Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

ikanreed posted:

So a push kick.

Wot? Around here we calls 'em footery-swing-movies.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

ikanreed posted:

So a push kick.

It’s a regional dialect.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I see you’ve played kicky-spinny before.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

That must make funerals very awkward for you

Maybe add in "over complete strangers" and that'll help you.

Everyone processes things at different speeds. There's no right answer for how long to wait before making a joke about things, so the people trying to determine how others should feel and act based on their own feelings is weird.

In other words

Drink-Mix Man posted:

If anything tragic happens to me, I want you all to meme the poo poo out of it

Meme em all and let God sort it out.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

ChesterJT posted:

Everyone processes things at different speeds. There's no right answer for how long to wait before making a joke about things, so the people trying to determine how others should feel and act based on their own feelings is weird.

In other words

There's a societally defined period more or less. I think it's fair taste to at least wait a week. There are 4,000 people in hospital right now for serious injury and people are still being dragged out of rubble. This wouldn't happen if the victims were American, but feel free to point me to a thead of people doing photoshops of 9/11 one or two days after it happened, I'm alright with being proven wrong and then I'll shut up about it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alexandriao posted:

There's a societally defined period more or less. I think it's fair taste to at least wait a week. There are 4,000 people in hospital right now for serious injury and people are still being dragged out of rubble. This wouldn't happen if the victims were American, but feel free to point me to a thead of people doing photoshops of 9/11 one or two days after it happened, I'm alright with being proven wrong and then I'll shut up about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8bV9iNStEI
idk the exact date on this but given the title i'm betting it was made pre-youtube

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I forgot to say, I have archives so you can link me and I'll see the thread.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Stunt_enby posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8bV9iNStEI
idk the exact date on this but given the title i'm betting it was made pre-youtube

Pretty sure it was made on 9/12/2001.

edit I was wrong, it was more than a year!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=279782&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post273313137

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

alexandriao posted:

lmfao

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It’s too soon for Covid memes too. It’s still going on! 150k+ dead in the US.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Post more obscure simpsons memes

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CommonShore posted:

Post more obscure simpsons memes

Is that from a board game?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

alexandriao posted:

I forgot to say, I have archives so you can link me and I'll see the thread.

I don't have links to SA archives for the thread but there is a really interesting archive of the thread about it from the day of. Most people were serious about it but of course there were plenty of jokes. Kudos to the poster who said "watch Bush start a loving war"

http://www.truegamer.net/SA_911/911%20SATHREAD/

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

alexandriao posted:

People were cracking jokes right here in GBS as the towers literally fell.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

alexandriao posted:

I agree that these jokes are in poor taste but out of curiosity I do want to find the 9/11 thread because my understanding is that people were absolutely 100% making jokes about it at the time. Like you used to be able to pay $9.11 to have your regdate changed to 9/11/01. Archives is hosed up and not working, but if anyone has a link to that thread it would be appreciated.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

CodfishCartographer posted:

I don't have links to SA archives for the thread but there is a really interesting archive of the thread about it from the day of. Most people were serious about it but of course there were plenty of jokes. Kudos to the poster who said "watch Bush start a loving war"

http://www.truegamer.net/SA_911/911%20SATHREAD/

👍 interesting, thanks.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Memes about current tragedies are fine as long as you're not actively insulting the victims. This

is making a joke about a hosed up situation that we can't change. Humor is a coping mechanism. If you were to post a picture of a person injured in the explosion with the words "I'M A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT, AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT." plastered on it, well that's in no way loving acceptable.

These are only my opinions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Baron von Eevl posted:

I agree that these jokes are in poor taste but out of curiosity I do want to find the 9/11 thread because my understanding is that people were absolutely 100% making jokes about it at the time. Like you used to be able to pay $9.11 to have your regdate changed to 9/11/01. Archives is hosed up and not working, but if anyone has a link to that thread it would be appreciated.

Yeah we were making jokes about it back then but we also thought saying the n-word and f-word was the height of comedy. Most of us grew up since then :shrug:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

2001, 2020, the Simpsons have always been a constant on these here forums

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ammonium nitrate can't melt simpsons memes

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

ChesterJT posted:

In other words

Lol ok? My opinion is already stated but thank you for all this food for thought I guess

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Rarity posted:

Yeah we were making jokes about it back then but we also thought saying the n-word and f-word was the height of comedy. Most of us grew up since then :shrug:

Well yeah, it was almost 20 years ago. Like that's the reason Lowtax stopped posting, he didn't grow up while the rest of the forum did. I was 20 and in college when I registered, now I'm 36 and a father of two.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
if the memes are good such as then go for it. if they're bad memes then you'll get a heavy punishment because if you're gonna meme a horrible disaster like this you should be funny about it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Baron von Eevl posted:

Well yeah, it was almost 20 years ago. Like that's the reason Lowtax stopped posting, he didn't grow up while the rest of the forum did. I was 20 and in college when I registered, now I'm 36 and a father of two.

Bort and Lisa

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

The user name is just rubbing salt in the wounds lol.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The mines never run dry. Gold for eternity

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

holy poo poo

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

:popeye:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Holy cow that's good

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Now that’s combinatory value!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

Now that’s com-com-combinatory value!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Anyone remember this guy?

A season 14 cut but I always liked this bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyCSjiMvZHk

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

A season 14 cut but I always liked this bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyCSjiMvZHk

If you have to explain it then the combinatory value is low.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Cacator posted:

If you have to explain it then the combinatory value is low.

You're right. I should have went this direction instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

A season 14

no