Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Defenestrategy posted:

Do contract-to-hire workers generally get bennies? I always understood it as

Unfortunately Comptia got their hooks on the industry, as I understand if I wanna move laterally from my position in IT to Cybersec*, I have to go get a Sec+** because I'd be working on DoD related contracts with a clearance required. So if you wanna work info sec in DoD land you're forced to do that.

*Note I wouldn't do this, because as far as I can tell our cybersec guys don't do much besides look at regs nods sagely and say yes/no to ideas and don't actually comprehend what the regs are actually saying.

** per DoD-Directive 8140/8570;

[

What does this mean? That you get hired, and tell them you want new years, xmas, hannukah, 4th of july, and MLK day off and if for what ever reason someone arbitrarily denies you those vacation days they just count as non-pto and you don't get paid? That's shady and hosed, I hope that's not common.

Much like civil engineers, computer touchers for some reason trend towards the "WHY DO WE NEED A UNION? WERE EDUCATED SKILLED WORKERS THE PAY CEILING WILL GO UP UP UP"

Sec+ is a minimum required for any computer janitor job with the DoD, and didn’t you got fired for not having one?

It’s also a dead loving simple test that unless you are brain dead you should be able to pass without much study. That said outside of that all of the Comptia certs are garbage.

CISSP if you want to go towards a management track, and CEH, if you want to get a nifty one. Both are vastly more expensive tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Gabriel S. posted:

In my opinion, even the most remote least expensive area in the United States I would expect any IT Position to pay at a minimum $40k/y.

i wish i got paid 40k/yr with 3 years of experaince and ccna.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

wargames posted:

i wish i got paid 40k/yr with 3 years of experaince and ccna.

Need to be like larches and move. Unfortunately. I made 33.6k as my first IT job in 2003.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

GreenNight posted:

Need to be like larches and move. Unfortunately. I made 33.6k as my first IT job in 2003.

i am terrible at interviews and looking for a new job.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Anyone here working as an SRE? I’ve been a system admin working alongside a dev team for a little while now and I feel like this is the next step for me. There’s no real place to go up aside from management at my current place unfortunately.

If anyone can provide some insight, what does your day-to-day look like?

I’ve been called an SRE, and the day to day depends on the skillset as well as internal politics. Almost all places say they want a full stack coder to come and be able to shore up code, as well as write tooling. In reality I act more as a consulting engineer to teams that need expertise in something I know about(in my case cloud poo poo and k8s), and help them ad hoc. I do very very little coding day to day. This is a digression but I feel strongly about it: Unless your company has several hundred coders, I think it’s a huge mistake to build custom tooling because turnover is too high and having someone maintain all that is not worth it. In every place I’ve worked there have been 2-3 custom coded tools that act as an anchor to the rest of the org.

Usually the division of labor is that they write most of the core app code, tests, and stuff like db migrations, and I provide frameworks or examples for them to copy from for CI/CD and deployment patterns from. I like the other poster also spend a fair bit of time troubleshooting and digging into issues.

My day to day is meetings now, but that’s because I am a director level IC.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I was in a Zoom meeting with my boss, our director, and a new site that we are about to support and my cat decides to jump up in my lap and start begging for pets. At least it broke up the monotony of the meeting.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

TheParadigm posted:

Is it a common practice to uh, give vacation days up front (5/annual accrued) and have them be paid back to the company if you don't earn them?

I think this just means that if you start halfway through your holiday year and use all your pro-rated holiday up in three months and then quit, they would expect to be paid back for the holiday you didn't accrue yet. You could probably opt to just accrue them if you preferred, but you'd then have to wait before you could take time off.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

freeasinbeer posted:

I’ve been called an SRE, and the day to day depends on the skillset as well as internal politics. Almost all places say they want a full stack coder to come and be able to shore up code, as well as write tooling. In reality I act more as a consulting engineer to teams that need expertise in something I know about(in my case cloud poo poo and k8s), and help them ad hoc. I do very very little coding day to day. This is a digression but I feel strongly about it: Unless your company has several hundred coders, I think it’s a huge mistake to build custom tooling because turnover is too high and having someone maintain all that is not worth it. In every place I’ve worked there have been 2-3 custom coded tools that act as an anchor to the rest of the org.

Usually the division of labor is that they write most of the core app code, tests, and stuff like db migrations, and I provide frameworks or examples for them to copy from for CI/CD and deployment patterns from. I like the other poster also spend a fair bit of time troubleshooting and digging into issues.

If devs are going to sit in your interviews and be involved in the hiring process, they are going to want to hire a dev full stop. No group is more incapable of understanding roles outside their own then the devs. Its kind of frustrating really.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
We have Linux Academy at work for training. It's an enterprise license, and I just got access to it last week. While discussing something unrelated, my boss mentioned "remember, Linux Academy should only be used in your free time."

This is 100% license to laugh internally and schedule training time during normal workday downtime, right?

Zotix posted:

Has anyone had experience with TekSystems? From what I've read they are a contracting company that looks to place you into a job. The company pays Tek say $45. Tek gets $15, the recruiter gets $15, and you get $15. Something along those lines. I've read good things and bad things about them, but I'm wondering if any of you have worked first hand with them. A recruiter just sent me a message and I'm interested in hearing them out tomorrow. At the worst I can get some experience interviewing and resume assistance I suppose.

Also I provide assistance in my current meager MSP job to law firms. The secretarial assistants and paralegals get worked to death and are generally nice, but fearful of attorneys and partners. Most attorneys and partners are generally nice, but if they are pricks it's exponentially worse the higher up they are. Most don't have the time for any troubleshooting. If they get 5 minutes to attempt to get their tech issues sorted, they generally want it fixed in those 5 minutes. Also, they work every day of the year. It is literally go go go constantly for everyone in the legal industry. It seems like an awful lifestyle and work life balance, but that's just what I've gathered on the phones from 9 months of MSP work. I assist with a few different firms and the culture of the internal IT teams seems to vary depending on the culture of that firm. One just seems absolutely awful, and the other two seem like the staff is pretty chill.

I was placed by TekSystems twice in my career, but a long time ago. In 2004 they were my first ever job, a contract-to-hire at a product support helpdesk. It went perm. When I was looking for another job they placed me at another CTH role, but towards the end of the contract the client wanted to change my schedule from M-F 8-5 to some cockamamie crap where I'd work weekends and have two days off during the week other than Mon or Fri. Not TekSystems' fault.

My recruiters were always happy to talk with me even after placement, answering questions, advocating to get the perm conversion, etc.

I have no complaints about them from my time with them; they had health/dental/vision and 401k for their people. It was reasonably priced enough for the time but I don't know how much it runs these days or if the Obamacare exchanges are better.

MJP fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 5, 2020

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

MJP posted:

We have Linux Academy at work for training. It's an enterprise license, and I just got access to it last week. While discussing something unrelated, my boss mentioned "remember, Linux Academy should only be used in your free time."

This is 100% license to laugh internally and schedule training time during normal workday downtime, right?

Your boss is a gigantic idiot. Yes, train on company time with company resources because that is why the resources were bought.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

MJP posted:

Totally.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Is there a tool, 1st party or 3rd party, that is better than O365's track and trace? Not being able to search by subject, not content, not being able to see the message header, and a bunch of other garbage are finally getting annoying enough to do something about it. I'm looking at using eDiscovery for email searching instead, but I wanted to see what other folks think.

Honestly, the message tracing and anti-spam stuff is so bad in O365 I'm just constantly amazed. Give me Mimecast any day of the week.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

eDiscovery via powershell
And/or
ingest your o365 audit logs into azure log analytics
iirc, you get those for free

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

Is there a tool, 1st party or 3rd party, that is better than O365's track and trace? Not being able to search by subject, not content, not being able to see the message header, and a bunch of other garbage are finally getting annoying enough to do something about it. I'm looking at using eDiscovery for email searching instead, but I wanted to see what other folks think.

Honestly, the message tracing and anti-spam stuff is so bad in O365 I'm just constantly amazed. Give me Mimecast any day of the week.

https://protection.office.com/ and using the content search allows you to search by everything you just mentioned.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sickening posted:

https://protection.office.com/ and using the content search allows you to search by everything you just mentioned.

I’ve found trying to actually do stuff in the ui there to be a total nightmare.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The Fool posted:

And/or

yeah....

Sickening posted:

Oh, this may be it. It's basically a simplified version of the eDiscovery GUI. Thank you!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The Fool posted:

And/or

Technically your log analytics accounts are going to cost something because at its core its a storage account unless I that information is excluded from usage costs by azure.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

yeah....

Oh, this may be it. It's basically a simplified version of the eDiscovery GUI. Thank you!

