Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
carbonara for quick date night meal

French onion soup for date night meal to drink a few bottles of wine while cooking

pasta puttanesca for slutty date night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
date night cheesesteaks and chili fries

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
im saving the cheesesteak for my lungs, tyvm

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I am getting really good at lentil curry, thanks Rona thread.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
when they put the tube in me for the cheesesteak lungs, i want cheez-whiz flowing down it

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Also, covid brain just made me kind of bomb the interview of my life, or at least part of it. a team of industry rockstars.

The scripted-out portion where I described my a bunch of work specifics I took time to remember beforehand went fine.

Then it got to the part of them asking questions outside of that narrow scope. That transition felt like a big crash. I had to quickly recall pre-covid information about my projects I hadn't thought about in a year, so my brain just shut down.

The sudden realization that the big project I was last doing wasn't so recent anymore. Months of watching the world burn had passed in between.

i was telling some story and building up to tell them about all these industry lessons I had learned form it. But in a sudden moment, the details seemed too distant to even recall them, sending me into a dissociative event in the middle of the interview. i left that question unanswered. blamed it on lockdown. lmao

they're the types of folks who have had their heads buried in their work and their community engagement the whole year, and wouldn't look up to notice if the world ended around them

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mod sassinator posted:

when they put the tube in me for the cheesesteak lungs, i want cheez-whiz flowing down it
very thoughtful of you to help prepare the doctor's dinner for him. he aint got time for things like condiments

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
as I typed that someone's coughing loudly on the sidewalk outside

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Soap Scum posted:

massman curry (and other thai curries) are generally coconut "milk" based, which is not milk at all. give one a try? i believe a good handful of indian curries are also tomato based and have optional milk/cream you can add, but you can either skip or replace that

go right to Ethiopian wats; half their cuisine is vegan because they take Christian doctrine of abstaining from meat seriously and do it >200 days out of the year

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

succ

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I just got some nice tomatos in my farmers market delivery box thingy and im torn between cooking them into something and just eating slices.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

I just got some nice tomatos in my farmers market delivery box thingy and im torn between cooking them into something and just eating slices.

do both duh

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

silicone thrills posted:

eat good tomatoes, cook bad tomatoes

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

silicone thrills posted:

Slice em up, lil salt, lil sugar.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

silicone thrills posted:

farmers market delivery box thingy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i get all my food delivered in a f4m3rz market f4t4l1ty lootcrate and i do an unboxing video for all my fams, they're just out of frame, drooling in awe as i slice open my 'crate. and my hand

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Our tomato plants are set to go full ham and I am incredibly excited because I did not want tomatoes, but I did want ham.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
oh man the ham tomato is a wonderful variety

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

bearded clams

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Love a good Porkchop Tomato, superior to the Beefsteak Tomato.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Fix posted:

Our tomato plants are set to go full ham and I am incredibly excited because I did not want tomatoes, but I did want ham.

have you tried planting ham

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Beefsteak thinks they've got the meat fruit market cornered, but they aint got poo poo on our roma ham.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Noice, I'm having an irregular heartbeat after starting new blood pressure meds. Went to make an emergency doc appointment at my clinic and they're only doing video and phone appointments with Medicare card required due to the strict lockdown. I don't have Medicare in Australia.

I could be one of those collateral damage non-covid fatalities woo. Almost made it to my grandpa's age before he died of a heart attack (44).

Confirmed by doctor, irregular heartbeat and have to see a cardiologist across town by public transit in the middle of a plague asap. Not only life threatening but could make it impossible to renew my visa in 2023. What a loving poo poo sandwich 2020 has been.

Doc doesn't think it's the new blood pressure meds but it seems awfully coincidental.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DarkEuphoria posted:

have you tried planting ham

I think that's how you get Orcs.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

You know what? On reflection of the day's events, I think I got permission, if not even instruction from the wife, to piss into the compost bin.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
this is all basically the plot of Dragons Love Tacos 2: The Sequel

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fosborb posted:

this is all basically the plot of Dragons Love Tacos 2: The Sequel

I'm gonna assume that was directed at me.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

Fix posted:

You know what? On reflection of the day's events, I think I got permission, if not even instruction from the wife, to piss into the compost bin.

pissing into the compost gives nutrients to the soil, or so Ive heard.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

piss is high in nitrogen

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Spectral Debt posted:

pissing into the compost gives nutrients to the soil, or so Ive heard.

Nitrogen. I distinctly heard "you ?shouldn't? piss directly on the tomatoes."

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
is it a problem if your pee has asparagusic acid in it? what i'm saying is, do you have to watch your diet before you pee into your compost bin? is your pee not high quality enough

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

She's been this budding urban farmer for years and only now I learn that I could have been pissing in my yard for the last decade and getting credit for it.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Xaris posted:

i get all my food delivered in a f4m3rz market f4t4l1ty lootcrate and i do an unboxing video for all my fams, they're just out of frame, drooling in awe as i slice open my 'crate. and my hand

This covidailure doesn't know about CSA delivery now in the time of the plague lmao bad look kid

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fosborb posted:

is it a problem if your pee has asparagusic acid in it? what i'm saying is, do you have to watch your diet before you pee into your compost bin? is your pee not high quality enough

I largely piss scotch.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

I ordered a bunch of produce direct from a farmer. Sorry. Pretty feverish and lovely feeling rn.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DarkEuphoria posted:

triggering the libs by not washing the box of my curry pizza

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

if you're gonna use piss on your tomatoes you gotta mix it with something i dunno what tho

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Fix posted:

She's been this budding urban farmer for years and only now I learn that I could have been pissing in my yard for the last decade and getting credit for it.

how many chickens do you have, and if you dont have chickens, boy do i have the best anniversary-in-quarantine gift idea for you

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BeefThief posted:

if you're gonna use piss on your tomatoes you gotta mix it with something i dunno what tho

Tomatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fosborb posted:

how many chickens do you have, and if you dont have chickens, boy do i have the best anniversary-in-quarantine gift idea for you

Not a one. We had ducks until the raccoons found them.