute the Hands Gut Pose is modded, I thought that was a default option, okay this is going to take forever.

EDIT: Okay I finally found one that's kosher

Modded strike exchange taunts only have one wrestler in the preview, vanilla ones have both wrestlers in the preview.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Are there a lot of mods for TEW 2020 yet? Was kinda hoping to do a real world mod of some kind.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It's getting there but a lot of them are works in progress.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Fighting Back stream this weekend, no Rumblethon but the boys are doing it with Uno and they've introduced him to parsec.

Also
https://mobile.twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/1292443715554902024

This looks kinda sorta good

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope my team of Yokozuna, Haystacks Calhoun, and Viscera (w/Cheex) faces Hulkamatt's team of Akebono, Ryota Hama, and Big Daddy V (w/Big Daddy) in the ultimate test... of the ring's structural integrity

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Testekill posted:

Fighting Back stream this weekend, no Rumblethon but the boys are doing it with Uno and they've introduced him to parsec.

Also
https://mobile.twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/1292443715554902024

This looks kinda sorta good

I just wanna blow people up again and throw people through glass! Also, do the same old cheats still work in the newer version?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

I hope it means that 20+ man battles become even crazier clusterfuck.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

excited to see all these diamond cutter mutations on next week's dynamite

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Armitage posted:

I just wanna blow people up again and throw people through glass! Also, do the same old cheats still work in the newer version?

Glass, explosions and mutilation are back in but I doubt the old cheats will work since it's going to be coming out for the Switch and probably mobile devices.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 11, 2020

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

Glass, explosions and mutilation are back in but I doubt the old cheats will work since it's going to be coming out for the Switch and probably mobile devices.

Someone said there was going to be a PC version too but I don't know if that was ever confirmed.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Someone said there was going to be a PC version too but I don't know if that was ever confirmed.

I imagine that there will be one eventually.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Has anyone put time into Journey of Wrestling? I'm watching nl play it and it looks better than TEW plus its browser based.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

Has anyone put time into Journey of Wrestling? I'm watching nl play it and it looks better than TEW plus its browser based.

I played a couple hours of 2000 WWF way back after their first video came out. It was pretty fun. Less options than TEW, for good or ill. You can play it on a phone which was nice.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

NL getting a plug for their marathon tomorrow in the Observer hell yeah

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Last day to sign up for a fire pro wrestling world trios tournament. I'll let everyone know when it goes live

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hunnert car pileup posted:

NL getting a plug for their marathon tomorrow in the Observer hell yeah
I would donate All The Money if Dave joined them for an hour

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I finally got around to picking up Fire Pro World in PS4 along with all the DLC.

Haven't done much with it other than play with Fire Promoter which is awesome.

Downloading characters is a pain in the rear end though. Who thought going to a website and subscribing was the best way to do this?

At least I figured out why some of the guys I downloaded didn't have heads.

Game is super fun despite the dumb caw download method.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The nL cancer charity stream with Evil Uno is live https://twitch.tv/newLEGACYinc

They've been going for not even 20 minutes, haven't started a game yet, and are already over $8k (over 40% of their goal)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
171% now and there's 29 hours left

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

They set a new record, over 35k

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
less than 600 away from 40k and newLegacy #JoinDarkOrder.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare: christ I took a nap right after 30k got passed

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
Just broke 43k (215%) and at 50k Mrs. Uno has promised to debut on the stream. It's now a group of 10 including Uno, Colt Cabana, and Dakota Kai all playing Fall Guys.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The day's ending with nL and Uno playing Uno with Xavier Woods, and Brodie Lee watching

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

They've made over 4k while just reading through donations, including Brodie throwing a bunch at them to keep them on stream and reading. Up over 53k total.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I think my favorite part was them trying to troubleshoot Colt through being able to play Fall Guys on his lovely Japanese controller, and then embarking on a quest to get him to survive the first round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Battlegrounds roster