I use content searches in two ways. The first is that I use a content search for search and destroy for bad email campaigns. I don't really need to export the searches but then I will just do a delete based on a search.

#connect to the Security & Compliance Service
$UserCredential = Get-Credential
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.compliance.protection.outlook.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Import-PSSession $Session -DisableNameChecking

#Delete email based on a content search
New-ComplianceSearchAction -SearchName "whatever you named the search" -StatusMailRecipients myemailaddress@whatever.com -force -Purge -PurgeType SoftDelete

The second thing is just investigations in general. Generally if you just want to search and preview items , its fairly painless except for the search times. Narrow your searches as best you can. Exporting is quite a pain but its mostly that way to preserve chain of custody. Be advised that if you are using an elevated, unlicensed account that some of the export stuff won't work as it will want to email your elevated account an email. You will have to license it first.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sickening posted:

Technically your log analytics accounts are going to cost something because at its core its a storage account unless I that information is excluded from usage costs by azure.

There are a few things that are exempt from storage costs in Log Analytics, yeah.

Sickening posted:

I use content searches in two ways. The first is that I use a content search for search and destroy for bad email campaigns. I don't really need to export the searches but then I will just do a delete based on a search.

#connect to the Security & Compliance Service
$UserCredential = Get-Credential
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.compliance.protection.outlook.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Import-PSSession $Session -DisableNameChecking

#Delete email based on a content search
New-ComplianceSearchAction -SearchName "whatever you named the search" -StatusMailRecipients myemailaddress@whatever.com -force -Purge -PurgeType SoftDelete

The second thing is just investigations in general. Generally if you just want to search and preview items , its fairly painless except for the search times. Narrow your searches as best you can. Exporting is quite a pain but its mostly that way to preserve chain of custody. Be advised that if you are using an elevated, unlicensed account that some of the export stuff won't work as it will want to email your elevated account an email. You will have to license it first.

The problem here is that the people who need to use this aren't going to use Powershell, inclduing the CIO. Why is the CIO messing around with this stuff? See previous complaints about spam filtering. Somehow this is a good use of everyone's time.

On the content search, if I am searching for an email in the GUI it does not show easily who it was sent to without exporting that data.

So we're kinda back to "why doesn't Microsoft provide basic tools that were available in Exchange 5.5 in one of their flagship products"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sickening posted:

Log analytics bills for ingestion and retention. I’m pretty sure you can ingest o365 logs for free, and you get 30 days (90 days if you have sentinel) retention for free.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The Fool posted:

Log analytics bills for ingestion and retention. I’m pretty sure you can ingest o365 logs for free, and you get 30 days (90 days if you have sentinel) retention for free.

It must be the o365 being excluded for usage. I use these log analytics things for frontline azure alerts and it does cost something every month. We aren't even doing retention beyond 30 days. I am pretty sure the total bill was like $2.30 for the month.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

There are a few things that are exempt from storage costs in Log Analytics, yeah.

The problem here is that the people who need to use this aren't going to use Powershell, inclduing the CIO. Why is the CIO messing around with this stuff? See previous complaints about spam filtering. Somehow this is a good use of everyone's time.

On the content search, if I am searching for an email in the GUI it does not show easily who it was sent to without exporting that data.

So we're kinda back to "why doesn't Microsoft provide basic tools that were available in Exchange 5.5 in one of their flagship products"

Putting a good GUI to the services isn't something they have been very strong with basically ever. I would actually be a little skeptical that any 3rd party service out there would be easy enough for a CIO to click around in, but that is a very interesting challenge to tackle. I can't advise managing office 365 outside of powershell for basically anything.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Zotix posted:

Jesus. I set my online profiles to be open to recruiters and it's like 20 different recruiters trying to get people for what seems like the same job. They all seem to be Indian and for the life of me I can't understand any of them on the phone. I just tell them to email me the details at this point so I can go over the details. They also can't disclose the client so you have no idea if this is the same job that you agreed to a previous recruiter with.

I’ve been there. The people who work those jobs live out of a suitcase and live ten to an apartment and send every cent home.

The major players TATA, HCL all have their own 3rd party recruiting firms that supply resumes to them.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
I really feel like I blew a final interview loop yesterday. I have two more final interviews this week. Anyone have tips on pushing yesterday's failure out of my mind and not letting it affect my upcoming interviews?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

BallerBallerDillz posted:

I really feel like I blew a final interview loop yesterday. I have two more final interviews this week. Anyone have tips on pushing yesterday's failure out of my mind and not letting it affect my upcoming interviews?

