Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
12/10 Man Tag
Swole vs Reba
Best Friends vs The Best
Mox vs Darby
View Results

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/1MoroccanPrince/status/1291191903942213634

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 8/5 via https://www.f4wonline.com

quote:

Taz, Tony Schiavone and Jim Ross were the commentary team.

All three play the role of color commentator and none of the three know the names of moves so it's a real challenge for them to get these matches over.

Mr. Brodie Lee, Colt Cabana, Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, Five & Nine defeated The Young Bucks, FTR, Hangman Page & Kenny Omega

This was chaotic, but in a good way. Lots of action. .

Lee and Nick started out. Lee didn't fare well and he tagged Nine to be a sacrificial lamb. The Elite and FTR worked Nine over. Lee cut off Omega with a kick on the floor and the tide turned.

The momentum shifted again as Omega made his own comeback on Grayson and Uno. Nick hit a flip dive off the post to the floor.

The match turned again as Dax sold a knee injury after hitting a double stomp off the second rope. Cash and Page helped Dax as he limped to the back. This left Matt, Nick and Omega 3-on-6 against Dark Order.

Page finally made his way back to the ring and got a hot tag from Matt. Page ran absolutely nuts, beating Dark Order 1-on-5 as Lee looked on. Page hit a moonsault off the post. Page then dared Lee to tag in.

Lee and Page traded strikes. Uno cut Page off with a kick from the apron. Cabana tagged in and hit a Chicago Skyline. Omega saved. Grayson hit a 450 on Page for a near fall. The Bucks jumped in for a superkick party.

The Bucks hit tandem superkicks on Lee into a snap dragon suplex from Omega.

For the finish, Page went for the Last Call on Lee. Lee ducked and hit Page with a discus lariat for the pin.

Best Friends were shown arriving at the building in Trent's mom's van.

Jon Moxley cut a promo. He said he had a lot of demons early in his career. He said people tried to talk him out of fights and he didn't listen, so he understands why Darby Allin is fighting him tonight.

Moxley said roles have reversed and now he's the veteran talking sense to the young guy. He said Allin is his favorite guy in AEW and he doesn't want to be responsible for ending his career.

Moxley asked Allin to stay down when he tells him it's time to stay down.

I liked this promo. Good content and good delivery to set up a babyface match for the title.

Best Friends defeated Santana & Ortiz

This was a long match and much slower-paced than the opener. Some of it was good but a lot of it felt like filler. Trent sold for the bulk of the match.

Taylor was in control at the outset. Trent tagged in and got cut off after being tripped on the apron. Santana used a cutter for a near fall.

Trent made a hot tag to Taylor. Taylor hit sole food and used a falcon arrow for a near fall. Trent tagged back in and got cut off again.

Santana and Ortiz set up for the Street Sweeper. Taylor shoved Santana off the top and Trent trapped Ortiz's leg for the fluke pin.

This felt like the first match of a longer program based on the finish.

JR threw to a MJF pre-taped skit from his campaign headquarters. MJF ripped on Lee Johnson for hanging a campaign poster crooked. He told Nina to smile or not talk at all.

MJF said that just because he has his title match at All Out, he's not letting up in his campaign.

The camera operator asked if he was concerned that Darby Allin might win tonight. MJF said it would be a real shame if the 125-pound emo kid won the title, he'd hate to face him and totally blew him off.

Matt Hardy was in the ring for a promo. He said he came to AEW because he wanted to come to a place where he was respected, where he could be an attraction and where he could give back to younger talent.

Hardy said he also wants to give back and help young talent as Matthew Hardy. Hardy said he's taken Private Party under his wing. He said he made the same offer to Sammy Guevara but Guevara gave him a proverbial middle finger.

Hardy said he no longer wants to help Sammy, he wants to hurt him.

Guevara ran in and they had an intense brawl. Hardy got the upper hand. He set up a table. Guevara came back and posted Hardy and placed Hardy on the table. Hardy bled a gusher.

Guevara came off the stage with a senton on Hardy through the table.

They cut away from the brawl to the parking lot. Santana and Ortiz used a madball and a sledgehammer on Trent's mom Sue's van.

Santana spray painted "Sue" on the hood of the van and sprayed an X through it.

Matt Cardona & Cody (w/Arn Anderson) defeated Alex Reynolds & John Silver

This was a very basic tag. Cardona looked fine but didn't do a ton as Cody sold for most of the match.

Reynolds and Silver almost immediately cut Cody off, ramming his ribs into the ring frame. Tonight is a big apron bump night as we got our third in three matches. Cody sold his ribs big.

Reynolds and Silver continued working on the ribs through a commercial break. Cody tried a backslide but Silver blocked. Cody hit a powerslam and made the hot tag.

