Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

pospysyl posted:

How has Cody not aged in 8 years?

Cody hasnt aged and Ian is suddenly 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
The have-not room looks like a Freddy Kruger boiler room nightmare

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pospysyl posted:

How has Cody not aged in 8 years?

It’s only been 6 years hasn’t it?

Meanwhile Tyler looks like Weird Al now

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
In the Safety Suite is something every houseguest wants.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I wish Mr. Pectacular was on this season.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SalTheBard posted:

I wish Mr Pectacular was on every season!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Someone is getting fired for not installing the Have Not doggy door correctly.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That is hands down one of the funniest thing's I've ever seen live TV.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SalTheBard posted:

You shut your mouth.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

This was a very good first episode! Surprised how happy I found myself to be watching, given how hard I've fallen off the last two seasons by the end.

I wonder if Memphis and Cody will try to form a sidekick alliance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I enjoyed it. I might have my fire sparked a bit. Here’s my random jotted down thoughts.

I don’t know if she’s a good player or anything but I’ve always been sympathetic to Dani on the grounds that she played involuntarily attached to her scumbag dad the first time and the second time blew up her game for the guy who turned out to be her husband 10 years later. But also you could see Dani swallowing a mean girl comment when Nicole stepped on the same wrong star twice.

I think Cody WAS a good player. I agree with him that Derrick benefited from his relationships and information. But like… Cody doesn’t seems to grasp that his true flaw wasn’t sticking with Derrick, it was that Derrick built better relationships with people that left them respecting him while Cody emotionally manipulated them and left them feeling burned. So I don’t expect a lot from him to change. And yeah, I think Derrick checked his douchiness.

Although I definitely want to see Cody and Memphis team up and just be terrible. Like full on slapstick 3 Stooges bad.

Enzo was giving me strong Boogie vibes but he kinda won me over after he got Chenbot to ask how many divorcees the cast had.

Cody totally gonna nominate Kaysar.

I also enjoyed the bathroom group at the end of the episode being relieved there was no Dan or Derrick.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Shake I know what you're mean about being happy.

I felt so sad for my 18 month old Son the other day. We went to this park the other day, and he was running around in the grass. There was this group of kids playing with a soccer ball and he loves those so he ran over towards it. This Lady goes "Hey I'm sorry we are trying to socially distance our kids." while I was running over to stop him. I've been feeling really sad for him lately. I kind of needed this tonight.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm living in fear that Cody will start a male alliance and take out a Janelle or Keesha.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I see Cody, Memphis, Tyler, and Enzo potentially hooking up quick. I get the feeling Cody nominates Kayser and Janelle. They're kind of an easy established duo, the oldest players in the game, Kayser was the first name that jumped to mind to him, and it deflects male alliance stuff. Also Bill O'Reilly Calafiore Family Hour. But I definitely think all four of those guys will be trying to recreate the Hitman Renegade Level Six Brigade.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’d love it if things go a different direction and we get Ian/Memphis/Keesha together as a “friends of Dan” alliance. Maybe add Nicole F as a fourth to that crew as I could envision her and Ian clicking.

Makes it into two pairs of Ian/Nicole F and Memphis/Keesha. I suspect Memphis would get a lot further with that crew than ending up in some Brigade 2.0 trainwreck.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The hope would be that since Enzo, Cody, and Memphis all fell victims to their own bro alliances that maybe this time they'd want to change it up. But I think that temptation of building a strong core that can win comps will always be there and ultimately alliances come down to social relationships and who you like/trust/bond with.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I almost forgot, this premiere also had some great examples of one of my favorite BB/Amazing Race tropes: footage of the contestant definitely doing their actual job. Just so many stilted fake phone conversations where they say stuff like "I'm interested in our projections for etc." Always cracks me up.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

I almost forgot, this premiere also had some great examples of one of my favorite BB/Amazing Race tropes: footage of the contestant definitely doing their actual job. Just so many stilted fake phone conversations where they say stuff like "I'm interested in our projections for etc." Always cracks me up.

It's just slightly less cringy than the usual "surprise! You're going to be on big brother, and now you have to freak out because it's totally a surprise that you are on the show as this film crew follows you around" segments from every other season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My favorite was BB telling us Brett was some kind of corporate security hacker something and then it becoming obvious on the feeds that he was a software/tech salesman which is a totally fine job and even an asset to the game. But God help you if you told the Level Six fanbase that he wasn't Jason Bourne but was actually kind of an idiot.

And then the pay off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jmpnb_kWE4

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 6, 2020

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Me to a friend: “Hey remember when Cody kissed his dad on the lips?”

Then they poke fun at it. Hilarious.

Decent enough cast I suppose. I love the live gently caress-ups that always plague BB (Have-not room not unlocked, unforeseen wiggling stars causing Cody to avoid them, Julie repeating jokes several times until someone hears them).

Welcome back to my life, Big Brother.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

anyone notice daniele at the end of the episode ask "where are Dan and Derrick?" That sure says a whole lot.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Entered a Big Brother pool today, and it was a snake draft. I had the fourth pick and went with Christmas. Joke is on them -- she would have been my first overall pick, too.

My partner and her friend don't understand why I think so highly of Christmas.

I now fully expect her to be eliminated first.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Twin Cinema posted:

Entered a Big Brother pool today, and it was a snake draft. I had the fourth pick and went with Christmas. Joke is on them -- she would have been my first overall pick, too.

