Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747
wow, thanks.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Synthetic Dreams has issued a correction as of 22:58 on Aug 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Synthetic Dreams posted:

Those cats in fancy dress are beautiful..

EDIT: so, um, i have big emergency due to some failed house appliances, and while I could probably sell my sanity to Rent-a-Center to solve it, maybe goons could help out with buying replacements since everything in my house is vintage 1979 and beyond anyone's ability to find replacement parts for. I need about $10,000 USD, and I can show you invoices in private for the estimates I got for replacing them. It's okay if there are higher priority individuals right now. I've received a lot of sincere help from y'all, and I'm very appreciative, so if you can spare anything, my PayPal is https://www.paypal.me/ravenouswitch or Venmo: @Raging-Strikes. I can even do Zelle or Cash app, but it's like whatever. I've been without some meds up until today so I'm kinda just vibing on feeling sane again, lol. <3

Are you not looking for used at all? You should be able to get used washer, dryer, fridge, stove and dishwasher for $2k or less, throw in a couple hundred for delivery and installation...

$10k seems like a shitload to be spending on appliances you can't afford and you're asking others to help pay for.

Not trying to be an rear end, just suggesting you really give used a shot if you haven't.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Why is everything in your house vintage 1979???
And Jesus Christ why is vintage 1979 so expensive??

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Synthetic Dreams posted:

EDIT: so, um, i have big emergency due to some failed house appliances, and while I could probably sell my sanity to Rent-a-Center to solve it, maybe goons could help out with buying replacements since everything in my house is vintage 1979 and beyond anyone's ability to find replacement parts for. I need about $10,000 USD, and I can show you invoices in private for the estimates I got for replacing them. It's okay if there are higher priority individuals right now. I've received a lot of sincere help from y'all, and I'm very appreciative, so if you can spare anything, my PayPal is https://www.paypal.me/ravenouswitch or Venmo: @Raging-Strikes. I can even do Zelle or Cash app, but it's like whatever. I've been without some meds up until today so I'm kinda just vibing on feeling sane again, lol. <3

lol 10K????????? you are insane

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
vintage 1979 is making a comeback, hodl and make bank selling your furniture in a few

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
who gave you these estimates?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pohl posted:

lol 10K????????? you are insane

great taste in fancy cat portraits though :catbert:

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Aug 5, 2020

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Synthetic Dreams posted:

I'm not going to go into details but you should leave and stop asking this thread for things.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I'm trying to figure out why exactly the 10.000 dollars furniture here. What kind of appliance problem could have damaged them to that extent. Did your entire kitchen explode?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm not going to go into details but you should leave and stop asking this thread for things.

Seeing lots of different sob stories all over the net for them. Either the unluckiest person on the planet, or a chronic scammer.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

arise, arise...Brother Aziz! pants!

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
At Walmart you can get a cheapass fridge for $200 and a good one for $400. Really not sure how you came up with that $10K figure unless you simply must have a solid gold stove.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can often get secondhand fridges for free, like i did, and my secondhand stove/oven was like 75 euros. I pay 5 euros a month for a shared rented washing machine. All my appliances together are probably like 150 euros total :v:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
sorted by 1979 too quickly and accidentally sorted by price highest to low and bought the rare jade cocaine refrigerator please advise

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
So.. uh, what's the story here?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I need emergency money to buy wayfair “appliances”

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
OK, new rule.

No posting your paypal.me/venmo/whatever in this thread, go through the email address, if you PM me I'll redirect you to the email address (which will be changing in the next day or two)

Please make a paypal.me or venmo if you don't have one, if you do venmo, I'll send you my venmo for you to send a request incase you fat finger your venmo or whatever in the email (we've sent money to randos a few times which is unrecoverable)

NEW EMAIL: requst@goon.fund

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 11:27 on Nov 28, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zvahl posted:

sorted by 1979 too quickly and accidentally sorted by price highest to low and bought the rare jade cocaine refrigerator please advise

lmao

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

got lucky with the Bernie buxxx so I’m chipping in some $.

keep up the good work, plinkey

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Donated $50k, Gordon Ramsey's kitchen is finally safe.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarkEuphoria posted:

got lucky with the Bernie buxxx so I’m chipping in some $.

keep up the good work, plinkey

The Bernie Bux was his only meaningful political contribution for all of 2020....

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
wtf I want a 13k stove two but I’m not going to ask people to starve so I can have it, well besides every person in the third world because we make 13k stoves instead of paying them fair prices for things

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plinkey posted:

can you make them civil war generals?

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Aug 8, 2020

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol im probably going to get those printed, thank you

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you dont have PMs, so can you email me the origs

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Will do! :sun: We got my brother's cat portraits printed on canvas, that works really well.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

drat i had no idea this thread existed. a goon helped me out when i was homeless after the 2008 crash and threw me some cash- enough to buy up some rice and beans to get me through the summer before i was able to get on my feet again. time to pay it back

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

did anyone else just get a dm from synthetic dreams

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yup

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

What's their problem

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Sure did.

Why? Is anyone still irritated or something?

Don't give unless you can.

Also, we all make mistakes.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
1979 haunts us...

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Is panicking and getting overzealous in an emergency a crime?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
There's more to it than what's posted in this thread. They have asked multiple times and hosed some goons over before so I have 0 trust for that person.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
edit: I'm dumb and misunderstood how this works. Shot an email to the goonbucks account.

WeedlordGoku69 has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Aug 18, 2020

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Hot Karl Marx posted:

There's more to it than what's posted in this thread. They have asked multiple times and hosed some goons over before so I have 0 trust for that person.

I sent them the last couple bucks I had a while back because they said they were rationing insulin and couldn’t afford more. I’ve seen at least a dozen stories about people who were a few dollars short of paying for their insulin and dying for it, so it scared me for them. I can go without food a couple days if it means someone doesn’t die because American healthcare is hosed.

Anyways immediately after I sent it SD made comments that sounded like they were admitting to a grift. I want to believe the best in people so I let it go, now I’m just sad. :(

edit: I showed my wife General Catz and she was absolutely delighted lol

50s girl groupon has issued a correction as of 00:14 on Aug 19, 2020

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

50s girl groupon posted:

edit: I showed my wife General Catz and she was absolutely delighted lol

the framed prints should be ready sometime next week

thanks again ekuNNN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
The kitty portraits look amazing.

I also brain farted, and then sent an e-mail. Whoops.