Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

What is the real story behind LF trying to kill a president?

I asked the United States Secret Service and they said "no records were located"

Did I not use the right words or should I have contacted the FBI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

perhaps some fyads dressed up as secret service agents and went to lowtax's house to hassle him so he'd close down LF

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Mods lied?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
wow lowtax made up a story and people latched on to it to shut down a subforum, never heard that poo poo before.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

mods knew

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

What did lowtax exactly say when this was supposedly going down?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

something about how LF had caused the secret service to visit his house 4 times because of posters threatening to kill the president or something

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Forums poster Competition has this to say in the SAclopedia:

quote:

At this point LF is locked and the great purge takes place, Lowtax response in QCS citing repeated visits by the SS to subpoena LF posters who made death threats against the President, how he was angry that LF posters thought they were above the rules by thinking that mod sass is acceptable and how LF posters went internet detective on mods and posted death threats

Lowtax's QCS post in question here, is no longer accessible

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
I think it's time to make a Truth & Reconciliation thread in QCS.

Alternatively, this is an ongoing investigation and they're withholding the information. Someone ask Trump to reveal the truth.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Looks like it.

Dreylad posted:

wow lowtax made up a story and people latched on to it to shut down a subforum, never heard that poo poo before.

This is the most likely scenario.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think it's time to make a Truth & Reconciliation thread in QCS.

Alternatively, this is an ongoing investigation and they're withholding the information. Someone ask Trump to reveal the truth.

There is the off chance I didn't FOIA the right agency but the story that has come down through the ages is that Lowtax was positively overwhelmed with letters, phone calls, subpoenas, and repeated visits to his house by multiple agents of the Secret Service.

I'm thinking this never happened.

Rule #1 of CSPAM should probably be changed to something about groverhouse.

Lightning Knight posted:

1. :siren: Do NOT explicitly or implicitly threaten harm on anyone, especially people under Secret Service protection or who might work in the White House. If you do so, you are risking a permaban. :siren:

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
extremely good investigative journalism op

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i was yung and dumbe enough then to believe it

not so much now

rl lol if that foia is real though

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

bedpan posted:

What is the real story behind LF trying to kill a president?

I asked the United States Secret Service and they said "no records were located"

Did I not use the right words or should I have contacted the FBI?

did you try calling them up and explaining that you were "from the internet?"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i was yung and dumbe enough then to believe it

not so much now

rl lol if that foia is real though

I can email you the OG pdf.

I trust you, Sauce Hoovers.

The only thing I didn't include in the pic (aside from my personal info) was the two additional paragraphs of text informing me of my right to appeal.

Ash1138 posted:

did you try calling them up and explaining that you were "from the internet?"

I tried but their voicemail box was full (seriously).

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bedpan posted:

I tried but their voicemail box was full (seriously).

lmao amazing

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bedpan posted:

I trust you, Sauce Hoovers.

i believe you coach its funny as hell

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Thanks for this clarification OP

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

only with truth can these old wounds heal

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
lowtax is a deadbeat loser spouse abuser that fabricated a claim to clamp down on leftists on his internet forum

why am i still posting here

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if theres anyone i would suspect of lying, laziness, and incompetence it would be a dhs foia officer

even so lowtax is worse on all those fronts and he made that poo poo up

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
nothing is real

no mods

no masters

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Dreylad posted:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

LF: mods sux
Lowtax: :qq:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

huge if real

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

didn't the poster who joked about having LoS to the president's plane get a visit from the secret service, or at least claim to

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lmao lmao, this whole poo poo is also the reason people won't let us talk about doing things in minecraft or whatever because oh no spooky feds but apparently the original excuse was made up bullshit because lowtax is a piece of poo poo

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
false flag, Lowtax CIA operative confirmed

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

false flag, Lowtax CIA operative confirmed

Lowtax sighing as he reaches into his wall safe to pull out a YOSPOS passport

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

operation fyadio

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
it was twisty, and he cried so hard when the secret service visited him that I think they found him so pitiable they just left him alone after that

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I'm still kinda annoyed all these years later, a goddamn red was an awesome poster.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

a Loving Dog posted:

it was twisty, and he cried so hard when the secret service visited him that I think they found him so pitiable they just left him alone after that

lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Peel posted:

didn't the poster who joked about having LoS to the president's plane get a visit from the secret service, or at least claim to

A Goddamn Red was banned for this but I am doubting if he or anyone else for that matter got a visit from the secret service

I gave the range of 2008 - 2011 on my FOIA request and although all of this stuff took place in November 2010, I'd think something would have been captured.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 21:45 on Aug 6, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

GIMMEL had an extremely big brain, op

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i remember there being a shitstorm because some idiot with a DoD security clearance spammed LF with basically every single term that gets you put on a watchlist but idk if that resulted in anything other than some panicked deleting and that guy getting disappeared into gitmo, probably

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If that worked, most of gip is on that watchlist since its been posted there plenty. :v:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Optimus Subprime posted:

operation fyadio

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

i thought it was pretty common knowledge fyad weirdos got upset lf was more popular and convinced lowtax and whoever else to let them try to ruin it and chase everyone off the last year or so before the groverhaus thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
yeah, everyone here is going to get fred hampton'd if they ever do anything useful (no) from using the bad PRISM words but the guy in question spammed big walls of text that were pretty much every single thing that would land you on barry's drone list. bonus lols he was posting it from work too? been too long, can't remember all the details. there were too many other legendary laffs from LF like muslimpants to fully remember minor lols