Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
There's been talk about multiple different bubbles, with teams entering and leaving in on a rotation basis. So one team may have three weeks in a bubble in Vegas, then three weeks in a bubble in Orlando, then three weeks off. And so on throughout the season.

None of this is official, just scuttlebutt from people who talk to people at the legaue offices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There are some teams that would have a hard time operating under those conditions for a year. And then what do you do if like, the Hornets shut down for a year? Do you freeze the contracts? Are the players temporarily sent to other teams? What happens if it's the Rockets? Or the Thunder? I don't know, I don't have a better idea.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

PG tier list goes Rubio, White Chocolate, CP3

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

pba lifer/unlicensed hvac repair

Spacebump posted:

What are they going to do next season? I feel like there is no way they could do a normal length season in the bubble.

it’s not feasible to do a whole bubble season for a few reasons but i think the biggest one is maintaining quarantine for more players for a longer time, presumably with most of them having not gotten sick or being far removed from having the virus

if we assume a shortened season tipping off in like january or whatever? idk i mean i guess it could happen but it feels like there would be a lot of fuckups along the way

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

He seems very Stockton tier

the Bad Man in the Minivan

I'd have CP3 right up there after magic and stockton

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I think the most promising thing so far is seeing shai looking to pass more. Once he gets the keys he's going to explode.

Rick posted:

There are some teams that would have a hard time operating under those conditions for a year. And then what do you do if like, the Hornets shut down for a year? Do you freeze the contracts? Are the players temporarily sent to other teams? What happens if it's the Rockets? Or the Thunder? I don't know, I don't have a better idea.

At the very least this bubble shows the nba and nbapa can negotiate a reasonable deal for all parties.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Chris Paul is ELITE at getting injured in the playoffs/producing a mathematically near impossible choke job

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Small Paul George if you will

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Y'all talking 'bout Pouty P?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Praying for Ben Simon's

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Metapod posted:

Small Paul George if you will

Small George, surely?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

learned doctors need your thoughts

quote:

Dr. Brian Sutterer, of sports injury YouTube fame, has been watching intently and has his concerns. “He’s in a race against his own body,” Dr. Sutterer said over the phone. “If you go watch his Duke highlights compared to now, the difference is profound. In my opinion, his athleticism and conditioning have regressed substantially. He’s less explosive, less conditioned, slower on defense, has already had a portion of his meniscus removed from his knee after an injury, and he’s still under close monitoring from the medical staff.”

Through all the immediate Twitter buzz over Zion’s run, Dr. Sutterer sees a troubling long term trend. “I feel like nobody really wants to call it like we all see it,” Dr. Sutterer said. “He’s trying to reverse a career trajectory that by the Pelicans’ own admission is worrisome as evidenced by his ‘reprogramming’ and scrutinized minutes. He had four months to start making positive strides and to me he’s regressed more. When will he finally start to reverse course? Will it be in time before more substantial fitness concerns and injuries limit him and threaten his career? Instead of outpacing these risks, I’m worried that Zion is losing the race.”

sports injury YouTube fame

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dr. Michael Youtube here

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Zion fat. Upvotes to the left please

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm melting down https://twitter.com/JCowleyHoops/status/1291401047618007041?s=20

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Jim “The Untouchable” Boylen

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
"Zion will need to be careful how he manages his body, and has concerns of being a long term injury risk" isn't exactly a hot take. I wouldn't go nuts analyzing a handful of bubble games though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

At least the Bulls aren't going to lie to me this time.

They are letting me know from the jump that all I should expect is misery.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm melting down

Would you say you're boylen over being over Boylen?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Gotta say I'm excited for boylein season 2

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Teflon Don

Metapod posted:

Gotta say I'm excited for boylein season 2

I am Boyl- IN

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Are they still paying hoiberg?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

"Zion will need to be careful how he manages his body, and has concerns of being a long term injury risk" isn't exactly a hot take. I wouldn't go nuts analyzing a handful of bubble games though.

He's not saying that at all. He's saying Zion has regressed athletically and in health and is could be a timebomb

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

He's not saying that at all. He's saying Zion has regressed athletically and in health and is could be a timebomb

That would be "don't go nuts in a couple bubble game" part.....

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Imagine passing on a future all-nba guy like Ja for Tractor Taylor 2.0

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

Would you say you're boylen over being over Boylen?

how dare you

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

That would be "don't go nuts in a couple bubble game" part.....

So what is the "isn't exactly a hot take" part responding to? He's arguing that Zion's body is falling apart faster than they can load manage it, even with the restricted minutes and reprogramming. It's the hottest take I've heard on Zion's health outside of this thread when we are poo poo posting

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 6, 2020

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

up until now, jim boylen's run as an NBA head coach has been very funny. downright hilarious. i am glad to see it continue, even if it comes at the expense of the development and joy of many players i like. RIP the bulls

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
On the plus side it's not like the Bulls have any free agents they need to keep happy

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
told y'all last night, ben Simmons is out for the playoffs
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1291418223846608896?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He will be back in a week that is a nothing injury

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Simmons, Zion, JJJ, Bagley. Really sad about the health of these elite bigs

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

Since when did you become the voice of reason? ;)

Listening to Paul Pierce describe them as a first round exit without Ben was not what I wanted to hear.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

I also remember Andrew Bynum

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

learned doctors need your thoughts

sports injury YouTube fame

His statement doesn't follow from its priors. They're working on his jumping and movement so that he's not blowing himself apart. He should be somewhat less explosive than he was when he was just flinging himself into the sky at 300 lbs. I would give it some time

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/baxter/status/1291403728147214345?s=21

These guys having absolutely terrible rich guy taste in wine will never not be funny

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
“Zion is less explosive than he was in college” feels dumb when you consider he is playing against NBA athletes now and not Eastern Michigan

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Two buck chuck or gtfo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

https://twitter.com/baxter/status/1291403728147214345?s=21

These guys having absolutely terrible rich guy taste in wine will never not be funny

this article was great. JJ bought an 18 bottle wine fridge to bring into the bubble because he is a good friend and teammate

e: Josh Hart shipped in a wine fridge as well so let us also celebrate him

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

CJ McCollum setting his hotel room to 55 because he’s worried about Oregon Pinot going bad is so loving funny. It’ll be fine man.