Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

thank you, these are very helpful for someone who hasn't really played since orb vallis came out.

is there a particularly good way to farm toroids or do you just have to join a squad in the recruiting channel and go kill millions of dudes in a particular spot still?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no prob

that's still the primary method, but the various raknoids got a buffed chance to drop them as well. Exploiter drops a special toroid (Lazulite) that's worth more for gaining rep than selling normal toroids, and is easier to get and I think worth more than the ones Profit Taker drops. You also need 6 of them for hildryn.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

As for game modes, Railjack... exists. It's one of those updates that's basically its own content island again, but you can get a cool new assault rifle and 2h nikana from killing the bosses on its nodes. I'm not going into the specifics of railjack because there's a lot, you can probably find a video on it. This is also how you get the Shedu, a giant sentient arm cannon; they made the quest something you can just activate from you codex (it used to be a secret from breaking a specific object on a specific node in the Railjack Veil Proxima with your Paracesis), but you still have to do the Sentient Anomaly missions to grind for its parts. It's an okay weapon. Your clan dojo needs a railjack dock to start making it, then you do a series of missions while building parts, like a warframe quest.
Railjack offers a few things to a returning player that make it not quite the island people tar it to be.

- Intrinsics give mastery. One level is 1500 points, half the value of a weapon rank. You earn the first 4x5 ranks extremely quickly, meaning you can knock out 10 weapons / 5 frames worth of mastery points in minutes.
- It rewards credits. The base tier is 30k (same as a dark sector mission) and the top tiers are 130-150k. A fully pimped RJ can clear the high tier nodes in ~2minutes.
- It rewards XP. XP accumulation is significantly faster than hydron or NSO. It's also magically distributed to everything and everyone evenly. If you're the pilot, you can safely run rank 0 frame and 3 weapons and end a ~15min session with everything at 30. It only needs one person with something to whack boarders (until you get good enough to avoid all the ramsleds).

In short, if you want to farm XP or credits, or in particular you want both, railjack is a great option.
The sad part is, it's only objectively fun for the first hour or so, when you don't know what's going on and you're literally running around putting out fires and boarding enemy crewships to turn on them with. I hope later RJ patches can bring us something that matches that early game experience.
It's not particularly interesting when you've min/maxed it, but I'd argue hydron/NSO and index are hardly ever held up as beacons of good content unto themselves either.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's fair, I completely forgot about intrinsics giving mastery

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Now that I've got the Affinity Spike and Power Spike Naramon nodes what else should I be looking at in that tree? Mind Sprint and Executing Dash look interesting but thought I'd ask before committing to those nodes.

More generally, do y'all use operator-based gameplay outside of Eidos? It's pretty slim pickings outside Eidos for most of the trees seems like unless you fully commit to buffing up the operator. I never see that style in active play.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I saw people pull off operator buff shenanigans in the steel path ropalolyst fight, so pretty much eidolon like things ya.

Largely people still use zenurik for energy regen and it's melee combo efficiency bonus, naramon for those very nice melee and affinity bonuses you just mentioned, or vazarin for instant revives.

There are a few other fairly nice things you can do with the focus schools but ime the damage buffing takes too much time to use when you're dealing with groups or blitzing down hallways, operators are largely still used for safe rezs, those buffs we mentioned, real quick traversal, and magus repair and lockdown. Like you totally can use executing dash to open people up to finishers easily and then combo that with arcane ultimatum to get even more bonus armor than arcane guardian. I know we have several fans of arcane ultimatum in here but i'm not sure if executing dash is their prefered combo or not.

E: okay ya, zenuirk's slow punch does come in quite handy more often than you'd think.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 6, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The waybounds on naramon are pretty sweet imo. Admittedly without the Zenurik waybound your number of dashes per charge is a little lower, but it's still nice.

For general spoiler mode stuff, I've found Zenurik's slowing punch and electro orb dash both... handy? In a "I'm basically post game, so I might as well buy something." way.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Remember when they said the Command part of intrinsics would come out soon after RJ? Good times.

v1ld posted:

Now that I've got the Affinity Spike and Power Spike Naramon nodes what else should I be looking at in that tree? Mind Sprint and Executing Dash look interesting but thought I'd ask before committing to those nodes.

More generally, do y'all use operator-based gameplay outside of Eidos? It's pretty slim pickings outside Eidos for most of the trees seems like unless you fully commit to buffing up the operator. I never see that style in active play.

The arcane that turns the amp damage from void to viral is pretty good. Also get everything in the naramon tree, it's all good.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 6, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Babe Magnet posted:

no prob

that's still the primary method, but the various raknoids got a buffed chance to drop them as well. Exploiter drops a special toroid (Lazulite) that's worth more for gaining rep than selling normal toroids, and is easier to get and I think worth more than the ones Profit Taker drops. You also need 6 of them for hildryn.

