Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Are you new to this game, and interested in the wide world of Murder? Well have I got some videos for you! This guy is Otz, and he does really good guides for DBD, I'd recommend watching him stream to get better at the game, he doesn't say gamer words, and is rather chill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflN137VU5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKQXO7yFbLA

What perks or addons should I use?

This has a good list of who has what perks, and how good they are.

This is an 8 hour video covering every addon every killed can get, and rates them in a tierlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShD_xVH8DR0

If you don't know what to do as a starting out killer, Pay 5$ extra, buy The Cannibal, play him to level 35

Want to play with other goons? We're trying to get some games going on here:

Evil Kit posted:

The Co-op Goon discord run by Vox isn't a bad choice imo.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ah good, I've been itching to post about DBD!

I'm normally a survivor player, but I've started doing some killer matches here and there. By far my favorite so far is Billy. His chainsaw lets him dash across the map at high speeds, it can break pallets, and down survivors in one hit. Not only is it a great mobility tool, it breaks pallets fast enough that survivors gain barely any distance on you mid chase! Sure, you basically can only move in a straight line with it, but that doesn't matter too much when a survivor is in point blank range. Plus, with the right build, you can make the chainsaw completely silent!

Now I just gotta suffer through the new matchmaking so that my rank 18 rear end stops getting paired up with rank 1 survivors.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Terminal laziness took hold of me and thus my thread title of "Tag, You're poo poo" is lost to the winds.

Arzaac posted:

Now I just gotta suffer through the new matchmaking so that my rank 18 rear end stops getting paired up with rank 1 survivors.

Has the new matchmaking actually helped with that at all?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

They say that it will eventually, but right now I've probably only done 15 killer games total so its very inconsistent for me. Feels like its usually one 15 or higher, a couple 9-7s, and a red rank in each game. Which I tend to lose pretty handily, one kill at most.

It sucks but hopefully if I play enough I'll get into matches I can actually win?

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Had a game a few days ago where I got brutally owned as killer. I started just about 3 weeks ago and I've been thoroughly trounced before, but this was the first time where I felt actively bullied, like holy poo poo. The survivors kept teabagging me the moment they saw me, ran circles and even stopped me from hooking my rare catches by running between me and the hooks and somehow pushing me around. Like my god they would have pelted me with rotten tomatoes if they could have. Funny thing is, they were all ranked 16-13, which honestly I expected to be a team of ranks 1.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Does Ace still basically have iron will built in?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Goddamn, at least the first sentence of the new thread sets the tone appropriately low for asym games, i guess

Karanas posted:

Had a game a few days ago where I got brutally owned as killer. I started just about 3 weeks ago and I've been thoroughly trounced before, but this was the first time where I felt actively bullied, like holy poo poo. The survivors kept teabagging me the moment they saw me, ran circles and even stopped me from hooking my rare catches by running between me and the hooks and somehow pushing me around. Like my god they would have pelted me with rotten tomatoes if they could have. Funny thing is, they were all ranked 16-13, which honestly I expected to be a team of ranks 1.

They probably deranked. It's fairly popular for people to do so they can poo poo on newbies.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I used to play Depth, that was a real fun asymmetric fps a few years back. Dunno what it's like now, tho.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

"Oh, a daily for deathslinger, might as well do it so I'll depip a bit in the process" end up with a 3k with me missing three times on the dude opening the exit gate for the 4k as my first time playing him, getting a pip.

Also re: my previous question about Ace, I heard Tapp's also really quiet, is this still a thing and if so which ones quieter?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Deranked into brown ranks after not playing for months and I've had 3 killer games in a row where the survivors had one brown/green/purple/red. They weren't SWF as far as I could tell. They somehow made the matchmaking perfectly bad.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You can be high rank and also be bad at the game right? Like it's the amount of games you've played not your mmr?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

To an extent. You do need to you know, get emblems to rank up. And the requirements do get harder the higher rank you go. But they're still lenient enough that at the end of the day, high rank doesn't automatically mean good.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whoop, thread's back without me having to cringe at participating in a thread run by a nazi :toot:

