Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Also, from-home-stream starting in 4 minutes. Watch 30 minutes and you get a Khora part blueprint. I can't remember which one though lol

e: neuroptics, and it's not a blueprint, it's fully built

https://twitch.tv/warframe

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Also, for anyone looking to crack open Steel Path, I highly recommend Baruuk and Hildryn.

Baruuk takes more forma investment, but the payoff is that you loving OBLITERATE everything while being nigh-unkillable. Alternatively, Hildryn is basically as unkillable as Inaros, but with useful abilities (she can strip a ton of armor and shields) and good augments (and her overshields give her a form of status immunity, while her 2 wipes status effects from her and allies).

Those two carried me through the vast majority of SP with ease. They're hyper strong when built right, and neither one needs Arcanes to function properly (though they do help).

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 4, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Vargs posted:

So AoE weapons are actually good again now? That was one of the main things putting me off from getting back into Warframe awhile ago. I pretty much only use weird guns since poo poo like "basic assault rifle" bores me to death, so when I heard that stuff like my Lenz/Staticor/Zarr/Opticor were now garbage I wanted nothing to do with the game.

Yes, absolutely. The Kuva Bramma (even after the nerf) and the Kuva Ogris are among the best-performing weapons in the game now, although the latter leans pretty hard on Nightwatch Napalm.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah absolutely get on the platform streams this week, getting even 1 or 2 full Khora parts is a massive grind skipped.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gonkish posted:

Also, for anyone looking to crack open Steel Path, I highly recommend Baruuk and Hildryn.

Baruuk takes more forma investment, but the payoff is that you loving OBLITERATE everything while being nigh-unkillable. Alternatively, Hildryn is basically as unkillable as Inaros, but with useful abilities (she can strip a ton of armor and shields) and good augments (and her overshields give her status immunity).

Those two carried me through the vast majority of SP with ease. They're hyper strong when built right, and neither one needs Arcanes to function properly (though they do help).

Hildryn is on my list of frames to Build Right after I get done with Valkyr, so a build to go off of would be ace.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yes, absolutely. The Kuva Bramma (even after the nerf) and the Kuva Ogris are among the best-performing weapons in the game now, although the latter leans pretty hard on Nightwatch Napalm.

Oh yeah that's one of the annoying things about all of the AoE weapon changes, the Bramma was seemingly the last straw before they decided to do the rework, but after it all the Bramma is still way better than almost every other AoE weapon lol

And the best part about the Kuva Ogris is that it's semi-auto like it was when the regular Ogris was bugged for a few days. Now if only they would give us an Arca Plasmor with bouncing bullets again.....

njsykora posted:

Yeah absolutely get on the platform streams this week, getting even 1 or 2 full Khora parts is a massive grind skipped.

I only wish there was a fourth stream for the BP itself, that's still a Rotation C drop so you won't be able to skip the grind entirely.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 4, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Can I just say that distributing important items by way of opening a browser tab for 30 minutes is loving stupid

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
It's cool to get free stuff of course, and them being built means you can skip the resources, but the BP /SYS are far and away the most likely piece you will curse god trying to farm specifically.

'nearly guaranteed ' 64 ± 19 C Rotations
pubs generally bail before C, also.
maybe an uptick right now?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Dareon posted:

Why the hate for my dapper one-trick pony?

Nah, gotta be honest, once I get past the initial novelty of his gimmick, he's not much beyond his ult. His 2 is handy within the context of "things in my bubble are still alive" but I have no idea what his 3 is supposed to do and if his 1 doesn't kill things, I need to go bat cleanup in the rift.

Enemies that you hit with your 3 in the rift plane get Surged. If a Surged enemy exits the rift plane, they pop off and everyone in the material plane is banished. They take some damage as well but it's small and can't be boosted I don't think. If a Surged enemy dies in the rift plane, they pass that surge to some one nearby who is outside the rift plane.

