Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I haven't watched Big Brother since I graduated from college and couldn't/didn't feel compelled to keep up with the multiple episodes per week. I haven't seen the last 5 or 6 seasons.

Are people generally excited for this season? I don't even know who's playing. Maybe I'll watch this year. If I do, I'll stick to the broadcast, though, and just watch the story CBS decides to tell me.

(I didn't see a non-spoiler thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
A CBS intern leaked like half the cast this morning but otherwise the full reveal is during the premiere. I'm excited because they seem to be acknowledging people from older seasons and not instagram models coasting to jury.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I thought the whole cast was leaked last night?

https://twitter.com/rbbq/status/1290791758222307329?s=21

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I remember Janelle, Kaysar, Cody, and I think Ian. I like Janelle and Kaysar.

Seems like idiotic marketing to not reveal the cast ahead of time. Survivor revealed the S40 cast way in advance to get people hyped

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The only thing anyone needs to know about Enzo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YGlbIdoXuuU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

blue squares posted:

I remember Janelle, Kaysar, Cody, and I think Ian. I like Janelle and Kaysar.

Seems like idiotic marketing to not reveal the cast ahead of time. Survivor revealed the S40 cast way in advance to get people hyped

They’ve been holding off due to Covid. Basically it seems like they already lost of a couple of previous winners who went into sequester, but then had to drop out because of their asymptomatic results.

Also I'll be putting up the episode discussion thread in a few minutes.

Also sadly it seems like BBViewer doesn't work with the feeds any longer, the guy who makes it though is releasing a Chrome Extension with many of the same features.

Edit: Episode discussion here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935544

Teek fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 5, 2020

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I’m sad at no point this season will we not get Austin in his full wrestling gearing

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I'm ready to live watch what potentially constitutes "a good season of BB". BB21 was fun to watch at times but mostly frustrating. This year I watched a few more seasons, BB16 and 18 in preparation for this one based on some of the rumors so I've got a decent idea of what Cody and Nicole F are like. I'm honestly just happy to see David and Nicole A return!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Is this Janelle's 4th season of BB? Amazing to me that she hasn't moved on with her life. Same with Kaysar and Nicole if I'm being honest...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
With the premiere almost here I’m going to assume the list posted above is accurate.

Bayleigh - I’m good with this pick! I liked her and Swaggy C. Would have rather seen him come back, but she’s good too. I think she’s probably the better player, while he’s the more entertaining personality. Good pick.

Christmas - Good god does the internet hate this one. I don’t get it, I really don’t mind Christmas being back. The weird car ramming/coffee throwing story didn’t put me off the casting choice. There’s always going to be a few conventionally attractive people in the cast and at least she’s one with some potential gameplay upside.

Cody - Bleh. Sure.

Da’Vonne - Uhhhhh I guess.

Daniele - Oh god whyyyyyyy. Possibly the most overrated player in Big Brother history. The only upside is yet another opportunity to expose just how bad sucks. Hoping and praying she’s an early boot.

David - I don’t know him as BB21 is the only season I haven’t watched. Anyone mind giving me a quick intro to the dude?

Enzo - Ahahahaha sure. Probably the least exciting member of The Brigade they could have brought back, but he should be entertaining. I’m good with him being on the season. Seems guaranteed he’s going to try to form “the new Brigade” and fail spectacularly. Disappointed it wasn’t Hayden like rumored though.

Ian - I’m really fascinated with this one. Ian has the most to gain or lose with this season. I can imagine a world where he comes out and has a super impressive season going deep into the game or maybe even winning. I can also imagine a world where he’s an annoying socially maladjusted dork who plays himself right out the door. Curious to see how it’ll play out.

Janelle - Oh god whyyyyyy mk 2. Speaking of insanely overrated Big Brother players, here comes Janelle. Just going to hope and pray she goes early, even though I highly doubt she will.

Kaysar - gently caress off Kay-sarrrrrrrrr.

Keesha - A very fun pick and I’m thrilled to see her back! She could wind up being a dud, but she’s one of the players this season who could step out of Dan’s shadow and show us something.

Kevin - BB11 is all a blur to me, if it didn’t involve Ronnie or Jesse I put it out of my brain. I’ll base my opinion on if anyone can remember whether he liked or hated Russell the Love Muscle cause gently caress that guy.