Cardona hit a dropkick through the ropes to the floor on both Silver and Reynolds. Cardona hit a double underhook powerbomb on Reynolds for a near fall.

The match broke down. Cody hit Silver with a cutter. Reynolds sent Cody outside. Silver and Reynolds doubled up on Cardona. Cody and Silver did a simultaneous suplex spot over the top to the floor.

Cardona hit Reynolds with Radio Silence (the former Rough Ryder) for the pin.

As Cody made his way to the back, Scorpio Sky approached him in the tunnel. Sky tapped on the TNT Championship, indicating a future challenge.

Best Friends cut a promo in front of Sue's van. They promised to get Santana and Ortiz back and make them apologize to Sue on speaker phone.

Guevara came to the stage and did his gimmick with the cards. One of the cards said that Chris Jericho was a master debater.

AEW Super Wednesday 2020 Debate

Justin Roberts introduced the moderator, Eric Bischoff. Bischoff didn't do any shtick, he just introduced Cassidy and Jericho.

Cassidy entered first. Jericho entered with Jake Hager. Hager was carrying the jacket that Cassidy ruined with orange juice.

Bischoff posed the first question, "Why do Jericho and Cassidy hate each other so much?"

Jericho answered first. He ripped on Cassidy for not dressing up for the occasion. Jericho was wearing a suit. Cassidy was in his usual gear. Jericho said Cassidy is a joke, a flash in the pan and plays pocket pool. Cassidy said nothing.

The second question was who is the bigger star and who is the better wrestler.

Jericho said he's won 50 titles around the world while the only title Cassidy won was biggest slacker in his high school. Jericho said if they had gone to the same high school he would have stuffed Cassidy in a locker, stolen his money and his girlfriend. Cassidy said nothing.

The third question was about rising sea levels. Jericho blew the question off. Cassidy gave a detailed response about the danger of rising sea levels.

The fourth question was about why Cassidy is so popular. Jericho called Cassidy a pimple on the rear end of life and everything wrong with wrestling. Cassidy ignored the question.

The final question was why the rematch meant so much to both men. Jericho started to answer. Cassidy interrupted and said that he knew what Jericho was doing, challenging a guy who doesn't talk to a debate.

Cassidy said Jericho was trying to humiliate him but he isn't humiliated. Cassidy said next week is thebiggest match of his life. He said it's the biggest match of Jericho's life too.

Cassidy said imagine Jericho losing to the guy who puts his hands in his pockets.

Bischoff declared Cassidy the winner. Jericho said he hasn't liked Bischoff for 22 years. Bischoff said it was actually 24 years.

Jericho said he was going to kick the poo poo out of Cassidy next week, but Hager is going to kick the poo poo out of Cassidy now.

Hager attacked Cassidy and laid him out. Best Friends ran in for the save.

This was a fun segment. Cassidy was excellent, Jericho was excellent and Bischoff was good in his limited role.

Tony Schiavone interviewed Britt Baker. He asked who Baker had chosen as Big Swole's opponent tonight.

Baker said she had chosen... Reba.

Big Swole defeated Reba

Swole used a side headlock. Reba came back with a suplex. Reba missed a second rope moonsault and Swole hit Dirty Dancing for the pin.

Why did this happen?

Jericho vs. Cassidy in a $7,000 obligation match, Cody vs. Scorpio Sky for the TNT title, plus FTR Tag Team Appreciation Night with Omega and Page vs. Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy in a non-title match, Stu Grayson and Evil Uno vs. The Young Bucks, and a special appearance by Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and The Rock 'n' Roll Express were announced for next week.

AEW World Championship match: Jon Moxley defeated Darby Allin to retain the title

This was a good brawl.

Moxley came to the ring wearing a paper Moxley mask. Allin slapped Moxley before the bell. Moxley fired back with a forearm shot.

Moxley hit some powerful strikes. Allin hit a shotgun dropkick and a tope suicida to the stage. Moxley threw Allin off the stage into the ring post before a commercial break. Moxley used a single-leg crab and an STF during the break.

Moxley hit an x-plex. Allin came back with a tackle through the ropes and they crashed to the floor. Allin hit a tope through the bottom and second ropes. Moxley probably saved Allin's life by catching him.

Allin stomped on Moxley's hands and hit a flip dive off the post to the floor. Back inside, Allin went for a second rope Coffin Drop. Moxley blocked. Allin hit a code red for a near fall. Moxley came back with a belly-to-back suplex off the second rope.

Wardlow and MJF came to the ring. Wardlow took the ref. MJF grabbed the title belt and laid out Moxley with a belt shot. Allin hit a Coffin Drop and Moxley kicked out. Moxley bladed after the belt shot. Allin hit a backpack stunner and a running back elbow.

