Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I feel like the AFL might’ve missed a trick if they were hoping that standing a journalist down would smooth over the whole incident and sweep it under the rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

gay picnic defence posted:

I feel like the AFL might’ve missed a trick if they were hoping that standing a journalist down would smooth over the whole incident and sweep it under the rug.

The AFL make a stupid, knee-jerk, counter-productive move designed to save their own hides?

That's unpossible!

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

drunkill posted:

Day 1 of AFLW trade period

I'm nervous.

I'm so out of touch with footy I didn't even realise this was happening. How long does it last?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

cmndstab posted:

I'm so out of touch with footy I didn't even realise this was happening. How long does it last?

2 weeks afaik

First trade is in. Hosking for pick 9

https://twitter.com/carltonfc_w/status/1290131616468054016?s=19

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Brisbane on track to 'beat' their QF scoreline from last year.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I guess the MRO doesn't deem the head sacrosanct anymore.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I don't understand how Walker can take and hold the clear mark, then a second later a fist to the face, and only receive a high contact free

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Retire Tex after his 200th.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Melbourne back to exactly 100.0 percentage after a week off

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Halftime kidnapped the Crows
3/4 time buried them.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Adelaide really should give Jordon Butts a game because they're very stinky

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/FAKE_FOOTY/status/1291270280803803136

:hmmyes:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Clarko has just had an aneurysm at that massive dive by Papley.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I reckon he’d be feeling pretty vindicated, really

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

realbez posted:

I reckon he’d be feeling pretty vindicated, really

Pretty much, that was a shameless flop. Can you still be reported for staging?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can get fined, yeah, but it’s so rare. The dive has to be particularly egregious.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/1116sen/status/1291309805731078145?s=20

Lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Come on Saints finish this one off.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jesus loving christ, Quaynors shin :ohdear:

doesn't help that the AFL media team decided to post an enlarged photo of it on twitter, with just text above the image saying: "spoiler this contains graphic content" whilst fully displaying the photo straight in your face.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
absolute dogshit free, King was loving in front you're allowed to make body contact

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Almost Suns, almost.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
BUTLERRR!!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Dew is about to explode

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
YOU FUCKEN SAINTERS!!!

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Hunter Clark

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

boy undead posted:

Hunter Clark

He and Coffield have taken huge steps up this year. Such impressive composure under pressure.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Every Saints/Suns games brings me one step closer to a heart attack.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EevScP0UMAEbw6L?format=jpg&name=small

That'll do it

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Tis a mighty fine photoshop english but tis no pool.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

From the swans instagram (apparently) not shopped.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's not shopped, there's multiple photos of him with rugby forward cleats in his boots

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Apparently they aren’t illegal and other players use them

I say again: what the gently caress?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

From the swans instagram (apparently) not shopped.

If not a Photoshop, its some sort of artefact of the photo.

Same boots below.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Think I found a glitch in the matrix, all Saints vs Suns games are the loving same

2020 Round 10 Saints 78 - Suns 74
2019 Round 13 Saints 80 - Suns 76
2019 Round 1 Saints 85 - Suns 84
2018 Round 13 Saints 80 - Suns 78

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Think I found a glitch in the matrix, all Saints vs Suns games are the loving same

2020 Round 10 Saints 78 - Suns 74
2019 Round 13 Saints 80 - Suns 76
2019 Round 1 Saints 85 - Suns 84
2018 Round 13 Saints 80 - Suns 78

The broadcast made that comment at halftime or three-quarter time, yeah. Last four matches all inside one goal (and for the Saints to boot).

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/deano_mck05/status/1290613740203675648

Hugh Riminton: “Sadly an off-field matter if you don’t mind taking a question on it. Are you aware of what appears to be an indecent assault against one of your players by another one of your players in the rooms, in fact there were two incidents, after the game against Brisbane and the other the week before against the Western Bulldogs, do you have any knowledge of these things?

Damien Hardwick: “No mate. I appreciate your time but let’s talk about the game. Thank you.

