Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Anyone got any tips on making a online character with a on hosed up face? I got a free face change coupon but I don't want to blow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

JustaDamnFool posted:

Anyone got any tips on making a online character with a on hosed up face? I got a free face change coupon but I don't want to blow it.

I loving wish. I've changed my characters appearance like 5 times. They simply look different in game than they do in the creator. That and my character is constantly underweight and looks like a meth addict. Its been a while but I know that many of my sliders were on the minimums just so I wouldn't have these massive Mandibles of Justice (playing as a female character).

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
So how the hell do I hunt the new Legendary Animals? I've somehow gotten to Naturalist lvl 6 without seeing one. Am I supposed to go the spot they're marked on the map and hope they show up, or is it more involved than that? Example, I logged on yesterday and start getting hammered with stuff about these new legendary gators. Ride out to Lemoyne, poke around for an hour or so, nothing but regular gators.

JustaDamnFool posted:

For a female character, pick the Average or Athletic weight option. The Skinny option will wreck your face/neck/jawline. You don't lose weight or get skinnier or anything so don't worry about that, but make sure you're still eating so your character doesn't cycle through the out-of-breath and exhausted animation constantly.

Pick a face that seems generally attractive and don't tweak it too much since you'll overcompensate and end up with a hobgoblin. Go light on the makeup too. Really light. Try to make sure you're looking at the face and body as a whole instead of as individual pieces.

You're an 1800's cowboy, you're gonna be homely and have gross teeth. That's okay. You can still be beautiful on the inside.

Bloodcider fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 5, 2020

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Bloodcider posted:

So how the hell do I hunt the new Legendary Animals? I've somehow gotten to Naturalist lvl 6 without seeing one. Am I supposed to go the spot they're marked on the map and hope they show up, or is it more involved than that? Example, I logged on yesterday and start getting hammered with stuff about these new legendary gators. Ride out to Lemoyne, poke around for an hour or so, nothing but regular gators.

Just get the missions from Harriet, the legendaries can spawn in free roam but the odds are very low.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Just get the missions from Harriet, the legendaries can spawn in free roam but the odds are very low.

:doh:

Thank you.

Capn Beeb posted:

Needs more witchy folk

The hat on the last naturalist outfit is also good for witch vibin

A couple pages ago but I loooove these outfits. Too bad that corset isn't in the catalogue right now but I'm gonna try to assemble something similar.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

I can't get headshots because I'm bad at videogames so I find it to be frustrating, as well as incredibly lazy game design.

If you’re using a controller and auto aim/aim assist whatever it’s called, the trick to headshots is to tap aim to lock on and just as you get the red dot, tap up on your aim and fire at the same time. It may take a little practice to get the timing down but once you get there it’s hat and headshots all day.

JustaDamnFool posted:

There’s a couple of pretty good YouTube videos on how to get good looking characters of different types. They’re a pretty good starting point you can adjust to fit your taste.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I've seen two spawn in free roam so far. One west of Strawberry that I never figured out what it was because I was distracted by an attacking grizzly and by the time I'd sorted that out the gold question mark had vanished.

Then I nearly bowled over whatever the red elk that spawns in the desert is going full speed on my horse down a road at night. Swerved slightly off road to avoid an npc, suddenly got the alert that a legendary was in the area, hardly had time to process that before it was right in front of me. And then it started to attack me while I was on my horse, which I didn't expect, horse threw me and the elk killed me.

Respawned and got the notification that the elk had fled and to try again later. But I could still see its trail in eagle vision, so I followed, found it, shot it full of drugs and got a sample for Harriet.

... Now to find another so I can get its skin.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

My dailies were two desert samples and two river/forest samples. Do different people see different dailies?

VVVV EDIT: One of the scenarios I hate the most in games is hordes of bullet-sponge enemies that swarm from all sides. The first moonshiner story mission was nothing but that. I can't get headshots because I'm bad at videogames so I find it to be frustrating, as well as incredibly lazy game design.

Just to make this clear: you didn't enjoy the missions because you're admittedly not good at the game. I thought the Moonshine story was much, much better than the online story.

If you struggle to one tap enemies you should just run a damage build with springfield/bolt action. I would guess you can probably one tap thorax most NPC's.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
n/m

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 5, 2020

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

I just try to stay in cover 100% of the time. I play with a controller on PS4 (couldn't wait for PC release) and I just aim and flick up on the right stick and fire. Practicing that a billion times will land you headshots almost every time. If the timer on missions make you feel rushed ignore it. They give you more than enough time to complete a mission. Also drink tonics to give yourself a buffer from getting any damage.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

i just abuse paint it black. bing bong drag over head so simple

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

double negative posted:

i just abuse paint it black. bing bong drag over head so simple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iZ9JRVmJ5o

Too bad Westworld never got a second season.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Arglebargle III posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iZ9JRVmJ5o

Too bad Westworld never got a second season.

if this a joke about westworld season 2 being bad, :hai:

if not, i’ve got news for you

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

new poncho... hello

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

That poncho looks like absolute poo poo, god drat. Looks like somebody cut a hole in the middle of a sweat-stiffened saddle pad.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

That poncho looks like absolute poo poo, god drat. Looks like somebody cut a hole in the middle of a sweat-stiffened saddle pad.

hell yeah i love it

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Since when were cowboys supposed to look good?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

JustaDamnFool posted:

Since when were cowboys supposed to look good?

Babe Magnet posted:

let me dress like Orville Peck, Rockstar you cowards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60MHmrtEuRY

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Bloodcider posted:

A couple pages ago but I loooove these outfits. Too bad that corset isn't in the catalogue right now but I'm gonna try to assemble something similar.

Thanks :toot: The jacket that got added yesterday also goes great with the corset, finally a jacket that doesn't clip :v:

Too bad I can't have flowers in my hair and a hat though :argh:

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
I have so many reward tickets I won't be able to use since I've maxed my ability cards already and earned enough from the trader role to purchase most of the items in the game. It would be cool if you could trade them in for RDRBux or Gold to afford more consumables. After one outlaw pass season a large portion of the tickets for the next are pretty much unusable.

Also, if you're not riding through Valentine in your nightgown tossing aside empty gin bottles while the townsfolk make comments on your appearance... I question your life choices.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

How'd you get the floral pin?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

How'd you get the floral pin?

Go to a barber, they sell hair accessories now

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
This is me, five months ago replying to someone trying to figure out what the rumored "Naturalist" role could be:

quote:

Could be a conglomerate of a lot of ideas. Finding rare Plants/Herbs, Studying Animals, Fishing, some sort of Photography element. I think filling out the compendium will play a big part.

The idea would make it feel distinct from the other roles while still being a continuation of the feeling you get from Collector, like how Moonshine works compared to Trader.

Not too shabby.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Capn Beeb posted:

Go to a barber, they sell hair accessories now

Thanks! Makes total sense.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Zesty posted:

This is me, five months ago replying to someone trying to figure out what the rumored "Naturalist" role could be:

Not too shabby.

You pretty much nailed it. I'm liking the naturalist role. Took a break while there were no updates now I'm back at it. I just wish the game would tell you your progress when selecting info on an animal. Also pumping an animal full of tranqs a billion times seems weird but oh well.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

JustaDamnFool posted:

I found a couple of YouTube channels with guides to making attractive characters

Kat Chartreux

Hev's Character Creations

If you use one of those guides just make sure it's from after the 2019 appearance patch. There are some older pre-patch face settings that aren't available anymore.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I loving wish. I've changed my characters appearance like 5 times. They simply look different in game than they do in the creator. That and my character is constantly underweight and looks like a meth addict. Its been a while but I know that many of my sliders were on the minimums just so I wouldn't have these massive Mandibles of Justice (playing as a female character).