Allin came off the top with another Coffin Drop but Moxley caught him on the landing and put on a sleeper. Moxley then hit a Gotch-style piledriver. Allin kicked out at two.

Moxley hit the Paradigm Shift and pinned Allin.

Moxley cradled Allin's head to indicate that he was proud of him after the match.

They cut to MJF watching on a monitor backstage, he was livid that Moxley retained.

News
The Deadly Draw is Mondays at 7! This week the Nightmare Sisters and Dark Conti advanced!
The Action Figures are out!
More Street Fighter x AEW shirts are out!

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT WEEK:
TAG TEAM APPRECIATION WEEK
The Hung Omega Men vs Jurassic Express
Young Bucks vs Dark Order
The Rock And Roll Express
Scorpio Sky vs Cody
Jericho vs Orange

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your First TNT Champion who has never had his belt stolen period:

Your First New Champions in AEW History the Second AEW Tag Team Champions:

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1278512415475412992

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to not have his title belt stolen at Longhorn Steakhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

lol Reba

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I know they've had like a week to make the shirt because tapings, but I really want to believe instead that Matt is such a carnie that in his hurt, bleeding state he could smell a t-shirt opportunity and designed it himself before passing out.
https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1291194226328338433

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Not a good night for the women’s division, opener and debate segment were cool though

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Orange Cassidy

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Big improvement over last week. I'm absolutely loving Hangman's booking.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
can jon moxley, orange cassidy, and hangman page all simultaneously hold the title somehow

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Alaois posted:

Orange Cassidy

OC for all of the belts

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

DeathChicken posted:

Reynolds and Silver with the 18 part combo attack was incredible

strong King/Armor King energy

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm lolling at Cody debuting his friend by sucking up all the heat and still getting offense in while selling in a "jobber squash match". What's the thought process here? Silver/Reynolds looked the best to me.

Good show in general though EMF is right.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm lolling at Cody debuting his friend by sucking up all the heat and still getting offense in while selling in a jobber squash match. What's the thought process here?

They're going to have a match at All Out

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think it's clear that AEW gets that they should have a better women's division but also they're not fully confident of the talent pool they have (particularly with corona). And, yeah, a lot of them need more training, there's something going wrong on the training end or the agenting or the scouting. They're not on a par with other TV promotions in that regard and need to really develop it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm lolling at Cody debuting his friend by sucking up all the heat and still getting offense in while selling in a "jobber squash match". What's the thought process here?

cody also turned off the crowd sweetening for the main. he is dusty's son

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sue

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

oh but seriously I posted:

cody also turned off the crowd sweetening for the main. he is dusty's son

I have come around to Cody's segments being Southern Wrasslin' as gently caress.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope we get BLOOD & GUTS for Best Friends vs Inner Circle. What two wrestlers do the Best Friends incorporate to join them?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The Best Friends/Inner Circle feud is like, the perfect mix of comedy and seriousness. It's amazing.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

lol radio silence. cute

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think it's clear that AEW gets that they should have a better women's division but also they're not fully confident of the talent pool they have (particularly with corona). And, yeah, a lot of them need more training, there's something going wrong on the training end or the agenting or the scouting. They're not on a par with other TV promotions in that regard and need to really develop it.

two p. talented women chose to slum it in impact instead of jumping aboard, they clearly hosed up somehow in the negotiations

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

JOHN CENA posted:

i hope we get BLOOD & GUTS for Best Friends vs Inner Circle. What two wrestlers do the Best Friends incorporate to join them?

Matt Hardy for Sammy and a Wood Chipper for Hager.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Hopefully Cody drops the TNT belt to Scorpio so Scorpio can run with it and Cody can transition to Re-running the Spears angle with his buddy Matt or whatever.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Almost of AEW's women's roster is either injured, in exile or bad and they arn't in a position to reinforce it with capable workers. It's in a bad state and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

I said in the GDT that it would be Private Party and Best Friends vs. Inner Circle and I stand by that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Almost of AEW's women's roster is either injured, in exile or bad and they arn't in a position to reinforce it with capable workers. It's in a bad state and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

I think they're planting the seeds for a lot of stories about the women's division in the tag tournament. At least, that's what I noticed when I watched it.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

I mean, for all of Impact's faults they clearly demonstrate that they value their women's roster in a way I don't think AEW has yet. My opinion is that even if they don't have a deep pool at the moment, they need to just bite the bullet and start featuring women more heavily or they're going to get a reputation that could be hard to shake

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Moxley/Allin was great. Smart use of interference where it added to the long-term story but didn't harm either of the guys in the match. I totally bit on that nearfall on Mox after the beltshot, too.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Maxwell Lord posted:

I wouldn't really say confidently that they "get they should have a better women's division" until they find a way to do better by the established talent they have. Keeping the Britt-Swole angle going through Britt's injury is really the only thing I would say they've done well.