I played a game tonight that really shows why everyone runs Spine Chill

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1291536624124416002

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I still really want a scary movie mask for ghostface.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I've played survivor for a couple months and would call myself moderately skilled - green rank generally. Since the matchmaking change I gathered up the courage to play killer, as its always felt very intimidating to me and frankly survivors are dicks 75% of the time. I've played maybe 8 games as Trapper (rank 19) and keep getting paired with red and purple ranks that eat my lunch and call me names for running NOED even though they got away. Which isn't to say I haven't had some really fun and tense games as I try to 3-gen the survivors and figure out good trap placement, but the bad games against pros feel like they happen more often than not. I get the devs reasoning for a matchmaking system that weighs more than just time played, but I also think they've managed to undervalue that particular metric pretty drastically. My games against survivors who don't wear flourescent bike helmets and feel confident enough to taunt me from the other side of a pallet are a lot more fun and tense than against the ones who do.

Someone mentioned in the other thread that becoming a good killer requires you to be a good survivor and that was good advice. While I'm still struggling on some aspects of Killer play, I have to say being able to think like a survivor attempting a juke has paid off tremendously. Extremely satisfying to think two steps ahead of a guy who's only one step ahead and greet him as he bumps into me rounding a corner.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Seconds away from escaping :froggonk: Is there a way of getting rid of Torment? He only got two of us with it but god drat I sure didn't find a way to shake it.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Danaru posted:

Seconds away from escaping :froggonk: Is there a way of getting rid of Torment? He only got two of us with it but god drat I sure didn't find a way to shake it.

Only way to get rid of Torment is to get caged or release someone else from a cage. Otherwise it lasts forever.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I gotta be honest, I slept on Spies From The Shadows for a while, but it's one of the only level 3 perks I have on the Pig and it's honestly pretty decent especially if you play while drunk like I often do. Whenever I lose a survivor a crow usually helpfully bawks at them. Also the crow shaped notification is cute :3:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So remember how PTB Billy was a pile of trash, so when he came to live, BHVR tweaked the numbers and everyone agreed he was in a good place, but his add-ons were kinda trashy?

Well uh. Hotfix just dropped. and his numbers are back to matching what they were on the PTB. :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Now that I have Myers at P3 I've been loving around with different combinations, a fun thing I realized is when running Monito4 and Abuse (and dead rabbit if you want your EW2 terror radius to only be four meters :v:), you can flush out a lot of spine chill users just by staring at a generator. They'll assume you're patrolling and since they dont hear a heartbeat they'll feel it's safe to run :v:

One of these nights I want to try M&A, dead rabbit, and vanity mirror, but the vanity mirror just wont show up on the bloodweb :saddowns:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
What are some "meme" builds for Dead by Daylight, besides Burger King Myers? Is there any point to running a meme build if you don't already have a YouTube/Twitch following since survivors won't see your perks until the end of a match and vice versa with killers?

I also don't get the point of decrying certain builds as 'toxic' since the unofficial gentleman's rules for the game are flimsy at best anyways.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like running padded jaws and bloody coil, so people get injured when they disarm a bear trap but not when they step in one. I dont think anyone has actually noticed but I still think it's funny :frogdunce:

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!
I play both in DbD and my only real problem is that I'm bad at maps and navigating :negative:.

I also think my fav killer is the Spectre but he plays exactly how I want. I love being fast as gently caress and invisible.

I did get my first salty Survivor the other night playing as the Trapper. Said I was a camper because I put a trap in a super-obvious spot and he stepped in it :allears:.

Padded/Bloody coil sounds amazing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wraith is a ton of fun and his addons are pretty great too. I think I remember reading that he doesnt trigger Spine Chill when cloaked, and considering how many people rely on that instead of looking around, you can get some good spooks :v:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I’m really glad they changed Freddy around. He used to rear end to play as and just annoying to play against. Freddy on the silent hill map is a lot of fun.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Danaru posted:

I like running padded jaws and bloody coil, so people get injured when they disarm a bear trap but not when they step in one. I dont think anyone has actually noticed but I still think it's funny :frogdunce:

So, you might call them reverse bear traps then?

