Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
What did you have for breakfast you yobber, you?

I had a bowl of reeses puffs, and a cup of cold brew coffee I made.

SPEAKING OF: https://www.amazon.com/Takeya-10310-Patented-Airtight-Silicone/dp/B00FFLY64U

You owe it to yourself to get this if you like coffee - just fill the filter up past the mesh lining - measuring is for dweebs. Best. Coffee. Ever. (brew for a day or 2 in the fridge - use dark roast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Iamanonattorneyspokesmanfortakeya.

Prof. Crocodile

this is a very un-byob answer, but I do not eat breakfast b/c intermittent fasting, so I guess just fancy coffee

I really enjoy the fasting until someone starts bragging about delicious cereal :smith:

Khanstant
i had a cigarette for breakfast. since a few weeks into quarantine, ive fallen into this horrible habit of just powering through the annoying hunger phases and just try and hold off eating until around end of work or after, so i can just make or order one meal and try and skip the others. food is good and all but come on, every day, multiple times? not to mention anything you eat you're also basically dedicating some time later to poo poo it out. all in all, too much time for an expensive hobby imo

Slumpy
imagine sitting in a diner in the early break of morning and having a nice cup of coffee and some maple syrup toast

slumpy

Mummy Napkin
I've been eating honey granola and blueberries in a bowl of milk every day for breakfast with cruddy Nespresso instant coffee and a piggy for a few months now and it gets my booty bouncing. Breakfast rules and truly is the most important meal of the day.

edit: ciggy, not piggy lol

nut

bagel with jalapeno cream cheese and a coffee :getin:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

nut posted:

bagel with jalapeno cream cheese and a coffee :getin:

Yes.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Brb walking to the store.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

FutonForensic

i love a lox bagel when i got the budget for it. oh, and scrambled eggs with goat cheese spread on toast :evilbuddy:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
a granola bar. I haven't had a proper breakfast in years :negative:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Everything bagel with jalapeno creamy cream cheese. I got in. :sax:

Fun fact: breakfast comes from the phrase "break fast" as you "fast" while you sleep :smug:

Thunder Moose fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 5, 2020

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
2 eggs scrambled in garlic, salt and pepper with two slices american cheese, 2 slices of honey ham cooked in the frying pan and then everything put into a flour tortilla

but i rarely eat anything for breakfast besides a cup of coffee and maybe an apple

Areola Grande

since eggs are a reproductive secretion and not actually food (controversial i know), the perfect breakfast would be 2 biscuits w/snausage gravy, cheesy hash, a side of bacon and a tall cold Simply Orange

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Thunder Moose posted:

What did you have for breakfast you yobber, you?

I had a bowl of reeses puffs, and a cup of cold brew coffee I made.

SPEAKING OF: https://www.amazon.com/Takeya-10310-Patented-Airtight-Silicone/dp/B00FFLY64U

You owe it to yourself to get this if you like coffee - just fill the filter up past the mesh lining - measuring is for dweebs. Best. Coffee. Ever. (brew for a day or 2 in the fridge - use dark roast)

added to cart

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

this morning i had a bowl of weed, as is the style at the time

i made a coffee, with agave and some Actual Milk but i am not prone to do this

i am a weirdo with tastes and food, especially in the morning hours, i ate a piece of gluten free toast with mozzarella on it and dipped it in Ragu i know, wtf right??!!?

but it's hard seltzer time now, and gently caress me if breakfast for DINNER isn't my favorite thing

back in the day this was my jam:

2AM Waffle House
- Bacon egg&cheese sandwich w/ mayo and pickle
- Hash browns smothered, covered and topped (without chili its a loving sin)

god drat yobs now i am thinking about breakfast itt

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
my favorite breakfast is pork chili verde chilaquiles.

fried tortilla strips or chips simmered in a green chile sauce, with cotija cheese and an over easy egg on top.

it is the best breakfast.

Areola Grande

:stare: 2 kinds of Doritos dang

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is a very un-byob answer, but I do not eat breakfast b/c intermittent fasting, so I guess just fancy coffee

I really enjoy the fasting until someone starts bragging about delicious cereal :smith:

Pls tell me about intermittent fasting cos I googled it and there's too many kinds

To answer the question, I eat Vegemite toast (croikey!) and a cup of coffee

Areola Grande

i'm going to spend the rest of my life wondering what vegemite is like. i thought it was a bug/grass type pokemon for years

nut

Thunder Moose posted:

Everything bagel with jalapeno creamy cream cheese. I got in. :sax:

Fun fact: breakfast comes from the phrase "break fast" as you "fast" while you sleep :smug:

my dude

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

I have 2 of the large versions. Worth every penny.