Memphis - Hell yeah. Super excited for Memphis! I think he’s got a ton of potential and could easily wind up winning this. Hopefully he doesn’t get roped into some sort of “Brigade 2.0” with Enzo and Cody. A potential “the other guys in the Renegades” pairing with Ian could be a ton of fun.

Nicole A. - I don’t know her so if anyone can post a paragraph or two that’d be great.

Nicole F. - Another one the internet haaaaaaates but I’m actually pretty happy with. I dunno, she’s fun. Could see a really entertaining run where she pairs off with Ian and the two work off each other well.

Tyler - Hated him personally but respect the hell out of his gameplay. I could easily see myself turning around on Tyler this time. He’s probably the most dangerous player on the list and probably should be unanimous first boot if everyone has their head on straight. If he doesn’t bust out in the first week or two I could easily see him taking control and going very deep.

Disappointing snubs - No Rachel or Jesse. :sigh:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

BGrifter posted:

David - I don’t know him as BB21 is the only season I haven’t watched. Anyone mind giving me a quick intro to the dude?

The start of BB21 had this "Vote out the minorities" thing going on (Week 1 - David, Black Man, Week 2 - Ovi, Middle Eastern guy (I'm sorry I'm not 100% sure where he is from), Week 3 was Kemi, a Black Woman and Week 4 was Cliff, an older guy. The start of the game they had to pick a "Camp Director" for the first comp. David, Jackson and another girl all ended up campaigning for the slot and Jackson won. He responded by banishing David, Cliff, Jessica and Kemi. The 4 of them had to compete in a comp, the winner(s) stayed and the loser got evicted. Cliff, Kemi and Jessica (a Latina woman) all finished ahead of David who was evicted. The 2nd or 3rd week they announced Camp Comeback which let the evicted house guests come back and live in the house, they just couldn't vote or do anything. The players who were still in the game were horrible racist poo poo bags to David, Ovi and Kemi. Jack and Jackson were basically the main power duo in the house to start with, they were horrible to David. When Jack was head of household he specifically made a rule that said "No game talk with the Camp Comeback people" which further isolated the minority members of the house. Jack and Jackson called David the N word after he left. I feel like there was something else that happened between David and Jack regarding a mixer cup left in the fridge, but I don't remember specifically. Basically BB21 was horrible and the winner is a loving racist so don't watch it!

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 6, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
David was knocked out super early like right after the first comp, but was able to come back into the house during the time camp comeback was running. He ultimately lost the chance to get back into the house but he was definitely trying to get in a good game position and I thought he had a pretty good attitude about things and was one of the better personalities in the house for the short time he was there.

Nicole A was another one of those personalities, and I liked her approach to the game over the more ruthless/cutthroat types. Mostly I think I was just on board with her "happy to just be here" attitude, though there was some nasty poo poo that went down with the different alliances accusing her of all sorts of poo poo when that wasn't really her intent and that still irritates me to think about. Then when she tried to go at least talk it out they shut her out of the room and continued making GBS threads all over her and it was really nasty and unfair and reminded me of some of the shittiest times I had in high school. ANYWAY, I'm not sure how far that her kind of nice and non-ruthless style of approach to the game can really go, from other seasons I've watched that tends to fizzle out pretty quick, though it worked well for her season. I'm excited to see how she approaches the game this time, what she switches up, what she doesn't, and how she'll handle the comps this time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The cast strikes me as unoffensive, largely. Like I could nitpick the hell out of some of those players' games but like... there's no obvious duds who I can't understand getting a shot or who would turn me away from feeds. I mean, Da's had enough chances to play and keeps ending the same way but she's entertaining and people like her.

BGrifter posted:

Christmas - Good god does the internet hate this one. I don’t get it, I really don’t mind Christmas being back. The weird car ramming/coffee throwing story didn’t put me off the casting choice. There’s always going to be a few conventionally attractive people in the cast and at least she’s one with some potential gameplay upside.
People REALLY associated her hardcore with Paul to the point where it became a really popular theory that she was in love with him or something. So like for as much as a lot of people hate Paul they hate Christmas for being his enabler/minion/partner/secret lover/attack dog whatever. I think obviously Christmas was limited in what she could do and that whole cast broke into pairs+Paul and Christmas and Josh just correctly gambled that Paul would choose them over the rest. And I don't think people give Christmas enough credit for a lot of the social play necessary to get there. But again, that goes back to enabling/partnering with Paul but she really had no other options.