Basically you cast his 3 on people right at the edge of your bubble and as it shrinks they'll explode and banish everyone outside the bubble around them. It doesn't really do good damage, but it's a way to expand your bubble's sphere of influence with the added bonus("bonus") that banished enemies stay in the limbo dimension even if they're not in the bubble. Is it worth doing? Eh. Might as well use your energy for something I guess.

edit: You could also use it to drag groups of enemies into the rift plane without risking yourself, so long as you've already got one person banished. Hit them with the surge > banish them > they explode > dudes delivered straight to your door.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 4, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BMan posted:

Can I just say that distributing important items by way of opening a browser tab for 30 minutes is loving stupid

This isn't an important item, its just a nice thing to have. The only major grind you're skipping is the cat jizz, but since they haven't said how that's getting handled once the Derelict goes away that might get a bit easier in future as well.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

dragonshardz posted:

Hildryn is on my list of frames to Build Right after I get done with Valkyr, so a build to go off of would be ace.

This is mine:

Primed Vigor is more me experimenting/wanting a bit more health just as insurance than anything. I should probably swap it for Umbral Intensify, since Hildy loves her some strength. That build is around 72% armor/shield strip right now, if I'm not mistaken. Strength with a bit of range, Blazing Pillage (for even more armor stripping thanks to the heat proc, plus extra shield regen), and then as much shield capacity as possible.

Aegis for shield regen (doesn't regen overshields), Avenger because it's amazing.

Balefires spam build. As much damage as possible. No charging.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

dragonshardz posted:

This is my Steel-Path Hildryn. I don't bother with 1 or 4. P sure footed so I can actually have fun with AoE weapons and so I don't get chain-dragged by scorpions/ancients.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Vargs posted:

So AoE weapons are actually good again now? That was one of the main things putting me off from getting back into Warframe awhile ago. I pretty much only use weird guns since poo poo like "basic assault rifle" bores me to death, so when I heard that stuff like my Lenz/Staticor/Zarr/Opticor were now garbage I wanted nothing to do with the game.

Chaining beam weapons are almost the same effect w/o the stagger issue. The kuva nukor, in particular, is excellent.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

oh god all these new frames fff

e: I'm just gonna assume Ember is still not great and then I'll play her anyway

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Ember has a bunch of cool stuff. She doesn't do what she used to, mostly.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

njsykora posted:

This isn't an important item, its just a nice thing to have. The only major grind you're skipping is the cat jizz, but since they haven't said how that's getting handled once the Derelict goes away that might get a bit easier in future as well.

We can only hope. :pray: :cabot:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ember is really loving good after her rework

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

ember is really loving good after her rework

Oh thank God. The meteor thing looked dope and I see she can strip armor which I'm just gonna go out on a limb and assume is still amazing.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

BMan posted:

Yeah, it is.

But I'll take Khora parts any which way they give them. Some grinds I just don't want to repeat on PC after having done them on Switch once and Khora is smack in the middle of that set.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

S.J. posted:

Oh thank God. The meteor thing looked dope and I see she can strip armor which I'm just gonna go out on a limb and assume is still amazing.
She got armor strip and can be reasonably tanky with her 2. Meteors rule, are somehow more explode-y than old WoF, and they also have an augment that generates more energy orbs than a pocket trinity.

The only better rework i can think of was probably wuking, and thats mostly because old wukong was a literal joke.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gonkish posted:

Baruuk takes more forma investment, but the payoff is that you loving OBLITERATE everything while being nigh-unkillable. Alternatively, Hildryn is basically as unkillable as Inaros, but with useful abilities (she can strip a ton of armor and shields) and good augments (and her overshields give her a form of status immunity, while her 2 wipes status effects from her and allies).

Hildryn is absurdly underrated, her only weakness now that Blazing Pillage exists is fashionframe

S.J.
May 19, 2008

RoadCrewWorker posted:

She got armor strip and can be reasonably tanky with her 2. Meteors rule, are somehow more explode-y than old WoF, and they also have an augment that generates more energy orbs than a pocket trinity.

The only better rework i can think of was probably wuking, and thats mostly because old wukong was a literal joke.

Oh poo poo yeah, Wukong was absolutely miserable to max out.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thanks for the big post on Zaws, TheParadigm. Very helpful stuff! :)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Vargs posted:

Basically, consider old guns with AoEs.

Did they use to deal self-damage in the past? Previously they were balanced around having huge damage numbers. Now, they are just as strong as before, but you can completely ignore the self-stagger using warframe abilities. Now they are stronger than ever. My current fave is Kuva Ogris on Gauss, just running around spraying rockets everywhere.

