Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY

Hypocrisy posted:

I think Steam is down.

Oh, so it is. Much happier that steam has borked up rather than finding sega has only provisioned five percent the number of servers it needs to cover all the demand the game has now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Now that I have linked my games, can I delete the MS Store version and reinstall through steam?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Annath posted:

Now that I have linked my games, can I delete the MS Store version and reinstall through steam?

Yeah

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I guess I can't access my Game Pass items I redeemed? Already deleted the MS Store version and installed on Steam and nothing in my visiphone. Boooo

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Looking forward to hearing PSO2 newbies’ reactions to Episode 4’s insanity.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Do you want an isekai novel because that's how you get an isekai novel, though ep5 really leans into it.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

That's it. My room needs no further furnishings.

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 5, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Ok, so is there a list of "what should I do first" now that Episode 4 is live? For reference I've got 5 classes at 75 and maxed nemesis and slave weapons for my main.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm at level 70 on my main class, and level 52 on my subclass. I just feel like things are really slow.

I don't understand affixes on gear at all, so I'm generally just looking for whatever has higher melee attack stat.

I'm playing Braver main class, and combat is weird. Stuff I'm fighting seems to be either so weak it dies in 1-3 attacks without my bothering with Perfect Hits, or on the other hand is a super tough damage sponge that takes forever to kill.

And I don't get how I'm supposed to be doing chains of Perfect Attacks when sometimes an attack animation lasts longer than the red circle is visible for.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ship 2, room B-004, the Lillipan sticker is currently on the left side of the bartender hut (right side if you're facing the bartender).

Annath posted:

I'm at level 70 on my main class, and level 52 on my subclass. I just feel like things are really slow.

I don't understand affixes on gear at all, so I'm generally just looking for whatever has higher melee attack stat.

I'm playing Braver main class, and combat is weird. Stuff I'm fighting seems to be either so weak it dies in 1-3 attacks without my bothering with Perfect Hits, or on the other hand is a super tough damage sponge that takes forever to kill.

And I don't get how I'm supposed to be doing chains of Perfect Attacks when sometimes an attack animation lasts longer than the red circle is visible for.

Usually there are weak points you can aim for/create by breaking a part of the enemy (those portal things on Phantasms for instance). Sometimes you need to upgrade weapons/upgrade the weapon element. Even if the enemy is not weak to the weapon's element it's a big increase in damage. As a braver you should be seeing a damage boost in general because the most recent update moved a lot of power away from Katana Focus and Shifta drinks got upgraded.

I'm not sure about your perfect attack issue. Any PA in particular causing you grief?

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 6, 2020

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I haven't seen so many new players in such a long time it's incredible.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Didn't read the instructions and uninstalled before enabling account linking. WinStore left the 80GB blob file behind, but it was an empty shell of lies, so this is a 140GB day for me on top of normal use.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

PHOOsun posted:

That's some connected thinking, if anyone has a ref ID for bonuses, I'll also be a newbie in game in an hour or two

id: teknologik
If anyone wants it. I found the rewards to be pretty good.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ok what are the steps to move my account from windows store to steam without loving everything up?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

fadam posted:

Ok what are the steps to move my account from windows store to steam without loving everything up?

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/steamlinkaccounts

Don't gently caress this up and create a new account when you launch the Steam version, it's irreversible.

Lemon King posted:

Snagging this from my pinned:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
It is loving amazing how well the game runs on Steam and I'm not even using the tweaker anymore. :wtc:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Turns out the Microsoft Store loving sucks!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Since I had to find it again after moving to Steam, this is where you can turn off all the notifications about your group members picking up "rare" loot.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
In the off chance it's possible, can you link a JP account to the NA system?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Gabby_Jay posted:

In the off chance it's possible, can you link a JP account to the NA system?

You cannot.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
Starting from scratch then. Might as well try a different class than what I played in the distant past.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Train dragon was a real rude surprise when I ran into it in Tokyo.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I love games that get released globally on steam but decide to be not available in my region for some reason. Just awesome.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

How do I buy the mission pass?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mill Village posted:

How do I buy the mission pass?

The regular version is free. If you mean the gold version with all the cosmetics:

1) Hit Escape to bring up the menu at the bottom of the screen
2) Select the shopping cart
3) Pick SG Shop
4) Click either Purchase to Inventory or Buy and Store

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Trying to redeem a gold reward without the gold pass will also offer you a prompt to buy one.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Reinstalled via WinStore, then tried copying the pso_bin directory over to the in-progress Steam downloading/<gameID> folder, but Steam doesn't seem to able to validate mid-download anymore. In fact it wasted 90+ minutes because there's 98,000+ files in the single directory and it's a logistical nightmare to highlight just 10 or 20 thousand files, copy, paste, and wait for Windows to hate you.

Anyway, 120GB-140GB later the accounts were linked.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Al-Saqr posted:

I love games that get released globally on steam but decide to be not available in my region for some reason. Just awesome.
Depending on your region it could be a gacha/loot box law thing.
That’s probably why it’s not available in Belgium for example despite most of Europe being able to get in.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

From what I saw on the oforums, Puerto Rico isn't allowed in, either.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It is loving amazing how well the game runs on Steam and I'm not even using the tweaker anymore. :wtc:

It ran fine for me through the MS store after that update a week or so in to launch but I'm just glad to have things like a functioning friend system. Assuming this means I won't get spammed with steam friend requests by PSO2...

kirbysuperstar posted:

From what I saw on the oforums, Puerto Rico isn't allowed in, either.

:psyduck:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I haven't even been to my purported room in this game yet, I'm not even sure how to do so. I mostly feed my furnishings to my mag to make sure I only level one stat.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Fabricated posted:

I haven't even been to my purported room in this game yet, I'm not even sure how to do so. I mostly feed my furnishings to my mag to make sure I only level one stat.

The green block transfer elevator can get you there, and there’s a Travel to Personal Quarters item in the quick menu too.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Fabricated posted:

The block changing teleport is where you do it.

I'd visit it since you can do crafts and interact with your auxiliary.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

The regular version is free. If you mean the gold version with all the cosmetics:

1) Hit Escape to bring up the menu at the bottom of the screen
2) Select the shopping cart
3) Pick SG Shop
4) Click either Purchase to Inventory or Buy and Store

you also get a gold ticket for each month of premium you subscribe to

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Gabby_Jay posted:

Starting from scratch then. Might as well try a different class than what I played in the distant past.

Had to do this too. Though I don't know if it's just blurred memories but it seems much faster and easier than way back when at JP release times.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Can you do egg weapon sheets without being a summoner? I'd like to grab some for a corn alt but gently caress actually playing a summoner on main.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Anyone know how to actually level crafting? I need more slots to pump out cool skills.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi

Rynoto posted:

Had to do this too. Though I don't know if it's just blurred memories but it seems much faster and easier than way back when at JP release times.

Even without using the free XP tickets it did feel like the first dozen or so levels popped really quickly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stanos posted:

Can you do egg weapon sheets without being a summoner? I'd like to grab some for a corn alt but gently caress actually playing a summoner on main.

You can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Stanos posted:

Yes.

And summoner is a great class. You just kind of stand there while your dog mauls everything. Atrophy all of your skills!

On an unrelated note, I forgot how a lot of the NPCs have their "talk" dialogue change based on where you are in the story.

Oh my lord episode 4 is dumb.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 6, 2020