When one runs out, I drink the other and refill the empty one.

Chewbecca

prepuce repurposed posted:

i'm going to spend the rest of my life wondering what vegemite is like. i thought it was a bug/grass type pokemon for years

wonder no more friend

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

canyoneer posted:

fried tortilla strips or chips simmered in a green chile sauce, with cotija cheese and an over easy egg on top.

Kind yobber - please teach me the recipe for this.

Chewbecca

It does look obscenely good doesn't it

Areola Grande

yeah I've seen the jar before but what is it like

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Thunder Moose posted:

Kind yobber - please teach me the recipe for this.

make this first, for dinner. the recipe says and i agree that it's a remarkable effort to results ratio for how good it is compared to how easy it is.
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/03/easy-pressure-cooker-pork-chile-verde-recipe.html

the next morning, reheat the leftovers and pour over the top of tortilla chips. think of it like nachos, enchilada style. add whatever else you like on top: salsa, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, sour cream, onions, soft fried egg.

Chewbecca

yeah I've seen the jar before but what is it like

I'm not sure where you are, but if you can buy it why wouldn't you?

It's honestly so so good. Try it on toast with a friend egg on top!

Chewbecca

It's salty, you need butter with it. Thick cut toast.

Areola Grande

i guess i assumed it's strictly an aussie vittle. i'm stateside

Chewbecca

i guess i assumed it's strictly an aussie vittle. i'm stateside

Eat it and post a trip report

Areola Grande

i'm gonna do it

Chewbecca

3 or 4 is the correct amount, many a noob has been caught out by applying too much Vegemite!

Chewbecca

Maybe even 2 for Americans and those with a delicate constitution

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
An alarm blares from what feels like miles away. Moments later you are awake in your bed. Sweating, half erect from sexual dreams that will be forgotten before you can remember them.

Into the shower you go, society demands that you are presentable when in the company of others. You continue to shower even though you have not shared office space with other human beings for months.

After you shower you throw on the first clothes you find in your dresser. You may not have stopped habitually showering, but as long as the stains on your clothes are from the waste down, it doesn't matter.

"Breakfast is ready, honey!" you hear from the kitchen. The sun is shining outside at this point, and as you enter the kitchen you see that your dutiful wife has prepared a breakfast of Sausage and scrambled eggs, with a side of fruit and a slice of buttered toast. Life is hard these days, but moments like this make it infinitely better.

An alarm blares in your ear, you wake up. You pull on yesterdays sweat pants and lumber into the kitchen of your basement apartment. All you can find in your bare cupboards is the 5lb bag of pretzels you bought a year ago, the only milk you have is 2 weeks past its best by date.

A bowl of pretzels and water as a meal again. How much longer can you go on like this?

Chewbecca

Please don't dox me

Prof. Crocodile

canyoneer posted:

:captainpop:
now that’s what I call breakfasting!

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

canyoneer posted:

Wow, I haven't had Chilaquiles or Huevos Rancheros for at least 4 months. Looks like I've got a mission. If you made the dish in your pic at home you are a chef.

more falafel please

forums poster

i didn't eat breakfast regularly for like 15 years and then I realized for Various Health Reasons I really needed to. but I am lazy and usually not to interested in actual food in the morning, so I drink a nutritional shake, not soylent but vaguely like it. it's boring but it gets the job done.

on weekends I'll sometimes make breakfast sandwiches: folded scrambled egg, toasted buttered bun (I like a martins potato roll but an English muffin or something is also great), a slice of American cheese melted on top, and if I have some I'll make a couple strips of bacon or sausage links for mine

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

I blackened a swordfish steak I felt extremely lazy today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Chewbecca posted:

Pls tell me about intermittent fasting cos I googled it and there's too many kinds

I will try to be concise as not to derail, although there is technically breakfast in hurr

the general idea is that shouldn’t consume calories all day every day. there are many ways to fast, but I do the easiest way, which is to eat only during an 8 hour window (noon to 8 pm) each day.

there are three alleged benefits: 1) it takes effort to digest food, so you need to give your digestive system a break—just like any other part of your body; 2) it’s hard to overreat if you’re only eating during a small window; 3) some naturalistic fallacy stuff about how this is how the human body evolved to eat.

idk about any of that stuff, but it is a very easy program to follow and you don’t have to give up booze or sugar or anything—although everybody should prolly do that anyway. the first 3 days were horrible, but within a week it became effortless, and in one month I went from ~30% body fat to ~15%. that was 18 months ago I’m still doing it, although I cheat once a week with late night drinking or a eggs Benedict at sunrise or w/e. cheating is no big deal with IF actually

btw black coffee/water/unsweetened tea have no calories so you can consume them whenever.