Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I want to get my wife the 249$ double mini basketball arcade game for her birthday but the hoops aren’t motorized and she’d get bored of it. When will Costco get a better arcade basketball machine supplier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

perhaps you could take advantage of their generous return policy

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

post them pics

I saw them today too

Halloween has arrived fellas

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Husky boy seeing right through your gleeful consumerism.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

I want to get my wife the 249$ double mini basketball arcade game for her birthday but the hoops aren’t motorized and she’d get bored of it. When will Costco get a better arcade basketball machine supplier?

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your product, Costco will except your return any time if you'd like. Costco Is always searching for new and better products to satisfy the needs of it's members. Thank you.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Xaris posted:

this is probably most likely, the noodles themselves were just OK but like the sauce had nothing in it at all. honestly i can get way better fresh noodles at like tokyo fish market or 99 ranch in the fridge section or something for like $1 - $2 in the fridge section and then just put soy sauce and a bit of sesame oil and have exactly the same thing. i'm not anti-salt per se but if im gunna eat it it better taste loving good.

the only use case i can see for them is uh, if you live in the middle of nowhere midwest and want slightly better than average noodles to make some sort of stir fried noodle dish/chow mein/etc as a base and thats your only option. def not worth it

side question: i bought an instantpot sous vide version from costco back in march, the pressure pop-up valve that's supposed to lock the lid in place when it starts pressurizing isn't working unless i manually press down on the sides of the lid first, otherwise it just keeps venting while cooking, which is annoying. is this a simple problem i can fix or will costco still take it back? I also no longer have the box either. I'm not sure if it counts as an electronic for the 90-day limit or not.

This is a normal Costco return policy item. Just bring it back and get another (if you bought it on sale make sure you say you want to get another just so they adjust the cash card to the current price).

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

side question: i bought an instantpot sous vide version from costco back in march, the pressure pop-up valve that's supposed to lock the lid in place when it starts pressurizing isn't working unless i manually press down on the sides of the lid first, otherwise it just keeps venting while cooking, which is annoying. is this a simple problem i can fix or will costco still take it back?

Flip over the lid and take off the plastic cap under that float valve and clean the hell out of it. It keeps food from getting jammed in that valve, but it gets clogged and stops the float valve from getting full pressure. If you pull it off and it looks like poo poo got through, look up removing the valve and cleaning the silicone cup inside, it's easy.

The manual says to clean the plastic cap "frequently" but I do it weekly or so, or if I notice poo poo got on it.

E: or return it but the next one will do the same thing. All of them do.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Xaris posted:

this is probably most likely, the noodles themselves were just OK but like the sauce had nothing in it at all. honestly i can get way better fresh noodles at like tokyo fish market or 99 ranch in the fridge section or something for like $1 - $2 in the fridge section and then just put soy sauce and a bit of sesame oil and have exactly the same thing. i'm not anti-salt per se but if im gunna eat it it better taste loving good.

the only use case i can see for them is uh, if you live in the middle of nowhere midwest and want slightly better than average noodles to make some sort of stir fried noodle dish/chow mein/etc as a base and thats your only option. def not worth it

side question: i bought an instantpot sous vide version from costco back in march, the pressure pop-up valve that's supposed to lock the lid in place when it starts pressurizing isn't working unless i manually press down on the sides of the lid first, otherwise it just keeps venting while cooking, which is annoying. is this a simple problem i can fix or will costco still take it back? I also no longer have the box either. I'm not sure if it counts as an electronic for the 90-day limit or not.

Those noodles are actually kind of pricey too right? The Nissain Raoh 8 packs are ~$1.50 a pack of noodles but at least those taste amazing.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

is that 70 bucks for two banjo skeletons? how could i say no

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Slider posted:

is that 70 bucks for two banjo skeletons? how could i say no

voicebox: "Hey boy, you got a pretty skull"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Jesus christ are people A) going trick or treating or B) welcoming trick or treaters at their door presumably in the 2nd/3rd/whatever wave of a pandemic?

No thank you!

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Plastik posted:

Flip over the lid and take off the plastic cap under that float valve and clean the hell out of it. It keeps food from getting jammed in that valve, but it gets clogged and stops the float valve from getting full pressure. If you pull it off and it looks like poo poo got through, look up removing the valve and cleaning the silicone cup inside, it's easy.

The manual says to clean the plastic cap "frequently" but I do it weekly or so, or if I notice poo poo got on it.

E: or return it but the next one will do the same thing. All of them do.
thanks, i took it off and cleaned it but it looked fine, maybe some water. I think ti might be the sealing ring isn't seating right now. It did come with an extra one that i just remembered so i'll try putting that on if just cleaning the float valve cap didn't do it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hed posted:

That gnocchi seemed new to me but it looked similar to the Trader Joe’s brand that the carb hounds at my household like. Going to pick that up.

