Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MoaM posted:

After the halfway point I would just arrow headshot from horse and Triangle QTE slash to start every fight because it's cooler and feels better than Standoffs.

----

Braid is a good game, but it was "discussed" and lauded way more than it deserved to be.
True fact: Super Mario World 2 seemed at the time and still seems way more subversive than Braid.

e: seemed at the time more subversive of platformers / general game design.

i loved the aesthetics of braid, but the writing was calvino on a bad day piffle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

trump is banning business with tencent (because it owns part of tiktok) effective 45 days from today rip epic store et al.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1291552038455775233

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is fortnite kill in america now?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

trump is banning business with tencent (because it owns part of tiktok) effective 45 days from today rip epic store et al.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1291552038455775233

lmao why HAHAHAHA

a perfect time for maoist social tactics telling the young that fortnite and tiktok has been taken away by the tyrannical capitalist american state

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

USA is doubling down on China Bad policy

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/1291118395270795271

Presumably that's what all the gaslighting was about. I guess.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lostconfused posted:

what in the world even is this

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

also:

Raine posted:

anyone here play Cultist Simulator?

I went into it thinking I wouldn't enjoy it, but now I have over 100 hours played. Makes me feel like a true leftist when I play; developing knowledge that the authorities try to suppress, summoning demons (zoomer leftists), having a bunch of comrades put up with my poo poo, fighting off dread and insanity, and striving towards goals that represent an impossible perfection.

also the art is fuckin sweet, tons of avatar material

did a homebrew system with a friend on mine sorta inspired by it because we thought such a setting had a lot of potential but it was too much of a poo poo game to really explore

so we took a few cues from Mage (the World of Darkness RPG line) and general Storyteller system mechanics to hotwire some gameplay from that; was surprisingly fun to test around with and I made some sketching to eventually make a browser text game or something like that as a side project, but I know jack poo poo about game design lol

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Lostconfused posted:

what the gently caress is this lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dellcam/status/1291564770009722885?s=19

Sorry but if Trump destroys gaming I have no choice but to stan

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

paradox is what hurts the most

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Haha Haha "further guidance in 45 days" hahahaha

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

actually real gamers are happy about this
https://twitter.com/tracybeanz/status/1291571468728520704?s=20

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lol if trump kills fortnite and league

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Lmbo

it was the eastern menace that snuck capitalism into our precious vidcons!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

this is 100% some dumb poo poo to try and strongarm a sale but because hes trpmu he will forget he signed this 2 days from now and it will accidentally go into effect for real in 45 days lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fellatio del Toro posted:

this is 100% some dumb poo poo to try and strongarm a sale but because hes trpmu he will forget he signed this 2 days from now and it will accidentally go into effect for real in 45 days lol

It'll be held up in court till the end of his term anyway

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

never played the boardgame in disco before and

lmao

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
hitman report: owned the test by ejector seating the chess guy out of the testing area :c00l:

then drowned dick in a toilet and dropped a chandelier on dickettes head

then royally kept loving up in biozone

now i'm just utterly lost in morroco please assist im dyin squirtle

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Kitfox88 posted:

hitman report: owned the test by ejector seating the chess guy out of the testing area :c00l:

then drowned dick in a toilet and dropped a chandelier on dickettes head

then royally kept loving up in biozone

now i'm just utterly lost in morroco please assist im dyin squirtle

iirc morroco is kind of a tricky level since the areas the targets are in are basically entirely divorced from the main level. that said iirc the general is a pretty easy kill once you get into the school, the embassy is a bit trickier but not too bad

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

bangkok loving sucks, though

drat now im mad again that hitman 2 eats over 50% of my hard drive, gotta wait until i actually have a decent computer never

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can’t believe tmrp banned fortnite

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Augus posted:

I can’t believe tmrp banned fortnite

FINALLY

im voting trump 2020. zoomers will have to rise up and overthrow capitalism now

lootcrates4all

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

StashAugustine posted:

bangkok loving sucks, though

drat now im mad again that hitman 2 eats over 50% of my hard drive, gotta wait until i actually have a decent computer never

bangkok thighland

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

StashAugustine posted:

iirc morroco is kind of a tricky level since the areas the targets are in are basically entirely divorced from the main level. that said iirc the general is a pretty easy kill once you get into the school, the embassy is a bit trickier but not too bad

