Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That is so terrible it makes me wonder if Cole is a babyface now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MJeff posted:

That is so terrible it makes me wonder if Cole is a babyface now.

Undisputed Era has been fighting only heels since the Dexter Lumis storyline

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I cannot get over that they gave Adam Cole the longest world title reign in NXT history, had his stable dominate the company for even longer and put him over everyone from Johnny Gargano to Daniel Bryan, and their first post-championship storyline capitalizing on all of that time and effort is a feud with Pat Buck, Part-Time Backstage Guy

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I think they've done a soft face turn for TUE.

They haven't done the greatest with turns lately.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CarlCX posted:

I cannot get over that they gave Adam Cole the longest world title reign in NXT history, had his stable dominate the company for even longer and put him over everyone from Johnny Gargano to Daniel Bryan, and their first post-championship storyline capitalizing on all of that time and effort is a feud with Pat Buck, Part-Time Backstage Guy

oh no its not

its a feud with Pat McAfee, a retired NFL punter who doesn't even work for the WWE

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Pat Buck is feuding with Nia Jax in a segment that was worse than the fight club segments. This raw should be in a museum.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Alaois posted:

oh no its not

its a feud with Pat McAfee, a retired NFL punter who doesn't even work for the WWE

I actually knew the name part and messed it up because I have made the crucial mistake of posting while half-awake, but wait, I thought Cole's Pat was that dumb rear end in a top hat who hosted the youtube watchalongs and poo poo and got yelled at by Michael Cole for wearing shorts that one time

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vince has too much self loathing to ever let one of his “creations” go over anything he perceives as mainstream . He thinks by showing rear end and being an idiot the mainstream will let him in, that’s why he does this.

If literally any d list celebrity wanted to go over HHH at Wrestlemania Vince would let it happen.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

There's a lot of words I'd use to describe McMahon and I'm not sure self loathing would be one.

There's an element of him that is embarrassed to be associated with something as southern as wrestling which is why he insists he does sports entertainment, but I think that's separate from self loathing. I can't imagine Vince being one for self-reflection and that seems necessary for self loathing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he hates southern stuff because he was born in the south and left there by his dad and brother to be raised in it. there's self-loathing in the dude but it isn't the kind that manifests as depression. he has a lot of complex stuff tug of warring with everything else like grandiose delusions.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cool armchair psychiatry everyone

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That armchair's got some problems, ok?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he talked about it. ty

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Does anyone want to know what's wrong with the mind of senior referee John Cone.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Quantum of Phallus posted:

cool armchair psychiatry everyone

Thanks, glad it was appreciated. Fun to do.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cavauro posted:

Does anyone want to know what's wrong with the mind of senior referee John Cone.

Yes

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
All the smart asses in my comments section saying my SF2 WWE Camera vid was conservative / understated. So I Capcom'd the gently caress out of it with a Championship Opportunity edition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1t2xB8ZhY

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FullMetalJackoff posted:

All the smart asses in my comments section saying my SF2 WWE Camera vid was conservative / understated. So I Capcom'd the gently caress out of it with a Championship Opportunity edition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1t2xB8ZhY

The cut to Ryu is :discourse:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why is Ryu standing sideways to watch a tv

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wow that made Cole look like a huge loser idiot so I assume he’s a face now?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Well the rest of his friends didn't rush out to help him/check on him, so yeah?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

HHH gotta stand tall :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dango Bango posted:

He could just stand next to Cole for that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Triple H announced on ESPN's "Get-Up" that NXT Takeover XXX will have Adam Cole vs Pat McAfee after last night's confrontation on NXT.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What is Cameron Grimes' gimmick and why does he wear that terrible hat?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Ganso Bomb posted:

If anyone can explain Grimes' gimmick, I'd love to see you explain Damian Priest's.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Ganso Bomb posted:

You have answered your own question.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Ganso Bomb posted:

His gimmick is the terrible hat

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

skaboomizzy posted:

If anyone can explain Grimes' gimmick, I'd love to see you explain Damian Priest's.

I don't watch NXT but it seems like Damien Priest's gimmick is that of Being A Hunk.

Power Windows posted:

You have answered your own question.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

His gimmick is the terrible hat

Well that makes me feel better. The hat is so bad that I assumed it had to be intended to make him look like a doofus because nobody could possibly believe that it's a legitimately good hat.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Triple H rushing past everyone else to make sure the cameras got a clear shot of him shoving McAfee was hilarious

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If Pat McAfee beats Adam Cole only to wrestle and lose to Triple H I will die laughing

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Is this going to be like that stretch when Jericho was only feuding with celebrities and old wrestlers

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jackie D posted:

Is this going to be like that stretch when Jericho was only feuding with celebrities and old wrestlers

No because that was good

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

OctoberCountry posted:

No because that was good

Remember when Ricky Steamboat tagged in during that Wrestlemania handicap match and broke off some of the tightest armdrags you could ever hope to see? That ruled.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

OctoberCountry posted:

No because that was good

Well that's a good point

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Steamboat looked great for sure but part of it was the contrast to how loving terrible Snuka and Piper looked

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Speaking of getting Triple H over, has Drake Maverick done anything since being re-signed?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Speaking of getting Triple H over, has Drake Maverick done anything since being re-signed?

Didn't he cry about people criticizing him and said that people who were let go were actually very happy for him?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Remember when Ricky Steamboat tagged in during that Wrestlemania handicap match and broke off some of the tightest armdrags you could ever hope to see? That ruled.

Jericho working Mickey Rourke into a shoot on Larry King by cutting an extremely mild heel promo ruled so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I forget who I was arguing with last week that this wouldn't happen but once again it is proven I am a moron

Longest reigning NXT champion vs a loving kicker.