Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Finally found the Legendary Winyan Bison by Lake Isabella after almost a week of searching and lobby hopping, slapped that pelt on my horse and went to fast travel. Arrived in San Denis with every pelt I had on my horse except the legendary pelt.

:rockstar:

I think I asked before, but is there a goon discord for Red Dead stuff yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

For hunting legendaries, keep a few legendary pheromones on you. The two times I used them when I was pursuing a legendary animal it ran back toward the pheromones making for an easy kill.

Anyone gotten the Marble Fox yet? I know it spawns up near Colter, spoilers I guess? but I can't be assed to sit up there for too long because there is very little to do.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

fennesz posted:

Anyone gotten the Marble Fox yet? I know it spawns up near Colter, spoilers I guess? but I can't be assed to sit up there for too long because there is very little to do.

Yeah, both my friend and I. I found it while hunting wolves and my friend got a notification for it as soon as he fast traveled there.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

FireWorksWell posted:

Yeah, both my friend and I. I found it while hunting wolves and my friend got a notification for it as soon as he fast traveled there.

Glad to hear it. I'll probably fast travel up there once or twice every session, I was just worried fast traveling would somehow stop it from spawning. :cheers:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

JustaDamnFool posted:

Anyone got any tips on making a online character with a on hosed up face? I got a free face change coupon but I don't want to blow it.

(In-game shots, but lines on tv due to phone camera)

I made her with the help of my wife, after dicking around with the character creator for an hour or two. It's really not that bad once you get the hang of it and get an idea of what you want your character to look like

You want to always really define the chin structure, it helps the whole face, regardless of what heritage preset you do. You also want to define the lips, keep the eye and nose ratio in a good place as well as the mouth, and make sure the Jawline matches up with rest of the chin and mouth. Cheeks should be defined somewhere towards the middle, but don't go sullen or heavy, it will make your character look like they have mumps

For male or female, find a good defining feature of the face you want to emphasize, and pick your hairstyle/ beard around that. For woman use light makeup, except for the feature you want to draw attention to, like the eyes or lips, and apply that a little heavier (wife taught me this lol)

For male characters, use beards and facial hair to define weak jaws or give the character some personality. And for god sakes go into the complexion settings and turn most of that poo poo to none or as minimal as possible, you will look a lot less like an oatmeal raisin cookie

Hope this helps! :)

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 7, 2020

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

One thing to note is that all the makeup options (as well as facial blemishes, scars, etc) have an opacity slider in the character creator that is missing from the in-game appearance editor at the barber.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

FuturePastNow posted:

One thing to note is that all the makeup options (as well as facial blemishes, scars, etc) have an opacity slider in the character creator that is missing from the in-game appearance editor at the barber.

Also loving this

Do your hair stuff at the barber, but NEVER touch the makeup, unless you want to look like an 80s star

Also, I have really been digging the Naturalist update overall, but god are these dcs on ps4 ridiculous today and two days ago

Is there a way to fix this poo poo from my end, or is everybody else experiencing it?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 7, 2020

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

My female horses keep growing balls. I mean, I respect their life choices and all but it's very sporadic and happens at random.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

TulliusCicero posted:

(In-game shots, but lines on tv due to phone camera)

The PS4 has a screenshot button. I don't know about Xbox but I doubt they'd led free hype go either.

Protip: Make sure to remap the share button to screenshot. It was a long press for a quick screenshot for me until I made the menu the long press. If that was the default holy poo poo why.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Bigass elk (Inehati or whatever), not too much of a problem.

Dumbass boar (Hennigan's Stead) kept attacking me while I was was whacking poachers. Mmmm, bacon.

Cross Fox started me in western St Denis, looking for a poacher shpping yard. Turns out someone *loving CAUGHT IT* and was shipping it out from the docks. Get there, murder poachers, and the fox is just standing there like it was already taxidermied. Couldn't shoot it, photograph it, blow it up with dynamite...

Invisible cage. THANKS ROCKSTAR

Ended up tranking and harvesting it, will murder later.

Finished out chasing the Moonstone Wolf, which started auspiciously with a snake going full aggro and biting me four times before I'd even tracked thirty feet.