I bit my pride and shot some dudes and then broke some necks and ended the level with like 5k points total :rip:

it’s bullshit I can’t use the injection poison on food

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

im especially mad at bangkok since i spent an hour trying to Professional SASO it and in doing so came up with a really cool custom contract to kill all the guards on the top floor, right after the save, in an interesting way and then i went to create it and found that the contract mode doesn't have the Professional changes that made it work so i was even cheated out of my revenge

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/dellcam/status/1291564770009722885?s=19

Sorry but if Trump destroys gaming I have no choice but to stan

I didn't expect a Maoist insurgence to start in the US and certainly not like this.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
capitalism is the best and greatest system ever
(china does it)
no no not like that

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

im especially mad at bangkok since i spent an hour trying to Professional SASO it and in doing so came up with a really cool custom contract to kill all the guards on the top floor, right after the save, in an interesting way and then i went to create it and found that the contract mode doesn't have the Professional changes that made it work so i was even cheated out of my revenge

When I did SASO bangkok I grabbed the cake topper from the kitchen and killed him that way instead of bothering trying to figure out the pathing on the upstairs floor

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
morocco isnt super hard. theres accomplishments for killing both targets at once but i never bothered to get them. both are int heir own mini zones

iirc there is a home near the general's place where you can knock out the occupants and sneak in through there. the swedish or whatever embassy is best gotten into through a side door and knocking out the guards in their stations and taking their clothes, or through the underground tunnel that connects the two.\

morocco wasnt my favorite levle, i never played it much. if you want to get through it quickly the swedish dude is an easy sniper kill from a balcony across from the embassy

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm on my way to mountain knot city in DS and why is every player created zipline i find stupid as poo poo

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Morocco has basically a speedrun strat to kill the general if you have a lethal poison, though the school is arguably the more interesting part.

There's a fun trick to a Suit Only run where while you're marked as trespassing in the embassy, if you're in your default suit only the guards will pay you any mind. (since you're just another dude in a suit in a building full of dudes with suits) Though I spent way too long getting SASO on the maps in general.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

i'm on my way to mountain knot city in DS and why is every player created zipline i find stupid as poo poo

I think it's because the game only shows you random structures. It seems to be showing me just single ziplines out of what are probably networks of them that someone set up.

You can go into the Strand Contract menu and set it to see some people more often, but I haven't noticed a difference from that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

was horizon zero dawn any good

I guess it’s on steam today

also the trump EO is extremely not legal

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

euphronius posted:

was horizon zero dawn any good

I guess it’s on steam today

also the trump EO is extremely not legal

yes but the port sucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no one has played the port???

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

no one has played the port???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w-pZm7Zay4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vQJZ464WFQ

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Horizon-Zero-Dawn-Spiel-55719/Tests/Horizon-Zero-Dawn-PC-Test-Review-Benchmarks-1355296/2/

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-horizon-zero-dawn-pc-tech-review

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I think it's because the game only shows you random structures. It seems to be showing me just single ziplines out of what are probably networks of them that someone set up.

You can go into the Strand Contract menu and set it to see some people more often, but I haven't noticed a difference from that.

oh I thought there was some coherent rhyme or reason to it

I’m flagging a bit on DS, it’s a lot of fun sometimes but then other times I realize I’ve spent like six precious gaming hours building highways and driving back and forth and I’m like hmm, was that actually enjoyable or am I just doing whatever it is Germans playing logging simulator 10 do

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Frog Act posted:

I’m flagging a bit on DS, it’s a lot of fun sometimes but then other times I realize I’ve spent like six precious gaming hours building highways and driving back and forth and I’m like hmm, was that actually enjoyable or am I just doing whatever it is Germans playing logging simulator 10 do
Eventually you will build all the roads, and do all the deliveries. So there's that. But uh, you should probably finish the game, it has an ending and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

omg that YouTube you quoted was the worst thing I’ve ever seen

who cares about any of that lmao they guy has like overlaid performance metrics ? lamo

I’ll try the articles