DId they used to not deal self-damage? Previously, they had less damage than the first set of weapons, and you could use them by clicking on the ground next to you. Now, this is no longer an option unless you have a self-stagger-ignoring ability. These weapons therefore received a relative nerf. Examples of this are Astilla and Staticor.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

any tips for steel path lephantis, just timed out fighting him lol

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Guilty and I did Nova and Titania and it worked well.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

If anyone in this thread wants any of these Rivens, they're free for the asking.

Anshu fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 5, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

smallmouth posted:

Guilty and I did Nova and Titania and it worked well.

yeah I'm seeing a lot of titania suggestions, I'll get to modding mine

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Thanks for the big post on Zaws, TheParadigm. Very helpful stuff! :)

You're welcome It was fun writing it.! I put off zaws way later than I should have (syndicates too) and didn't want anyone to relive my mistakes.

I'd urge anyone interested in fine-tuning zaws to browse stances available to the 1h vs 2h options. Anything that spits out procs automatically is great; forced procs for melee stances work like hunter munitions and key off total damage.

A good example of this is, say, a Kronsh polearm doing primarly impact damage doing huge stacks of slash procs due to Twirling Spire doing a 300% damage auto slash and a 200% damage auto slash on the first hit of the basic combo.

Similiarly the Nikana heavy attack? 5x and autoslash, 2 hits.
It was 10x before melee 3.0

Babe Magnet posted:

any tips for steel path lephantis, just timed out fighting him lol

did him yesterday.
Pack a team with corrossive projection and armor strip. He's just stupid dumb tough for whatever awful reason

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Lephantis has a unique or nearly-unique form of damage gating that strongly favors high rate of fire over large single hits. Either bring Titania (her exalted weapon is a bullet hose) or a frame with a RoF buff (Wisp, Harrow, etc.) Both would be even better.

Also, Lephantis's heads can be slowed using Zenurik's charged blast, which gives you way more time to shoot the weak point before it closes up again.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The Zenurik rear end clap is very useful for burning down Steel Path Lephantis, but against regular star chart Lephantis, this actually slows down the fight as then it takes ages for the head to play the death animation.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
You can cancel the long self stagger by jumping. I recently started using it but only for the long flip stagger effect.

I'm not grinding out a single frame until I see the abilities. That said, I've grinded them all in the past, I can do it again.

temple fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 5, 2020

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My approach for grinding frames is to go gosh, that looks like a hassle. Then it turns out they have a prime frame, I'm cracking lovely relics for traces, someone gets a rare drop and all of a sudden I have all the parts. Or its nidus and I just paid cash money

Titania p is out the oven tomorrow using this technique

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Wait they buffed Gara's beautiful boy even more? My god. I love you DE

No, they made it so it staggers you if you shoot at something that is close to you, it ruins the gun for me.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

So am I right to think that Protea favors duration in her builds? Seems like the turret is the big damage option and it wants to be out as long as possible for the combo multiplier on shooting things. Also lets the dispenser stay out forever.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So am I right to think that Protea favors duration in her builds? Seems like the turret is the big damage option and it wants to be out as long as possible for the combo multiplier on shooting things. Also lets the dispenser stay out forever.

Duration is good, but strength is also important. Someone earlier posted an amazing grenade spam build that outperforms turrets, and is useful at high levels. Locks down entire maps and is super mobile

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Speaking of putting off content after 1377hrs I figured it was time to learn and build an Amp.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Anshu posted:

If anyone in this thread wants any of these Rivens, they're free for the asking.

That chakurrs probably worth around 300-400p btw, it's a banger of a kuva weapon. More if you get some godroll like these https://warframe.market/auctions/search?type=riven&weapon_url_name=kuva_chakkhurr&polarity=any&sort_by=price_desc

I'm not into trading rivens myself and already got a decent chakurr roll that made me love the gun (even more), just thought i'd point it out.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Aug 5, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, I'd certainly take that off your hands, but if you can be assed at all to interact with the Riven market, that's probably the one to go for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Wait they buffed Gara's beautiful boy even more? My god. I love you DE

I still remember the primary update where they buffed the Prisma Grakata by 3 damage.

turns out an extra 3 damage is an extra 25% overall :unsmigghh: