Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

that cat rules

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if i were one of the neighbors i would be pretty ticked off about this feisty feline

the only solution it seems to me is acquire a cat that is 1/8th leopard

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i pruned the poo poo out of a tree years ago for a guy who had 2 (!!!) bengals in his home, who would live in the tree

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Mozi posted:

if i were one of the neighbors i would be pretty ticked off about this feisty feline

the only solution it seems to me is acquire a cat that is 1/8th leopard

i raise you one quarter lion

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
My 11 year old adopted cat is chill as gently caress and always has been. However he is also passive aggressive and just pisses on peoples stuff when he becomes territorial. These days he lives for salmon treats and basically lets my toddler terrorize him and pull his tail and all sorts of poo poo because he knows if he just hangs in there I will give him treats out of guilt.

Never met a bengal in real life, they seem fun to look at, but a pain in the rear end.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jeza posted:

i raise you one quarter lion

not a problem... i'll just need to breed a regular cat with a lion, and then breed the child of that with a leopard. piece of cake

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Bengal cats are cool and all. But give me a big maine coon any day.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Who the gently caress buys a Bengal cat then let's it be an outdoor cat? It's like buying a Porsche convertible of some type and parking it out on the street with the windows and roof down.

What I'm saying is the person who owns this cat should be guillotined and their wealth redistributed. OP should adopt the cat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
theres an alley/outdoor cat that i have befriended its very vocal and likes to be petted. i usually see it around sunset infront of my building where it solicits pets from people getting takeout from the thai restaurant

all in all pretty rad cat

thats my cat story OP

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

My cat is half Bengal and she's the complete opposite of OP's description lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

gee if only there were a way to deal with pest animals on your property

*places cornish rex cat inside as bait*

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Don't worry OP outdoor cats die way earlier and have many many more health problems.

People who have outdoor cats should be prosecuted for animal abuse and destruction of the environment

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I hope the neighbors cat wins, op

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I had a friend with one of these cats. It was pretty cool. It would play fetch with you and also did this thing with it's food where it would carry it to the tippy top of it's cat tree to eat. Like a tiny leopard protecting it's kill :kimchi:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The reason why well fed domestic cats still hunt so much is the part of their brain that is responsible for hunting instinct is not connected to the part that feels hunger. Cats are opportunistic predators who use every opportunity simply because only about 10 % of cat attacks actually succeed in catching their prey. So in wild life they would starve if they didnt go after every bird or mouse.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
My mom has bengals, they're extremely cool. They're not as soft as normal cats, those things are RIPPED under their fur.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

People who get designer pets are pretty gross, imo. I want my dog/cat to have done time in an institution first so he knows how good he’s got it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sekenr posted:

The reason why well fed domestic cats still hunt so much is the part of their brain that is responsible for hunting instinct is not connected to the part that feels hunger. Cats are opportunistic predators who use every opportunity simply because only about 10 % of cat attacks actually succeed in catching their prey. So in wild life they would starve if they didnt go after every bird or mouse.

Also because they are dumb as hell rude bois who stink

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

1redflag posted:

People who get designer pets are pretty gross, imo. I want my dog/cat to have done time in an institution first so he knows how good he’s got it.

i just go down to canal street and get a knockoff for 1/20 the price

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my brother reluctantly lets one of his cats go outside (because otherwise he gets completely stressed out and miserable). thankfully, the cat's old, slow, and wise to the ways of cars so there is relatively little danger to local wildlife and himself. he sure does love fighting this one neighbor cat, though.

thankfully, my brother has also sworn off letting any other cats he might own ever go outside.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

my brother reluctantly lets one of his cats go outside (because otherwise he gets completely stressed out and miserable). thankfully, the cat's old, slow, and wise to the ways of cars so there is relatively little danger to local wildlife and himself. he sure does love fighting this one neighbor cat, though.

thankfully, my brother has also sworn off letting any other cats he might own ever go outside.

