Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Ciaphas posted:

i swear to god "REDLINE MANIA" actually turns on magnets under the outlanes :tizzy:

I think you'll find it's pronounced "Redline Drainia".

I love this table, but it is really infuriating. Relighting that kickback is so fraught with danger, the inlanes are fast as gently caress, and I have yet to work out the best way to stop the ball zipping straight down the right outlane when it comes down that inner left loop. But you know, welcome to real-world tables.

My nudging game is pretty weak, but I'm at least trying to do it more aggressively when the ball starts hitting the slings.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
I don't think I've ever gotten a second "legit" multiball (not Redline Mania) on Getaway, physical or digital. I'm far too reliant on the left-ramp spotting Green-Yellow-Red lamps, which only works for your first MB.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

zaccaria pinball, the last update fixed the robot bridge shot on robot

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
New Williams pack with three classic pins for Pinball FX3 coming "soon". Includes Fun House, Dr. Dude and Space Station.

https://twitter.com/PinballFX/status/1289637019275100160

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
EDIT: Beaten!

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

Proceeds the Weedian... Nazareth
Anyone else wishing they would release some games NOT already released on Pinball Arcade? I'm sure there are reasons but still.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
licesnsing/popularity

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

always be excellent
never be rude
with the gift of gab
from doctor duuuuude

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Id like to see more semi-modern Sterns mixed in with classics. Does TPA still have Stern license?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
It doesn't help that TPA pretty much got all the great Williams tables that dont need licensing negotiations

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dr Dude is a guilty pleasure. I look forward to this pack.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Space Station is an odd choice for the first non-TPA Williams table. At least it's something.

There's still a handful of great/decent system 11 games that TPA didn't get to that I'd like to see.
Mousin' Around and Bad Cats for sure. Police Force would be nice. Edit: Game Show! I'm Keith McTeeth!

djfooboo posted:

Id like to see more semi-modern Sterns mixed in with classics. Does TPA still have Stern license?

Within the last year or so, the guy running Stern's facebook page ran some "post your high scores from TPA games" contest. Really odd since it's been years since they released anything and have clearly abandoned it. Multiple people trashed Farsight in the responses. I assume the license was still active at the time though if they bothered with doing that.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 2, 2020

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
As much as a didn't like the movie, I'm a bit grumpy we never got a Rise of Skywalker trilogy to complete the trilogy

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I only just realized it's space station not space shuttle.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Okay, week one of three of the Quarantourney is over! Results:

code:
Player		Game		High Score	Points	Rank
TBA		The Getaway	418,229,760	11	1
Gromit		The Getaway	392,327,770	10	2
Ciaphas		The Getaway	241,463,850	9	3
Kliff		The Getaway	231,513,120	8	4
Hopdog		The Getaway	121,028,900	7	5
rexroom		The Getaway	117,421,120	6	6
LawfulWaffle	The Getaway	115,240,560	5	7
Lloyddy		The Getaway	73,423,530	4	8
Voice of Labor	The Getaway	60,020,110	3	9
[clowns]	The Getaway	55,952,420	2	10
SonOfADiddly	The Getaway	54,709,240	1	11
New game is up, this time it's WHIIIIIIIIITE WATERRRRRRR!!!! Same rules as before, Tournament setup, a week to grind it out.
Room: SonOfADiddly
password: goonball

Have fun!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm dirty that I got within one video mode of beating TBA (not that he couldn't have come back and thrown another 100m on his score), but I gave it a solid try.

200m on my first ball? Great! Final score of 230m? gently caress you, Getaway!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Gromit posted:

I'm dirty that I got within one video mode of beating TBA (not that he couldn't have come back and thrown another 100m on his score), but I gave it a solid try.

200m on my first ball? Great! Final score of 230m? gently caress you, Getaway!

i started multiball and had a final score of 23 million :suicide:

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.
I actually had top spot for about a day or so but I never could extend good play into the multiple jacks I needed to reclaim it again, bleh.

White Water's gonna be a lot harder for me, even outside of Arcade mode that table is hard to get under control for me!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The only time I can reliably get control of WW in this form so far is out of Lost Minez - just holding the right flipper usually either catches immediately or gets two free RIVER letters. Anything else so far has been a crapshoot - even coming out of the upper playfield to the right flipper is too fast to control sometimes :cripes:

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Is there a good, up to date chart somewhere that shows which digital platforms and apps have which tables (e.g. where I can get Addams Family, Twilight Zone, etc. in one spreadsheet/table/chart)?

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

Proceeds the Weedian... Nazareth

SlyFrog posted:

Is there a good, up to date chart somewhere that shows which digital platforms and apps have which tables (e.g. where I can get Addams Family, Twilight Zone, etc. in one spreadsheet/table/chart)?

Here's a handy table I made for you!

Games you can buy and play in Pinball FX3, available on almost every platform: Fish Tales, The Getaway: High Speed II, Junk Yard, Medieval Madness, The Party Zone, Black Rose, Attack from Mars, Theatre of Magic, The Champion Pub, Safe Cracker, White Water, Hurricane, Red & Ted's Road Show, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Cirqus Voltaire, No Good Gofers, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Monster Bash.

