Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

:ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-CT3xQ7FsY

trying 2 wrap a tortilla around my head around this video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

in my mind, these are the only acceptable ersatz pizza crusts:

-english muffins
-bagels

this list will be amended as i think about pizza some more

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I feel attacked I'm cooking what is essentially exactly the same thing right now except I'm using Lebanese bread.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Looks good af. gently caress u

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
i didnt watch the video but making homemade pizzas on tortillas on a cast iron pan is probably the best kind of homemade pizza you can make without a real pizza oven

I use the uncooked ones to do it

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
poo poo looks great.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OhsH posted:

poo poo looks great.

Yea it do. OP is an utter battery

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

free hubcaps posted:

in my mind, these are the only acceptable ersatz pizza crusts:

-english muffins
-bagels

Terrible. Each one worse than the last.
Honestly if rather be dead than eat an English muffin like that

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Terrible. Each one worse than the last.
Honestly if rather be dead than eat an English muffin like that

u are missing out on the true delight that is enlgish muffin pizza ("EMP"s as those in the know call em)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

OP is an utter battery

whoa thanks!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i just had a grilled cheese which is sort of like an open calzone

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mozi posted:

i just had a grilled cheese which is sort of like an open calzone

Fhats cool

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

hakimashou posted:

i didnt watch the video but making homemade pizzas on tortillas on a cast iron pan is probably the best kind of homemade pizza you can make without a real pizza oven

I use the uncooked ones to do it

yeah tortilla pizzas are amazing for the minimal amount of work. and in case anyone wants the actual recipe: https://www.seriouseats.com/2016/08/cast-iron-pizza-tortilla-video-recipe-food-lab.html

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

free hubcaps posted:

while i prefer to inhale meat whenever possible this loooks amazing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wow that's a hell of a recipe I hope I can decode the ultimate mystery of 'put pizza toppings on a tortilla' THis is incredible I feel like Ken Reeves in the hit movie The Matrix. What Even Is Real?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if he keeps eating pizzas soon he'll be jacques poopin

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Mozi posted:

if he keeps eating pizzas soon he'll be jacques poopin
:emptyquote:

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
He still cuts an onion better than anybody cuts an onion, if you don't know how to cook he is the best possible person to learn from

I just donated some money to his foundation like two hours ago to get a signed poster of this chicken he painted, dude's getting old but I hope he sticks around forever

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Stalizard posted:

He still cuts an onion better than anybody cuts an onion, if you don't know how to cook he is the best possible person to learn from

I just donated some money to his foundation like two hours ago to get a signed poster of this chicken he painted, dude's getting old but I hope he sticks around forever

I like his paintings and his menus

I got to meet him once and he was just as nice as you expect :3:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
at 84 he puts more effort into his cooking than 99% of our useless population so ill forgive a tortilla 'pizza'

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Craqueshead Pepin

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
This looks hella good, and easy op. If anything Jacques Pepin has figured out the one true food

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler

Stalizard posted:

Hell yeah, his chickens are the best.

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
Jaques is a treasure. Maybe what offends you about this is that they call it a pizza?

Whatever you call it it looks good. To me the weirdest thing about this is wtf was that pepper grinder?

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Why isn't crude oil used in cooking? Seems like it would be a very cheap way to add calories to a meal to help feed the hungry.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I would say it's a stretch to call it pizza, but it looks like a fine enough meal. What's the big issue, OP?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

human garbage bag posted:

Why isn't crude oil used in cooking? Seems like it would be a very cheap way to add calories to a meal to help feed the hungry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutter_oil
close enough for you?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He is my favourite cook who interacted with Julia Child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxv6IGBgFQ

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

It’s been a long time since I’ve been English muffin pizza poor.

weed dad
Aug 7, 2020
its pretty good for a guy that spent so much time underwater

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
I know 20,000 leagues under and he kept the meals goood

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Been waiting for this meltdown all my adult life

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If you're making a half rear end pizza just dump toppings on a piece of bread and broil it in the oven for a few minutes. Like if you aren't doing the real thing why do something you're going to need to cut up.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
naan makes good pizza crust

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I feel attacked I'm cooking what is essentially exactly the same thing right now except I'm using Lebanese bread.

Same, and it's good.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
fancy french chef making mud pies
seems like adding olive oil among the cheese is going to make it melt all over the place instead of simply on top of the "pizza"

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

rodbeard posted:

If you're making a half rear end pizza just dump toppings on a piece of bread and broil it in the oven for a few minutes. Like if you aren't doing the real thing why do something you're going to need to cut up.

No truly half rear end is just melting the cheese onto the toppings and eating them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when you start making low effort, somewhat adequate approximations of real food, why not resort to some garbage frozen food instead?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

free hubcaps posted:

drat that old french baguette stole my son's signature dish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

when you start making low effort, somewhat adequate approximations of real food, why not resort to some garbage frozen food instead?

Because it's still better than frozen food.

Frozen food is for loving babies and people that eat with their goddamn hands and end the names of food with "ies"