There's a bug that changes your characters age to 35 (a rough 35 at that) regardless of what you set the age at. I contacted support about it but all they did was tell me they are working on a fix.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Remember when trump bragged in April about “hundreds” of governors calling him for ventilators and this happened?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfC-mGxO-VE

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Ooooh, now I'm murdering poacher teams on the way to murdering harvesting Legendaries. Went after the Cross Fox (gently caress you varmint - fucker got away), Payta bison (harvest this time) and Night Beaver (the beaver hoodie isn't as cool as the bison one). It looks like the game may have saved the state I left the poacher camp in from the harvesting run on the beav, because the four dudes I killed were still dead in the same spots. :v:

Also I discovered that PIB doesn't work on Legendary critters. (Thus the fox escape.)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ygolonac posted:

Also I discovered that PIB doesn't work on Legendary critters. (Thus the fox escape.)

Neither does aim assist.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Ygolonac posted:

Night Beaver

Each time I see that name this pops into my head...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ihs-vT9T3Q

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with that drat fox. After I failed that mission the wife said you know people generally hunt foxes on horses. I needed to take a walk after that.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with that drat fox. After I failed that mission the wife said you know people generally hunt foxes on horses. I needed to take a walk after that.

They also use hounds, so maybe I should just let the dogs corner it somewhere?

How hard is it to lasso a fox?

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Ygolonac posted:

They also use hounds, so maybe I should just let the dogs corner it somewhere?

How hard is it to lasso a fox?

That was the first legendary mission I failed in the new role. That fox had me fuming.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

The Cross Fox was my first legendary hunt in online as well! I was expecting legendaries to be like Single Player so I left my horse behind and snuck around for loving MILES as it brought me all around Lemoyne. Eventually when I realized I could have used my horse, it was SO far out of despawn range... not despawning... and not coming when called.

I did manage to finish chasing the Fox on foot, but that thing was FAST. I started in the NW corner of Lemoyne and it finally got knocked out at the northern entrance of Saint Denis.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Zesty posted:

The Cross Fox was my first legendary hunt in online as well! I was expecting legendaries to be like Single Player so I left my horse behind and snuck around for loving MILES as it brought me all around Lemoyne. Eventually when I realized I could have used my horse, it was SO far out of despawn range... not despawning... and not coming when called.

I did manage to finish chasing the Fox on foot, but that thing was FAST. I started in the NW corner of Lemoyne and it finally got knocked out at the northern entrance of Saint Denis.

I haven't tried doing it again yet. I might use some tonics to cover my scent. How many shots did it take to get him down?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I chased a dumb fox from the woods just south of Emerald Ranch all the way past Rhodes. You better believe I turned his dumb rear end into a hoodie

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

I haven't tried doing it again yet. I might use some tonics to cover my scent. How many shots did it take to get him down?

A trillion? Maybe only needs 4? I just kept shooting until he dropped. Catching up was the annoying part.

I don't bother with any of the tonics or pheromones or whatever. I think those would be more useful in free roam. I think you'll do just fine by introducing your horse to that particular situation. Though Legendary Animal missions do get randomized a bit and the same Legendary doesn't always have the same scenario.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Zesty posted:

A trillion? Maybe only needs 4? I just kept shooting until he dropped. Catching up was the annoying part.

I don't bother with any of the tonics or pheromones or whatever. I think those would be more useful in free roam. I think you'll do just fine by introducing your horse to that particular situation. Though Legendary Animal missions do get randomized a bit and the same Legendary doesn't always have the same scenario.

Maybe the randomness will work in my favor the next time. Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Zesty posted:

Yeah, first Payta Bison mission was just lurk around until I found the herd, and then chase. Second gave me a poacher camp to clear/search for clues at Hanging Don, followed by a couple coached full of poachers plus horse reinforcements, before I could chase.

Night Beaver: first time I just got up in the first search area, tracked the rodent for a ways, then cleared a small poacher camp and found the clue to go to the next area. Search, chase, done. Second try, follow poachers from Annesburg to the same camp area, murder everyone, search for multiple clues, get to the second area, have to fight enraged beavers :quagmire: and chase down the Legendary.

Cross Fox was track through Gator Country Safari (only got mauled once), track the poacher and his little dog too until the fox was located, then keep clearing poachers/dog and trying to catch up to the little fucker on foot. Pretty sure there's a time limit after the first trank round before it wears off, so you have to keep plonking quickly. gently caress only knows what the next try will be.