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006

Danaru posted:

Wraith is a ton of fun and his addons are pretty great too. I think I remember reading that he doesnt trigger Spine Chill when cloaked, and considering how many people rely on that instead of looking around, you can get some good spooks :v:

Oh, people never learn. You can literally be blocking their path while invisible and they just [bonk bonk bonk] until you bell at them. It's so funny :allears:. Same thing with the traps. I end up just shrugging and reactivating them and they step in them again. I love it.

I also started liking survivor more when I realized the point of my game, as a baby new character with one perk and a lovely flashlight, is to just.... waste their time. I just got the game when it was on sale a little back so I don't have a lot of anything.

The game's presentation of information does need some work, though. They just use the icons for your buffs/debuffs and I don't know what 'four skulls in a circle' is! I just know it's bad??? Same with status effects. I don't know what a mangled is. Just tell me!

(yes, I check the wiki for info. it's still lame.)

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
New thread smell is in effect.

Been getting back into DBD after a long hiatus (my PC fell off a moving truck, had to replace) and it's like I never left. What's consensus on Ghostface? I love sneaking n peeking on survivors all day, he's my guy.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm really bad at killer because I like to walk around and ring my bell and spook people off of gens instead of like, actually trying to hit them or something. It's just more fun to ring my bell and watch people scurry like rats.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm really bad at killer because I like to walk around and ring my bell and spook people off of gens instead of like, actually trying to hit them or something. It's just more fun to ring my bell and watch people scurry like rats.

I can relate to this. That, or just ringing the bell over and over without going invisible.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Decided to get the rift challenge to end a game before all gems are repaired using Ruin, and some rear end in a top hat used an offering for Yamaoka Estate :cripes: got the map with the big pyramid in the level so it was impossible to guard the totem. Thankfully I brought Pop Goes The Weasle as backup and finished the challenge with one gen left.

If that didnt work I was going to bring a red mori and play a REALLY rude game

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Dude was spam tbagging me over the railing, apparently he didn't know I could hit over them so he ragequit :v:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Just started playing this the other day. Takes me back to playing Hidden: Source in 2007. Pretty good. Survivor stresses me out because i feel like everyone's counting on me :kiddo:

Killer is fun and I like to ring my bell and have my distance & direction be indistinguishable :newlol:

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

HebrewMagic posted:

New thread smell is in effect.

Been getting back into DBD after a long hiatus (my PC fell off a moving truck, had to replace) and it's like I never left. What's consensus on Ghostface? I love sneaking n peeking on survivors all day, he's my guy.

Extremely good now that he actually takes some time to get snapped out of stealth. Spine Chill and Object will still rat you out(no aura on the latter though), but since they need to actually stare for a few seconds to snap you you can easily get a good stalk off before getting snapped out.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
I always liked DBD nominally but I burnt myself out on it trying to level the cannibal enough to get bbq chili so I can spy out where my next victim is as killer. It's a real boon and I feel pretty weak without it while playing other killers.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
They just put a new killer for DBD on the PTR! He is very cool looking. We thought it was going to be Vigo himself, but I guess not. Instead, he's just a dude! They also added a new Survivor.

The killer- the Blight- is a high-mobility guy, more like the chainsaw boys than anything else. You have five charges of Dash. You can't attack when you Dash. If you pinball into something with a Dash, you can Dash again, and this Dash lets you whack Survivors.

His perks are basically 'Hex: gently caress your pallets', 'Hex: try again next time, loser' and a boobytrap-the-generator one.

The survivor is Felix, who is some architect dork. His perks are 'Where the gently caress are the generators', 'when someone's hurt in any way I do un-hurting actions faster' and 'Oh hey, I found a roll of duct tape in the item I'm using'.

They're also sprucing up a lot of things including the Generators' models and the animations for fixing one. It's quite nice.

Here's a link to the wiki for like, actual details: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/CHAPTER_XVII:_Descend_Beyond

Karma Guard fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 19, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
His power sounds like a pain in the dick to use, but good god those perks

Orv
May 4, 2011
Blood Favour would be absolutely incredible if they were interested in/capable of fixing totem spawns buuuuuuut.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Gonna run Undying, Thrill of the Hunt, Haunted Grounds, and Devour Hope. Not even going to look at the generators, just going to wait for cleansers to light themselves up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

He's the pinball alchemist.