Riminton: “I’m going to put these questions to you, because I have two criminal lawyers who have said they have looked at this vision and they say there has clearly been a sexual assault taking place. It’s a breach of the criminal law at state and Commonwealth level. It’s a breach of the AFL code of conduct, the player’s code of conduct, of the member’s protection policy statement, it is on camera, we have received no complaint from any player, but it’s clearly on camera, it has been discussed on social media, and I want to know are you going to take it upon yourself if you haven’t already to investigate what appears to be a crime between two of your players?”

Jaimee Damon (Tigers media): “We actually have no knowledge of that, it’s the first we’ve heard about it, so thank you for the question but we have to move on.”

Riminton: “So from the coach, the answer is, let’s be clear, you have no knowledge of this taking place, even though it’s freely on social media, you have no knowledge of this at all?” Hardwick: “That’s correct, thank you and we’ll move on.”

Riminton: “There will be questions on it at a higher level and, you are aware of them now. If it turns out to be a matter of horseplay, captured on camera is Nick Vlaustin putting his finger up the anus of Mabior Chol, he reacts in a way that plainly indicates he wasn’t expecting such an action. He also has his genitals grabbed three times by Vlaustin, after the Bulldogs game he has his genitals grabbed by Jayden Short, the question to you is, if this is horseplay, are all premiership players within Richmond expected to tolerate fingers going up their anuses, or is it just the black players?”

Hardwick: “Thanks for your questions Hugh but we’ll move on from that.” After a series of football questions, about three minutes worth, Riminton came in again. “A football question, are you expecting Nick Vlaustin, Jayden Short and Mabior Chol all to be available and playing in your next game?”

Hardwick: “I’ve been very patient.” Riminton: “It’s a football question, are you expecting them all to be playing in your next game?”

Hardwick: “Thanks guys.”

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Boys will be boys, circle the wagons, outsiders don't understand

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also less sexual assaulty news

quote:

Adelaide has secured GWS defender Lisa Whiteley and Pick 25 in a three-team trade that also included Melbourne.

The South Australian native, along with the Pick 25, have been dealt to the Crows in exchange for Picks 20 and 42.

In full, the trade went as follows:

GWS acquire Katherine Smith and Pick 29 from Melbourne, along with Pick 42 from Adelaide
Adelaide acquire Whiteley and Pick 25 from GWS
Melbourne acquire Pick 20 from Adelaide and Pick 39 from GWS

quote:

Western Bulldogs midfielder Hannah Munyard will return home to South Australia after a year in Melbourne.

Adelaide secured the 19-year-old, along with Pick 45, in a three-team deal that also involved Collingwood.

In full, the trade went as follows:

Adelaide acquire Munyard from the Western Bulldogs and Pick 45 from Collingwood
Collingwood acquire Pick 33 from the Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs acquire Pick 25 from Adelaide and Katie Lynch from Collingwood

quote:

Adelaide co-captain Erin Phillips has signed a one-year contract extension at West Lakes.

The two-time premiership captain and two-time AFLW best and fairest winner announced her decision on Friday.

Phillips was one of nine Crows to sign on for at least another year.

“I love the Club, I love my teammates, it’s my second family,” Phillips told AFC Media.

“2020 wasn’t the greatest season for us, but I’m excited for a fresh start and to come into the 2021 season injury free.

“My kids are so excited to be staying, to be able to spend more time with the girls, who they love.

“There’s no better people to bring up my kids around than the girls at the Crows.”

Phillips said she didn’t once consider retiring ahead of the 2021 season.

“It didn’t sit right to be honest,” she said.

“I felt it would have been a premature end for everyone and it wasn’t something I felt ready to do.

“I go into every season now year by year, playing each one like it’s my last. I’m really excited about this one.”

The full list includes:

Ailish Considine
Chelsea Biddell
Erin Phillips
Hannah Button
Maddi Newman
Renee Forth
Montana McKinnon
Rhiannon Metcalfe
Caitlin Gould

More re-signings will be announced next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Vlaustin sure has a schoolboy crush on Chol that’s not reciprocated