Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
*looks at the thread title* anyway I think you should be able to marry gardevoir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Most of them are some combination of insane, on PEDs/hard recreational drugs, and the heavyweight fights are always the most boring?

Pokemon are basically shonen anime characters, so pretty much yeah.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

under capitalism no combat sports are consensual

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
who are you to believe

your own eyes and ears?

or

https://twitter.com/KevinHart4real/status/1290691015745998848?s=20

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1290366930818420737?s=20

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
God, Ted Cruz is just a loving suckerfish for media controversies.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

RevKrule posted:

I wouldn't necessarily call a wild animal that's beaten into submission, trapped for hours/days/weeks on end in a small sphere and only let out to beat the poo poo out of other animals, a "willing participant"

Within the context of the show, though, Pokemon are portrayed as fully sentient beings that consent to the arrangement. Even with the bad guys, Meowth, Koffing, and Ekans, they're fully on board with Jesse and James' plans.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Phylodox posted:

Within the context of the show, though, Pokemon are portrayed as fully sentient beings that consent to the arrangement. Even with the bad guys, Meowth, Koffing, and Ekans, they're fully on board with Jesse and James' plans.

Koffing and Ekans are shown in their focus episode to be dumb as poo poo, mind. Though Team Rocket tends to gradually acquire Pokemon that are both increasingly comically poorly behaved and clearly thoroughly enjoying their whole incompetent supervillain thing. While treating your Pokemon well and equitably is a theme both in the anime and games. (Where the ones advocating seperation are usually shown as in the wrong because they plan to apply the rules to everyone else) Ash in particular tends to have his most loyal Pokemon be ones who basically actively chose to join up with him.

Though Detective Pikachu the movie does have some interesting subtext in that the protagonist is a lot more comfortable treating Pokemon as equals than as subordinates, probably one of the reasons that Mewtwo takes a liking to him.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Koffing and Ekans are shown in their focus episode to be dumb as poo poo, mind. Though Team Rocket tends to gradually acquire Pokemon that are both increasingly comically poorly behaved and clearly thoroughly enjoying their whole incompetent supervillain thing. While treating your Pokemon well and equitably is a theme both in the anime and games. (Where the ones advocating seperation are usually shown as in the wrong because they plan to apply the rules to everyone else) Ash in particular tends to have his most loyal Pokemon be ones who basically actively chose to join up with him.

pokemon stockholm syndrome is real

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

davidspackage posted:

God, Ted Cruz is just a loving suckerfish for media controversies.

Hey, she courted the GOP and now she's got them.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Seeing a lot posts today like "Ellen was always kind to me": A wealthy and famous person.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ego-bot posted:

Seeing a lot posts today like "Ellen was always kind to me": A wealthy and famous person.

If I'm trying to convince people who are keyed into behind the scenes talk show drama that I'm a good person, Jay Leno would not be my go to for a character reference.

https://twitter.com/KiaSpeaks/status/1291046881590738944?s=20

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ego-bot posted:

This is pretty much just like saying water is wet, but I'd imagine that's very much an intentional thing on Ellen's part. Be really nice to and around people who you view as equals, and then treat your inferiors like poo poo.

I very much believe all these celebrities that say Ellen was always sweet to them and that they never saw her do a single thing bad. But that stuff isn't the issue, the issue is how she acted when celebrities weren't around and there's a lot of evidence that suggests she acted VERY poorly.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is pretty much just like saying water is wet, but I'd imagine that's very much an intentional thing on Ellen's part. Be really nice to and around people who you view as equals, and then treat your inferiors like poo poo.

I very much believe all these celebrities that say Ellen was always sweet to them and that they never saw her do a single thing bad. But that stuff isn't the issue, the issue is how she acted when celebrities weren't around and there's a lot of evidence that suggests she acted VERY poorly.

It's extremely telling if someone's peers and superiors have a high opinion of them while their subordinates and service staff have a wildly different view. People really do show their true colors in the way they treat people they have power over.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pentyne posted:

It's extremely telling if someone's peers and superiors have a high opinion of them while their subordinates and service staff have a wildly different view. People really do show their true colors in the way they treat people they have power over.

Yeah, the main reason dinner and a movie is a great first date is because right away you see how someone treats servers and movie attendents.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Viacom is apparently bringing back Ren and Stimpy and uhm, maybe they just shouldn't.

https://twitter.com/bobbyhundreds/status/1291073285527019522?s=20

John K apparently is not involved and won't be getting money from it, but maybe just skip the whole thing, make a different adult oriented cartoon.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, that pretty much the center of most of the stories, that Ellen is incredibly ingratiating to all of her celebrity guests to the detriment of her staff. Holding up taping for 3-4 hours, spending an extra few hours taping because a celebrity music performance isn't coming together right.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Skwirl posted:

John K apparently is not involved and won't be getting money from it, but maybe just skip the whole thing, make a different adult oriented cartoon.