The fact you have 2 more lined up should give you calm that you're doing something right.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Think about what made you blow the first one and see what would’ve been better anwsers so you are able to give better responses next interviews.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Well, think I didn't get the job :sigh:. They said to expect to hear back by Monday at latest, then on Friday they said to expect to hear back by Tuesday at latest, and I feel like I could have done a lot better on the technical part of the interview anyway so I'm guessing that they extended an offer to someone else, are waiting to hear back, and are keeping me on the shelf until then.

Anyone know of places hiring remotely for someone with an AWS Solutions Architect Associate cert and helpdesk to (very) junior sysadmin experience? Based out of Colorado but I want to move up into the mountains so I'm looking for something where at most I would have occasional travel on-site once the world stops ending. Seems like most stuff out there for the cert wants me to also have experience with IaC stuff or containers, both of which I want to get into but don't have any hands-on experience with because the last two places I worked specialized in 20+ year old software.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

freeasinbeer posted:

and didn’t you got fired for not having one?

Probably thinking of another goon, haven't been fired yet, again I'm a computer janitor for a DOD contractor that doesn't touch DOD networks so I'm not required to have one. I'm planning to sit for it sometime near the end of the year just so I can use my continuing education allotment for the year.

As for the CEH, isn't that cert a giant joke? One of the cybersec guys at my job has that one and he couldn't use kali if you handed him a tutorial and a lab to use it on. Sounds strange, but my company hires former mil dudes for cybersec for reasons, and those guys are as close to computer illiterate as you can be and still manage to get certifications.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 5, 2020

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Well, think I didn't get the job :sigh:. They said to expect to hear back by Monday at latest, then on Friday they said to expect to hear back by Tuesday at latest, and I feel like I could have done a lot better on the technical part of the interview anyway so I'm guessing that they extended an offer to someone else, are waiting to hear back, and are keeping me on the shelf until then.

Anyone know of places hiring remotely for someone with an AWS Solutions Architect Associate cert and helpdesk to (very) junior sysadmin experience? Based out of Colorado but I want to move up into the mountains so I'm looking for something where at most I would have occasional travel on-site once the world stops ending. Seems like most stuff out there for the cert wants me to also have experience with IaC stuff or containers, both of which I want to get into but don't have any hands-on experience with because the last two places I worked specialized in 20+ year old software.

protip, even here, lose the "(very) junior" sysadmin experience.

something I've noticed is you have a bad tendency to put yourself and your skills down. I worry one of the reasons you're not finding jobs is because you're not talking yourself up enough.

Also for IAC and containers, literally follow any docker or terraform tutorial online, it'll take you an hour and a half, and then you can say "I've used terraform and docker in my home lab projects, but unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to use them in production yet."

Entirely true, and paints a picture of a much more competent you. Embrace exaggeration, talk yourself up, paint yourself in the most flattering light you possibly can to the furthest point you can. Don't outright lie, but being incredibly selective with the information you tell people can put you in a much better position than you are.

It also helps if you know enough about the subject to talk your way through any technical questions that might be asked of course, but half the time you don't even need that.

You've listened to us for four or five years now, you're a sysadmin whether that's reflected in your title or not. Now you need to start presenting yourself as one. You have the skills, and most importantly, the drive and passion to improve yourself. That's worth its weight in gold.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 5, 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

freeasinbeer posted:

This is a good post.

My last few weeks has been mostly just writing documentation and runbooks. In the last 6 months I've only written maybe 500-800, depending what you call a line of code, lines of code one way or another. Most of which is just smallish scripts to assist with some migration I'm trying to do or small test apps. Most of what I do is just education and support for the main devs.

I've spent a good amount of effort in the last 6 months calling meetings with different service teams to understand how their apps work and some of their behaviours so I can do my own work around capacity planning, properly setting k8s resources, adopting spot instances and supporting autoscaling based on kafka consumer lag, arbitrary prometheus queries results, plain old CPU load. There are over 150 microservices making up our platform, not all of which are in k8s yet, and we have a pretty well-defined self service model. So my role involves a lot of supporting everyone else in the adoption of k8s as a whole, but also making the best use of it in terms of financial efficiency.