You get the same amount of standing from killing PT or Exploiter, the only difference is that each of their respective toroids are used for different crafting recipes, and you get half as many of Exploiter's but they're worth twice as much. (PT also drops a bunch of rare mods, while Exploiter drops a wide spectrum of Fortuna-specific crafting materials.)

Anyways, while Exploiter is not a hard fight, it will take ballpark 12-15 minutes no matter what you do and there's no real way to speed it up.

Profit-Taker by comparison can easily be done in half that time, and if you want to go crazy with it the speedrun record is something like 3 minutes solo or under a minute with an organized group.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

v1ld posted:

Operators are pretty fun and good now, but you gotta get those waybounds, particularly health. (armor is another story) Arcanes are good too.

Amps got a ~massive~ boost in potential power now due to being able to use the two best damage types (heat, via magus melt, which just adds more damage atop) and virtuous trojan (one of the damage convert types, so run at 50 or 75% to still doing void damage)
Operator arcanes go to level 5 now, but amp ones don't. They're also fairly oversaturated and easy to buy from other players.

Operators have about 11 armor base! The unairu +% waybound armor node is ~sort of~ worthless on its own! The magic happens when it stacks with Magus Husk an doubles that arcane! Its also good with their flat +60 or whatever armor node.
Vazarin's +health waybound similiarly stacks with the +health arcane!

Top arcanes:
Magus repair
Magus melt
Magus vigor
magus husk.

Amps are slightly hosed right now: the stagger changes make most of the (formerly good ones) a frustrating mess.
Little duck sells new parts and farming for the standin is slightly eh, but the manufacting isn't that bad. you can combine parts from either onko or ld and guild your amp at either. There are some fun combos if you think outside the box and build synergistically.

Loosely, though, a few parts stand out. I'mma cover the last part, braces, first. Do familiarize yourself with the wiki system if you don'tk now the #'s https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Amp
Certus Brace/ xx7, LD: 20% crit flat chance is nothing to laugh about. better than the lohrin. Crit boosts from arcanes can make this even better.
Anspatha Brace: xx4, onkko: My personal preference: Its more amp ammo and gives a mild improvement to operator dash/blast energy pool.
Suo brace (xx6): the highcap mag. Avoid. It would be okay if it instantly recharged after the expanded delay, but it doesn't, and its awful. THEORETICALLY has some uses for a 'pop into operator magdump and warframe while it reloads' build but, ugn.
Plaga Brace (xx5: the fast charge is actually super nice. There's a fun build to be had with a 'fire forever' build using the pencha scaffold and virtuos tempo. There's some cases to be had.
I think there's potential for Lohrin to be good now that amps have elemental damage, but i have too many amps and haven't messed with it.

Scaffolds:
Exard: Avoid. Its accuracy is worse than anything, and the grenades stagger. Its trash. Can't be used at long range, can't be used at short range, anything's better.
Pencha: Opticor piece. Charge-fire. Notable for being high damage low crits/status.
Skraksun: still great damage, absolutely awful on the stagger.
Phahd: A personal favorite. Glaive discs with good crits/status. Notable for being an amp type that can continue do damage after going back to warframe since they have good persistence. Surprisingly long ranged, basically a predator plasma disc with rebound.
Dissic: The high damage cluster bomb. Stagger affected; gained some notoriety for being able to pop Profit Taker shields on its own. Amazing with unairu wisp due to its insane base damage. Currently kinda...eh.
Propa: Used to be great. Of the amps affected by stagger changes, this is the one affected least: you can pop two mines and cloak. Great crit stats.

Prisms: finally, the everyday part.
Rahn: Was a late add to cetus. Its the assault rifle option! Was pretty good... until lega came along. Now its just outmatched.
Cantic: 3 round burst. Pretty good! Turns your amp into a burston. Interestingly, this made me value Raplak more: since armor applies only once there, not 3 times. Comparable otherwise. Does have some ammo/timing potential.
Lega: Its an ignis. Its amazing. One of the best all around amps out there. You can just hose down a hallway.
Klamora: If lega is an ignis, klamora is a closer range jet turbine. Its what the athodais' secondary was modeled from. GREAT crit stats, punch through, melts things. Its my go-to for eidolon hunts because you can just stand under an eidolon and multi-hit until you're dry.
Shwaak: the 'arca plasmor' option. I always felt the damage was lacking, but some people love it. Auto-impact procs make virtuos fury a viable option, but I enver bothered.
Raplak: The single-shot/sniper option. Hits real hard. Personally, I think the Certus(crit) brace redeems it.
Granmu prism: I think that the crit brace redeems it... at least until self stagger rolls around. Avoid at all costs. Do not use at close range, enjoy having your bursts cut off entirely because one of your toes caught the edge of the blast radius.

