Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alliance keeps making terrible plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I really thought Alliance had this game 5 in the bag, but here we are.

Iambic Pentameter
Sep 21, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNNieMfEq4A

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

love slacks

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

That's amazing. It's not his own YouTube, is rivalry a sponsor of his?

E: Laybrinth

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 1, 2020

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/1290387787422687232
it turns out that you dont even need to have an international and people will just give you shitloads of money anyway

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

awesmoe posted:

it turns out that you dont even need to have an international and people will just give you shitloads of money anyway

Counter argument: what the gently caress else am I gonna spend my money on? And you better believe I'm going to spend it on something dumb.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Somewhere in Australia

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Somewhere in Australia

lmao

awesmoe posted:

I mean, yes, if you fill the battle pass with a bunch of poo poo that I want then yes I am going to dump money into it. It's not like anyone is giving valve the money out of the goodness of their hearts, there are a lot of tangible things to get in return.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

ILL Machina posted:

Counter argument: what the gently caress else am I gonna spend my money on? And you better believe I'm going to spend it on something dumb.

word. im level 500 and i only every play against bots. doesnt get much dumber than that.

Iambic Pentameter
Sep 21, 2017

yeah, I don't think many people have ever cared about filling the prize pool or making the pro scene more sustainable, it's always been about them hats

on that note, check out my fuckin drip

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

lmao

I mean, yes, if you fill the battle pass with a bunch of poo poo that I want then yes I am going to dump money into it. It's not like anyone is giving valve the money out of the goodness of their hearts, there are a lot of tangible things to get in return.

they are in fact, intangible

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Iambic Pentameter posted:

yeah, I don't think many people have ever cared about filling the prize pool or making the pro scene more sustainable, it's always been about them hats

on that note, check out my fuckin drip

TI prize pool has never been relevant to the sustainability of the pro scene

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Up Circle posted:

they are in fact, intangible

I'm gonna quote this post and post a picture of me touching the poo poo out of my aegis when I get it three years from now

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
valve dangling skeleton king in front of the whales

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
https://twitter.com/BeyondTheSummit/status/1290694191194886145

mildly hyped

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

the best tournament of the year.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
100% agree, it's mostly just being wary of bts now

zyori rambling on about something unrelated, no dakota, bloodshitter doing anything but losing horribly, no discussion about talent and item choices

it could be really good, or it could be sorta bad

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I am extremely stoked for Bot TI and extremely more stoked for when the timestamped videos are uploaded to YT.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Zyori is just a terrible caster personal behaviour aside. He constantly says the wrong thing and then back paddles furiously when his co-caster disagrees/corrects him.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ragingsheep posted:

Zyori is just a terrible caster personal behaviour aside. He constantly says the wrong thing and then back paddles furiously when his co-caster disagrees/corrects him.

He's one of those people who have a really distinctly annoying way of talking where you could easily mimic it and it's always driven me nuts

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I haven't been able to watch DOTA since being back in the office 2+ months ago; what is new and good since then? I'm looking at the Upcoming Matches on Liqupedia and I don't even recognize like a single one of these team names. Most of the teams don't even have articles/pages saying who the hell they are :confused:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Sab669 posted:

I haven't been able to watch DOTA since being back in the office 2+ months ago; what is new and good since then? I'm looking at the Upcoming Matches on Liqupedia and I don't even recognize like a single one of these team names. Most of the teams don't even have articles/pages saying who the hell they are :confused:

dota is dead everywhere but eu because ti is never going to happen and you can not make any money in the game unless you have good ping to lux

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

violent sex idiot posted:

dota is dead everywhere but eu because ti is never going to happen and you can not make any money in the game unless you have good ping to lux

there are a bunch of tournaments happening all the time in literally every region right now. europe and china have the most money but there are definitely more or less constantly matches going on.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Matches look this way because every tournament is a regional tournament so there are lots of t3/4 teams and players in tournaments right now. the big event right now is Omega League and to a lesser extent ESL Thailand. A bunch of regions just finished some bigger regional tournaments (Great American Rivalry, DPL-CDA, Dota PIT, SEA League, etc) if you want to go check out the VODs from them.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
League is doing Worlds, in China, so there's no reason for Valve not to get TI together at this point

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Reality Protester posted:

League is doing Worlds, in China, so there's no reason for Valve not to get TI together at this point

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not so sure about that one chief

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Just because they're doing it doesn't mean it's a good idea

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Not one single reason, eh?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Red Red Blue posted:

Just because they're doing it doesn't mean it's a good idea

Zurreco posted:

Not one single reason, eh?

Seems like you guys have clearly never had an idea before............

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

There’s been some really great SEA regional tournaments I’ve watched. China’s games have been kinda whatever. I haven’t watched much of EU and NA because of my schedule but ‘dota is real dead right now’ has not exactly been true.

It’s just dead if you only follow the pro scene for ESL LANs and Majors.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Uhhhhhhhhhhh LoL

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm the level 2 Grimstroke at 8 minutes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RAPIRA

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I thought they canceled this chav csgo host for being a sexpest

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
WePlay does themed sets really drat well

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I thought they canceled this chav csgo host for being a sexpest

James Banks? He's the one that called redeye out

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Banks is a Badperson™ for pointing out that Redeye went to court for allegations of physical abuse against his wife and children.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

just tuned in and looks like weplay are knocking it out the park again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
I notice EG is listed as a Euro team. Is that just for this tournament? I guess a lot of their players are stuck in Europe anyways.