Wolf hoodie is sweet, though.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Sure is fun when you're teaching some new friends game mechanics when a posse of mod menu dipshits teleport to you, have god mode enabled, and spawn hostile AI clones of themselves :shepface:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Capn Beeb posted:

Sure is fun when you're teaching some new friends game mechanics when a posse of mod menu dipshits teleport to you, have god mode enabled, and spawn hostile AI clones of themselves :shepface:

This poo poo is why I will never play an online Rockstar game on pc again

gently caress better graphics: at least I'm not constantly being hacked to the top of a building during a gun run, or getting temp banned because some fucker decided to give everyone in the server millions in GTA online and somehow I was complicit :shepface:

That poo poo is completely overrun

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 7, 2020

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
anyone else got the bug where harriet's legendaries don't rotate and you're just stuck doing the same ones?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Isn’t that how it works and the others are random finds in free roam and events?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Oh really? I figured when they advertised the legendary gators being added they meant to the mission pool?

So you've just got to wander around the swamp for ages until you luck out?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

TulliusCicero posted:

This poo poo is why I will never play an online Rockstar game on pc again

gently caress better graphics: at least I'm not constantly being hacked to the top of a building during a gun run, or getting temp banned because some fucker decided to give everyone in the server millions in GTA online and somehow I was complicit :shepface:

That poo poo is completely overrun

my friends and i would have had so many hours in online if we could just do private sessions like in gta5. we just wanna hang out, do cowboy poo poo, and gently caress around for a bit, like in gta 5 when we would ride the train and time it so people would jump over it as we went under.

like we would have been all about poker night in rdr2 at launch, and even once they put it in its with rules that ruin it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I’m not certain, but Harriet seems to have about 6 options right now as missions.

Others can be found in freeroam events like Animal Tagging and Legendary Protection.

A lot are just random finds in freeroam.

^ Pretty certain on the above. I THINK Rockstar is also cycling through a bunch that come in and out of availability. Because they’re trying to keep players around but don’t understand what actually retains players (such as not being dicked with by cheaters all the loving time)

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

FireWorksWell posted:

I think I asked before, but is there a goon discord for Red Dead stuff yet?

There is this one https://discord.gg/EyhJ7F

It’s not very active though.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Oh really? I figured when they advertised the legendary gators being added they meant to the mission pool?

So you've just got to wander around the swamp for ages until you luck out?

Yeah. Harriet only has specific variants of animals, and currently no gator. The rest are free roam on your map, with spawn criteria that you have to stumble across/google for. The two gators are free roam, and their criteria is in the announcement newspost.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
So far I've seen Harrier offer:

Cross Fox
Night Beaver
Moonstone Wold
Payta Bison
Inehati (whatever) Elk
hosed if I can remember the name Boar (Hennigan's Stead)

There's a couple I've seen noted that are PS4 exclusives, as well as the fossils.

I've yet to have any notice of a Legendary other than when I'm doing a Hippiechick mission, and I've been making regular circuits of the claimed gator spawns on the coastline near Shady Belle. Lots of *regular* gators, mind, but never anything else. And the other one appears to be "wander around Gator Central Station" in the swamps around Lakay/Lagras.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
There’s some new audio cues I’ve noticed since the update (PS4, but assuming all platforms) and there’s one I haven’t figured out yet. It sounds like someone tapping on a wooden block and varies in speed as I wander around the map where I hear it. It doesn’t seem to be directional in any way, the volume doesn’t go up or down just the speed but not based on which way I’m traveling.

I’m assuming it has something to do with the Legendary Animals but I have yet to encounter one outside of the Harriet missions.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Does it sound like a *thwack* sound? If so, I'm 99% sure that's an audio bug.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

fennesz posted:

Does it sound like a *thwack* sound? If so, I'm 99% sure that's an audio bug.