Yeah lots of well meaning people love to say how much happier cats are when kept inside. That's projection of the first order. They might live longer if kept inside but they are not happier

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My parents had a neighbour who had a Bengal. It would come over, hang around the catnip bush for a bit then just walk up to you, lie down and get some belly rubs. Didn't seem to be any issues, parents cat didn't really seem to mind either

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It’s not a cat you get if you aren’t ready to properly care for it. Extremely high maintenance. Sounds like your neighbor isn’t doing what they’re supposed to.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

My friend has a Bengal that went into another cats house and stole it's treats.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

At least two of my neighbours cats occasionally come into my house to eat my cat food/piss in my cats food bowl. One of them is a fuzzy brown and white moggie and the other is a huge fluffy white Persian who has an amazing death glare.

If my evil black cat is around she fights them but my tiny cuddly tuxedo kitty is too scaredy and nervous so I have to chase them out occasionally. Especially as the evil black cat will occasionally vanish for days to do Cat Stuff (like solicit barbecues for treats and attention, or chill in my neighbours kitchen)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

sincx posted:

Like, I knew Bengal cats existed and what they looked like, but going into another house to attack some poor indoor Persian is a level of brazen assholeness that I didn't think was possible, not even for cats. Totally different from most purebreeds, who tend to be chill and friendly because they've been raised around humans and pampered since birth.

I'm not sure you 'get' cats.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Patrat posted:

At least two of my neighbours cats occasionally come into my house to eat my cat food/piss in my cats food bowl. One of them is a fuzzy brown and white moggie and the other is a huge fluffy white Persian who has an amazing death glare.

If my evil black cat is around she fights them but my tiny cuddly tuxedo kitty is too scaredy and nervous so I have to chase them out occasionally. Especially as the evil black cat will occasionally vanish for days to do Cat Stuff (like solicit barbecues for treats and attention, or chill in my neighbours kitchen)

Haha MAN cats sound GREAT

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The cat has a gun

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Patrat posted:

Be a shame if someone caught those cats and brought them to a shelter a town over so they could be adopted by a real pet owner who would keep them inside.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Be a shame if the cat used its gun on you, don't pet the cats fire their guns at you

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Each cat comes equipped with a convenient gun

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The cat breathing causes the gun to discharge

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Begals are smarter than average cats (you can train them to do things, like dogs!), but I hear they really imprint from their breeder. I had one that was very affectionate, and was even able to meet with other cats without being violent. That breeder lived with the cats though, and interacted with them from the moment they were born. I've heard horror stories of psycho bengals, and from what I've heard they mostly come from a background of being bred in a barn with very little human interaction.

I really loved my original bengal, and would get a bengal again if I had to get a cat (and could afford it...), but definitely watch out and make sure you get a civilized one. This does probably drive the price up even more.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Anytime someone says they can train an animal "like a dog"they're lying.

It means the animal stops licking it's own genitals while you yell it's name and clap at it without opening a treat jar

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah, that's true. I gave up on training it pretty fast.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
My current cat is really big for a otherwise plain calico short hair, not Maine Coon big, but still. Her being female makes it even more odd. She's like double the weight of our other normal cat, and this is mostly in muscle not fat. She does extremely athletic stuff on the regular and has horrifyingly strong claws. We saw her mom when we adopted her as a kitten, and the mom was a tiny normal cat.
We honest to god wonder if her dad was one of these, or something like it.
Thankfully she has a wonderful temperament, because holy poo poo if she didn't?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Grape posted:

My current cat is really big for a otherwise plain calico short hair, not Maine Coon big, but still. Her being female makes it even more odd. She's like double the weight of our other normal cat, and this is mostly in muscle not fat. She does extremely athletic stuff on the regular and has horrifyingly strong claws. We saw her mom when we adopted her as a kitten, and the mom was a tiny normal cat.
We honest to god wonder if her dad was one of these, or something like it.
Thankfully she has a wonderful temperament, because holy poo poo if she didn't?

You've been fooled, the extra weight is the concealed gun that every cat comes with at purchase

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You've been fooled, the extra weight is the concealed gun that every cat comes with at purchase

She has guns alright, she'll put her elbow on window sills sometimes like that old leaning dog meme, and I've never seen such loving hefty cat arms.

I saw the other cat try and jump on her once, and it was like watching a toddler attempt to elbow drop a block of concrete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Bengal cats are the best. You can teach them to fetch and they're super adventurous.