Amp arcanes to consider:
Virtuos Trojan at 2/3 so you still do void damage
Virtuos surge CAN make your amp do radiation in concert with Magus Melt. ( again don't recommend maxing it out)
Virtuous shadow (crit chance is better than ever because of the certus brace)
Virtuos strike
Virtuos tempo (This was my go to for erryday non eidolon amps before virtuos trojan came out
Virtuos Fury: the +damage on status one never really went out of style, but if/when operator amps get 2 slots for arcane i think it will make a comeback.

Here are some amp combos I like and prefer and would recommend. I generally DON'T recommend the Shwaak and Shraksun together since they compete in role and one(used to be) just better, but some people love their 22x. As always, Season to taste.
Everyday use
Lega, Phahd, Anspatha. Its just good all around. Virtuos tempo, trojan, fury. Swap Anspatha with Certus or Lohrin if you like.

Rahn/Lega, Pencha, Plaga. Hallway master build. Use with Virtuos tempo to speed up the charge, and plaga so that the recharge delay is even faster. You can fire the secondary forever. This is one of the ones I recommend 'just try it' if you're bored/have extra resources and want to try something neat.

Raplak/Cantic, (high-crit scaffold), Certus. For use with virtuos shadow. Raplak's pretty okay now. Certus brace is even better with parts that already have high crit values. Shraksun's the typical suggestion, propa works great even after the stagger nerf if you can cloak between shots.

Klamora, Propa, Anything. I call this the street fighter build because its a kamehameha and a hadouken stapled together. Personal favorite. I've made too many of them. Certus brace: More killy, both fire modes are crit-centric. Anspatha: More ammo, so you get another 4 mines a clip (with the madura waybound) Plaga: Not QUITE there to fire eternally with the fire rate arcane and you only get 2 shots before 'reload', but you can -barely- cough up 3 with the minorest of hitches.

Eidolons
Klamora prism, crit or anspatha brace, virtuos shadow: Use with unairu wisp to double damage, maybe the void dash trick to get a 'free' head shot proc. Can 2-3 clip shields just by standing under. I like it because no void strike necessary

Raplak, Shraksun, Certus/lohrin. Classic void strike. Long range useful for popping vomalyst blooms.

Shwaak prism: Some people like it for standing under and multi-hitting. I think klamora does it better, but it has a place because its available WAY earlier.

If you want any further answers please just ask, I've messed around with it fairly extensively.

edit: super useful (slightly outdated, before 5-rank arcanes) operator effective hp table.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 6, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I will say Magus Elevate is still solid but works differently (and Quills are more annoying to farm than Duck.)

And Magus Lockdown, even with the damage part removed is quite sweet.

However, having no Vigor/Husk is more a move when you've got he Vazarin waybounds running.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm a weirdo so i like running unairu all the time and using my shared invis from the crouch to protect teammates in hairy situations

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

final stream for the khora parts starting

https://twitch.tv/warframe

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
lol, no need to rush Steel Path Derelict, you'll be able to get the statue/emote from doing deimos instead (which is mostly matchmade derelict nodes... plus the new Deimos stuff).

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
The Derelict->Deimos conversion is happening relatively soon on PC, before the actual launch of Deimos on the 25th. Since the derelict missions will now be normal missions they will now have matchmaking.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Have they said anything about what's going to happen to Derelict and Dragon keys?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
They will be literally the same missions, you just won't need derelict keys and they will be matchmade.

Feral Kavats, Vaults, Octavia part in survival, Lephantis all the same. Just actually on the star chart 'properly'

All according to Prime Time talk, can't find a post atm.

Post about the steel path stuff. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1211148-psa-steel-path-the-derelicts-and-you/

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Guilty posted:

had to sift through my post history in this thread to find it:

The second build is what I stole. It's amazing and tons of fun

Much appreciated! I'll try this out some tonight, though I'm missing out on some primed mods.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I should state that it's Melee v. 2.999999998 because they stated that they want to bring back channeling in some form

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Sekenr posted:

I'll take grakata or serro, thanks

Whoops, missed this. Whats your IGN?

Also, Victory, if you're around I could do your trade now.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The way Gauss drops is designed to make me never want to go to Kelpie again, isn't it. 3 hours tonight and not a single piece

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
...Where did this Hydroid Prime come from?