I now fully expect her to be eliminated first.

my ex and I did a draft and christmas was 15th pick

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Twin Cinema posted:

They're not alone.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I like Christmas but I wouldn’t be concerned about her from a game perspective if I was in the house.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Christmas seems like an early number who kind of fades into the wallpaper for the first part of the game, but could get dangerous late.

I could absolutely see her teaming up with a couple others at the bottom of an alliance, skating through to top 6-8 then going on an immunity run when her alliance is ready to cut her.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no episode tonight right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Christmas is a strong draft pick. She played a pretty killer social game on one leg and everyone kind of ignores the part where Josh and Paul both were scared to sit next to her in front of the Jury. Or how she pretty much single hand-idly salvaged Josh's game when he was self destructing Week 1. Or how she was backdoored Week 1 with the votes stacked against her and she stayed and blindsided the HOH. Now give her agency, the ability to compete in physical comps, and considerably less drugs and existential crisis? Big sleeper pick, IMO.

I mean sure. Bet against the successful self help conwoman and former private military contractor who once rammed the poo poo out of the car of the lady sleeping with her baby daddy... while pregnant. If that's not a Big Brother winner candidate I don't know what is.

JOHN CENA posted:

no episode tonight right?

Sunday I think?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 7, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Christmas is easy for people to write off because her name is loving Christmas.

But she seemed like a pretty good player and a good person from what I remember of the part of her season I watched...

Like a legit person to root for with a funny name.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Yeah I've always liked Christmas and wasn't even aware that there was fan backlash against her until it was brought up in this thread. Like, of typical BB contestants, she has to be in at least the top 25% of least unlikeable personalities, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I will say I think its entirely possible Christmas shows out too much or gets too aggressive now that she's getting a second chance without the handicap she had. And that could make her a target way too early. Also a lot of men and women don't like the kind of aggressive give no shits woman Christmas is so the wrong HOH could hurt her. But in her first season she had a really house wide social game that made it kind of impossible for anyone to target her without pissing off some allies. Just ask Cody.

So if she can manage the same kind of social game with the ability to win comps and make moves on her own, I'd make her one of my top sleeper picks.

The other player I can easily see winning this thing and surprising the hell out of people is Nicole F. I can see her doing the exact thing she did last time and just being there at the end.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 7, 2020

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

The other player I can easily see winning this thing and surprising the hell out of people is Nicole F. I can see her doing the exact thing she did last time and just being there at the end.

I recall that it was the first all star season that coined the term "floaters" and it was probably recognition that the people who seem harmless are the ones that make it to the late game, and, in many cases, win. There is probably a decent strategy in bringing the comp beasts together into an anti-aggression pact to get rid of all the non-competitive, full social game people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bucswabe posted:

I recall that it was the first all star season that coined the term "floaters" and it was probably recognition that the people who seem harmless are the ones that make it to the late game, and, in many cases, win. There is probably a decent strategy in bringing the comp beasts together into an anti-aggression pact to get rid of all the non-competitive, full social game people.

What Nicole did well in her winning season was establish relationships with all those comp beast players so whenever they targeted "floaters" Nicole was never on the list because she wasn't a threat to them individually. Nicole was basically no one's #1 (even Cody's) but like she was everyone's #3 or 4 or 5. Or if she wasn't your ally she also was like 3 or 4th on your list of targets.

I'm not sure I'd 100% call Nicole a "floater". Like there's an element of that the same there is with Andy, but she basically played Andy's game. Be good with the HOH, throw someone under the bus if you're not, never let yourself be used as a pawn, and abandon any sinking ship like the rat you are. And in a season like this with so many targets and players I can easily see Nicole rat her way through this one again. The only player in there similar is maybe Bayleigh or Ian? But I wouldn't put either really in the same "rat" category.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

SalTheBard posted:

Shake I know what you're mean about being happy.

I felt so sad for my 18 month old Son the other day. We went to this park the other day, and he was running around in the grass. There was this group of kids playing with a soccer ball and he loves those so he ran over towards it. This Lady goes "Hey I'm sorry we are trying to socially distance our kids." while I was running over to stop him. I've been feeling really sad for him lately. I kind of needed this tonight.

I agree that I was so happy to have some normalcy I was bouncing up and down. Also agree this is a rough time with kids. My girls miss their friends so much. 😕

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nicole F’s goal always seems to be attaching herself as the lowest person in the dominant block so she can be safe but also do her goofy Michigan “what happened?” poo poo with the people on the outside so they don’t gun for her either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, basically. She makes people feel like she needs them and she's struggling. That not only makes her come off non threatening and like someone who might owe them, but it makes them feel stronger and gets them blinded on their power. It works if you can gets some wins and make some moves and legitimize yourself. And have a good goat.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I cannot believe S6 is about to be involved in ANOTHER SIDE WAR

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Specifically labeling Christmas, David, and Keesha as "people who deserve a second shot" instead of "winners, greats, or fan favorites" was cold.

I mean Keesha was a fan favorite at least.

And why is there no photo of the scooter in Christmas' opening?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Nice to get the DRs to confirm Cody is as dumb as he seemed on the feeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

These DRs confirm to me that nobody's going to buy the usual HoH shiftiness.