Yup. Thought it was some hacker thing at first, but all it does is tick the audio every so often.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
https://youtu.be/_uvIkzPizuk

Sounds like this only not with a rhythm, just a steady beat that changes speed

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Thats the sound of the sedative wearing off

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Yeah that new wooden "dink" sound is an animal being tranquilized or woken up. You'll also hear it when you land the "red X" tranquilizing shot on an animal.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I once had the wooden thwonk sound play constantly, over and over and over again while I was wandering around the swamp. It was starting to trigger an anxiety attack, before it stopped. I thought I was going to stumble across Jumanji or something.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I keep getting network error and dropped out of session, usually when I finally find some drat deer.

Probably much more people playing than usual, but lol.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

skooma512 posted:

I keep getting network error and dropped out of session, usually when I finally find some drat deer.

Probably much more people playing than usual, but lol.

The servers seem to be dropping out occasionally. You'll get dropped constantly when trying to reconnect. Haven't found a solution yet other than just waiting for it to be fixed. That said I'm only on Xbox.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

fennesz posted:

The servers seem to be dropping out occasionally. You'll get dropped constantly when trying to reconnect. Haven't found a solution yet other than just waiting for it to be fixed. That said I'm only on Xbox.

you could be playing on an abacus and :rockstar: would find a way to gently caress it up

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Spawn in to do a daily last night... oh hey, kinda quiet. Hard to find critters. Hard to find *people*. Ghost wagons rolling around, all uncrewed.

What a fine time to chase the Sapa Cougar, right? :v:

Got me a picture of it as it was mauling a poacher, got about four rounds of Xanax in , but it still ran too fast (and HORF wouldn't respond) so it got away. Should have just Carcano'd it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I got Sapa Cougar credit because I saw someone else's knocked out on the minimap. Ran over, drew a sample. Revived it. Got my picture. Tranqed it again.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

As it turns out you cannot do the legendary animal protection mission with just four people. Well, not until they get rid of animation priority. Nothing quite like affectionately patting your horse when it and your own cores are drained and the item wheel is locked for the duration, preventing you from shooting back at the dozens of enemies or healing yourself or your horse.

Also keep an eye out for dipshits who lasso you and drag you towards the predator animals. Keep a bow with explosive arrows handy in case.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I love the camera in this game.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xbox servers have been extremely inconsistently lately. Been getting kicked over and over for 30+ minutes on occasion. PC/PS4 having the same issue?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
loving Sapa Cougar, running aroud eating all the cocaine gum and horse meth or something. Got it tracked down to a cage, arrowed all the poachers before releasing it from a safe perch, two shots or real ammo and fuuuuuuck it's gone. Even with level 17 Naturalist buffs and pheremones, fucker still got in the wind.

In better news, tried a different PC solo lobby thing, got several hours in with only one disconnect, and legit found the bison near Emerald Ranch and the Teca gator. Did the Sapa and the Hennigan's boar, which I should have checked completion on because I already had that hoodie :doh: Cripps loving loved that Legendary skin and tusk, though.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SleepyGranularKinglet-mobile.mp4

:nallears:

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
Sooooo out of curiosity how -do- you get into a solo lobby anyways? I never quite understood how those worked or how to get one going at will, might as well learn to do that while I'm waiting a small eternity for customer service to get back to me about the wayward butcher's table so I can actually one day do Trader/Moonshiner.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Cheaters are bad, but this game would be bad if there weren't other players to grief interact with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zesty posted:

Cheaters are bad, but this game would be bad if there weren't other players to grief interact with.

Zesty posted:

If they could just fix the cheater problem, I could deal with the rest. As it is, most freeroam events are unplayable. Especially if they're PVP, but the cheaters like disrupting the cooperative ones as well.

and then there's loving up free roam in general. Random explosions, animal spawns, time of day changes. Little things that break the session and cause some NPCs (like Harriet) to not spawn.

It's too much.
Ya sounds great.

Inverted Sphere posted:

Sooooo out of curiosity how -do- you get into a solo lobby anyways? I never quite understood how those worked or how to get one going at will, might as well learn to do that while I'm waiting a small eternity for customer service to get back to me about the wayward butcher's table so I can actually one day do Trader/Moonshiner.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedDeadOnline/comments/eioh79/solo_lobby_guide_repost/