Not complaining, mind you, I just have no idea how I got it. I poked my head into the TennoLive relay for like ten minutes when all there was was a six hour countdown and people getting stuck in elevator shafts, but that should have just gotten me the weapon skin. Are they just giving out all the door prizes to everyone?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Dareon posted:

Not complaining, mind you, I just have no idea how I got it. I poked my head into the TennoLive relay for like ten minutes when all there was was a six hour countdown and people getting stuck in elevator shafts, but that should have just gotten me the weapon skin. Are they just giving out all the door prizes to everyone?

Yes. Their system broke and lost the information on who was watching.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Dareon posted:

Yeah. Predictably, the whole thing came crashing down on the back end, so they're making up for it.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Just got emailed my trivia game glyph code despite not getting the email popup at the end :woop:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Okay yeah, even with missing primed mods that Protea build is silly in tandem with a durable sentinel using a couple Synth mods. Dispenser craps out orbs, I'm able to pick up health orbs at all times for Synth Fiber, and Equilibrium turns them all into energy. I'm basically an infinite energy battery once I get rolling. Then it's just an infinite wave of slash grenade blenders and the occasional plasma cannon when I'm feeling spicy. Ridiculously good poo poo.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dareon posted:

endlessmonotony posted:

Yes. Their system broke and lost the information on who was watching.

This happened last time too with Ash Prime. Basically Tennocon = free Prime Warframe.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It always feels good that DE's response to their taped together system failing is always more free poo poo.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

njsykora posted:

It always feels good that DE's response to their taped together system failing is always more free poo poo.

To be fair to them they learned from the last time, they got way more tape this time around.

Only this one broke attendance records.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Thinkin' 'bout my hypothetical fashion frame. Graxx Limbo (Hydroid Prime is also an idea), Zarr, Akbolto (Maybe something different if there's a more flintlocky secondary), Nami Solo (Or Skyla), Para Carrier (With attachments). :yarr:

Also fun to put together would be a Graxx skin with some of the Grineer-ier armor pieces, or Valkyr/Corpra Nova with Corpusy armor and the Disconnect syandana.

Unrelated, but I wish you could swap a boss' unique drops around. Maybe at a premium, but it would be nice to take these two extra Dread blueprints and get at least one of the other weapons out of it. Or trade the five Shotgun Savvy I got from Sargas Ruk for his stance mod. I'm exaggerating, I probably got most of those elsewhere, and he has dropped his stance for me so I can go back to ignoring him unless I want an Ember to feed to the Helminth.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Titania prime is my new favorite frame, sorry nezha. I slapped together a basic build using efficiency, flow and some hp+shields then used an Exodus adapter to put aviator in. Is this the gist of her build? Missing some of the corrupted mods but I'll go fetch em if they're needed. Looks like I can dump strength? Idk the only tribute buff that seems worthy is the DR one, the 1 and 3 seem ok but not great

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

All Str/Duration, Razorwing Blitz. Press 4, then cast 1 at the ground a few times. Zoom around slaughtering everything.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Anshu posted:

Whoops, missed this. Whats your IGN?

Also, Victory, if you're around I could do your trade now.

Sekenr

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

TheParadigm posted:

Top arcanes:
Magus repair
Magus melt
Magus vigor
magus husk.

Why repair over elevate though?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

genericnick posted:

Why repair over elevate though?

Faster and fewer button presses.

Psychorider
May 15, 2009
Repair also works 100% of the time and heals other players. If you're not the host rapidly going in and out of 5 can be seriously janky.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

OK, I see the argument now. Repair it is.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
My lich is named Yadukk Havv, and I just keep thinking "She has my duck."

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Dareon posted:

My lich is named Yadukk Havv, and I just keep thinking "She has my duck."

oh no!
:ducksiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
A Kuva Lich walks into a relay and walks up to Baro Ki'Teer.

"Ah, greetings!" says the void trader.

"Yadukk Havv?" asks the lich.

"No, I'm very sorry, but I haven't found any ducks" replies Baro.

Two weeks later, Baro has returned! The lich enters the relay and asks "Yadukk Havv?"

Baro responds, "No, still no ducks. I don't deal in them."

This goes on for months. "Yadukk Havv?" "No, get lost." "Yadukk Haav?" "The Orokin did not make ducks for me to find!"

So, eventually Baro loses his cool and shouts at the lich, "If you ask me about ducks one more time, I'll nail you to the wall with a Boltor!" The lich mutters something and storms off.

The next time Baro returns to a relay, so does the lich. Baro eyes the lich suspiciously. "Ah, greetings!"

"Yaboltor Havv?" the lich asks.

"No, no Boltors, is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Yadukk Havv?"