Games you can't play: Everything else.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

you can still buy a commercial license for the pinball arcade that has all the tables,

https://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com/

but it's $500

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I've never seen White Water before, but this guy called Bowin or Boowen on Youtube makes it look super easy. He bumbled through 500m on the first ball so I'll expect to see similar from all of you.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Moogs posted:

Games you can buy and play in Pinball FX3, available on almost every platform: Fish Tales, The Getaway: High Speed II, Junk Yard, Medieval Madness, The Party Zone, Black Rose, Attack from Mars, Theatre of Magic, The Champion Pub, Safe Cracker, White Water, Hurricane, Red & Ted's Road Show, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Cirqus Voltaire, No Good Gofers, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Monster Bash.

Ick, that blows. Thanks.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Moogs posted:

Also, in the interest of completion:

Games you can play in Visual Pinball: Most of them except for modern Sterns.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

TheMcD posted:

Also, in the interest of completion:

Games you can play in Visual Pinball: Most of them except for modern Sterns.

And even then, there are a few modern Sterns that are out there and are coming soon ;)

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

SlyFrog posted:

I believe you can still access at least some of the Williams tables for TPA if you buy second hand physical discs for PS4 or Xbox but I'm an old and know nothing of consoles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Pinbal...gQAAOSw1TNZzncY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Pinbal...qQAAOSwaDZZznjr

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Gromit posted:

I've never seen White Water before, but this guy called Bowin or Boowen on Youtube makes it look super easy. He bumbled through 500m on the first ball so I'll expect to see similar from all of you.
Bowen rules, I love his tutorials. Those were part of what got me into pinball again.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

FYI though I'm not sure if anyone else cares but Zaccaria pinball is finally out on psn after it was supposed to go up last month.

(Also Demons Tilt which is pressing all the right Devils Crush nostalgia buttons)

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I've got the opportunity to buy a Fish Tales or a No Fear. Same price, and both in decent condition. I've only played maybe 15 games on No Fear, and I liked it fine, but didn't get deep into it. I played a bit more Fish Tales, but that was all virtual. I'll probably play a little more in the next day or two to refresh myself a bit.

What's the thread opinion on these two?

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Inferior Third Season posted:

I've got the opportunity to buy a Fish Tales or a No Fear. Same price, and both in decent condition. I've only played maybe 15 games on No Fear, and I liked it fine, but didn't get deep into it. I played a bit more Fish Tales, but that was all virtual. I'll probably play a little more in the next day or two to refresh myself a bit.

What's the thread opinion on these two?

Fish Tails, with lightning flippers and the cross ramps is a classic. I don't have much time on No Fear, but also don't have a strong desire to play it again.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

No Fear is a good and fun, especially at its price point. It’s a super dated theme but the playfield is basically T2 with a horseshoe and a jump ramp swapped out for the cannon and actually shoots better imo. It has all your usual Steve Ritchie trappings and is pretty much exactly what it appears to be.

Fish Tales is designed by his brother Mark and is basically a DMD update of his Taxi layout. Compared to No Fear it has a much more timeless theme, the artwork is way better and I’m a sucker for a Chris Granner sound package. 92-93 is my favorite era for pinball and this game is one of the reasons. They took toppers and colorful artwork extremely seriously at the time and it was before the Addams Family mode dominated approach took over game design. Keep the lightning flippers and open the outlines and you have yourself one of the most rewarding super jackpots in all of pinball. I’ll take the rush of bashing that drain bait captive ball for multiple supers over blowing up the Death Star or Escaping Nublar any day.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

FishTales is just such a classic, and I prefer tables that don't use a license...in fact, FT is a very strong contender for the next machine I buy.

I'd go with FishTales.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Fish Tails doesn't have a cool skull on it, clearly the inferior choice

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'd definitely go with Fish Tales.

No Fear isn't a bad game, but I think Fish Tales will keep you entertained for longer, especially if it's your only game.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Fish Tales. My main concern with it is that the short flippers drastically reduce ball time and increase SDTM. Quarter suckers are probably my least favorite table style. But I'm reading up on Fish Tales, and it looks like the original design was with standard flippers, and they only changed them during production because some European distributor requested it to reduce game times and wear & tear. That makes me feel better about possibly switching out the flippers at some point.

He's asking for about the equivalent of $3000 for each of them, but the market where I am in Europe is very small, so the 2x American price multiplier light is basically permanently lit. I'm not going to find much better prices.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

You can replace the lightning flippers cheap. like $8 apiece. and then you can put them back on for a new challenge after you master it with the big ones

edit: if it matters, they made like 3x as many FishTales as they did No Fears, so NOS parts will be easier to find. as a huge rookie, FishTales looks like it'd be the more complicated machine to work on. No Fear doesn't even have pop bumpers

boar guy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 5, 2020

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Yeah, I've got some spare flippers laying around from my custom pinball project that I keep meaning to get back to, but don't ever seem to. I worked on it more when I still had my F14 next to it. I'm hoping having another working machine will give me motivation again.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Inferior Third Season posted:

Yeah, I've got some spare flippers laying around from my custom pinball project that I keep meaning to get back to, but don't ever seem to. I worked on it more when I still had my F14 next to it. I'm hoping having another working machine will give me motivation again.

im trying to play my F 14 enough that it bores me to the point where i get another machine so that i can take the mylar off the f 14 and resto the playfield :) the high score on Pinside is 14 mil and I've got about 7.5 so, a ways to go yet. i think you gotta get all 5 extra balls to make it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I haven’t seen a fish tales for 3k here in a while. I have a no fear and like it but I want a ft eventually.