BGrifter posted:

We really don't know a lot about the guy. He was eliminated Day 1 and then returned as a non player in Week 2 and hung around for 3 weeks with the other evictees. The house was absolutely vicious and cruel to him, and many racist comments were directed against him. Within an hour of him returning the alliance in power called a house meeting to bully everyone into agreeing not to talk to David and they insisted David was an evil person who was there to sabotage all their good vibes and happiness. That continued for 3 weeks as the BB21 cast was horrible. David seems smart and had a good read on the house and had real good control of his emotions and handled a pretty terrible situation with grace and chill, but he wasn't in the game so we really have no idea what kind of player he is. But he definitely deserved a fair try to see what he can do.

BGrifter posted:

Nicole A. - I don’t know her so if anyone can post a paragraph or two that’d be great.
Nicole is quite possibly the nicest person ever to play BB. Like David she was the constant target of bullying and vicious poo poo but she's white so she wasn't banished pre jury. Game wise its impossible to say if she's good or bad. She was rational and reasonable but she played the entire game from the bottom with people using her and pushing her around. The infamous moment of the season was when the main alliance were scheming against each other and trying to use her to do it. She told the members she trusted, hoping to build some trust, but instead the entire 8 person alliance just scapegoated her for all their scheming and created a screaming, ranting mob, refused to let her defend herself or enter HOH, and berated her to her face for poo poo she absolutely did not do. She went on a late game run and became the last ditch hope for fans for a decent winner but ultimately she lost the F3 and was berated by the F2 showmance for having the nerve to try and eliminate them or counter their lying schemes.

Also she's scared of zombies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8WU8sgiR7g

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 6, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I feel like there was something else that happened between David and Jack regarding a mixer cup left in the fridge, but I don't remember specifically. Basically BB21 was horrible and the winner is a loving racist so don't watch it!

I thought that was the shaker cup with Kemi and Jack. Either way yeah BB21 was very bad overall.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SalTheBard posted:

Basically BB21 was horrible and the winner is a loving racist so don't watch it!

That’s what I hear so I’ve put it off till now. With the new season starting tonight I doubt I’ll watch it any time before Christmas. (The holiday not the All-Star)

Sounds like David got a raw deal the first time around. Seems reasonable to give him a second chance this year. Thanks for giving the recaps about S21 for context.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lastdancer posted:

I thought that was the shaker cup with Kemi and Jack. Either way yeah BB21 was very bad overall.

My memory is Kemi put her shaker cup in the fridge one time and Jack LOST HIS MIND over it and would not stop bringing it up as a sign of a what a horrible bitch Kemi is. Then it turned out Jackson put it in there as one of his many schemes to stir up poo poo against the non white people in the house.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh Jesus I'm watching Jack scold Kemi about her shaker bottle and I forgot what a raging dickhead Jack is to Kemi. Goddamn I hate that guy.

https://twitter.com/expensivekordei/status/1150907020159201280

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 6, 2020

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

My memory is Kemi put her shaker cup in the fridge one time and Jack LOST HIS MIND over it and would not stop bringing it up as a sign of a what a horrible bitch Kemi is. Then it turned out Jackson put it in there as one of his many schemes to stir up poo poo against the non white people in the house.

Ah yes, I remember now that even beyond that moment he had a HUGE hatred of Kemi for some reason...

Ugh, the less said of 21 the better...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Finishing my rewatch of BB10 while waiting for the premiere and I sure hope Memphis doesn’t make a... fruitless exit. :haw:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It gets forgotten because he was eliminated early and Jackson was SUCH a piece of poo poo for so much longer, but Jack was so bad that his eviction was like the highest rated episode in years and was trending #1 twitter all day and stuff like that. Jack was a loving monster, especially towards Kemi and David.

But to his credit he's the only member of that group who seemed to really GET what they had done wrong and actually apologize for it and own it. You can probably argue he just had coaching from production and that very sobering eviction interview and that would be fair, but you could also really see it in him the last week or so in the house. He knew he had made a mess of things and there were a bunch of cases where people like Tommy and Analyse were suggesting things to him and he was like "Why would Nicole help me? I've screwed her over like 4 times." Or "No, I'm not going to win America's Favorite. They'll hate me."

So even though Jack is one of the worst members of H8ful I think he's also paradoxically one of the better members. Bella being the other member who did some of the most heinous poo poo but also owned it and offered true sounding apologies (before she left the house).