Like, on one hand if they can make it... good? ... then I guess it'd be cool to try and rehabilitate those characters and remove John K from them entirely, because I miss being able to enjoy Ren & Stimpy. But you can't really do that without also rehabilitating John K's image and that's really not good, like we don't need the world to think a pedophile is a cool guy and gloss over the horrible poo poo he's done. I mean, again.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Have the new Ren & Stimpy show do an episode where a thinly-veiled John K analogue is portrayed as a horrible pedophile rear end in a top hat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Brothers Grunt revival when?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Have the new Ren & Stimpy show do an episode where a thinly-veiled John K analogue is portrayed as a horrible pedophile rear end in a top hat.

They really need to pull out all the stops and have Ren & Stimpy kill him in the first episode, that's the only way to redeem this project.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

even if they kill off a John K with a big red nose, anything in John K style would involve death by anal fixation

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

King Vidiot posted:

They really need to pull out all the stops and have Ren & Stimpy kill him in the first episode, that's the only way to redeem this project.

That would actually be pretty on-brand, too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pretty sure there already is an episode mocking him for being terrible.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Pretty sure there already is an episode mocking him for being terrible.

Probably several after he left in the original run.

MasonReese
Oct 8, 2004

This is gross misconduct!
John K tried to negotiate a better salary and Viacom just hired his colleague billy west to provide the voices of both Ren and Stimpy, and fired John K.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...HKybakQcTSGmwLk

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

MasonReese posted:

John K tried to negotiate a better salary and Viacom just hired his colleague billy west to provide the voices of both Ren and Stimpy, and fired John K.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...HKybakQcTSGmwLk

they may have fired him for the wrong reason that does not change the fact that here in 2020 we know he was a pedophile and should probably not work in animation on a studio level

he's also not made anything good in the last 2 decades anyways, and that includes a Ren and Stimpy show that sucked hot rear end

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
John K isn't anywhere near the new Ren and Stimpy, and isn't even collecting a check for it.

I kind of suspect this is a direct response to those allegations, and a way to try and take the legacy of the show away from him. In that case, I can't get mad. He was honestly a lot less involved with it in the first place than popular memory would make you think; something like two thirds of the show was made without him, and Adult Party Cartoon is only remembered at all as a loving nightmare.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Adult Party Cartoon revealed to everybody that 95% of what we loved about Ren & Stimpy was the result of the other collaborators, writers and animators of the show and not John K himself. They reigned him in, and when nobody is there to tell him "no" you get Adult Party Cartoon.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

remember Nxivm?

Data Graham posted:

*listens to podcasts about Keith Raniere* Boy I'm glad I'm not stupid enough to fall into a cult like this guy's *immediately starts following Jordan Peterson*

https://twitter.com/CultNEWS101/status/1286312603036405760?s=20

aww how n-

:stare:

this is some Manson lite poo poo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I thought Allison Mack was the only kinda famous person involved.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Skwirl posted:

I thought Allison Mack was the only kinda famous person involved.

Allison Mack and Nicki Clyne got sham-married due to NXIVM. I believe Grace Park (also from Battlestar Galactica) almost got pulled in but managed to get free before things got really nuts.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kristin Kreuk’s name got mentioned though no one knows how involved she was either

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Alan Smithee posted:

Kristin Kreuk’s name got mentioned though no one knows how involved she was either

It looks like she noped the gently caress out of there when things started getting weird.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They tried to use her to recruit people, but every potential recruit died of boredom after hearing her speak for more than a minute.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1291224706561892352?s=20

https://twitter.com/VibeMagazine/status/1291238723531739136?s=20

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TBH I'm getting tired of Dave Chappelle

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/louis-ck-makes-surprise-appearance-at-dave-chappelles-summer-camp-comedy-show-1306532

quote:

Louis C.K. Makes Surprise Appearance at Dave Chappelle's Summer Camp Comedy Show

Dave's material, dealing more and more with "cancel culture," has become more and more self-fellating and gotten into the mode of "actually, having rear end in a top hat opinions is speaking truth to power"

I guess my take generally is all these male comic boy's clubbers who venerate Carlin forgot that Carlin didn't do it for the adoration and for that matter his standup material fell off a cliff after he got old and crotchety

Name Change fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 9, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1290742971290140672?s=21

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/tmz/status/1291092043788431362?s=21

https://twitter.com/usmarshalshq/status/1291041530682249216?s=21

https://twitter.com/news_8/status/1292558277658718208?s=21

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Did they have trouble catching him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

idk but the girl literally told her mom after the first time and his excuse was "I didnt know how old she was"

and then he set up another meet with her after the fact