Shida/Swole/Penelope are still being booked like afterthoughts. You had Shida cut a babyface open challenge promo and all we got out of it was a match against Diamante and then a week where she wasn't on TV. Nyla gets Vickie as a manager and then nothing. Penelope hasn't been on TV in over a month. Women's matches and storylines still consistently get treated like afterthoughts in both the booking and promotion of the show. Obviously the injuries are a big factor but even judging on a curve it's...not good, imo

edit: And yeah, they've whiffed pretty bad so far on talent that came available after the pandemic and injury wave

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

I think they're planting the seeds for a lot of stories about the women's division in the tag tournament. At least, that's what I noticed when I watched it.

This is the thing that gives me confidence, is that they do have personalities and stories. It's not quite like the Divas Division where there were a lot of women whose persona was "Generic, Hot". I know who Mel and Penelope Ford and Leva and so on are, what makes them different from others.

I also kinda like the shift Allie has. The Bunny was a cool persona but she's thriving without that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChrisBTY posted:

There's really not a lot they can do right now. They were pushing Stat and Britt and both of them got injured. Riho and Yuka are stuck in Japan. Who is there to put on TV? You can't run Shida vs. Nyla every week.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ivypls posted:

I mean, for all of Impact's faults they clearly demonstrate that they value their women's roster in a way I don't think AEW has yet. My opinion is that even if they don't have a deep pool at the moment, they need to just bite the bullet and start featuring women more heavily or they're going to get a reputation that could be hard to shake

I agree, when NXT lost nearly all it’s talented women to call ups at once they still featured women prominently on the show, and yea the matches weren’t the same level as Asuka’s run or Bayley and Sasha’s but representation matters and I don’t think Tony Kahn believes that.

Like why announce your women’s fan club today then only have one brief segment which was good but it just comes off tone deaf. Their men’s division is fine that’s why to me bringing in mediocre at best Cardona is lame when you should be spending a lot of money to bring WWE’s stars of their women’s division over the same way WCW took Nash and Hall, or hell the same way WCW took ECW’s best they should be taking NXT’s any way they can to build this thing.

It won’t be built in a day no, but it needs to be built faster. or they need to acknowledge their flaws and say how they’re working in it besides a youtube show and fan club, all good things, but A show representation matters a lot.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm wondering what the tag situation is going to be for All Out considering the Elite/FTR stuff. My guess is Brodie/Colt vs. Hangman/Kenny and Bucks vs. FTR.

Tonight did really make me want to watch Hangman vs. Brodie as a PPV main event.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Like why announce your women’s fan club today then only have one brief segment which was good but it just comes off tone deaf. Their men’s division is fine that’s why to me bringing in mediocre at best Cardona is lame when you should be spending a lot of money to bring WWE’s stars of their women’s division over the same way WCW took Nash and Hall, or hell the same way WCW took ECW’s best they should be taking NXT’s any way they can to build this thing.

So....they should engage in contract tampering?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The women's roster just isn't good, let's stop dancing around that. You can get mad about them not "featuring women more heavily" but let's be frank, very little of these people are worth featuring heavily. Throwing bad/inexperienced talent on TV just for the sake of it doesn't help anybody.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The fact that they’ve only signed two women with approximately two years combined experience during the pandemic is an indicator to me that they’re intent on riding this out until the women who live overseas can rejoin the fray rather than try and expand the top of the women’s division right now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really enjoyed the women's tournament. It was much better than I thought. Most of the competitors should not be on Dynamite yet, but Tay should absolutely be someone they sign and train.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

That’s not what WCW did so not at all what I said. Some of these women have to have contracts ending soon and they should be making big main event offers to them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

Eat My Fuc posted:

That’s not what WCW did

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

That’s not what WCW did so not at all what I said.

this is a twist i wasn't expecting from EMF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Benne posted:

The women's roster just isn't good, let's stop dancing around that. You can get mad about them not "featuring women more heavily" but let's be frank, very little of these people are worth featuring heavily. Throwing bad/inexperienced talent on TV just for the sake of it doesn't help anybody.

They should sign better women. They should give promo/screen time to the healthy wrestlers they do have to get the audience more invested in them. They're almost a year into the TV show and five months into the pandemic.

There is a 0% chance they would let any other division struggle for this long even with extenuating circumstances, and that is a bad sign about how they've chosen to prioritize it