I made a powerpoint slidedeck, speech and demo to announce the general availability of autoscaling applications on k8s that I'll be presenting in the next week or two for probably 60-80 people.

I commentate on and review a lot of other infrastructure related proposals and PRs.

I've made a lot of pretty grafana dashboards.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 5, 2020

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The Iron Rose posted:

something I've noticed is you have a bad tendency to put yourself and your skills down. I worry one of the reasons you're not finding jobs is because you're not talking yourself up enough.

Also for IAC and containers, literally follow any docker or terraform tutorial online, it'll take you an hour and a half, and then you can say "I've used terraform and docker in my home lab projects, but unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to use them in production yet."

Entirely true, and paints a picture of a much more competent you. Embrace exaggeration, talk yourself up, paint yourself in the most flattering light you possibly can to the furthest point you can. Don't outright lie, but being incredibly selective with the information you tell people can put you in a much better position than you are.

It also helps if you know enough about the subject to talk your way through any technical questions that might be asked of course, but half the time you don't even need that.

You've listened to us for four or five years now, you're a sysadmin whether that's reflected in your title or not. Now you need to start presenting yourself as one. You have the skills, and most importantly, the drive and passion to improve yourself. That's worth its weight in gold.

This is a great post. Well done.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

LochNessMonster posted:

Think about what made you blow the first one and see what would’ve been better answers so you are able to give better responses next interviews.

Thanks, unfortunately the behavioral portion went relatively well I think. It was the system design and coding challenge that I think went pretty poorly, which is harder to improve in the next 12-36 hours. This was my first interview with one of the big 5 though so at least now I know what to expect and can prepare better if I decide to try for one of them again.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

kensei posted:

This is a great post. Well done.

Agreed. I can remember being at that point in my career, not believing that I could apply for jobs that were a stretch for me. Impostor syndrome definitely was a factor, but at some point I realized that I have enough experience that I could speak to what I knew and extrapolate to what I didn’t know.

At this point I am fairly confident I could walk in to any interview and do well even if I don’t have all of what they are looking for. Demonstrating the ability to learn, grow and apply what you know to new tech/situations is far more important than experience in X technology.

Good companies and interviewers can smell bullshit a mile away, but there is nothing wrong with propping up what you’ve done and what you know in a positive light.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
gently caress interviews forever. I was still super nervous interviewing for a job that existed just for me, where I was the only person applying, for a role I'd been doing for at least a year already.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

Thanks, it feels good to hear that. I think part of what's going on right now is that I'm finishing up moving and being in a room full of boxes or cleaning up the old house is pretty demoralizing. OTOH I definitely have self-esteem problems all the time as well and feel like my career has been in a holding pattern for a couple years. I was working on the Terraform tutorial on Hashicorp's website before that. I should do Docker again as well, I did a little bit with it back in 2018 but didn't have the Linux skills to feel like I knew what I was doing beyond just typing in the commands in the tutorial. I can do that again during work I guess, more productive than watching Youtube videos while I wait for tickets to come in.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Thanks, it feels good to hear that. I think part of what's going on right now is that I'm finishing up moving and being in a room full of boxes or cleaning up the old house is pretty demoralizing. OTOH I definitely have self-esteem problems all the time as well and feel like my career has been in a holding pattern for a couple years. I was working on the Terraform tutorial on Hashicorp's website before that. I should do Docker again as well, I did a little bit with it back in 2018 but didn't have the Linux skills to feel like I knew what I was doing beyond just typing in the commands in the tutorial. I can do that again during work I guess, more productive than watching Youtube videos while I wait for tickets to come in.

Throw ansible on top of this.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Thanks, unfortunately the behavioral portion went relatively well I think. It was the system design and coding challenge that I think went pretty poorly, which is harder to improve in the next 12-36 hours. This was my first interview with one of the big 5 though so at least now I know what to expect and can prepare better if I decide to try for one of them again.

This might help you prep for that

https://github.com/donnemartin/system-design-primer

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

Throw ansible on top of this.

oh man, ansible + terraform is like having a super power

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, Ansible was on the list as well.

Like having a superpower for finding jobs or a superpower for doing stuff? Or both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yeah, Ansible was on the list as well.

Like having a superpower for finding jobs or a superpower for doing stuff? Or both?

I wouldn't want to touch the cloud without teraform. I wouldn't want to touch a future new hire who touches the cloud who doesn't know teraform + ansible.