Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

if the guy who wrote that is reading this thread please don’t take it personally that i don’t find the company itself exciting. please be real with yourself. sometimes boring is a good thing to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

qirex posted:

hustle the new folks and tell them you're at the end of the process with a different company. don't tell company you're close with anything, imo
Yeah, I'm deffo gonna let the new folks know about the existing offer, hopefully that will hurry things up enough that I don't have to mess first dude about too much.

toiletbrush fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 5, 2020

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

not gonna lie i’m kind of speechless

holy poo poo this is absolutely insane. on the one hand, :redflag::redflag::redflag:. On the other hand, make some poo poo up and get a new job if it sucks

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
run awaaaaaaay

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

:thunk:

reply with a story that quickly shades into something that you copypasted from the erotic mind control online fanfic archive

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

PIZZA.BAT posted:

:cb:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Achmed Jones posted:

holy poo poo this is absolutely insane. on the one hand, :redflag::redflag::redflag:. On the other hand, make some poo poo up and get a new job if it sucks

the tech poc take home assignment that i did two weeks ago? they knocked me an entire title because i didnt prepare a powerpoint presentation for the demo. i was hoping that maybe today’s interview would provide a different angle and maybe allow me to clarify things. lol nope

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
just run

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Tell them to go gently caress theyselfs. That is some grade-a arrogant patronizing bullshit.

Even if they're offering $TEXAS for a Rhode Island amount of work, it's not loving worth it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

the tech poc take home assignment that i did two weeks ago? they knocked me an entire title because i didnt prepare a powerpoint presentation for the demo. i was hoping that maybe today’s interview would provide a different angle and maybe allow me to clarify things. lol nope

ok jesus that's too many red flags for me i think. but you do what you need, poo poo's scary (and ofc quitting is always an option, never stop interviewing, etc etc)

it's easy to say "never stop interviewing" when you have, in fact, stopped interviewing though

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
it sounds like they are trying to make you prostrate yourself before them, hoping that your willingness to do so is a good predictor of your willingness to accept an insultingly low offer. "what, you don't like the number i gave you? but you were so excited in your last email! aren't you also motivated by <recruiter copy-pastes the things you wrote>"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
in salesland, if theyre a poo poo prospect they'll be a poo poo customer

you are selling six figs worth of software toucher and look at this poo poo rear end prospect

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

they knocked me an entire title because i didnt prepare a powerpoint presentation for the demo.

i'm reeling at this

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I think you're being negged.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

a grading rubric but the columns are labeled junior, standard, senior, manager

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

DELETE CASCADE posted:

it sounds like they are trying to make you prostrate yourself before them, hoping that your willingness to do so is a good predictor of your willingness to accept an insultingly low offer. "what, you don't like the number i gave you? but you were so excited in your last email! aren't you also motivated by <recruiter copy-pastes the things you wrote>"

you nailed it. saw some nasty comments on their glassdoor regarding no respect for work life balance. guess i know the story behind those now

at this point i’m wondering how i even respond to that email because lmao what the gently caress

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

PIZZA.BAT posted:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lmao run the gently caress away

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
say gently caress off in a vaguely nice way, get to the rest of your pipeline of dozens of companies

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lol yeah of course i’m gonna turn them down. they’re essentially begging me to. i’m still stunned at the arrogance of that email though. like- how DARE you not be excited about writing pharmaceutical integration software?!

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Glorgnole posted:

i'm reeling at this
I was hoping maybe it was part of an extended meta-interview where the first person to say 'is this serious?' gets the CTO position but yikes that company sounds *terrible* bullet dodged etc

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Did they at any point indicate that you should make slides? Or is that just something that they assumed you would know to do?

PIZZA.BAT posted:

you nailed it. saw some nasty comments on their glassdoor regarding no respect for work life balance. guess i know the story behind those now

at this point i’m wondering how i even respond to that email because lmao what the gently caress

I'd be seriously tempted to say what I actually thought. It's easy to say that when I don't have to actually make the call, but I'd be thinking seriously about it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

toiletbrush posted:

I was hoping maybe it was part of an extended meta-interview where the first person to say 'is this serious?' gets the CTO position but yikes that company sounds *terrible* bullet dodged etc

they asked me directly after the demo was complete why i didn’t make one and i told them i was proud of having never made or presented a powerpoint slide in my career because it’s one of the worst things you can do for a presentation.

they weren’t happy with that answer, i guess

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

PIZZA.BAT posted:

name and shame

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

ultrafilter posted:

Did they at any point indicate that you should make slides? Or is that just something that they assumed you would know to do?

of course not. the assignment emphasized that id be presenting to a technical crowd that was interested in learning the specifics of how to integrate with their platform. be prepared to make changes to the code on the fly and all that jazz

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

id be tempted to just ghost them. block the email domain, block the phone number, go on with your search

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

uncurable mlady posted:

name and shame

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

uncurable mlady posted:

name and shame

a goon in the industry pm’d me a few weeks ago when i first started talking to these guys because they work in the industry and are looking around. that goon now knows to avoid these guys

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

they asked me directly after the demo was complete why i didn’t make one and i told them i was proud of having never made or presented a powerpoint slide in my career because it’s one of the worst things you can do for a presentation.

they weren’t happy with that answer, i guess

i share this opinion but i do not have the guts to say it in front of a manager. it'd be like telling a priest you're proud of never having read the bible. you're loving with their whole worldview, man

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
If you have a reliable number for the recruiter call them all :ohdear: and see how long you can concern troll them?

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I'm sorry that you had to waste your time on these shitters but this is hilarious and I can't stop laughing

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, really: that email's arrogance approaches performance art.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i share this opinion but i do not have the guts to say it in front of a manager. it'd be like telling a priest you're proud of never having read the bible. you're loving with their whole worldview, man

i misread the room there i’m not gonna lie

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

PIZZA.BAT posted:

They told you...

quote:

If so, I'll need a compelling story to bring back to the team. If not, we will consider the interview process complete and can wish you luck in your career.
Either give a compelling story or ghost.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
No, call them in tears and concern troll them for hours!

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
agree best response to something that needy is to ghost.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

poo poo dude, that email is an all-timer

They really are just trying to neg you to get a feel for how much poo poo you'll take. Typical but not typically that brazen

Send em the HR equivalent of goatse and move on unless you super need that job.

"Here's a compelling story: you guys interviewed me 2 (3?) times and are now saying I'm technically competent but won't hire me until I give you a reach around"

gently caress this pisses me off

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Hughlander posted:

They told you...

Either give a compelling story or ghost.
that line blew me away. its basically a rejection, but if you grovel hard enough we might make you a lowball offer for a junior position

gently caress that

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This literally needs to be x-posted to the Tech Bubble thread in case people don't read both.

Jesus H. Tittyfucking Christ, weeping tears of blood on the cross.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I feel like the goalposts have shifted several times during this process which has led me to believe that technical expertise or business acumen aren’t the primary attributes you’re looking for.

Unfortunately I agree with the team’s assessment and don’t think this is worthwhile to pursue any further.

Good luck finding a sucker

- PIZZA.BAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

please tell me you included the sucker line in your actual response