We picked up the skillet gnocchi a week ago, apparently just before it went on sale. We cubed and grilled some chicken, and then set it aside. In the same pan we then melted the butter, toasted the gnocchi, tossed the chicken back in once they were getting a bit crispy, and then mixed the cheese sauce in. Came out really good, but I do think it would be too much by itself; the chicken helped cut the richness a bit.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My mom used to make blue cheese gnocchi and it owned

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

My mom used to make blue cheese gnocchi and it owned
Gnocchi is dead-easy to make and kind of fun when you're chopping up the cylinders.

Definitely recommend any cooking goons to give it a try an afternoon. Just need 2lbs of potatoes, salt, one egg and 1.5 cups of flour!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

thanks, i took it off and cleaned it but it looked fine, maybe some water. I think ti might be the sealing ring isn't seating right now. It did come with an extra one that i just remembered so i'll try putting that on if just cleaning the float valve cap didn't do it.

It came with an extra one because they retain strong scents. You're supposed to use one for sweet and one for savory, or go mad and buy the color-coded ones on the website.

But if the lid gasket wasn't sealing you'd know, it would dump steam out the side. Pull the float valve, clean it, and put it back together. Most of the lid is user-servicable and needs somewhat regular maintenance.

E: Just to be safe, pull the seal and swap it. Compare the sizes when you do it, too, as old seals expand before they fail. But you'd have to have been cooking in it 5 days a week for it to die in 6 months.

Shit Fuckasaurus fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 7, 2020

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Plastik posted:

It came with an extra one because they retain strong scents. You're supposed to use one for sweet and one for savory, or go mad and buy the color-coded ones on the website.

Sticking these in a 200-250F oven for a while gets rid of the smell, FYI.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

priznat posted:

Jesus christ are people A) going trick or treating or B) welcoming trick or treaters at their door presumably in the 2nd/3rd/whatever wave of a pandemic?

No thank you!

Decorating doesn't require trick or treating to be cool and fun. I put up Christmas decorations but I ain't inviting people over for presents

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Barry posted:

I put up Christmas decorations but I ain't inviting people over for presents

I mean, it's August so probably not?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, it's August so probably not?

Well obviously they were for Christmas in July but I haven't taken them down yet, don't lazy-shame me

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

We were suuuuper lazy about taking down our tiny artificial tree this last year, and then covid hit and now it's just a permanent Covid tree with a burger tree topper. it makes a really good drying rack for all our masks.

Anyway, Costco related: Why do they always take away the products we love :negative: I miss the 2 pack of pineapple juice and the huge bags of Morningstar fake nugs so much. I leave a comment card every time but I feel like they're never coming back.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Casu Marzu posted:

Covid tree with a burger tree topper

Nice

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Casu Marzu posted:

We were suuuuper lazy about taking down our tiny artificial tree this last year, and then covid hit and now it's just a permanent Covid tree with a burger tree topper. it makes a really good drying rack for all our masks.

Anyway, Costco related: Why do they always take away the products we love :negative: I miss the 2 pack of pineapple juice and the huge bags of Morningstar fake nugs so much. I leave a comment card every time but I feel like they're never coming back.

look around for the dole juice friend

I look to the west. Nothing

I look to the east. And the Dole was good

could have sworn it used to be a 3 pack

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Casu Marzu posted:

Maybe it's to teach us about the misery of samsara or some poo poo?

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
I regret purchasing shrimp chips

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
See, you now understand how desire leads to suffering!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Casu Marzu posted:

Wait how does COVID affect the ability to take down an artificial tree in your own home :confused:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FCKGW posted:

Wait how does COVID affect the ability to take down an artificial tree in your own home :confused:

Barry posted:

Well obviously they were for Christmas in July but I haven't taken them down yet, don't lazy-shame me

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

FCKGW posted:

Because what's the point? It's just me and my girlfriend in the house, it's not in the way, time has no meaning, and the next time anyone except us will be in this apartment will be at least Christmas, if not later.

Also, it makes a great mask drying rack.

Also also, there's a burger with taco wings on top.

Edit: here's a picture of the burgtaco

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 7, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Casu Marzu posted:

Also also, there's a burger with taco wings on top.

"Pics or it didn't happen" (as the kids say these days).

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Casu Marzu posted:

Extremely blessed

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Casu Marzu posted:

yo this owns

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

priznat posted:

No thank you!

Slider posted:

im going to hang them from my balcony

You are sick.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

When my wife had transplant surgery last November I was too busy to take down the giant spider & spiderweb decoration in the front yard so I just put a Santa hat on the spider and kept it up until February

Not having an HOA rules

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Over the last two weeks, I've cooked every recipe that uses salami that I know of, but I still have over a pound of the stuff left. Any good ideas to use up these hundred or so slices?

Normally, being forced to eat muffulettas until the end of days would be ideal, but since I moved I can't the right bread for it anymore. And variety is never a bad thing, supposedly.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pizza pizza and more pizza

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Crisp up slices in a pan and then eat them like chips, dipping them in various sauces etc...

Also, I picked up a big bag of shrimp chips from costco today

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 7, 2020

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You just eat it by the slice, no prep needed. You sit down, assign a hand to salami grease duty and you work through those hundred or so proper like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Yeah just like get a little throughout the day, as a treat.