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 6, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pillowpants posted:

I thought the whole cast was leaked last night?

https://twitter.com/rbbq/status/1290791758222307329?s=21

Like... I gotta admit there's enough going on in that cast that I'm probably talking myself into it. Like it will be delightful to see Nicole A back. I loved Kaysar and am curious if he can pull a Yul and play well. I'm curious to see if Tyler and Cody sink or swim without their allies. I'm curious to see what Nicole does. I'm curious to see what Christmas and David do. Keesha and Memphis could be fun. Janelle... probably tv one way or another. The only one there I have no interest in is like Bayleigh because she was kind of terrible but odds are she won't have the miserable combination of Angela/Swaggy/FOUTE this time around so maybe she'll play smarter.

I'll see after I watch the premiere. But I got my free month of feeds at least.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I'm so loving happy Kevin is back

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

"Paul was not robbed" good girl Nicole

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cool a clip move in show.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

curiousCat posted:

"Paul was not robbed" good girl Nicole

Haha Kupo I thought the SAME THING. I said "Who the gently caress thinks Paul was robbed that season?"

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

jdfhgbsdfkjgh them all wearing masks outside of the house

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

curiousCat posted:

jdfhgbsdfkjgh them all wearing masks outside of the house

Well except for Julie... Don't need to mask the chinbot.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Just a reminder, we got an episode discussion thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3935544&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#pti3

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

ty I'd never seen it

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

curiousCat posted:

I'm so loving happy Kevin is back

:hai:

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I'm hype as hell for Christmas. And David!

And Nicole A!

And obviously Janelle the queen.

Savahontas fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 6, 2020

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Whoop, moving this to episode discussion.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Three hour wait til the feeds to live. :sigh:

Guess I’ll rewatch the west coast airing and catch the 30 minutes I missed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I MIGHT be into it.

I'll probably be watching feeds at 1 AM. Its too tempting to not see Night 1 social dynamics form and game get initiated.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’m off tomorrow and don’t have anything to do till a family gathering at noon so I’m staying up as late as I can. Gonna guess the players will be up super late tonight.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

I MIGHT be into it.

I'll probably be watching feeds at 1 AM. Its too tempting to not see Night 1 social dynamics form and game get initiated.

Just when I thought I was getting out...they sucked me right back in!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was really dreading it but like.. that was fun. Not a lot has been fun lately but that was kind of fun.

Even the HGs I don't like I don't like for basic personality stuff, not because they're horrible racists or bullies... that I know of. There's a lot of people that can turn bad but watching from Night 1 at least means we won't turn on feeds and see a house divide that is never truly explained and some HG being ostracized for some event no one actually talks about.

So I guess I'll ride until she bucks me. But I'm gonna try and avoid getting consumed by it. I don't think that's healthy right now. If it ever was.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Just when I thought I was getting out...they sucked me right back in!

I've been with this show since Season 2, and I was just about fully checked out last season. S20 and 21 were the first two that I quit mid-season, and in the last 7-8 years, the show had gradually eliminated the most precious of Big Brother emotions: Catharsis. More seasons than not were the same thing: a group of the worst people you know creating a popular-kid mega alliance, and systematically eliminating the rest of the house, with nearly no resistance.

A whole season full of known strong players, who tilt towards the older side (for a show like this), and who are mostly (all?) in committed long-term relationships feels like a completely different show. For the first time in probably a decade I'm actually excited about the possibilities from this cast!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Bucswabe posted:

I've been with this show since Season 2, and I was just about fully checked out last season. S20 and 21 were the first two that I quit mid-season, and in the last 7-8 years, the show had gradually eliminated the most precious of Big Brother emotions: Catharsis. More seasons than not were the same thing: a group of the worst people you know creating a popular-kid mega alliance, and systematically eliminating the rest of the house, with nearly no resistance.

A whole season full of known strong players, who tilt towards the older side (for a show like this), and who are mostly (all?) in committed long-term relationships feels like a completely different show. For the first time in probably a decade I'm actually excited about the possibilities from this cast!

I completely agree. And the diversity here? I'm THRILLED.

I did forget for a second these are real people and was kind of underwhelmed by Kaysar and Janelle's reunion. I want them to work together for my own selfish superfan reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Feeds now up... on another desktop screensaver. Classic music is back at least.